PDA

View Full Version : Easy, Cheap Meals.

WilsDaddy
04-13-10, 3:15 pm
What's up boys. Made this thread to possibly get a couple new ideas for some quick cheap easy meals. I'm a student in college, luckily I live at home, but mom can't keep up with my eating habits. Basically what I'm looking for is anything listed below;

- an easy, possibly 'on the go' breakfast, with lots of nutrients to get the anabolism rolling.
- cheaper items at the grocery store, but good nutritional value.
- bulk dinners; some sort of dish I could do up on Sunday's to last me for the week.
- egg whites sold in bulk??? Can't find big containers of egg whites, been going through the small cartons like no tomorrow.
- gainer shakes?

Basically my main issue is not being able to afford my daily diet. Just looking for any possible ways to still incorporate my daily intake of protein/carbs/fats but on a tighter budget. Thanks in advance brothers.

MR.TeachFreak
04-13-10, 3:44 pm
For on the go breakfast I would suggest making something the night before and microwave or try and get up earlier. I know a few members around here have homemade bars ,etc. for some days but I usually wake up a bit earlier to make eggs. You can also try preparing it all the night before so you just have to throw it in a pan and cook it.

I know one cheap protein that will come up is canned tuna. Walmart tuna in water is usually around $0.60 a can so that is a easy 20-25 grams of protein. Also oatmeal is easy to buy in bulk and lasts a long time and is usually fairly cheap. Natty peanut butter as well, is a cheap and easy protein source. For meats look for bulk sales and coupons. I have gotten 5 lbs of chicken for under $10 before.

For dinners you can cook chicken and fridge it then reheat. Any meat can be cooked in bulk as well. Look into the steamer veggies at stores. I know some are cheap and usually have a few servings in them. And you just have to nuke them to cook them.

Gainer shakes I do not have much experience with besides Real Gains. I know there are people here who make their own and can better inform you.

Biggest piece of advice I can give (I am in the my last semester at ASU) is look for both sales/coupons and also just buy off brand items. Both of those saved me lots of money. Walmart has its own brand that is always cheaper as do Food Lion and Lowes Food I think that are cheaper.

Ass to Ankles
04-13-10, 3:44 pm
Look in the recipe section for the Animal Cookie recipe, it tastes amazing and is the easiest thing for on-the go, plus it costs whatever a cup of oatmeal and water costs, its dirt cheap, I eat like 5 of them a day lol only takes 4 min. to make

Also, Lanas egg whites sells giant buckets of egg whites, searh on google, youll find'em

WilsDaddy
04-13-10, 3:48 pm
For on the go breakfast I would suggest making something the night before and microwave or try and get up earlier. I know a few members around here have homemade bars ,etc. for some days but I usually wake up a bit earlier to make eggs. You can also try preparing it all the night before so you just have to throw it in a pan and cook it.

I know one cheap protein that will come up is canned tuna. Walmart tuna in water is usually around $0.60 a can so that is a easy 20-25 grams of protein. Also oatmeal is easy to buy in bulk and lasts a long time and is usually fairly cheap. Natty peanut butter as well, is a cheap and easy protein source. For meats look for bulk sales and coupons. I have gotten 5 lbs of chicken for under $10 before.

For dinners you can cook chicken and fridge it then reheat. Any meat can be cooked in bulk as well. Look into the steamer veggies at stores. I know some are cheap and usually have a few servings in them. And you just have to nuke them to cook them.

Gainer shakes I do not have much experience with besides Real Gains. I know there are people here who make their own and can better inform you.

Biggest piece of advice I can give (I am in the my last semester at ASU) is look for both sales/coupons and also just buy off brand items. Both of those saved me lots of money. Walmart has its own brand that is always cheaper as do Food Lion and Lowes Food I think that are cheaper.

Look in the recipe section for the Animal Cookie recipe, it tastes amazing and is the easiest thing for on-the go, plus it costs whatever a cup of oatmeal and water costs, its dirt cheap, I eat like 5 of them a day lol only takes 4 min. to make

Also, Lanas egg whites sells giant buckets of egg whites, searh on google, youll find'em

Thanks for the advice boys, I'm taking notes as we speak haha.

MR.TeachFreak
04-13-10, 3:52 pm
And I feel you too being in my last semester of school. Just think outside the box and you will be amazed at what you can save. I don't know what school you are attending but watch out for the schools cafeterias. I know at AppState they charge you by the weight for salads and other foods so that can really drain your wallet. Ranch dressing is apparently very dense and heavy and I found that out with a $10 salad.

WilsDaddy
04-13-10, 4:19 pm
And I feel you too being in my last semester of school. Just think outside the box and you will be amazed at what you can save. I don't know what school you are attending but watch out for the schools cafeterias. I know at AppState they charge you by the weight for salads and other foods so that can really drain your wallet. Ranch dressing is apparently very dense and heavy and I found that out with a $10 salad.

Yea bro, I'm just trying to collect all I can from this thread. And yea our salad bar is based on weight as well. Funny story, I had a salad the one day probably would've been around $6, I placed a pretty hefty pile of cottage cheese right beside it, not really taking into consideration how much weight that would add. So it racks up to $11.50. Immediately, I ask why so much, and sure enough it was the cottage cheese. The cafeteria lady quickly informs me, as if too calm the storm, "The croutons are free though".

SailinScotty
04-13-10, 5:15 pm
You could also buy the tuna that come prepackaged and ready to eat. Here is a link for egg whites I've used. They taste good. I used to add a cup to my shakes for added protein and calories. They come in half gallon or gallon jugs. Don't waste your money on the pump though cause they break easy.
http://www.eggwhitesint.com/

WilsDaddy
04-15-10, 12:12 am
Thanks bro, but unfortunately I live in Canada and no egg whites and be shipped internationally.

I'm actually interested in what some guys are throwing together for the pre-game meal???

rotaryfan
04-15-10, 12:48 am
yeah i hear your pain bro, im in third year at UFV/british columbia, livin at home and trying to save money while eating properly. Tuna is probably the cheapest source of protein, i get them at superstore for 1.17 a can, 97cents on sale.
I get my egg whites from a company called Vanderpol, for $36 i get six/2litre cartons, i dont know if that company is national or just in bc, but i am sure that there must be an equivalent company in Ontario. I have to go straight to the warehouse to get them though, cant get them at a grocery store.
PVL isogold is my prefered protein, its a little more expensive than most but it is way higher quality so that is one thing that i dont mind spending a little extra on. Their gainers are resonably priced as well.
As for carbs; rice, yams, and oatmeal are all dirt cheap. Yams can be cooked in the microwave and are super easy to eat in class. If i am in a real hurry in the morning ill throw a couple scoops of protein powder and 1 cup of uncooked oats in a shaker cup, let it sit for a while, and drink it in class. a little ackward the first time trying to drink, but it gets the job done. Good luck with school & lift hard.

WilsDaddy
04-15-10, 1:09 am
yeah i hear your pain bro, im in third year at UFV/british columbia, livin at home and trying to save money while eating properly. Tuna is probably the cheapest source of protein, i get them at superstore for 1.17 a can, 97cents on sale.
I get my egg whites from a company called Vanderpol, for $36 i get six/2litre cartons, i dont know if that company is national or just in bc, but i am sure that there must be an equivalent company in Ontario. I have to go straight to the warehouse to get them though, cant get them at a grocery store.
PVL isogold is my prefered protein, its a little more expensive than most but it is way higher quality so that is one thing that i dont mind spending a little extra on. Their gainers are resonably priced as well.
As for carbs; rice, yams, and oatmeal are all dirt cheap. Yams can be cooked in the microwave and are super easy to eat in class. If i am in a real hurry in the morning ill throw a couple scoops of protein powder and 1 cup of uncooked oats in a shaker cup, let it sit for a while, and drink it in class. a little ackward the first time trying to drink, but it gets the job done. Good luck with school & lift hard.

Ya I'm gonna look into those egg whites, I don't see why they wouldn't ship within Canada. Anyways same to you my man and thanks for the tips.

Wingman
04-16-10, 8:23 pm
hey bro. i am going to atttending college in the fall and i hav already tried to plan some things out. preworkout meals is wat u r after? i say 2 pieces of whole wheat bread and 3 TBs all natty PB with a banana. or the good old white rice and chiken works wonders. i like lifting on a full stomache...idk why, prolly cuz it makes my muscles feel fuller as well. however, for my college i got this eating plan thing where i can eat watever whenever...i think. and im living on campus so idk how it is going to work. i go june 27th to check somethings out. but back to the Pre wrokout. u wanna load up on carbs...simple and complex. i take apple juice with my shok therapy to get it in my system qwiker. i normally do 1 cup white or brown rice and 60z tuna or chiken 1 hour before and shok therapy on the way to the gym. hope this helps!

WilsDaddy
04-16-10, 8:42 pm
hey bro. i am going to atttending college in the fall and i hav already tried to plan some things out. preworkout meals is wat u r after? i say 2 pieces of whole wheat bread and 3 TBs all natty PB with a banana. or the good old white rice and chiken works wonders. i like lifting on a full stomache...idk why, prolly cuz it makes my muscles feel fuller as well. however, for my college i got this eating plan thing where i can eat watever whenever...i think. and im living on campus so idk how it is going to work. i go june 27th to check somethings out. but back to the Pre wrokout. u wanna load up on carbs...simple and complex. i take apple juice with my shok therapy to get it in my system qwiker. i normally do 1 cup white or brown rice and 60z tuna or chiken 1 hour before and shok therapy on the way to the gym. hope this helps!

thanks bro anything to increase my knowledge is always helpful.

Wingman
04-16-10, 8:45 pm
thanks bro anything to increase my knowledge is always helpful.

yupp. post workout wat u puttin in the machine? white rice is one of the fastest carbs u can get ur hands on. carries them aminos through the body like no other.

Sphinx
04-16-10, 9:39 pm
WilsDaddy! How you doing?

Remember me? You spotted me bench my first 225 at the last ABC.

I'm kind of in a situation like you too, I'm in school as well and funds/income is limited. I've been figuring how to save money and still get the nutrition I need for the past year and I've got some strategies of my own.

First off, buy everything in bulk. Costco is great for buying beef, eggs, fruits, and especially oats. Other meats like chicken I purchase from the factory, again in bulk. I'm still searching for a fish supplier though...

Secondly, the United State of America. I do food shopping there a few times a month. Your closer than I am to the border, so take advantage of it. Anytime I go down there, I save at least HALF on my grocery bill.

For bulk dinners, I'd advice chili, and raw sweet potato. My chili recipes were simple, I had half a sweet potato with it on the side. Note, DO NOT cook the sweet potato into the chili... tastes awful.

Eggs I buy from a farm. It took some searching, but the person I buy them from, blow away the eggs at the supermarket. Eggs from the farm are much larger, and taste better in my opinion. Check around your area for someone selling eggs this way. They might even be selling meat as well. Some farmers will allow you to buy half a cow or pig at amazing prices, find a friend and share the nutrition.

Thats about as much as I can remember right now, if theres anything else, post it up or PM me and I'll try to help you out. Good luck on your journey!

WilsDaddy
04-17-10, 12:22 am
yupp. post workout wat u puttin in the machine? white rice is one of the fastest carbs u can get ur hands on. carries them aminos through the body like no other.
yea i feel you on the aminos, I usually eat a 6oz salmon fillet, with a yam or rice. What kind of amino supplements are you running?

WilsDaddy! How you doing?

Remember me? You spotted me bench my first 225 at the last ABC.

I'm kind of in a situation like you too, I'm in school as well and funds/income is limited. I've been figuring how to save money and still get the nutrition I need for the past year and I've got some strategies of my own.

First off, buy everything in bulk. Costco is great for buying beef, eggs, fruits, and especially oats. Other meats like chicken I purchase from the factory, again in bulk. I'm still searching for a fish supplier though...

Secondly, the United State of America. I do food shopping there a few times a month. Your closer than I am to the border, so take advantage of it. Anytime I go down there, I save at least HALF on my grocery bill.

For bulk dinners, I'd advice chili, and raw sweet potato. My chili recipes were simple, I had half a sweet potato with it on the side. Note, DO NOT cook the sweet potato into the chili... tastes awful.

Eggs I buy from a farm. It took some searching, but the person I buy them from, blow away the eggs at the supermarket. Eggs from the farm are much larger, and taste better in my opinion. Check around your area for someone selling eggs this way. They might even be selling meat as well. Some farmers will allow you to buy half a cow or pig at amazing prices, find a friend and share the nutrition.

Thats about as much as I can remember right now, if theres anything else, post it up or PM me and I'll try to help you out. Good luck on your journey!

Yes i do remember you my man, that was sick! Yes indeed eggs are very important, are you hitting up the meet next weekend?

Sphinx
04-17-10, 12:39 am
Yes i do remember you my man, that was sick! Yes indeed eggs are very important, are you hitting up the meet next weekend?

Unfortunately an exam was scheduled for me during the ABC, we'll have to meet next time.

Wingman
04-17-10, 11:11 am
where is the animal cookie recipe?

WilsDaddy
04-17-10, 12:31 pm
Unfortunately an exam was scheduled for me during the ABC, we'll have to meet next time.

Ah that's too bad man, but for sure always next time.

WilsDaddy
04-17-10, 12:32 pm

I'm not positive man but i think it's on one of the diet articles.

WilsDaddy
04-17-10, 12:34 pm
Anybody like to share their regimen on bed time snacks/meals?

I personally stick to my shakes on this one, 500ml of skim milk, 2 scoops of Ultra whey, 5g of glutamine.

Ass to Ankles
04-17-10, 2:00 pm

I make animal cookies religously haha
Its 1 cup oats
1/2 cup water
1 tbsn of Splenda

Microwave for 4 min.

WilsDaddy
04-17-10, 4:01 pm
I make animal cookies religously haha
Its 1 cup oats
1/2 cup water
1 tbsn of Splenda

Microwave for 4 min.

Aw man splenda would be perfect for the oats.

WilsDaddy
04-19-10, 5:24 pm
Aw man splenda would be perfect for the oats.

Keep the ideas flowing in here!

Wingman
04-19-10, 7:25 pm
bro jus experimented with Animal cookies

1 cup oats
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
microwave for 4 mins and 13 seconds (i like the number 3...i hav OCD)

tastes amazing u can make like 10 in one nite and eat throughout the day on the go. like 80 carbs and 10-15 grams protein.

Ass to Ankles
04-19-10, 9:17 pm
bro jus experimented with Animal cookies

1 cup oats
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
microwave for 4 mins and 13 seconds (i like the number 3...i hav OCD)

tastes amazing u can make like 10 in one nite and eat throughout the day on the go. like 80 carbs and 10-15 grams protein.

Hell ya! Sounds like me bro haha I've made them before with a cup and a half of oats for my 85g meal. They are so crazy convienent and tasty!

Wingman
04-19-10, 9:28 pm
Hell ya! Sounds like me bro haha I've made them before with a cup and a half of oats for my 85g meal. They are so crazy convienent and tasty!

easy on the go for a last second big time carb up before u hit the gym or when u need that fast carb pik me up post =P lovin them

Ass to Ankles
04-19-10, 9:32 pm
easy on the go for a last second big time carb up before u hit the gym or when u need that fast carb pik me up post =P lovin them

You can even put almonds or whatever in them too based on what your diet calls for. I make them for my parents and brother with chocolate chips and icing on top like a toaster struddle haha not my thing but it gets them eating a little bit healthier. Just an all around amazing recipe

Wingman
04-19-10, 9:37 pm
You can even put almonds or whatever in them too based on what your diet calls for. I make them for my parents and brother with chocolate chips and icing on top like a toaster struddle haha not my thing but it gets them eating a little bit healthier. Just an all around amazing recipe

hells ya bro! i am definetly showin it to my parents. i mean dark chocolate aint bad at all one of the vest anti oxidants. i jus do it with brown sugar cuz i dont want the fats before bed...i prefer them all before noon.

WilsDaddy
04-19-10, 10:10 pm
hells ya bro! i am definetly showin it to my parents. i mean dark chocolate aint bad at all one of the vest anti oxidants. i jus do it with brown sugar cuz i dont want the fats before bed...i prefer them all before noon.

I'm gonna have to try this one out boys, I usually put 2 cups of oats with nothing at all in a bowl with some water, I know it sounds scrumptious.

Wingman
04-19-10, 10:38 pm
I'm gonna have to try this one out boys, I usually put 2 cups of oats with nothing at all in a bowl with some water, I know it sounds scrumptious.

definetly bro...specially if ur trying to bulk on up... u can knok out 100 grams of carbs easier than hell with this one bro!

Ass to Ankles
04-20-10, 8:13 am
I would make a cake out of this shit if I could haha its THAT good!

WilsDaddy
04-21-10, 7:40 pm
I would make a cake out of this shit if I could haha its THAT good!

Do you mix the oats, splenda and water all together and form actual cookie shapes or just in a bowl?

Wingman
04-21-10, 7:48 pm
Do you mix the oats, splenda and water all together and form actual cookie shapes or just in a bowl?

jus throw all the shit in the bowl. make sure it mixed kinda well. i dont mix it i just pour the water all over the place so it spreads even. and instead of splenda brown sugar will giv better flavor and is natural...i like all natural i think it is better for u. jus my input. lemme kno how it goes.

Ass to Ankles
04-21-10, 8:51 pm
Ah see, I mix up the oats and water and cinnamon real good, shape that mixture into a cookie and then sprinkle Splenda on top. Throw it in the micro like that and it comes out warm and chewy and the Splenda melts and forms an amazing glaze type thing. It all works! Just go with whatevers easiest

WilsDaddy
04-22-10, 1:20 am
jus throw all the shit in the bowl. make sure it mixed kinda well. i dont mix it i just pour the water all over the place so it spreads even. and instead of splenda brown sugar will giv better flavor and is natural...i like all natural i think it is better for u. jus my input. lemme kno how it goes.

Ah see, I mix up the oats and water and cinnamon real good, shape that mixture into a cookie and then sprinkle Splenda on top. Throw it in the micro like that and it comes out warm and chewy and the Splenda melts and forms an amazing glaze type thing. It all works! Just go with whatevers easiest

Yea I usually put cinnamon in mine too man, just no sugar at all. I'll try them both out.

B.C.
04-22-10, 1:25 am
I tried to make one of those cookies a few months ago, in a Pyrex dish. That shit exploded, literally, in my microwave...LOL! I've been afraid to try it again ever since. I thought Pyrex was supposed to be the toughest cookware on Earth or something...oops!

Ass to Ankles
04-22-10, 7:46 am
Yea I usually put cinnamon in mine too man, just no sugar at all. I'll try them both out.

Splenda has no nutritional value so dont be afraid haha its not sugar

WilsDaddy
04-22-10, 12:32 pm

Oh no I'm aware bro, I drink a shit load of coffee at college and I use splenda instead of sugar. But that glaze thing you said it creates sounds good man .

Beowulf
04-22-10, 2:05 pm

There are other things to be afraid of with artificial sweeteners aside from the calories.........

WilsDaddy
04-22-10, 3:27 pm
There are other things to be afraid of with artificial sweeteners aside from the calories.........

Care to elaborate?

Ass to Ankles
04-22-10, 4:11 pm
Splenda does not cause cancer, its a myth. There have been rumors since the 70's about it but theyre all false. The FDA has proven that sacharrin and sucralose, for that matter, have no cancer causing properties. Eat as much of it as you want!

WilsDaddy
04-22-10, 8:39 pm
Splenda does not cause cancer, its a myth. There have been rumors since the 70's about it but theyre all false. The FDA has proven that sacharrin and sucralose, for that matter, have no cancer causing properties. Eat as much of it as you want!

Haha, now n' days everything causes cancer so. I heard once that peanut butter causes cancer.

Wingman
04-22-10, 9:50 pm
Well the three main carcinogens are...Different types of radiation such as UV or X-ray, Chemicals like tobacco, etc. and some viruses like HPV. Notice Splenda is not on there lol. I stay away from the artifical because some of my supps have them. i go natural when i can. there is a history of MS in my family and it is recommended to stay away from as it may make chances for MS more likely. its all preference my man. but the cancer thing is some bull shit.

Ass to Ankles
04-23-10, 8:24 am
Well the three main carcinogens are...Different types of radiation such as UV or X-ray, Chemicals like tobacco, etc. and some viruses like HPV. Notice Splenda is not on there lol. I stay away from the artifical because some of my supps have them. i go natural when i can. there is a history of MS in my family and it is recommended to stay away from as it may make chances for MS more likely. its all preference my man. but the cancer thing is some bull shit.

Wow I didnt know about the other negative side effects. Thanks for sharing

WilsDaddy
04-23-10, 12:46 pm
Splenda is definitely OK for you, but I think what beowulf was saying or referring to was how people abuse the fact that it's a synthetic and doesn't carry the calories sugar does, so the uneducated start dosing higher with this synthetic, and it also carries addictive properties. Which obviously does not help, but anyone without a caffeine addiction should be good to go.

Ass to Ankles
04-23-10, 12:48 pm
If its addictive and cant hurt you and has zero mutritional value, if u eat as much as you want how is that bad? Just curious, I've never looked at it like that before

Beowulf
04-23-10, 12:58 pm
Splenda is definitely OK for you, but I think what beowulf was saying or referring to was how people abuse the fact that it's a synthetic and doesn't carry the calories sugar does, so the uneducated start dosing higher with this synthetic, and it also carries addictive properties. Which obviously does not help, but anyone without a caffeine addiction should be good to go.

Thanks. I think I was saying two things. First, that people will believe in things that are too good to be true. A sweetener that tastes good and has 0 calories? The "Eat as much of it as you want!" attitude in the post above is a reflection of this. It's why years ago, people were buying up "fat free" snack foods in the supermarket aisles like crazy, thinking it would help, only to find they were gaining weight. They were using the idea of "fat free" foods as an excuse to eat more. There are some studies which link using artificial sweeteners to obesity and increased sugar cravings. As for sucralose being artificial and having potentially harmful properties, there are many in the health community who believe that the existing studies out there are not long term and tell only part of the story and that many of the negative studies have been suppressed. There is a very vocal community who believe sucralose is toxic, plain and simple. Google it and you'll come up with a lot of hits. Depending on who you believe, sucralose is a gift or a curse. Every individual needs to arrive at his/her own conclusion through due diligence as opposed to buying into marketing hype (e.g., Splenda is made from sugar!).

WilsDaddy
04-23-10, 1:16 pm
Thanks. I think I was saying two things. First, that people will believe in things that are too good to be true. A sweetener that tastes good and has 0 calories? The "Eat as much of it as you want!" attitude in the post above is a reflection of this. It's why years ago, people were buying up "fat free" snack foods in the supermarket aisles like crazy, thinking it would help, only to find they were gaining weight. They were using the idea of "fat free" foods as an excuse to eat more. There are some studies which link using artificial sweeteners to obesity and increased sugar cravings. As for sucralose being artificial and having potentially harmful properties, there are many in the health community who believe that the existing studies out there are not long term and tell only part of the story and that many of the negative studies have been suppressed. There is a very vocal community who believe sucralose is toxic, plain and simple. Google it and you'll come up with a lot of hits. Depending on who you believe, sucralose is a gift or a curse. Every individual needs to arrive at his/her own conclusion through due diligence as opposed to buying into marketing hype (e.g., Splenda is made from sugar!).

My thoughts exactly, people outside of the athletic world look for substitutes to lose weight. So like beowulf said, if told it has no sugar and people who use these same products but now are offered in a sugar-free (aspartame) form, to them that makes it OK to consume more than they would of the original. And with these higher and prolonged dosages, you find adverse health effects. Now I'm sure substituting artificial sweetener for the already minuscule amount of sugar we consume (ppl on forvm) is harmless.

Ass to Ankles
04-23-10, 2:38 pm
My thoughts exactly, people outside of the athletic world look for substitutes to lose weight. So like beowulf said, if told it has no sugar and people who use these same products but now are offered in a sugar-free (aspartame) form, to them that makes it OK to consume more than they would of the original. And with these higher and prolonged dosages, you find adverse health effects. Now I'm sure substituting artificial sweetener for the already minuscule amount of sugar we consume (ppl on forvm) is harmless.

Agreed agreed. Also, the types of food we eat with Splenda would not be bad if we were addicted and craved more lol. Also, it is mentioned above about the long-term effects of artificial sweeteners, I'm not sure what long-term effects are meant by this but Splenda nor sucralose can't be blamed for a single death since 1970. Even in '70, the only death attributed to sucralose was in a lab rat. So the effects are negligible for at least 40+ years if negative effects do exist.

WilsDaddy
04-23-10, 3:46 pm
Agreed agreed. Also, the types of food we eat with Splenda would not be bad if we were addicted and craved more lol. Also, it is mentioned above about the long-term effects of artificial sweeteners, I'm not sure what long-term effects are meant by this but Splenda nor sucralose can't be blamed for a single death since 1970. Even in '70, the only death attributed to sucralose was in a lab rat. So the effects are negligible for at least 40+ years if negative effects do exist.

But the thing is, these artificial man-made forms do not break down in the body as would natural organic substances. And not so much a direct cause from whatever the substance may be, for example high fructose corn syrup, derivative of sugar but can't be properly broken down in the liver, causing obesity and possible liver damage in some extreme cases. The obesity isn't directly caused by HFCS, but rather that it's the sweetener used in most off-brand sodas.

Beowulf
04-23-10, 3:48 pm
But the thing is, these artificial man-made forms do not break down in the body as would natural organic substances. And not so much a direct cause from whatever the substance may be, for example high fructose corn syrup, derivative of sugar but can't be properly broken down in the liver, causing obesity and possible liver damage in some extreme cases. The obesity isn't directly caused by HFCS, but rather that it's the sweetener used in most off-brand sodas.

That is correct. They can accumulate in the body.

Ass to Ankles
04-23-10, 3:51 pm
Oh oh ok, I see. I just figured since they couldnt be broken down that they would be passed out with waste. I did not know that they could actually build up in the body. Learn something new everyday

Beowulf
04-23-10, 3:53 pm
Oh oh ok, I see. I just figured since they couldnt be broken down that they would be passed out with waste. I did not know that they could actually build up in the body. Learn something new everyday

To be a student of the game, you have to be a student of life. And to be a good student, you owe it to yourself to learn as much as you can, think critically and independently, and come to sound conclusions. One of the great paradoxes in life is that old adage, "The more you learn, the less you know". I believe that.

NJC_Manhattan
04-23-10, 3:53 pm
Study on sugar derivatives.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/HEALTHbeat_033005.htm

Though evidence could show it isn't harmful. The ingredients read like a chemical experiment. I'd minimize the intake.

Drink Water....

WilsDaddy
04-23-10, 5:06 pm
Study on sugar derivatives.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/HEALTHbeat_033005.htm

Though evidence could show it isn't harmful. The ingredients read like a chemical experiment. I'd minimize the intake.

Drink Water....

Thanks for putting some education behind it.

Ass to Ankles
04-23-10, 6:31 pm
Very very interesting article, Thanks for sharing!

NJC_Manhattan
04-23-10, 7:20 pm
Thanks for putting some education behind it.

Very very interesting article, Thanks for sharing!

My pleasure Gents. Always good to back up an argument with some legit info.

I'd check out most of Harvard Medical. Some very compelling arguments regarding nutrition/exercise.

Wingman
04-23-10, 8:25 pm
Another thing i hav read is that sucralose in medium to large quantities can cause trouble to the liver. So like if u drink it like 15 times a day or more and replace all sugars...Universal's products contain some sucraloase but not so much that it will be harmful. I order my whey protein from Optimum Nutrition, i know we r not supposed to use othe brand names, but i think for the purposes it is alrite. they make an all natural whey and casein and some others with no artificial sweetners but instead honey and cocoa. i apologize for mentioning the brand. i jus wanted to sho an example. thanks guys.

WilsDaddy
04-23-10, 8:30 pm
Another thing i hav read is that sucralose in medium to large quantities can cause trouble to the liver. So like if u drink it like 15 times a day or more and replace all sugars...Universal's products contain some sucraloase but not so much that it will be harmful. I order my whey protein from Optimum Nutrition, i know we r not supposed to use othe brand names, but i think for the purposes it is alrite. they make an all natural whey and casein and some others with no artificial sweetners but instead honey and cocoa. i apologize for mentioning the brand. i jus wanted to sho an example. thanks guys.

No harm done, lots of guys use off-brand supplements. Anyways I'd say that debate is over, so let's move on haha.

Wingman
04-23-10, 8:36 pm
No harm done, lots of guys use off-brand supplements. Anyways I'd say that debate is over, so let's move on haha.

lol good point...has anyone felt a little bloated while eating bread vs when they eat rice or yams. i feel like bread fills me up more but at the same time puts on more bad weight.

Ass to Ankles
04-24-10, 7:55 am
Ya def.! i love bread, especially corn bread haha but i heard that all breads and especially anything with corn, including grits, have fats that you can't really control. Yams, rices and oatmeal are hands down better options.

Wingman
04-24-10, 8:30 am
Ya def.! i love bread, especially corn bread haha but i heard that all breads and especially anything with corn, including grits, have fats that you can't really control. Yams, rices and oatmeal are hands down better options.

thanks big mane

WilsDaddy
04-24-10, 11:11 am
thanks big mane

I'd agree, I stick with yams, but Ezekiel bread is really good too.

Ass to Ankles
04-24-10, 12:54 pm
I've never really tried ezekiel bread, I've been hearing about it everywhere though

Wingman
04-24-10, 1:00 pm
where do u get it?

Ass to Ankles
04-24-10, 1:32 pm
I dont really know, probably any health food store would carry it or at least be able to point you in the right direction

kaylee
05-07-10, 6:06 am
interesting info. i plan to have a look.
thx

Ass to Ankles
05-07-10, 8:43 am
I found that bread at my closest grocery store, its in the freezer, dont ask me why they keep it frozen haha

thunderbird2290
05-07-10, 10:15 am
I think they keep ezekiel frozen to keep it fresh- since it's organic it lacks the preservatives that other breads have. I keep it in the fridge and let it thaw as I go through the loaf. I'll usually mic the first few slices for 30sec or so, gives it a nice fresh taste

WilsDaddy
05-07-10, 11:43 am
Ya man they keep'er frozen cause it's 100% natural, no preservatives.

Ass to Ankles
05-08-10, 2:44 pm
More simple than the animal cookie but a little bit better.

Spread natural jelly over top of salt-free or lightly salted rice cakes. makes carbs taste like candy. So very delicious. My favorite so far is grape on salt-free rice cakes. Just spread a tbsn. or less, it doesn't take much to taste awesome plus you don't want TOO much sugar. Let me know what you guys think!

prowrestler
05-08-10, 5:01 pm
fucking rice

get the biggest possible bag of rice you can find....itll be like a dollar a week for 4 meals worth of rice.

peanuts. loaded with calories and can be bought in 2kilo bags for 6-7 bucks.

meat is always on sale somewhere. ground beef is the way to go. grill it up.

WilsDaddy
05-08-10, 5:56 pm
fucking rice

get the biggest possible bag of rice you can find....itll be like a dollar a week for 4 meals worth of rice.

peanuts. loaded with calories and can be bought in 2kilo bags for 6-7 bucks.

meat is always on sale somewhere. ground beef is the way to go. grill it up.

Rice could be a nice change instead of yams.

NaturalTrainee
05-09-10, 8:07 am
This thread is amazing.

Oats

Tuna

WilsDaddy
05-09-10, 10:00 am
More simple than the animal cookie but a little bit better.

Spread natural jelly over top of salt-free or lightly salted rice cakes. makes carbs taste like candy. So very delicious. My favorite so far is grape on salt-free rice cakes. Just spread a tbsn. or less, it doesn't take much to taste awesome plus you don't want TOO much sugar. Let me know what you guys think!

Are you talkin' those gluten-free rice cakes?

WilsDaddy
05-09-10, 10:00 am
This thread is amazing.

Oats

Tuna

Tuna, always one of my favourites too man.

Ass to Ankles
05-09-10, 12:54 pm
Are you talkin' those gluten-free rice cakes?

Anything, depends on what your diet allows for or what you want.

PsKloveP
05-30-10, 10:44 am
i eat beef, 500ml milk and some bananas. That's my beakfast

poker tables (http://www.pokernstuff.com)
how to play poker (http://www.casinator.com/learn-how-to-play-poker.php)

B. Rowe
06-08-10, 12:40 am
well boys here are a few tricks i used to get me through the college days.
1) mighty meat muffins- mix up some eggs, ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, maybe a hint of bbq sauce put in muffin tins and bake- they taste great and easy to take on the go for a quick protein fix. adjust the oz of meat you put in each tin to address you protein needs
2) cook a few pound of ground beef or ground turkey (or mixture), cook a few cups of brown rice, mix the two together with some rotell diced tomato and green chili and depending on how spicy you like things throw in some salsa or hot sauce (personally i put hot sauce on EVERYTHING, its the only satisfaction i get while dieting) make sure you decide your carb and protein needs and mix the proper ratio of meat and rice together so all you have to do is scoop out of big bowl onto plate and you have a quick meal.
3) fat free cottage cheese and crush up fire roasted tomato triscuts into it, i hated the texture of cottage cheese but the triscuts absolve that issue, tastes great and great source of complex carb and protein

get a membership at sams/costo/bjs. first thing i did was buy a chest freezer from yard sale and would stock up on meats and freeze them

hope this helps

holdmyown
06-12-10, 9:40 pm
1) mighty meat muffins- mix up some eggs, ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, maybe a hint of bbq sauce put in muffin tins and bake- they taste great and easy to take on the go for a quick protein fix. adjust the oz of meat you put in each tin to address you protein needs
2) cook a few pound of ground beef or ground turkey (or mixture), cook a few cups of brown rice, mix the two together with some rotell diced tomato and green chili and depending on how spicy you like things throw in some salsa or hot sauce (personally i put hot sauce on EVERYTHING, its the only satisfaction i get while dieting) make sure you decide your carb and protein needs and mix the proper ratio of meat and rice together so all you have to do is scoop out of big bowl onto plate and you have a quick meal.
3) fat free cottage cheese and crush up fire roasted tomato triscuts into it, i hated the texture of cottage cheese but the triscuts absolve that issue, tastes great and great source of complex carb and protein

get a membership at sams/costo/bjs. first thing i did was buy a chest freezer from yard sale and would stock up on meats and freeze them

hope this helps

I'm liking the idea of those meat muffins.....time to go shoppin

G Diesel
06-28-10, 1:10 pm

hope this helps

The meat muffins are genius. Good shit bro.

Peace, G

smoothballer
06-28-10, 2:00 pm
The meat muffins are genius. Good shit bro.

Peace, G

+1. I gotta try those out.

Animal Rep
06-28-10, 3:21 pm
Meat Muffins. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Oliver
06-30-10, 11:30 pm
I just tried the Animal Cookie and i must say..it was AMAZING! So much easier then eating a whole bowl of oats..I put some Natty peanut butter on mine with some honey drizzled on top!

WilsDaddy
09-09-10, 4:20 pm
I just tried the Animal Cookie and i must say..it was AMAZING! So much easier then eating a whole bowl of oats..I put some Natty peanut butter on mine with some honey drizzled on top!

Oh ya, always a good on-the-go snack. The last couple months since I started work I've been putting a can of tuna, 2 scoops of natty and 1 cup of oats. Doesn't sound the best but it's an easy meal and is an awesome PWO meal with a shake.

bizzo
09-14-10, 2:25 pm
The animal cookie rocks! For me, since I just can't stand eating oatmeal (it's a textural thing for me) so the cookie really works for me!

I've seen the Lana's Egg Whites online, but I mean how can you expect to eat that many egg whites... It's a huge bucket... Does anyone know the shelf life on them?

WilsDaddy
09-15-10, 2:10 pm
The animal cookie rocks! For me, since I just can't stand eating oatmeal (it's a textural thing for me) so the cookie really works for me!

I've seen the Lana's Egg Whites online, but I mean how can you expect to eat that many egg whites... It's a huge bucket... Does anyone know the shelf life on them?

I'm not exactly sure the shelf life bro, but I'm pretty sure you can freeze them indefinitely.