PDA

View Full Version : Protein shakes

IRON-L
05-04-10, 3:30 am
Bro's, I wanted to ask if anyone is clued up in terms of HEALTH in taking 2+ protein shakes a day.
You see, I usually took one POW, and one before breakfast and it's been fine for years.
However, lately i've been blowing smoke all day long and my stomach feels a bit upset on a few days a week.
Tis the shake, coz when I drop it, I feel fine on the same diet!

Could it be that the brand just doesn't work with me anymore, or does protein shakes have certain bad stuff in there, speaking of preservatives, colourants, flavourants etc. that is not good for health or maybe something else that makes ur arsehole sing songs all day?

Jay
05-04-10, 3:41 am
are you lactose intolerant by any chance? I know I am, and some shakes destroy me.

theharjmann
05-04-10, 3:48 am
Bro's, I wanted to ask if anyone is clued up in terms of HEALTH in taking 2+ protein shakes a day.
You see, I usually took one POW, and one before breakfast and it's been fine for years.
However, lately i've been blowing smoke all day long and my stomach feels a bit upset on a few days a week.
Tis the shake, coz when I drop it, I feel fine on the same diet!

Could it be that the brand just doesn't work with me anymore, or does protein shakes have certain bad stuff in there, speaking of preservatives, colourants, flavourants etc. that is not good for health or maybe something else that makes ur arsehole sing songs all day?

what protein do you take? a whey protein isolate might be better for you.

IRON-L
05-04-10, 3:55 am
Not lactose intolerant that I am aware of.

Bro I take a whey before breakfast and bed, and then a solid 2:1 carb to protein shake POW.

Thing is, the brand has always been great for me - maybe its time for a new brand then.

Anyway, do you guys know anything in terms of the flavourants and colorants in the shit?
I've read that this type of stuff along with certain preservatives can cause cancers as well...

theharjmann
05-04-10, 4:04 am
Not lactose intolerant that I am aware of.

Bro I take a whey before breakfast and bed, and then a solid 2:1 carb to protein shake POW.

Thing is, the brand has always been great for me - maybe its time for a new brand then.

Anyway, do you guys know anything in terms of the flavourants and colorants in the shit?
I've read that this type of stuff along with certain preservatives can cause cancers as well...

they say everything causes cancer these days, including burnt toast. if there is solid scientific evidence then i would be worried. so far its just speculation.

as for mass gainers....most mass gainers are full of shit. i like to make up own up that consist of whey protein and oats. put that in a blender and you are set to go. it could be the ingredients in the mass gainer that are giving you problems....

Bushbear86
05-04-10, 4:21 am
I've included 2 MRP shakes (40g + of protein and 40g + of Carbs) as part of my daily diet since the Iron bug got hold of me and to be honest I have never thought of it as being unhealthy nor did I feel anything different after taking it (I do visit the crapper more than the average person)

I guess it's more a convenience then anything else, because I do believe that food should be kept in it's most basic raw form possible and although processed foods might be convenient, there is still unhealthy components in these foods that your body will reject or might leave you feeling bloated and sluggish.

IRON-L
05-04-10, 4:37 am
I am glad we agree on this then, this is my point of view.

If you are as big as a steam train, you are going to blow off more steam than the average guy, makes sense no.
And maybe if I die of cancer one day, it will sure as hell be in the gym.