PDA

View Full Version : question about getting back into lifting

fbreijo
04-29-10, 8:05 am
YHey guys I had to take about a year off due to a injury, going back in a few weeks should I start off light or heavy like always. I always enjoyed training heavy, but that's how I got hurt...thanks

theharjmann
04-29-10, 8:28 am
YHey guys I had to take about a year off due to a injury, going back in a few weeks should I start off light or heavy like always. I always enjoyed training heavy, but that's how I got hurt...thanks

you probably got hurt because you trained with SLOPPY FORM as opposed to training heavy

perfect your form then go heavy

U Mad Brah?
04-29-10, 9:35 am
u need to work up to training heavy brah... like building a house without a foundation brahs... that shit won't last long brahmans

Aggression
04-29-10, 9:37 am
Light/Heavy is relevant to the person asking. Start off with a weight that you can get for 10-15 reps with no problem. Don't get struggling or going to failure just yet. You've had a long time away from the iron, and if you get back in there and start going hard too quick, you'll be right back on the sidelines.

Funky
04-29-10, 9:43 am
I agree with everyone here you always want to start off light and tight! Perfect form do not worry about heavy that will come, focus on doing CORE and strengthen your body. I personally would do like a 3 day per week for at least a month or 2 doing one really good set of all the core exercises.

Powerfreak
04-29-10, 10:32 am

I took almost two years off. Didn't see the inside of the gym.
Been back for a few months now.
"Heavy" will not be an option for you. Trust me.
You are going to have to be patient and start over from scratch.
Trying to throw "big"weight around and get ahead of yourself will just put you right back on the sidelines.

Brian Weston

Standing_Guard
04-29-10, 10:51 am
we all have setbacks bro, I was out for 8 months with a quad injury and it hurt more to be out of the gym than any pain my body could throw at me. Form, common sense, and overcoming the fear of pain are your keys to be where you were. In retrospect an injury is just a learning experience your body will tell if you fuck it up trust me. Take your time and you'll be just fine

FITGYM
04-29-10, 11:07 am
Try to train smarter this time. Take your time for the first 4 to 6 weeks and get your muscles working again and get some Animal Supplements

Cellardweller
04-29-10, 4:43 pm
I was five years out when I started again last year. Then I tore a tendon in my ankle and had to take 3 more months off. You basicly start over from scratch like Powerfreak said. Check your ego and don't give up. It really is a mind job when you can't push the numbers you used to.