PDA

View Full Version : Looking for exercise/rep advice...

billmd1334
04-23-10, 8:38 am
Hey Bros... I'm getting ready to switch up my workout to a 4 day split looking something like this -

M - Chest/Shoulders
T - Back
Th - Legs
Fr - Arms

I'm currently clean bulking and looking to put on some size and limiting the fat I gain... I'm stuck with what rep range I should aim for on my lifts. I was thinking of sticking to the average 8-12 reps on the regular lifts, and maybe dropping the bigger lifts (squats, deads, bench etc) to maybe 5-6 reps. Also I have been working with a pyramid scheme for over a year, would you recommend me switching that up to straight sets for a while just to keep my body guessing?

I appreciate any advice bros!

C.Coronato
04-23-10, 9:24 am
You gotta do what you find works for you. I like to stay all year in the 10-12 range, and many times ill do forced reps when im bulking. I like training past failure.

billmd1334
04-23-10, 9:36 am
You gotta do what you find works for you. I like to stay all year in the 10-12 range, and many times ill do forced reps when im bulking. I like training past failure.

Thanks bro I appreciate the advice, do you still keep 10-12 reps on squats and deads? Also do you pyramid the sets or do you just aim for straight sets of 10-12 reps?

prowrestler
04-23-10, 1:55 pm
warm up.

then straight sets. if you get 3x12. up the weight next time and keep that weight untill you reach 3x12 again. repeat.

eat as much food as it takes to move the scale a pound a week atleast. 25 cals/pound is a good start.

if you dont grow, you did not listen.