PDA

View Full Version : Starting HRT

AntoineV
04-10-10, 1:20 am
I will do an 8 weeks HRT training phase. I will keep you guys up to date. I have tried pratically all the training techniques there is out there, I'm currently 257 pounds and been competing since 2004...

I started today. I am used to higher volumes, but I got a really deep burn and pump today, and I was just trying it out for the first time on back and chest. I think you might need to warm up for 3 sets for for first exercices, maybe the second, then after 1-2 warm up sets is all right....

peace!

C.Coronato
04-12-10, 9:46 am
Very nice brother. Good luck with the HRT.

AntoineV
04-12-10, 3:48 pm
I did all the upperbody on it so far. sore as hell. There are some movements that are kinda hard to force the negative on, but I think it will take me 1-2 weeks to get use to it. Side laterals are hard as hell!!!

I also noticed that the recuperation will be crucial with this. All the paks will come in handy aswell as a strict diet, because I think that type of workout is as hard on the nervous system as on the body.. everyday feels like a leg day!

AntoineV
04-20-10, 3:21 pm
I really like this training. but I noticed that there is some exercices that I can't use 60 to 80% of my max, but use lighter weight. I had trouble finding good exercice to put the resistance on for the back, but now i got the hang of it. my last back workout was :

Front lat pull down : 3 warm ups then 2 X 8 + 4
Tbar row : 1 warm up then 2 X 8 + 4
Machine row (2 arm) : 1 warm up then 2 x 8 + 4
Dumbell pull over : 1 warm up then 2 X 8 + 4
Reverse Pec deck : 1 warm up then 2 X 8 + 4

keep training hard, peace

Rage
04-28-10, 5:47 pm
I really like this training. but I noticed that there is some exercices that I can't use 60 to 80% of my max, but use lighter weight. I had trouble finding good exercice to put the resistance on for the back, but now i got the hang of it. my last back workout was :

Front lat pull down : 3 warm ups then 2 X 8 + 4
Tbar row : 1 warm up then 2 X 8 + 4
Machine row (2 arm) : 1 warm up then 2 x 8 + 4
Dumbell pull over : 1 warm up then 2 X 8 + 4
Reverse Pec deck : 1 warm up then 2 X 8 + 4

keep training hard, peace

Nice bro. Keep this going! That 60-80% range is a recommended starting point. Your doing the right thing by lightening the load as needed.

AntoineV
05-19-10, 9:20 pm
I'm done with this period of HRT. I really like it, i reccomend it to everybody for a good change to your workout routine. It's hard and painful but It will pack that mass you want. It's something your body isn't used too, so the surprise effect is there.

I did it 6 weeks. Now I am back on a semi-high volume training.

Rage
05-20-10, 11:43 am
Nice job brother! You've got one hell of a physique to put this kind of hurt on. If you decide to run another round of HRT, it would be great if you could keep an HRT journey. Best of luck to you brother.

AntoineV
05-25-10, 10:11 am
Nice job brother! You've got one hell of a physique to put this kind of hurt on. If you decide to run another round of HRT, it would be great if you could keep an HRT journey. Best of luck to you brother.

I will. I will try to video it too