PDA

View Full Version : Creatine Cycle question

BlinkAVA44
05-02-10, 6:21 pm
I'm gonna start a creatine cycle and Ive been looking up about when to take creatine and how much to take and i see alot of people say to take 20g per day during the loading phase 5g in morning 5 at lunch 5 pre w.o and 5 post. Ive heard its best to take creatine post w.o so why not take it all then?

Birdman
05-02-10, 6:29 pm
I would do 3-5g 3 hours pre workout, 3-5g 20 minutes pre workout, and another 3-5g immediately post workout. 20g seems a little much to me but you'll just have to feel it out and see how your body responds to the different levels.

Appollonian
05-02-10, 7:31 pm
I would just do 5 before and after and 5 in the morning for a week. Now on days I don't lift I might just take 5 after.

Deltoid
05-02-10, 8:09 pm
20grams sounds high as hell! When I took it I used 5 g pre and 5 g post...

msktyshha
05-02-10, 10:39 pm
5gs pre and post is a good idea

C.Coronato
05-03-10, 9:50 am
I dont personally load. There are so many studies out there, just simply take it. I like 5 before and 5 after.

androidhinter
05-03-10, 8:30 pm
I agree with the 5 pre and maybe even 10 post but I think 20 in a day is going to give you kidney troubles. ESPECIALLY if you don't get at least a gallon of water per day. Add an occasional ibuprofen with 20 g creatine and you've got kidney problems. Besides, don't forget that along with your 10-15 g creatine supplementation that creatine also occurs naturally in some foods.

smoothballer
05-03-10, 9:41 pm
I dont personally load. There are so many studies out there, just simply take it. I like 5 before and 5 after.

That's how I take it...

Deltoid
05-03-10, 9:42 pm
I agree with the 5 pre and maybe even 10 post but I think 20 in a day is going to give you kidney troubles. ESPECIALLY if you don't get at least a gallon of water per day. Add an occasional ibuprofen with 20 g creatine and you've got kidney problems. Besides, don't forget that along with your 10-15 g creatine supplementation that creatine also occurs naturally in some foods.

Creatine = steak (not a lot)

But it is also rumored to cause kidney stones in large consumption without enough water. I don't believe creatine did anything for me to be honest; so I cut that from my supplement line-up.

Aggression
05-04-10, 8:22 am

No loading for me either. I typically take it 2x/day; preWO (contained in my Shock Therapy), and postWO (in my Torrent). On non-training days, I take one serving in the morning (Storm)

live2lift
05-04-10, 12:24 pm
They say to load on 20 grams for a week and then 5-10 grams after that, but it is all BS. The only difference loading makes is that your muscles will saturate with creatine faster, but at the end of the month the creatine levels are the same in someone who takes 5 grams a day and someone who loads. Once your muscles are saturated with it all you are doing is maintaining your levels, you cannot keep saturating your muscles. For me 5 grams of plain monohydrate is what has worked best. I used to do it after training on workout days but have recently read up on how exercise increases the bodys ability to uptake the creatine and I have switched to taking it before. It is too soon to tell if it is doing anything different yet since it has only been a couple of days. My suggestion is to only take 5-10 grams per day. Whenever you choose to do it is probably fine so long as you are taking it in pre workout, post workout, or both. Off days, just remember to take it.

Beowulf
05-04-10, 12:25 pm
I'm gonna start a creatine cycle and Ive been looking up about when to take creatine and how much to take and i see alot of people say to take 20g per day during the loading phase 5g in morning 5 at lunch 5 pre w.o and 5 post. Ive heard its best to take creatine post w.o so why not take it all then?

Cycle creatine? That's so late 1990s.......

Deltoid
05-05-10, 10:44 pm
Some people say that cycling creatine gives them better results. But I don't know that shit doesn't work for me.

stayfit
05-19-10, 1:03 pm
I just take Storm before workout, Torrent after. Creatine taken care of.

abosmad85
05-23-10, 5:38 pm
human body needs creatine as a source of energy for the cells , for me there is no need for cycling creatine .

healthy dose = (3g per day from food and 3g from supplements pre-workout is enough)

i take pump daily and i have great results

LegendKillerJosh
06-01-10, 1:56 pm
Cycle creatine? That's so late 1990s.......

agree lol

dannynb
06-01-10, 2:07 pm

Exactly....I get mine from ST, Storm, Creatine Mono and Torrent.

LegendKillerJosh
06-01-10, 2:24 pm
I am actually a believer that if you are eating beef, eggs, fish and other animal proteins, you don't need a creatine supplement. 1 pound of beef contains 5g of creatine, and plenty of people eat more than that.