PDA

View Full Version : back pain and training

fawaz
05-04-10, 11:17 am
i have had a strain in my lower back since 10 weeks ago i really want to get back in the gym and train.i have been wondering that some exersises such as benchpress leg extensions and some machines dont involve the lower back.i went to see the doctor about a month ago and he told me i will be awaiting physiotherapy and i still havent got it.i am getting really fed up and so just wanna get back in the gym and do something.
so what exersises would be safe to do when i have a mild strain in my lower back.i would aprecieate your advise.

C.Coronato
05-04-10, 11:22 am
I would stick it out and wait for the Dr. the back is nothing to mess around with.

RENFRO
05-04-10, 2:03 pm
My lower back got twisted a bit and was out of alignment earlier this year. I had a reputable chiropractor take some x-rays and do some work. The before and after x-rays were astounding. If you're wanting to take steps to get it fixed, I'd find a good chiro. and see what his opinion is. Stay out of the gym. F it up more and you may not be playing in the iron game for a long time.

Razor
05-04-10, 2:33 pm
I would stick it out and wait for the Dr. the back is nothing to mess around with.

x2 on this. I pulled a back muscle and 3 months ago strained my upper back really bad. Rest is going to be key and can't be stressed enough. I did just that and i'm way stronger than i was before the injury.

Joseph V
05-04-10, 11:07 pm
just as ttl said..stick to your doctors advice and hope all goes well for you bro

Cstlfx
05-05-10, 2:04 am

x3

I have had multiple back strains, each worse than the next. Muscle memory works for both good events and bad events. You dont want to be out even longer because you couldnt wait to get back in the gym.

LegendKillerJosh
05-06-10, 12:32 am
I've had surgery on my lower back and the best advice I can give is to not rest and keep your hamstrings loose. I've discovered that when I do my squats and deadlifts every week my lower back never hurts. It's when I give it a 2-3 week rest that it hurts when I try to workout next. And the best thing for a tight back is to stretch your hamstrings because when they are tight they pull on the back muscles and compress the spine.