PDA

View Full Version : Bench dips

billmd1334
04-29-10, 9:19 pm
I find that when doing regular parallel bar dips my shoulders and chest will take over on the last few sets, does anyone do bench dips? if so, what's your thoughts on them? I've heard they are an effective exercise, just wanted to get some other opinions on them.

MitchWill
04-29-10, 9:35 pm
I find that when doing regular parallel bar dips my shoulders and chest will take over on the last few sets, does anyone do bench dips? if so, what's your thoughts on them? I've heard they are an effective exercise, just wanted to get some other opinions on them.

I like to switch up with bench dips every few weeks. I get my spotter to put some plates in my lap for resistance.

theharjmann
04-30-10, 3:56 am
great exercise

i like to finish on them though

i would typically start with cable pushdown work, some overhead stuff and maybe some skull crushers. then when i move onto bench dips i can fully destroy the triceps. usually a dropset does the trick: i will get someone to put 4 plates on my thighs and grind out 8-10 reps. then take a plate off and do another 8-10...then another, then another...triceps are usually fucked after this.

bench dips - GREAT exercise!