PDA

View Full Version : Need an answer here, please.

05-03-10, 1:22 pm
How can I calculate my body fat%?

I'm 172 pounds and 5,65 feet tall.

Thanks.

Birdman
05-03-10, 1:45 pm
best way would be to get a bod pod test or use some calipers. Check out any medical or sport facility and they may be able to get ya checked out.

05-03-10, 1:47 pm
Sorry, but what's a bod pod test and what's a caliper?

Birdman
05-03-10, 1:54 pm
A bod pod test is where you sit in a little "pod" and they measure the amount of air you displace. Calipers are just a small hand held device that pinches your skin and measures your body fat.

C.Coronato
05-03-10, 1:56 pm
You cant calculate it by just numbers, you need to physically get it done.

Body fat Caliper: http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11008985/Pooya_Body_Fat_Caliper.jpg

Find someone who actually knows how to use it, correctly, and get it done.

Beowulf
05-03-10, 1:59 pm
Many different ways to do it, but my question is, why are you looking for this number? Your answer may influence future responses.

05-03-10, 2:04 pm
I want to know if my body fat percentage is above average or just average..
That's why I'm looking for it.

Beowulf
05-03-10, 2:06 pm
I want to know if my body fat percentage is above average or just average..
That's why I'm looking for it.

So just to satisfy your curiosity? I'm guessing you don't want to spend any money and I'm guessing it's doesn't have to be super accurate, so why not calipers? Not particularly accurate, but if someone has one, they can do it for free and you'll get a rough idea.

theharjmann
05-03-10, 2:51 pm
How can I calculate my body fat%?

I'm 172 pounds and 5,65 feet tall.

Thanks.

I think if you get hung up about bodyfat % numbers it will screw with you...calipers especially only measure the fat around the hip, arm etc. area. Bodyfat calipers dont measure the subcutaneous fat that is lodged inbetween your stomach organs etc.

Best bet i think is to just take some monthly progress pics if you are looking to lose bodyfat.

You cant beat the camera/mirror for the truth.

05-03-10, 4:51 pm
Is my weight too much for my height and age? I'm almost 18.

theharjmann
05-04-10, 4:12 am
Is my weight too much for my height and age? I'm almost 18.

no offence but that is a silly question:

do you have an 8 pack? if you do then it is a very good weight

do you have a 46 inch waist? if you do then it is a shit weight

HDV
05-04-10, 7:30 am
Most gyms and health places do body fat testing and it is usually free as well along with body assessments.I know the Virgin gyms have self service equipment to check all that stuff

IRON-L
05-05-10, 5:09 am
no offence but that is a silly question:

do you have an 8 pack? if you do then it is a very good weight

do you have a 46 inch waist? if you do then it is a shit weight

I agree with the mann here, look in the mirror, if you look farking good, then it's prpbably below average.
I you look like a grandma, then no.

If the abs are reasonably visible but you still have a bit of softness, odds are you lie between 10 and 15%.