PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on how to lower blood pressure.

Berzerker
04-30-10, 12:13 am
Ok fellas, I been out for a while since November, had some surgery and stuff come up. Pretty much been told to stay out of the weight room till I heal all up, and well a couple weeks ago it was that time to come back and get back on the grind. I kept a steady somewhat clean diet, I would say 4-5 days clean, and the rest would be somewhat sloppy. But im back on schedule. Doing my routines again and cardio. Im currently taking Animal OMEGA, PAK, FLEX, PUMP, and some other brand all in one formula with Hawthorne Berry, SAM-e, Celery Seed, Grape Seed, Milk Thistle, CoQ10 and Red Yeast Rice. Blood pressure was good after surgery, I was anywhere from 118/71...everything was great. The past two days my BP has been skyrocketing to anywhere from 130-146/80-91. I eat healthy and I watch my sodium, and if I cook with salt its usually sea salt. Im not taking any natty test boosters or anything like that, just maintenance supps as I mentioned. I have gained about 7 pounds. Drinking lots of water also. Oh, and I also take melatonin at night. Any advice would be helpful, I wanna get my BP under control ASAP before I start causing damage to my arteries lol.

C.Coronato
04-30-10, 9:36 am
Pump could potentially affect your BP because of the NO and the caffeine. If you have high BP i would check with your doc and see what he says.

Berzerker
04-30-10, 2:01 pm
Sorry, I forgot to mention.. I do take the red pill out. Yeah, im scheduled for a DR. appt within the week. Im just hoping to not be put on any meds.

Deltoid
05-03-10, 5:37 pm
Yeah double-check your supplements man. I took so much shit at once I felt terrible (and I didn't know what was causing it). The simple way is the best way; I feel a lot better since I stopped the "excess" things of my foundation.

abosmad85
05-23-10, 6:07 pm
NO does'nt increase your blood pressure cz it is a vasodilator

how to lower blood pressure :

-avoid smoking
-avoid high salt diets
-avoid high cholesterol diets
-avoid fatty diets
-healthy intake of water ( increase intake of water may increase BP) more than 2 L
-caffeine may increases BP

-take fish oil each day will decrease BP cz it contains Omega 3
-take vitamins and minerals in healthy doses
-high protein diet may increase your BP ( 1.5g per lb is enough for body builder if there is troubles in BP )

-avoid steroid and steroid like if there is trouble in BP
-treatment of diseases which increase BP ( visit the doctor if you have a trouble in BP )

msktyshha
05-23-10, 9:19 pm
try some hawthorn berries, they also come in pill form. they are known to stabilize your blood pressure