PDA

View Full Version : Strongest teenager on the planet!

shizz702
04-23-10, 12:59 am
Snatches 440, squats 706x5 RAW!, benches 507 raw, and cleans 507!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6mRbQG-PL4

A lot of talk going on about this kid right now, if all goes well he'll be the answer to the US' weightlifting woes and bring home some gold in the near future.

C.Coronato
04-23-10, 9:22 am
That is serious. The kid is no joke.

Aggression
04-23-10, 9:25 am
I have no words

fenix237
04-23-10, 10:16 am
Yikes! that kid's a fuckin' beast!

JUGGERNAUT
04-23-10, 10:27 am
That is so cool, great seeing REAL power like that in a human.

PORTERHOUSE
04-23-10, 11:02 am
what a beast.

That vid made me feel like a sissy because the whole time Im thinking "shit man, don't hurt yourself!"

NaturalTrainee
04-23-10, 1:31 pm
I really wonder if the "extras" he takes are detectable.
To make this legal, still a very impressive feat, achievable only by really talented people.

Birdman
04-23-10, 1:39 pm
Dudes definitely got a future ahead of him pullin shit like that at only 19. Actually reminded me that this kid in my home town recently broke the national deadlift record for his weight and age. He is only 15 years old and 181 lbs. This cat deadlifted 500 lbs straight bar, at only 15 years old!

prowrestler
04-23-10, 1:56 pm
i wonder how much he reverse wrist curls...

Cyrus The Virus
04-23-10, 2:22 pm
That is impressive. Great form on all the lifts.

Goliathus
04-23-10, 2:44 pm
jesus
that kids unbelievable

Vaze_06
04-23-10, 4:53 pm
i wonder how much he reverse wrist curls...

curls?! =p

holy crap.... that just sick

smoothballer
04-23-10, 6:32 pm
Holy crap...that was awesome!

mcbeast
04-23-10, 9:13 pm
Sick!

This kid definetely has a bright future ahead of him.

The Misfit
04-23-10, 9:26 pm
!!!!!!!!!!

Maccabee
04-25-10, 12:18 pm
The squats were amazing. All the way down with 700 lbs for 5 reps. That was very cool.

Deathride
04-25-10, 6:35 pm
That is utterly ridiculous....I mean, bloody hell!

Cstlfx
04-25-10, 7:15 pm
A lot of talk going on about this kid right now, if all goes well he'll be the answer to the US' weightlifting woes and bring home some gold in the near future.

Hopefully his trainers are very intelligent and keep him away from injuries. Getting a gold in weight lifting for USA would be incredible since we havent placed since the 80's and havent won gold since the 60's right?

Go Away
04-25-10, 8:01 pm
dude throwing that shit around like its made of rubber.
amazing.
wish i was that dedicated at that age...

MrMonday
04-25-10, 9:01 pm
Very cool.

wish i was that dedicated at that age...

I have always heard men older than me saying this, and it's a big reason why I decided to start lifting weights as a teenager.

Tron
04-25-10, 9:26 pm
That's amazing!

706 for 5 though... Damn heavy weights... That's calculated max of 833.... What gear does he have on? I see knee sleeves, and I'm sure a belt...

jeff00z28
04-25-10, 10:07 pm
not to mention squatting with the bar up high like that is extremely harder imo.

J Wong
04-25-10, 10:10 pm
That's amazing!

706 for 5 though... Damn heavy weights... That's calculated max of 833.... What gear does he have on? I see knee sleeves, and I'm sure a belt...

It was raw. So belt and sleeves.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122395951

Mendes' trainer Q&A, methods, and all of that stuff.

JUGGERNAUT
09-22-10, 4:40 pm
I see what you mean shizz...straight up creature

pushin weight
09-28-10, 9:37 am
jesus christ...and right before i go to do my leg workout/squats....i feel like a little girl rite about now(goes to corner and cries)....:)

IRBS
09-28-10, 10:07 am
To make this legal, still a very impressive feat, achievable only by really talented people.

Go jump off a cliff. Keep making excuses for yourself, I'm sure youll get really far.

How about this, he is better than you. Youve got work to do other than talking about steroids.

He is an Olympic Lifter and competes in tested organizations and from what I have heard is making a run at the Olympics in the next few years. Yes people beat tests, however if he has never popped positive then all you can assume is he is clean.

Small, weak people always blame drugs for why the suck. How about this, maybe you just suck and will never amount to anything.

Deathride
09-28-10, 11:35 am
Harsh.......but fair. He is super heavyweight Olympic weight lifter who trains heavy twice a day six days a week. I'm not surprised he can lift ridiculous weight!

I played guitar since the age of 3 and practice a couple of hours a day in my childhood (until about 16 when exams etc took over!) Does the fact that I am very good at guitar means I took performance enhancing drugs to make me better? NO.

pushin weight
09-28-10, 2:37 pm
If someone takes steroids to enhance their physique and or performance thats really their own business in my opinion.Im not advocating the use of steroids in any way shape or form.I personally would never touch em but i wouldnt tell someone else what to do either.

prowrestler
09-28-10, 3:00 pm
Go jump off a cliff. Keep making excuses for yourself, I'm sure youll get really far.

How about this, he is better than you. Youve got work to do other than talking about steroids.

He is an Olympic Lifter and competes in tested organizations and from what I have heard is making a run at the Olympics in the next few years. Yes people beat tests, however if he has never popped positive then all you can assume is he is clean.

Small, weak people always blame drugs for why the suck. How about this, maybe you just suck and will never amount to anything.

fuck yes!

prowrestler
09-28-10, 3:08 pm

is there a reason you take every chance you can at pointing the steroid finger? "NaturalTrainee"

Bayne
09-28-10, 5:09 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself.

mark
09-28-10, 7:47 pm
is there a reason you take every chance you can at pointing the steroid finger? "NaturalTrainee"

Because it's easier to blame one's lack of progress and being weaker and smaller than others on lack of steroid consumption than accepting that one's training and diet sucks

Shukin
09-28-10, 8:02 pm

This is a bit harsh bro...I don't know if you are serious or not but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I thought we weren't to air our dirty laundry here..... Unfortunately, with the US government prosecuting pro baseball players there are going to be more and more people out there who feel like people are on the gear....The kid is 19 and massive, I am envious, at 19 I was just hitting my second growth spurt, the kids got a head start, and I look forward to seeing him in the Olympics.
John Wooden, the late great basketball coach always said, "the carrot is mightier than the stick."
I am all for keepin' it real, with in the bounds of good taste.

Peace,
Shukin

IRBS
09-29-10, 8:31 am
This is a bit harsh bro...I don't know if you are serious or not but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I thought we weren't to air our dirty laundry here..... Unfortunately, with the US government prosecuting pro baseball players there are going to be more and more people out there who feel like people are on the gear....The kid is 19 and massive, I am envious, at 19 I was just hitting my second growth spurt, the kids got a head start, and I look forward to seeing him in the Olympics.
John Wooden, the late great basketball coach always said, "the carrot is mightier than the stick."
I am all for keepin' it real, with in the bounds of good taste.

Peace,
Shukin

100% serious. Dont care if someone doesnt like how "harsh" it was, it's the honest truth...whether you like it or not.

Vaze_06
09-29-10, 10:03 am
100% serious. Dont care if someone doesnt like how "harsh" it was, it's the honest truth...whether you like it or not.

Come on IRBS... u know deep down inside u hurt the lil guy feelings and u regret for being so harsh ...no need to apologize, but be nicer next time...
Just kidding!!! awesome post lol

eclipsegsx102
09-29-10, 4:53 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7m6I5m6gY

time to rack it... lol

mark
09-29-10, 6:51 pm

I see that sensitivity training is paying off

prowrestler
09-29-10, 7:43 pm
Because it's easier to blame one's lack of progress and being weaker and smaller than others on lack of steroid consumption than accepting that one's training and diet sucks

why thank you

NJC_Manhattan
09-29-10, 11:11 pm
Very impressive video. When the bar starts to bend that is some serious weight.

Other than Olympic lifts, we got any idea how much this guy deads, benches, etc.?

And for the hell of it... your boy D poundstone....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx_dPwQQozc&feature=related

shizz702
09-30-10, 2:48 am

Other than Olympic lifts, we got any idea how much this guy deads, benches, etc.?

I think in the vid he benches around 500? God only knows what he can dead. When you can fucking snatch 400+ you can deadlift some big boy weight. I'm sure he's easily good for 800, and if he trained for it could easily work himself up to the elite pulling ranks.

Got to love Poundstone!

Oz_78
09-30-10, 8:20 am
Not really sure what I can say that hasn't already been said...f*#king amazing feat! Hitting the weights while his mates are no doubt hitting up college party's on the sauce (alcohol) every second night, good on him.

IRBS
09-30-10, 8:25 am

Olympic Lifters dont do traditional Deadlifts very often, they Squat, C&J, and Snatch. It's very specialized at the top level. Many of the top level Oly guys train at high level training centers multiple times per day depending on which system they are using (Bulgarian, Russian, etc) and what is required by their contracts. They squat several times per week, sometimes daily. It's probably not a fun hobby for them like it is for most of us, its a top level athletic endeavor that could result in a trip to the Olympics. They take it very seriously.

They Bench some, but I dont think it is a huge piece of their training program at this level. I could be wrong though.

He probably has a decent Deadlift though, haha.

shizz702
09-30-10, 12:05 pm

Hahaha, considering how much he can clean and snatch, I'd say that's highly probable lol!

mark
09-30-10, 2:34 pm
Olympic Lifters dont do traditional Deadlifts very often, they Squat, C&J, and Snatch. It's very specialized at the top level. Many of the top level Oly guys train at high level training centers multiple times per day depending on which system they are using (Bulgarian, Russian, etc) and what is required by their contracts. They squat several times per week, sometimes daily. It's probably not a fun hobby for them like it is for most of us, its a top level athletic endeavor that could result in a trip to the Olympics. They take it very seriously.

They Bench some, but I dont think it is a huge piece of their training program at this level. I could be wrong though.

To piggy back off of this, deadlifting can actually be counter productive to OLY lifters at the top level do to the different dynamics of the lifts (and there are many).
And yes, top level OLY lifters squat many times per week (and often several times per day), however, they actually apply the science of lifting, they are not pulling shit out of their ass or going off of some warped misconceptions about what the body can and cannot handle/do.
Next, they spend time getting use to traning programs... They start slow, and then over time as they progress, they do more frequency, intensity, and volume. However, this all stays within the context of the parameters.
Yes, the bench is rarely done... Having a strong bench/big pecs can hinder the oly lifts.

As a whole, the community of OLY lifters train the smartest of all "strength" athletes.

Nix0r
09-30-10, 2:46 pm
I think in the vid he benches around 500? God only knows what he can dead. When you can fucking snatch 400+ you can deadlift some big boy weight. I'm sure he's easily good for 800, and if he trained for it could easily work himself up to the elite pulling ranks.

Got to love Poundstone!

Here's one of Mendes doing 684, smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df7DAPK4yOY

Redbeard
10-04-10, 4:51 pm
That is just fucking humbling. I need to go eat.

Deathride
10-04-10, 6:54 pm
To follow on....in the same way we train the deadlift by doing variations (deadlift from a deficit...deadlift from a box to train lock out.....rack pulls etc) and bench by doing dumbbells, board presses and floor presses, they do the same for their lifts.

They have no reason to do deadlifts in isolation....when they can do power cleans, olympic cleans, jerks from a box etc to practice the mechanics and manage the weights.

Apparently their coach has them do it every year to assess their 'clean' pulling power off the floor but no more than that.