PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 112

HIGA MONSTER
04-11-10, 10:50 am
Congratulations to Frankie Edgar. He fuckin deserved that win.

Treetrunklegs and Aggression, I will eat crow because I was thinking my hometown boy from Hilo would successfully defend his belt.
Man, I was pissed that BJ didn't do anything in that fight. He could not even time Edgar's angles cause Edgar was just feinting all over the place.

Plus, BJ had fuckin "doughnuts" under his eyes after the fight. Edgar looked clean, and would probably go another 5 rounds.

Hats off to Toms River, NJ. It made it even more special for Edgar when I watched the UFC Countdown and Edgar said, "I was using a sledgehammer to bust up 60 year old urinals at a school, that people had been pissing in all day. Thats when I decided, this was a shitty job and I don't wanna do that for the rest of my life."

My wife and I thought that BJ looked smoother then his last fight vs Florian. And his knee brace caught my eye when he walked into the Octagon. It seems like BJ doesn't do well when he keeps his camp in Hilo.
When he was in CA last time, he came in shredded and looked hungry to fight Florian. Just my opinion.
He can't say he was jetlagged, cause he was there 2 weeks before Edgar got there.

Fuck, whatever. I'm still pissed.
The other thing that I am pissed off about is how Anderson Silva acted in his fight. I was looking forward to seeing him fight after the Forrest Griffin debacle. Then, its just got weird after the 3rd round.
If you are going to destroy a guy after humiliating him for a round or 2, then fuckin finish him. The referee was PISSED in the background after he limply raised his hand in victory. You could see Dan venting to Dana White outside of the Octagon while Joe Rogan was interviewing Anderson.

Thats enough from me. I was so disgusted with that last fight of the night.

PS: Submission of the Night- Rafael Dos Anjos ($75,000 bonus)
KO of the Night- DeMarques Johnson ($75,000 bonus)
Fight of the Night- Kendall Grove vs Mark Munoz ($75,000 bonus to each fighter)

I'm not gonna even talk about the Grove fight. Both of my Hawai'i boys lost. TABERNAC!

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
04-11-10, 11:13 am
How pissed off is Dana White? Damn!
Demian Maia also has some choice words for Silva in his post-fight video.

I'm pissed too for paying $55 PPV and having Anderson Silva do that shit in his fight.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.home&eid=2890

HIGA MONSTER

Girevik 69
04-11-10, 11:42 am
I did not see the fights last night, unfortunately.

Silva's behavior sounds really disappointing.

Congrats to Frankie Edgar for his victory over BJ Penn--I admittedly didn't expect that.

I read that Renzo got knocked out by Hughes in the 3rd round of their match. Being a Renzo fan, that bummed me out--but the fight was apparently rather close, until the end. I was personally hoping to see Renzo out-jiu-jitsu Hughes, as he did to Pat Miletich, but the variables are just so many, in a combat sport as open as MMA. At least Hughes gave respect to Renzo's grappling ability (he said he wanted to keep the fight standing--"fighting a Gracie, I had to keep the odds in my favor."), and Renzo was apparently gracious in defeat (asked if he should have chosen a lesser opponent for his comeback match, Renzo replied "What kind of fighter would I be if I did that?").

Girevik 69
04-11-10, 11:44 am
And speaking of ridiculous PPV costs, I frankly think that the fight cards in general for the UFC recently have been pretty weak overall--most of them should be on Spike for free, as opposed to PPVs.

J Wong
04-11-10, 4:51 pm
I think BJ won. I gave him rounds 1,2, and 3. I gave Edgar 4 and 5. Round 3 was close though. The judge who gave Edgar 50-45 is an idiot.

Vaze_06
04-11-10, 7:02 pm
http://www.mmator.com/

bigweights74
04-11-10, 8:18 pm
I never really have liked anderson I think he is very disrespectful to his opponents and it is bad for the sport. There is no room in mma for his antics. Head movement and moving around is one thing but dancing or whatever he calls that just made him look stupid in my opinion. The guy has all the potential in the world maybe he is just bored but if thats the case good ridance. I want to watch two guys go in and fuck each other up not pussy foot around. FINISH THE FIGHT PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!

Cstlfx
04-11-10, 9:41 pm
I cant believe that BJ did not have an answer for Edgar. Edgar did kick some ass though, I could not believe he could bounce around the ring like that for 5 rounds, and not lose a step. Like Higa said though, BJ did not look that great walking into the fight. Edgar clearly came ready to win.

I will continue to watch BJ, unlike Silva. I will try my best to avoid all fight cards with Silva. I dont care if he comes back and stops acting like he has, I wont watch. Its completely disgraceful. I am now a fan of Maia now, as his heart was incredible.

From now on, if I'm paying $49 for a fight, I want every single fight aired on my television. Screw this 5 fights out of 10.

If you want to see how pissed Dana is, watch the Post-Fight Conference. I didnt realize it last night, but Dana gave the belt to Silva's trainer and walked out before the winner was announced.

HIGA MONSTER
04-11-10, 10:34 pm
I think BJ won. I gave him rounds 1,2, and 3. I gave Edgar 4 and 5. Round 3 was close though. The judge who gave Edgar 50-45 is an idiot.

Agreed, that the 50-45 score was ridiculous.

Personally, I gave Edgar round 3 cause he did get a takedown. Even though BJ bounced right back up, it was a takedown.
Not as strong as the last takedown that Edgar had in round 5, I think? Tough to call when you leave it in the hands of judges.

I love the quote that they have in the UFC gym now for this season of TUF. "Do not leave the fight in the hands of the judges."

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
04-11-10, 10:36 pm
And speaking of ridiculous PPV costs, I frankly think that the fight cards in general for the UFC recently have been pretty weak overall--most of them should be on Spike for free, as opposed to PPVs.

Dude, I hope the WEC ppv is going to be a barnburner. I love Jose Aldo and watching him fight.

Shit, I've spent $$ this month on 2 UFC ppv's already! I need to start doing some guest posing like "Mr Dead" on his "night shift" job that he has on Pacific Hwy...and make some extra cash. :)

HIGA MONSTER

J Wong
04-11-10, 10:42 pm
Agreed, that the 50-45 score was ridiculous.

Personally, I gave Edgar round 3 cause he did get a takedown. Even though BJ bounced right back up, it was a takedown.
Not as strong as the last takedown that Edgar had in round 5, I think? Tough to call when you leave it in the hands of judges.

I love the quote that they have in the UFC gym now for this season of TUF. "Do not leave the fight in the hands of the judges."

HIGA MONSTER

Yeah, but Edgar didn't even follow him down or do anything with it. Edgar threw tons of feints, had good movement, and threw a lot of punches. A lot of these punches did not even land, and if you watch closely, Edgar gets tagged 2-3 times by BJ each time he misses a punch throughout the whole fight.

That being said, it could have gone either way. BJ was not himself last night, and his game plan or lack of gameplan was ridiculous. BJ is a black belt in Jiu Jitsu and did not even try to grapple with Edgar who is a purple belt.

HIGA MONSTER
04-11-10, 10:49 pm
Yeah, but Edgar didn't even follow him down or do anything with it. Edgar threw tons of feints, had good movement, and threw a lot of punches. A lot of these punches did not even land, and if you watch closely, Edgar gets tagged 2-3 times by BJ each time he misses a punch throughout the whole fight.

That being said, it could have gone either way. BJ was not himself last night, and his game plan or lack of gameplan was ridiculous. BJ is a black belt in Jiu Jitsu and did not even try to grapple with Edgar who is a purple belt.

Dude, I follow BJPenn.com alot, and all the video blogs leading up the fight, BJ looked calm and relaxed.
Don't know what happened when he walked out. I'm still stunned.

Even his corner told him to take the fight to the ground, and he didn't even try a shot.
Not saying Edgar is weak defending the shot, but BJ didn't even try it. WTF?

BJ was in Abu Dhabi way before Edgar. Edgar was in the audience at UFC 111 before flying to Abu Dhabi. Who knows. Very dissappointing.

HIGA MONSTER

J Wong
04-11-10, 10:53 pm
Dude, I follow BJPenn.com alot, and all the video blogs leading up the fight, BJ looked calm and relaxed.
Don't know what happened when he walked out. I'm still stunned.

Even his corner told him to take the fight to the ground, and he didn't even try a shot.
Not saying Edgar is weak defending the shot, but BJ didn't even try it. WTF?

BJ was in Abu Dhabi way before Edgar. Edgar was in the audience at UFC 111 before flying to Abu Dhabi. Who knows. Very dissappointing.

HIGA MONSTER

I don't know if you watched the 5th season of TUF, but there was this guy Andy Wang who had a clear advantage on the ground... BJ was his coach on the show and was yelling "TAKE IT TO THE GROUND!" for the entire fight. BJ was furious at Andy Wang after he lost the fight.

Somewhere Andy Wang is laughing his ass off.

Cstlfx
04-11-10, 10:53 pm
I'm not a fighter, so maybe this has an easy answer.

Each time BJ went to his corner, they didnt have him sit down, instead they kept making him put a leg up on the stool. Any reason for this?

HIGA MONSTER
04-12-10, 9:43 am
I don't know if you watched the 5th season of TUF, but there was this guy Andy Wang who had a clear advantage on the ground... BJ was his coach on the show and was yelling "TAKE IT TO THE GROUND!" for the entire fight. BJ was furious at Andy Wang after he lost the fight.

Somewhere Andy Wang is laughing his ass off.

Good point.
I remember getting pissed off watching that episode. Touche'.

HIGA MONSTER

C.Coronato
04-12-10, 10:10 am
Crazy Crazy .. The whole town erupted, literally it was crazy .. just because of how big of an underdog he was .. i thought the fight could have went better as it was a boxing match the whole time .. As they said, Edgar had the same pep the whole time, Penn looked like he started to tire at the end of the 4th and 5th rounds, which i thought was weird, since Edgar did all the moving .. I am also very surprised Penn didnt bring it to the ground like they told him too .. i think it would have been a completely different fight if that had happened just once .. either way they are both great fighters, obviously Penn had the belt for how long now .. ? Im sure there will be a rematch.