PDA

View Full Version : SPECIAL ABC: Bodypower/Temple Gym: 5/21/10

G Diesel
04-09-10, 12:55 pm
Yo fellas, a few members of the Animal crew will be making the trip across the pond to represent Animal at the Bodypower Expo in Birmingham, England in May.

As such, we absolutely had to take the opportunity to set up an ABC at one of the most hardcore, legendary gyms in the world.

I hope all of our UK brethren and any other good blokes visiting the area for the expo can make their way out to the event. The details are as follows...

Bodypower Expo UK ABC
Friday, May 21st, 2010 at 7pm
Temple Gym
16 Temple Street
Birmingham
B2 5BY

If you plan to make it out, step up and post your name in this thread so we can get a sense of the head count.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
04-09-10, 1:01 pm
Woww. THE Temple gym huh? Very cool.

Aggression
04-09-10, 1:22 pm
If there was ever an ABC that I'd travel miles upon miles for, it'd be for an ABC at Temple. Awesome.

Mr. Dead
04-09-10, 1:28 pm
Woww. THE Temple gym huh? Very cool.

If there was ever an ABC that I'd travel miles upon miles for, it'd be for an ABC at Temple. Awesome.

What they said...

Enforcer
04-10-10, 10:23 am
Yo fellas, a few members of the Animal crew will be making the trip across the pond to represent Animal at the Bodypower Expo in Birmingham, England in May.

As such, we absolutely had to take the opportunity to set up an ABC at one of the most hardcore, legendary gyms in the world.

I hope all of our UK brethren and any other good blokes visiting the area for the expo can make their way out to the event. The details are as follows...

Bodypower Expo UK ABC
Temple Gym
16 Temple Street
Birmingham
B2 5BY

If you plan to make it out, step up and post your name in this thread so we can get a sense of the head count.

Peace, G

Fuckin a, a chance to train at the Temple Gym? Home of the great one Dorain Yates? Truly would be an honor to get to train there. If you can make out to this event def. do so.

Marcus Leong
04-14-10, 3:19 pm
oh my god, this is gonna be so fucking sick! my first ever ABC and at the Temple Gym! Count me in!

SDR
04-15-10, 2:39 pm
Good Stuff....

SDR is in the house !!!

G Diesel
04-16-10, 3:21 pm
Fuckin a, a chance to train at the Temple Gym? Home of the great one Dorain Yates? Truly would be an honor to get to train there. If you can make out to this event def. do so.

Wish you were gonna be there with me cousin.

oh my god, this is gonna be so fucking sick! my first ever ABC and at the Temple Gym! Count me in!

That is one hell of an ABC baptism.

Good Stuff....

SDR is in the house !!!

There's my boy... Will be good to meet you in person my brother.

Peace, G

sanga
04-20-10, 3:38 am
As you know G I`ll be in Cyprus at daughters wedding so will miss the whole thing. shame.

Temple is a real dungeon, nothing fancy in there and is extremely hardcore.

You will need to park in multi storey car park as there is no real parking outside the gym, maybe enough room for 3-4 cars and these are usually all taken up by gym staff and local people, much less hassle to park and walk the distance to the gym for those that are driving.

Check out the wall at the bottom of the stairs when you go into the gym, Dorian has everything there including Olympia Medals.

Have fun!

Universal Rep
04-22-10, 2:21 pm
How's it hanging fellas?

theharjmann
04-23-10, 6:30 am
Im there. Im doing the exact same back workout that Yates did in his blood and guts video if anyone is feeling brave.

I'll be driving up from west london if anyone wants to come with....

There is a car park that is 10 minutes walk from the gym where i always park when i go. Its £5 for the whole day...cant go wrong really.

Sanga....enjoy the wedding. Bring me back a stick of rock ;-)

sanga
04-23-10, 7:26 am
Rock in Cyprus? Lol maybe an olive!!!

theharjmann
04-23-10, 8:38 am
haha. even better. healthy fats lol.

you'll be missed mate. have a good one though.

theharjmann
04-23-10, 8:55 am
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/temple_gym.htm

G Diesel
04-23-10, 9:14 am
Im there. Im doing the exact same back workout that Yates did in his blood and guts video if anyone is feeling brave.

I'll be driving up from west london if anyone wants to come with....

Very cool. I'm sure many are thinking along the same lines. It will be Friday, so I'll be training chest. Maybe some bis or tris too.

As you know G I`ll be in Cyprus at daughters wedding so will miss the whole thing. shame.

Temple is a real dungeon, nothing fancy in there and is extremely hardcore.

You will need to park in multi storey car park as there is no real parking outside the gym, maybe enough room for 3-4 cars and these are usually all taken up by gym staff and local people, much less hassle to park and walk the distance to the gym for those that are driving.

Check out the wall at the bottom of the stairs when you go into the gym, Dorian has everything there including Olympia Medals.

Have fun!

You will be missed my brother... But I'm sure Cyprus will be a good time.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/temple_gym.htm

Awesome link. I got psyched just reading that. I've had the Blood and Guts VHS since I was like 19. Amazingly inspiring.

Peace, G

theharjmann
04-24-10, 3:17 pm
By the way guys you are probably not gonna want to shower there. And there is very little space...no lockers either. So bring small gym bags. If you dont bring post workout nutrition they sell it all there.

SDR
05-01-10, 8:01 pm
harj- might have to catch a lift with you bro if thats ok? and chip in for petty money...

are you stayin for bodypower expo too? where you staying....im trying to free up some rooms at Aston uni 10 mins away..

C.Coronato
05-03-10, 9:42 am
Big things going on in a few weeks ..

G Diesel
05-03-10, 9:46 am
Only a few short weeks away... Better train hard.

Peace, G

theharjmann
05-03-10, 2:47 pm
harj- might have to catch a lift with you bro if thats ok? and chip in for petty money...

are you stayin for bodypower expo too? where you staying....im trying to free up some rooms at Aston uni 10 mins away..

Alright mate yeah thats cool jump in. Where do u live?

Im not staying for the expo unfortunately ive got a lot of stuff on at the weekend.

Big things going on in a few weeks ..

You gonna be down training aswell TTL?

SDR
05-03-10, 5:45 pm
Alright mate yeah thats cool jump in. Where do u live?

Im not staying for the expo unfortunately ive got a lot of stuff on at the weekend.

Harj - Southall..

Universal Rep
05-04-10, 9:58 am
Let's get a head count guys. Who's coming?

C.Coronato
05-04-10, 10:08 am

Nahh man, i wish .. One Day!

theharjmann
05-04-10, 10:30 am
Let's get a head count guys. Who's coming?

theharjmann
+SDR

tdubs
05-06-10, 9:00 am
theharjmann
+SDR

I'm keen. Complete newbie and probably half the size of you lads but I'll give it a crack!

theharjmann
05-06-10, 11:45 am
I'm keen. Complete newbie and probably half the size of you lads but I'll give it a crack!

size means sweet F.A. mate. just train!

Marcus Leong
05-06-10, 12:50 pm
I'm coming man. What are you guys going to be training for that day? This is my first ABC so consider me a baby. Its gonna be fucking awesome meeting you other animals.

tdubs
05-10-10, 6:28 am
I'm coming man. What are you guys going to be training for that day? This is my first ABC so consider me a baby. Its gonna be fucking awesome meeting you other animals.

It's a Friday so I'll be hitting chest and biceps.... can't believe I'll be training at Temple, using the same kit as DY did for the Olympia. Crazy.

Marcus Leong
05-10-10, 6:35 am
It's a Friday so I'll be hitting chest and biceps.... can't believe I'll be training at Temple, using the same kit as DY did for the Olympia. Crazy.

coolies tdubs, looking forward to meeting you and training together! most probably doing arms on that day.

btw how long are we training for?

G Diesel
05-10-10, 9:12 am

Nice man, I too will be training chest and I agree, it is crazy to be training on the same equipment Dorian used to dominate. Very inspiring.

coolies tdubs, looking forward to meeting you and training together! most probably doing arms on that day.

btw how long are we training for?

No doubt bro. As for how long we'll be training, I figure 90 mins or so should suffice. Then anyone who is interested can grab a bite to eat somewhere close.

Peace, G

Marcus Leong
05-10-10, 12:21 pm
Nice man, I too will be training chest and I agree, it is crazy to be training on the same equipment Dorian used to dominate. Very inspiring.

No doubt bro. As for how long we'll be training, I figure 90 mins or so should suffice. Then anyone who is interested can grab a bite to eat somewhere close.

Peace, G

Cool G, i'm cutting now so i will most probably bring my own food or something with me. I'll tag along with you guys after the workout though!

tdubs
05-11-10, 2:08 am

Peace, G

How about a Nando's afterwards? (G, it's an awesome chicken place). Just checked out their website and there's four within a mile of Temple....

Also, everyone who's coming to the lift bring a camera. I want evidence of G warming up with my max!!

G Diesel
05-11-10, 10:40 am
How about a Nando's afterwards? (G, it's an awesome chicken place). Just checked out their website and there's four within a mile of Temple....

Also, everyone who's coming to the lift bring a camera. I want evidence of G warming up with my max!!

Nando's sounds awesome bro... I'm in. Just lead the way.

As for your weights being my warm-up, that sounds like a lot of pressure. I better get my game up. Haha.

Peace, G

mass3011
05-13-10, 4:42 pm
just read this id love to come dont thinks mums guna approve tho me neing just 16 and all ha anyway have a great time boys!

G Diesel
05-13-10, 4:47 pm
just read this id love to come dont thinks mums guna approve tho me neing just 16 and all ha anyway have a great time boys!

Age aside, you're always welcome my brother... We were all 16 once (those were the days).

Peace, G

SDR
05-13-10, 5:11 pm
The Nandos in bullring apparently closes at 8pm, but theres another local one that closes at 11pm so we'll go there....Full Platters all around !!! Chicken and salad for you low-carbers...

tdubs
05-13-10, 5:50 pm
The Nandos in bullring apparently closes at 8pm, but theres another local one that closes at 11pm so we'll go there....Full Platters all around !!! Chicken and salad for you low-carbers...

And peri-peri fries and cheesecake for the bulkers!

Good local knowledge SDR, looking forward to it!

mass3011
05-14-10, 2:11 am
Age aside, you're always welcome my brother... We were all 16 once (those were the days).

Peace, G

cheers g well i think im guna have to miss this 1 but the next 1 im guna be there! would any of you know how i can join tha abc?

C.Coronato
05-14-10, 9:22 am
Looks like this is shaping up quite nice for sure.

Universal Rep
05-14-10, 10:35 am
So far...

- Vinny G
- G Diesel
- theharjmann
- SDR +
- tdubs
- Marcus Leong
- Wrath?

Who else is a-comin?

G Diesel
05-14-10, 10:54 am
So far...

- Vinny G
- G Diesel
- theharjmann
- SDR +
- tdubs
- Marcus Leong
- Wrath?

Who else is a-comin?

Word around the campfire is that Wrath and I will be training chest at the ABC.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
05-14-10, 10:55 am

Peace, G

Like old times, G...

G Diesel
05-14-10, 10:56 am
Like old times, G...

Yes indeed... Except in the UK at Temple instead of some dusty gym in Jersey.

Peace, G

tdubs
05-14-10, 11:10 am

Peace, G

Wrath and G training chest at Temple... Not sure Birmingham can hold that much awesome.

Either way, I'm bringing a CRATE of Red Bull to keep up with you lads....

Marcus Leong
05-14-10, 2:21 pm
yo G, what time are you guys going to stay at the expo until? and how are you guys getting to the gym? i'm thinking of dropping by the expo and get acquainted with you guys first, before hitting the weights.

Marcus Leong
05-14-10, 2:28 pm
omg wtf am i going on about, lol. wrong dates, my bad! is there anything to look forward to though at the expo universal reps?

tdubs
05-14-10, 2:30 pm
yo G, what time are you guys going to stay at the expo until? and how are you guys getting to the gym? i'm thinking of dropping by the expo and get acquainted with you guys first, before hitting the weights.

Mate, do you know the ABC is Friday night and the Expo is Saturday and Sunday? Not sure if you knew the dates....

Also, tickets are cheaper if you book in advance. Just booked mine for the Saturday.

http://www.seetickets.com/see_multi/event.asp?e|artist=BODY+POWER+2010

tdubs
05-14-10, 2:31 pm
omg wtf am i going on about, lol. wrong dates, my bad! is there anything to look forward to though at the expo universal reps?

Ah, apparently you do! Ha ha, need to get my replies in faster!

Marcus Leong
05-14-10, 2:52 pm
Mate, do you know the ABC is Friday night and the Expo is Saturday and Sunday? Not sure if you knew the dates....

Also, tickets are cheaper if you book in advance. Just booked mine for the Saturday.

http://www.seetickets.com/see_multi/event.asp?e|artist=BODY+POWER+2010

Ah, apparently you do! Ha ha, need to get my replies in faster!

ah shit man, i know haha. in this case i'm gonna have a problem.. i got to put up a night in birmingham if i want to attend the expo.. where u staying for the night tdubs?

tdubs
05-14-10, 2:59 pm
ah shit man, i know haha. in this case i'm gonna have a problem.. i got to put up a night in birmingham if i want to attend the expo.. where u staying for the night tdubs?

Haven't got anything nailed down yet. I'm holding out to stay at my sister in laws- she lives 20 minutes fom Birmingham so that would be a touch.

Failing that, probably a B&B or cheap hotel somewhere.

There's a couple more UK lads going, theharjmann and SDR I think. Maybe give them a shout, see if they've got anything sorted?

Universal Rep
05-14-10, 3:04 pm

Def stop by the expo... I believe Corporate is tryin' to work something out. I even heard there might be a limited edition Animal t-shirt, dunno. Stay tuned.

Marcus Leong
05-14-10, 3:04 pm
ah cool cool, from the previous posts it looks like they are going to stay at some university accommodation or something like that, can't remember. man, can't fucking wait no more for this shit, after my final exam paper on friday i'ma take the next train down to birmingham!!

Marcus Leong
05-14-10, 3:05 pm
Def stop by the expo... I believe Corporate is tryin' to work something out. I even heard there might be a limited edition Animal t-shirt, dunno. Stay tuned.

ok universal rep, i believe in you and don't let me down please!

Universal Rep
05-14-10, 3:05 pm
ah cool cool, from the previous posts it looks like they are going to stay at some university accommodation or something like that, can't remember. man, can't fucking wait no more for this shit, after my final exam paper on friday i'ma take the next train down to birmingham!!

Be sure to bring a camera. That is all.

Marcus Leong
05-14-10, 3:06 pm
Be sure to bring a camera. That is all.

roger that bro

Universal Rep
05-14-10, 3:09 pm
roger that bro

And a coupla pound notes... Just in case there is a Limited Edition Animal T...

tdubs
05-14-10, 3:16 pm
And a coupla pound notes... Just in case there is a Limited Edition Animal T...

I am ALL OVER that!

Universal Rep
05-14-10, 3:21 pm
I am ALL OVER that!

.... The pound notes? Uh, whatever floats your boat fella.

tdubs
05-14-10, 7:39 pm
.... The pound notes? Uh, whatever floats your boat fella.

Ha ha, been a while since we had pound notes here mate!

Keen for t-shirt though!

Marcus Leong
05-15-10, 2:02 pm
hey bros, i've convinced another friend of mine to join us, so the more the merrier!

SDR
05-15-10, 6:36 pm
I got 2 people coming with me alongside myself and Harj...im sure you guys can appreciated they aint too accquainted with the internet though!

G Diesel
05-17-10, 1:30 pm
Only a few days away fellas... Can't wait to hit it hard in the hallowed halls of Temple.

Peace, G

tdubs
05-17-10, 2:56 pm
Only a few days away fellas... Can't wait to hit it hard in the hallowed halls of Temple.

Peace, G

Countdown is on...

FITGYM
05-17-10, 3:44 pm

Peace, G

Paying the cost to be the Boss sometimes has it's benefits. Have a good trip

theharjmann
05-18-10, 6:17 pm
hey guys, really dorry but im not gonna be able to make it friday...family emergency has come up with my mum.

im bummed. have a good session though.

peace

tdubs
05-19-10, 2:54 am
hey guys, really dorry but im not gonna be able to make it friday...family emergency has come up with my mum.

im bummed. have a good session though.

peace

ah, that sucks harj.... we'll get some extra reps in for you!

hope all is well with the family, mate.

Singh
05-19-10, 4:57 am
So far...

- Vinny G
- G Diesel
- theharjmann
- SDR +
- tdubs
- Marcus Leong
- Wrath?
- Singh +1 ?

_ _________________

tdubs
05-19-10, 6:17 am
So far...

- Vinny G
- G Diesel
- theharjmann
- SDR +
- tdubs
- Marcus Leong
- Wrath?
- Singh +1 ?

_ _________________

No harj.... see the posts above.

Singh
05-19-10, 7:17 am
No harj.... see the posts above.

I'M NOT HARJ BRO!

Well I'm just adding my name to the list of attebdance! Wount be taking part but certainly
coming along!!
What times this all going down!?

tdubs
05-19-10, 7:29 am
I'M NOT HARJ BRO!

Well I'm just adding my name to the list of attebdance! Wount be taking part but certainly
coming along!!
What times this all going down!?

Ha ha, I know! Just saying that Harj won't be there; he posted earlier to say he had a family thing come up and couldn't make it.

7pm at The Temple. How come you're not training, mate?

Singh
05-19-10, 7:48 am
Ha ha, I know! Just saying that Harj won't be there; he posted earlier to say he had a family thing come up and couldn't make it.

7pm at The Temple. How come you're not training, mate?

Oh sorry yeah I read that, you lot are probably big guys, iv just started in the game! You know I'll come have a few sets but would to just talk get tips/technique off you guys!

naturalguy
05-19-10, 8:08 am
I am so jealous

Singh
05-19-10, 8:11 am
I am so jealous

Why bro??

G Diesel
05-19-10, 8:39 am
Working on having some passes at the ABC for you guys to get access to the expo this weekend. Only a couple days away now.

Peace, G

naturalguy
05-19-10, 9:01 am
Why bro??

Because I won't be there. I always wanted to train at Temple Gym, an ABC there will be legendary.

Singh
05-19-10, 9:10 am
Working on having some passes at the ABC for you guys to get access to the expo this weekend. Only a couple days away now.

Yeah ok, how much is it anyway?
Will there be animal Tee's on sale??

G Diesel
05-19-10, 9:13 am
Yeah ok, how much is it anyway?
Will there be animal Tee's on sale??

Free to everybody from the FORVM that comes out. We might also have a present for those fellas as well. Beyond that there will be gear and supps sold at the BodyPower expo on Saturday and Sunday.

Peace, G

Singh
05-19-10, 9:18 am
Free to everybody from the FORVM that comes out. We might also have a present for those fellas as well. Beyond that there will be gear and supps sold at the BodyPower expo on Saturday and Sunday.

Peace, G

Yeah that's taking place at the NEC is it ??
Suprise, I like suprises! I'm gonna come have a few sets with you guys but wount be on the same level though! Haha.

tdubs
05-19-10, 9:47 am

Peace, G

Ah, G you're killin' me! I just bought my tickets for the Expo!

tdubs
05-19-10, 9:49 am
Because I won't be there. I always wanted to train at Temple Gym, an ABC there will be legendary.

I'm hoping The Shadow himself might make an appearance...

tdubs
05-19-10, 9:54 am
Yeah that's taking place at the NEC is it ??
Suprise, I like suprises! I'm gonna come have a few sets with you guys but wount be on the same level though! Haha.

Doesn't matter mate, just get in there and train! G quite literally benches twice as much as me but doesn't mean you can't get amongst it...

BTW G, I saw Wrath and your good self on the Animal YouTube page... I think my "your warm up is my max" prophecy was right!

Marcus Leong
05-19-10, 10:15 am
Geez G, my ticket for the expo came today!!!!!! Oh yea btw, could you guys from Universal hit us up with some posters man!! I'm moving into a bigger house next year so more wall to fill with!

SDR
05-19-10, 3:18 pm
GREAT STUFF about the expo ticket!

05-19-10, 3:48 pm
im gona be there lads, carnt wait gona be one of the best weekends of my life got everything i love involved in it.

G Diesel
05-19-10, 3:50 pm
GREAT STUFF about the expo ticket!

Working on it... We shall see what I can do.

im gona be there lads, carnt wait gona be one of the best weekends of my life got everything i love involved in it.

Very nice bro. Glad you're coming out to train. So far...

- Wrath
- Vinny G
- G Diesel
- SDR + 1
- tdubs
- Marcus Leong
- Singh +1 ?

Peace, G

05-19-10, 4:20 pm
ive got a bit of a full bodywork out to do, legs,calves,back,chest,traps. anyone gona be deadlifting? thats the only lift im ok at lol

Marcus Leong
05-19-10, 4:28 pm
gonna be working on my shoulders, wanna get some pointers from the pros on how to bring up my rear delts!

05-19-10, 5:21 pm
also im guessing we gota pay to get in? how much is it a fiver? and i will not leave till i get the yellow animal t-shirt been wanting one for years now lol

SDR
05-19-10, 6:19 pm
also im guessing we gota pay to get in? how much is it a fiver? and i will not leave till i get the yellow animal t-shirt been wanting one for years now lol

yes mate a Fiver...cheap as chips for such a well equipped historic gym

Marcus Leong
05-19-10, 6:50 pm

ahhhhhh chips... its been 6 weeks now..

Razor
05-19-10, 11:31 pm

Peace, G

Soooo this day would mark the much anticipated return of Wrath...very cool indeed.

theharjmann
05-20-10, 7:28 am
ah, that sucks harj.... we'll get some extra reps in for you!

hope all is well with the family, mate.

cheers mate. have a good one

G Diesel
05-20-10, 9:39 am

It is on us. Free for all who come out to the ABC.

Soooo this day would mark the much anticipated return of Wrath...very cool indeed.

It would appear so, my brother... Looking forward to seeing him back on his feet and going hard.

Peace, G

JUGGERNAUT
05-20-10, 9:43 am
I'm REALLY jealous you are going on this trip to England.

Juggs would have a spot uv tea thah for sure mate.

Marcus Leong

damn Universal you guys fuckiiiiiiiiiiiiiing rock!!!!

Razor

It would appear so, my brother... Looking forward to seeing him back on his feet and going hard.

Peace, G

Badass. Anytime we get one of our boys back off the DL it's always a good thing and always means havoc will occur!!

05-20-10, 12:15 pm
its says its due to start at 7 but what time r u guys gona start getting there, or is 7 when ur gona start getting there?

05-20-10, 12:21 pm
also hows wrath?, is he still in pretty good shape and strong, heard he had an accident a while back hope hes back to his awsome former self

G Diesel
05-20-10, 12:41 pm
its says its due to start at 7 but what time r u guys gona start getting there, or is 7 when ur gona start getting there?

also hows wrath?, is he still in pretty good shape and strong, heard he had an accident a while back hope hes back to his awsome former self

Should be getting there a at least few minutes early bro. Wrath is on his way back and put 25 lbs on since his hospital stay a few weeks back. Dude's a freak.

We'll be eating after at the local Nando's near Temple as my good UK blokes recommend it highly. Here's the website: http://www.nandos.co.uk/ Looks perfect.

Peace, G

CaeserKahn76
05-20-10, 12:55 pm
Hey there fellas,
just rejoined the forum after a long time away and look what i stumble on too, absolutely astounded by this, and the same week as the expo. But as im generally THE most unlucky bastard in the uk, i just had keyhole surgery yesterday and have just come back home. Anyway, forget that, i have been fortunate to visit temple and it is absolutely timeless. As soon as you get through dog shit alley and down them narrow ass stairs the place just reeks of pure iron. I spent most of my time looking at the walls. Sorry if i sound like a absolute boring dick, but i really hope you feel that shit when your in there. Would anyone mind if i dropped by to meet you all???

Razor
05-20-10, 2:00 pm
Wrath is on his way back and put 25 lbs on since his hospital stay a few weeks back. Dude's a freak.

Peace, G

How the ? haha Just awesome.

Vinny G
05-20-10, 2:22 pm
just getting ready to head to the airport in a bit, cant wait to land in ENGLAND.

Bard of Rage
05-20-10, 2:55 pm
We'll be eating after at the local Nando's near Temple as my good UK blokes recommend it highly. Here's the website: http://www.nandos.co.uk/ Looks perfect.

Nandos is good stuff man, you can get a whole chicken and have them cover it with all of these good sauces. Makes me feel a little more jealous that I just moved from the UK and can't go.

05-20-10, 3:10 pm
Should be getting there a at least few minutes early bro. Wrath is on his way back and put 25 lbs on since his hospital stay a few weeks back. Dude's a freak.

Peace, G

haha thats muscle memory for u, how hard is he hitting the weights? u recone we will see him smashing out reps with 405lbs on the incline or flat bench or any massive weights.

Singh
05-20-10, 3:29 pm
haha thats muscle memory for u, how hard is he hitting the weights? u recone we will see him smashing out reps with 405lbs on the incline or flat bench or any massive weights.

GUYS SERIOUSLY I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS WEEKEND! meeting all of you dude's is like WOAH!! not to many big lifters in my gym and seeing you ANIMAL's is gonna be awesome!

Marcus Leong
05-20-10, 4:54 pm
GUYS SERIOUSLY I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS WEEKEND! meeting all of you dude's is like WOAH!! not to many big lifters in my gym and seeing you ANIMAL's is gonna be awesome!

its tomorrow its tomorrow!! gonna finish my last exam paper and zip across to train with you guys!

Singh
05-20-10, 7:30 pm
My mate was on about getting us free into the expo over the weekend but i dont hes able for some reason think he'll flop on us, but just incase how much are tickets??
any discounts from the forvm ? haha

Marcus Leong
05-20-10, 7:48 pm

Peace, G

My mate was on about getting us free into the expo over the weekend but i dont hes able for some reason think he'll flop on us, but just incase how much are tickets??
any discounts from the forvm ? haha

yo bro, G said he MIGHT be able to get you guys free passes, too bad i had already bought mine. as for the tickets for the expo, you will be able to get them at the door. Adults £20.00.

FITGYM
05-20-10, 9:41 pm
G Diesel and Vinnie the Lip have a great trip and train like Dorian Yates would train at Temple Gym. Train like an Animal.

tdubs
05-21-10, 2:10 am
D-Day, fellas.... looking forward to meeting you all. Safe journey everyone, and bring your A-game!

Singh
05-21-10, 6:14 am
yo bro, G said he MIGHT be able to get you guys free passes, too bad i had already bought mine. as for the tickets for the expo, you will be able to get them at the door. Adults £20.00.

Yeeeaah if he can thens that superb, VIP only another fiver might aswel go in VIP but defo looking forward to seeing you guys today and just having a few sets!!
His would I know who's who !?!?

Marcus Leong
05-21-10, 6:25 am
Yeeeaah if he can thens that superb, VIP only another fiver might aswel go in VIP but defo looking forward to seeing you guys today and just having a few sets!!
His would I know who's who !?!?

VIP tickets are sold out bro, only normal tickets are available. yea it will be awesome training today with you guys. just finished my last exam paper, free as a lark now! waiting to catch the train now, see you guys later!

Singh
05-21-10, 7:07 am
What?? Naaah I wanna picture with Mariusz Pudzianowski . . Haha!
Yeah tonight the venue! It's gonna be wickid!

Elite
05-21-10, 8:06 am
Have a great time guys. From personal experience, Vinny & G are standout guy's. Met them at the '08 Arnold weekend and sat next to Vinny for some grub after training (couldnt understand my essex boy accent, pah!). They bring a wealth of knowledge and experience, for two so young. Rack their brains all you can, for tips on training & nutrition. Didnt manage to grab a word with Frank, but he's a beast non the less. Was expecting to grab halfday at work and shuttle down in time for the ABC, but had to stay on the whole day. Hopefully some of you guys will get the bug enough to wanna come to the 2011 Arnold Expo with me, im definately there, no ifs, buts or maybe's.

Hit it hard.

naturalguy
05-21-10, 4:00 pm
They are entering the hallowed halls, Vinny just sent me this:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/Temple.jpg

naturalguy
05-21-10, 4:13 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/Temple3.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/Temple1.jpg

Beowulf
05-21-10, 4:14 pm
They are entering the hallowed halls, Vinny just sent me this:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/Temple.jpg

Very cool. I've never had the privilege of training at Temple Gym. Love the irony, "fitness centre".

naturalguy
05-21-10, 4:15 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/Temple5.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/Temple6.jpg

Beowulf
05-21-10, 4:16 pm
Wrath is looking like his old self again, it would appear.

Elite
05-21-10, 4:17 pm
You fella's came at a good time. Weathers great and gonna be for the whole weekend.
Birminghams a shit-hole though, lol

Beowulf
05-21-10, 4:19 pm
You fella's came at a good time. Weathers great and gonna be for the whole weekend.
Birminghams a shit-hole though, lol

I kinda like wet weather myself.

Aggression
05-21-10, 4:24 pm
I might have to stay away from this thread. The jealousy and envy are too much.

naturalguy
05-21-10, 4:26 pm
I might have to stay away from this thread. The jealousy and envy are too much.

I hear that, I wish I was there with them. That is a heck of an experience

FITGYM
05-21-10, 6:28 pm
I wish I was there

naturalguy
05-21-10, 6:33 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/photo.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/photo-1.jpg

Vinny on the wall at Temple:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/photo-2.jpg

G Diesel
05-21-10, 7:44 pm
Training at Temple tonight was sick... Wrath and I were underfed and under-rested and as such a little weak, but the intensity and atmosphere pushed us through a killer chest and calves session. Temple is truly a house of worship for cats who breathe the hardcore training ethic.

Much love and respect to Simon and Gus from Temple, the gym regulars and all of the brothers who came out to support the ABC. More pics will follow.

Peace, G

Singh
05-22-10, 3:56 am
Seriously last night was awesome!! Meeting up everybody, hanging out & everything!!
The session itself was awesome, the meal afterwards just topped the night off!

Showed determination, pride & glory whoever showed up last night!
Alot of members from the U.K could of made the effort but you guys all missed out on the suprise, nice treat for everybody who deciding it was worth 3 hours of there time!

naturalguy
05-23-10, 7:58 am
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-1.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-2.jpg

naturalguy
05-23-10, 7:59 am
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-3.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-4.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-5.jpg

FITGYM
05-23-10, 10:25 am
They are having fun

Legacy
05-23-10, 2:56 pm
That is a bad ass fuckin gym

Vinny G
05-23-10, 6:47 pm
we had a blast, and meeting up with the brotrhers from the UK was awesome.

temple gym was a fucking dream come true for hard core training....it was a time warp back to 1984.

the EXPO was cool, or should i say VERY HOT.....very hot and humid outside, no AC inside.

met some great people from tropicana distributors and had a great time hanging with them.

EVERYONE we met was so nice to us, and very excided we were here.

GREAT TIME all around.

Enforcer
05-23-10, 7:53 pm
Dude I cant even begin to start about how jealous I am right now

FITGYM
05-23-10, 8:39 pm
we had a blast, and meeting up with the brotrhers from the UK was awesome.

temple gym was a fucking dream come true for hard core training....it was a time warp back to 1984.

the EXPO was cool, or should i say VERY HOT.....very hot and humid outside, no AC inside.

met some great people from tropicana distributors and had a great time hanging with them.

EVERYONE we met was so nice to us, and very excided we were here.

GREAT TIME all around.

Did you happen to see anyone running and flipping in the streets. I forget what they call it but it's big over in europe.

Elite
05-24-10, 5:34 am
Did you happen to see anyone running and flipping in the streets. I forget what they call it but it's big over in europe.

Parkour?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

Aggression
05-24-10, 9:04 am
Dude I cant even begin to start about how jealous I am right now

Yup. I'm right there with ya, E.

mritter3
05-24-10, 9:07 am
pics look awesome...glad to see Wrath is back training again...good stuff.

FITGYM
05-24-10, 10:32 am
Parkour?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

yep thats it

HIGA MONSTER
05-24-10, 11:07 am
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-1.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-2.jpg

WOW, that picture of the eggs meal looks tasty!

HIGA MONSTER

Beowulf
05-24-10, 11:56 am
How was Birmingham guys?

05-24-10, 1:51 pm
m8 it would be awsome if u could post all the pictures from temple gym, was such a good time i wanna remember every moment.

Marcus Leong
05-24-10, 2:14 pm
Temple Gym, home to Dorian Yates 6 times Mr Olympia. Me and my pal Ben were a wee late because we had exam papers but as we entered the alleyway that hid the entrance to the gym, we immediately knew it was going to be hardcore. Walking down the steps while admiring the pictures of Dorian, we were blasted by the humidity of the air from the gym.

Then we all saw our brothers, all clad in their favourite Animal t-shirts, different race, different nationality, but all bound by the love for iron. Immediately me and Ben got acquainted and wasted no time working out since we were late. Did a back workout together, pushing ourselves as hard as possible because we knew there was a standard to meet in this gym. A standard set by Dorian. High intensity, heavy weights.

After a gruelling workout, all of us brothers headed to Nando's to grab dinner. People were staring at us lot, or most probably staring at the three biggest guys there Vinny G, G Diesel and of course Wrath. We had a good dinner amongst ourselves and I personally had the chance to ask for loads of invaluable advice from this 3 guys. And again, I will thank them for sharing their knowledge with me, knowledge gained through years of trial and error, knowledge gained from experience, knowledge which is no bull. After dinner, we split and headed to our own places to rest for the night.

The next day, me and Ben went to the expo. Universal was kind enough to give us FORVM members who attended the Temple Gym ABC a free shirt, which i thank them. And then basically me and Ben just walked around, taking pictures with people and getting free samples.

Overall, I thank Animal/Universal for organizing such an event because through this I have met new friends, new brothers. I hope such events will be organized here in the UK more often so that we can spread the love for pumping iron.

Thanks again Animal/Universal, I cannot express my gratitude to you guys.

Over and out.

Beowulf
05-24-10, 2:16 pm
Temple Gym, home to Dorian Yates 6 times Mr Olympia. Me and my pal Ben were a wee late because we had exam papers but as we entered the alleyway that hid the entrance to the gym, we immediately knew it was going to be hardcore. Walking down the steps while admiring the pictures of Dorian, we were blasted by the humidity of the air from the gym.

Then we all saw our brothers, all clad in their favourite Animal t-shirts, different race, different nationality, but all bound by the love for iron. Immediately me and Ben got acquainted and wasted no time working out since we were late. Did a back workout together, pushing ourselves as hard as possible because we knew there was a standard to meet in this gym. A standard set by Dorian. High intensity, heavy weights.

After a gruelling workout, all of us brothers headed to Nando's to grab dinner. People were staring at us lot, or most probably staring at the three biggest guys there Vinny G, G Diesel and of course Wrath. We had a good dinner amongst ourselves and I personally had the chance to ask for loads of invaluable advice from this 3 guys. And again, I will thank them for sharing their knowledge with me, knowledge gained through years of trial and error, knowledge gained from experience, knowledge which is no bull. After dinner, we split and headed to our own places to rest for the night.

The next day, me and Ben went to the expo. Universal was kind enough to give us FORVM members who attended the Temple Gym ABC a free shirt, which i thank them. And then basically me and Ben just walked around, taking pictures with people and getting free samples.

Overall, I thank Animal/Universal for organizing such an event because through this I have met new friends, new brothers. I hope such events will be organized here in the UK more often so that we can spread the love for pumping iron.

Over and out.

How was the grub at Nandos? What kind of show was it--most sports or bodybuilding?

Marcus Leong
05-24-10, 2:19 pm
How was the grub at Nandos? What kind of show was it--most sports or bodybuilding?

yo brother, Nando's has loads of stuff but basically its grilled chicken with their special blend of sauces. You have to check it out if you ever see it. The expo was kind of like a mixture of everything, sports, bodybuilding, mma, powerlifting, boxing etc. I would say it was like a fitness expo, where all kinds of sport meet. But it gave me the impression of it more being a bodybuilding show, because so many people that attended it were HUUUUUUUGE!!

naturalguy
05-24-10, 3:17 pm

Over and out.

That is what the ABC's are all about! Sounds like a great experience.

Marcus Leong
05-24-10, 3:19 pm
That is what the ABC's are all about! Sounds like a great experience.

Indeed brother, it was great fun.

J-Dawg
05-24-10, 3:21 pm

Over and out.

Very nice writeup M. Sounds like the rest of us missed out on a heck of a time. Glad you guys could experience this ABC get together in the UK.

J-Dawg
05-24-10, 3:21 pm
m8 it would be awsome if u could post all the pictures from temple gym, was such a good time i wanna remember every moment.

x2. Would be awesome to see some more pics from the ABC at Temple Gym and from the Expo.

Marcus Leong
05-24-10, 3:23 pm
Very nice writeup M. Sounds like the rest of us missed out on a heck of a time. Glad you guys could experience this ABC get together in the UK.

Thanks J Dawg, I will definitely be attending any other ABC's coordinated in the future. It was an experience of a lifetime.

SDR
05-24-10, 3:46 pm
Attended this ABC and it was fuckin' awesome...

Me and my friend Rob came, trains were late, so we rushed in - a little underprepared and worn out from the journey but I dont think you can have a bad workout @ Temple!

Met G Diesel, Vinny and Wrath - which was great having read their articles etc for years...

Was lucky enough to hit arms with Vinny himself, we started on the infamous bicep preacher curl machine used in the bloods & guts video followed by EZ Bar curls and hit triceps after, its always good training with someone ALOT more experienced as Vinny gave me a few good pointers....

Hit Nandos after and threw down half a chicken with the sides, great stuff, and most of all a great experience....a shame I dont live in the states to do this shit regularly!

Thanks again Universal

SDR

*PICTURES COMING SOON..*

Beowulf
05-24-10, 3:48 pm
yo brother, Nando's has loads of stuff but basically its grilled chicken with their special blend of sauces. You have to check it out if you ever see it. The expo was kind of like a mixture of everything, sports, bodybuilding, mma, powerlifting, boxing etc. I would say it was like a fitness expo, where all kinds of sport meet. But it gave me the impression of it more being a bodybuilding show, because so many people that attended it were HUUUUUUUGE!!

Sounds kind of like the Arnold Classic. But in England. I'm guessing smaller too.

Elite
05-24-10, 3:49 pm
a shame I dont live in the states to do this shit regularly!

Hop on a flight to Ohio with me for the 2011 Arnold! Im there, would love you fella's to join me.
So pleased you all had a great time.

SDR
05-24-10, 4:06 pm
I wouldn't mind @ all man, lets see what happens, what are the dates ??

Me posing with the freakiest forearms there is...

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3117/franksdrforearms.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/i/franksdrforearms.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Group shot...after the 8th attempt..

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6002/cimg0126d.th.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/i/cimg0126d.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

tdubs
05-25-10, 11:18 am
Hop on a flight to Ohio with me for the 2011 Arnold! Im there, would love you fella's to join me.
So pleased you all had a great time.

I'd be seriously interested in going to the Arnold.

Can you give me an idea of costs (flights, accomodation) etc?

Elite
05-25-10, 2:47 pm
I'd be seriously interested in going to the Arnold.

Can you give me an idea of costs (flights, accomodation) etc?

Ok, went feb '08. Flight was around £300 return from Heathrow. Hotel was a swanky gig, really too much for the purpose, but still only came to £200 for 4 nights (you could pay half that in the right hotel, with a few sharing. All my money was blown on clothing, supps (for which i got a huge discount) and oreos (honestly they have every flavour you could imagine, haha). Unless your gna go crazy out there, you dont need much money. Food is ridiculous cheap. Had a few large steak & rib meals with desert and drinks for about £6-8

Marcus Leong
05-25-10, 2:53 pm
more pics from the Temple Gym ABC, sorry for putting em up so late, lots of work to do.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=179141&l=e675c05c40&id=693068752

tdubs
05-25-10, 3:01 pm
Ok, went feb '08. Flight was around £300 return from Heathrow. Hotel was a swanky gig, really too much for the purpose, but still only came to £200 for 4 nights (you could pay half that in the right hotel, with a few sharing. All my money was blown on clothing, supps (for which i got a huge discount) and oreos (honestly they have every flavour you could imagine, haha). Unless your gna go crazy out there, you dont need much money. Food is ridiculous cheap. Had a few large steak & rib meals with desert and drinks for about £6-8

Yeah, the food is the best thing about a trip to the US. The steak is always awesome quality.
Right, so we're looking at £500 plus spending money.. that's pretty sweet. What's the story with the supps discount, is that for being a Forvm member or just cheaper US prices?

Elite
05-25-10, 3:34 pm
Yeah, the food is the best thing about a trip to the US. The steak is always awesome quality.
Right, so we're looking at £500 plus spending money.. that's pretty sweet. What's the story with the supps discount, is that for being a Forvm member or just cheaper US prices?

Bit of both, lol :)
All the shirts work out about £5 and the Animal supps are about £15. Also the exchange rate back then was $2.01 to the £1, unreal. Now its about $1.55. The best thing about the weekend isnt the cheap supps tho, its the cage and training at metro after, amazing.

tdubs
05-25-10, 3:59 pm
Bit of both, lol :)
All the shirts work out about £5 and the Animal supps are about £15. Also the exchange rate back then was $2.01 to the £1, unreal. Now its about $1.55. The best thing about the weekend isnt the cheap supps tho, its the cage and training at metro after, amazing.

£5 a pop for t-shirts? nice, i'll have to stock up.

which metro gym is the ABC at? it must be insane?!

Beowulf
05-25-10, 4:02 pm

I have a good friend who is English. He says the exact same thing. He looks forward to coming to the States for a good steak. I've never been to England. What's wrong with the steaks?

tdubs
05-25-10, 4:15 pm
I have a good friend who is English. He says the exact same thing. He looks forward to coming to the States for a good steak. I've never been to England. What's wrong with the steaks?

It's not that our steaks are bad, it's more than you fellas have an abundance of local free range cattle meaning a good quality steak is pretty cheap whereas we pay through the nose for imported meat.

Also, 'rare' in the UK is more like medium in the States. It's hard to find somwhere that cooks it properly.

Singh
05-26-10, 6:29 pm
BODY POWER EXPO 2010 - YES!!!
What an weekend, absoloutly amazing words can't describe how awesome it actually was quite an experience!
Friday had a early afternoon workout in preperation for th evening, wasn't a smart move triggered a tendon but that's for another day! Rushed to temple which I just about found, walked in and that RAW feeling just smacks you in the face it's like woah yes!
Met up with the animal guys, had a mini arms / back workout you know! Snapped some pictures all the ANIMAL BROTHERS together, got to know everybody there and just embraced the feeling! Kind of a let down considering how many uk peeps we actually have off the forum but for those who did turn up was awesome meeting you & BIG SHOUT OUTS TO VINNY, FRANK & GREGG / universal for Hooking us up with free tickets for the expo! We headed down to nandos were we all had a crazy feast! On our journeys around boy was we getting attention a big herd of ANIMALS everywhere!!

Expo was awesome, went with my buddies from my gym you know made a day off it got lost aces times but you know they days never the same without it lol!
Thanks to animal for the tee wear that shit with pride! It was an experience I'll never forget!

NEXT STOP MR. OLYMPIA OH YES!

FITGYM
05-27-10, 12:51 am
that is awesome Singh...I can't wait for the Pics....

Marcus Leong
05-27-10, 1:32 pm
you guys wanna see more pics of the expo, check this link out.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=179584&id=693068752&l=3f87ca1b78

G Diesel
01-31-11, 2:17 pm
So... The real question is...

Are we gonna do it again and do it bigger this year?

Peace, G

mass3011
02-02-11, 3:12 pm

Peace, G

Bro I got my car this year and will do be up for it!

HIGA MONSTER
02-02-11, 5:22 pm

Peace, G
I will start building my canoe right now...headed out to the woods to pick a good tree.

HIGA MONSTER

thebigone
03-31-11, 9:11 pm

Bodypower Expo UK ABC
Temple Gym
16 Temple Street
Birmingham
B2 5BY

Peace, G

Brothers, I just wanna ask how does the ABC goes? I live in UK so I didn't had any chance to know or appear in any ABC but its kind of a dream for me. Do I just pop in the gym at the date stated?

Can't wait to a real Animal in front of me!

Peace

Marcus Leong
04-02-11, 5:45 am

Peace, G

count me in, i am so up for it again. it was a great atmosphere and a wonderful experience training with you guys

C.Coronato
05-03-11, 2:42 pm
This years event:

Official Thread:

Will you be going to BodyPower? Make sure you check out the ABC run by G Diesel, Wrath, and OX.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35738-SPECIAL-ABC-Temple-Gym-Bodypower-Expo-5-20-11