PDA

View Full Version : HRT question

iirobwolinii
04-08-10, 5:08 pm
hey i was just wondering if it would be a bad idea to be training arms one day then the next day training back in the hell raiser training. im following the outline specifically as you wrote it but the order in what i do my body parts is slightly different.
day 1- arms
day 2- back/calves
day 3- rest
day 4-legs
day 5- chest shoulders
day 6 and 7- rest.

let me know if this alright to do. thanks

Rage
04-08-10, 7:54 pm
hey i was just wondering if it would be a bad idea to be training arms one day then the next day training back in the hell raiser training. im following the outline specifically as you wrote it but the order in what i do my body parts is slightly different.
day 1- arms
day 2- back/calves
day 3- rest
day 4-legs
day 5- chest shoulders
day 6 and 7- rest.

Looks solid to me brother!

iirobwolinii
04-12-10, 7:34 pm
now ive been doing hrt for about a month now and im continuing t up the weight and push myself harder and harder. i feel like im getting used to it because im not getting as sore as i was and i feel like on my rest days im forcing most of the rest days because i would like to go to the gym and do more hrt!

Rage
04-13-10, 8:09 pm
now ive been doing hrt for about a month now and im continuing t up the weight and push myself harder and harder. i feel like im getting used to it because im not getting as sore as i was and i feel like on my rest days im forcing most of the rest days because i would like to go to the gym and do more hrt!

You'll want to switch it up at the 12 week mark and run it every other week.

iirobwolinii
05-04-10, 9:07 pm
when i do the negative portion of the workout i cant get a FULL 5 seconds i tend to speed the 5 count up because i am so fatigued from doing the concentric portion of the workout. i still get the 4 negatives there just a little faster due to me putting on heavy weight that i can literally only get 8 to the point i am just getting that 8th. am i screwing up the hrt by pushing it to failure on the 8th and then doing the fored negatives a little faster than a full 5 count?

Little Z
05-05-10, 2:29 pm
when i do the negative portion of the workout i cant get a FULL 5 seconds i tend to speed the 5 count up because i am so fatigued from doing the concentric portion of the workout. i still get the 4 negatives there just a little faster due to me putting on heavy weight that i can literally only get 8 to the point i am just getting that 8th. am i screwing up the hrt by pushing it to failure on the 8th and then doing the fored negatives a little faster than a full 5 count?

I wouldnt say you are technically screwing up, but as its been blasted since the Demo at the Arnold.. with HRT you leave your ego at the door.. my team mate and I are Power Lifters, we do big weight and thats it.. well when we started this Iron Contest running HRT we got a swift kick in the ass when we put weight on we thought we could handle.. the 8 reps are just as important as the 4 negatives.. you want 8 as explosive as possible and you want to be fighting those negatives, you want to gas out on the 4th negative.. you want at least a 4 count, thats what most of us have been using, and if you watch Rage's latest videos where he and Rev put the science behind HRT you will see how the 4th negative rep is when you should be totally on empty.. basically, if you arent able to get the full 4 count with the weight you are doing, drop the weight and get it done.. the 8 reps are to be explosive, and the 4 forced can even be push/pause once you get the 8 done..

Survivor831
05-05-10, 7:34 pm
I wouldnt say you are technically screwing up, but as its been blasted since the Demo at the Arnold.. with HRT you leave your ego at the door.. my team mate and I are Power Lifters, we do big weight and thats it.. well when we started this Iron Contest running HRT we got a swift kick in the ass when we put weight on we thought we could handle.. the 8 reps are just as important as the 4 negatives.. you want 8 as explosive as possible and you want to be fighting those negatives, you want to gas out on the 4th negative.. you want at least a 4 count, thats what most of us have been using, and if you watch Rage's latest videos where he and Rev put the science behind HRT you will see how the 4th negative rep is when you should be totally on empty.. basically, if you arent able to get the full 4 count with the weight you are doing, drop the weight and get it done.. the 8 reps are to be explosive, and the 4 forced can even be push/pause once you get the 8 done..

Listen to my man Z........He knows what he's talking about.

iirobwolinii
05-06-10, 12:04 am
okay that helps a lot. so ill just drop the weight a little bit because i can get the 8 then the negatives become a problem later in the workout, but i still get them done no doubt about that. it has been working great with me already so im guessing it will only work better if i drop the weight a little bit more and get those as explosive as possible with a full 4 negatives for 5 full seconds. as of now i was pushing the negatives way beyond failure so im going to lower the weight to have some more energy and strength for the negatives to become better. thanks!

Rage
05-14-10, 1:35 pm

Right on the money Z!

fearl3ess
05-27-10, 8:36 pm
hello, im on my 5th week of the HRT routine and i gotta say its brutal but definetly worth it in the end. I've had some amazing results on it but i was wondering what type of cardio would be optimal to go along with this routine with the ultimate goal of putting on lean mass with minimal fat gain? idk whether to do HIIT or low volume high intesity (high incline low speed).
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanx

AntoineV
05-29-10, 1:36 pm
day 1- arms
day 2- back/calves
day 3- rest
day 4-legs
day 5- chest shoulders
day 6 and 7- rest.

Usually I put arms after back. because If you train back after you worked biceps, you will hinder your bicep's recuperation and you might have trouble doing your back workout.

You could do :

Back/calves
Arms
Off
Chest/Shoulders
Legs
Off
Repeat

If you wanted to put your arms first so you can improve them faster, put a day off before and after it. This way you will be fresh when doing them, and you will give them time to rest before hitting another bodypart.

Rage
06-15-10, 3:44 pm
hello, im on my 5th week of the HRT routine and i gotta say its brutal but definetly worth it in the end. I've had some amazing results on it but i was wondering what type of cardio would be optimal to go along with this routine with the ultimate goal of putting on lean mass with minimal fat gain? idk whether to do HIIT or low volume high intesity (high incline low speed).
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanx

I put all my guys on low intensity, longer cardio sessions.

Rage
06-15-10, 3:44 pm
Usually I put arms after back. because If you train back after you worked biceps, you will hinder your bicep's recuperation and you might have trouble doing your back workout.

You could do :

Back/calves
Arms
Off
Chest/Shoulders
Legs
Off
Repeat

If you wanted to put your arms first so you can improve them faster, put a day off before and after it. This way you will be fresh when doing them, and you will give them time to rest before hitting another bodypart.

Awesome advise and a physique to back up the words.