PDA

View Full Version : Pursells Journey.- Succeed Alone, fail Alone, Learn Alone. Conquer All

Pursell
05-06-10, 8:43 am
Each week, i'll tell a little tale, share a little knowledge, and just rant about a topic of choice lets start with This one-
Dependance
Outside of the gym and off the ice, Im the most laid back, humorous, smile on my face loving kind of guy you will find, but A day in the gym for me is like driving down a one way tunnel. Theres only one way to go, one goal, and no turning back. I’m gonna be honest. I’m not coming in the front doors with a giant smile on my face asking Cindy at the front desk how her husband and kids are. I’m not here to sit down and tell her my fu*kin life story, and how great im doing. Fuck Scott who’s walking up the stairs as i go down, who i havent seen in a month. Sure hes a great guy, but in the gym he’s just another nod of the head and a walk on by. I’m here to train. Ive got one thought on my mind and thats progress. The sweater comes on, the hat gets pulled over the eyes and i focus on stimulating those muscles. Doin what i gotta do. Set after set, Rep after rep. (Of perfect fuckin form of course). I see things a little different than most. Sure people have different goals when they join a gym. Some want to gain muscle, lose fat or just get in shape. Some people are dependant on trainers and spotting partners. But for me, If i need a spot, than thats just another weakness and difficulty I’m not overcoming on my own. If I’m sittin on a bench with 225 over my head and my arms are almost stuck half way up, I’m pretty sure if anyone had a spot, they get that extra lift to rack the bar. But me, im sittin alone on my fuckin back goin, shit if i dont move this bar up myself im gonna have a new friend embedded in my chest. So you gotta do it no matter what. I dont want things to be easy. When is anything in this fucked up life easy. You dont have anyone holding your hand all the way through life, so why should you if you take bodybuilding seriously. You need to be dependant on yourself. Eventually you’ll see that all you need is you. But yeah, i have dropped that 225 right onto my chest and had to bounce it down onto my lap. But i dont see anyone else workin that hard. I pushed it, that little bit extra than the guy beside me. And that gives me the fuckin edge. And thats why I’ll be on top when your not.

Pursell
05-07-10, 6:51 pm
Alright, we all know those pains and aches we get days after that harder fuckin trainin’ sesh. But i got a little classifiation rating i like to do, so i really know i hit those muscles properly. I like to call it my " i know i worked em hard enough if’s.." Each worky for me is a all out, to failure each set, High intensity blood bath, and stink show. Just the ultimate in sacrifice. Animal style, the only way. So lets start.
You know you worked hard if…

Legs- sitting down to take a shit the next day is more painful than your entire leg workout combined haha.
-the thought that a wheelchair would actually come in handy
-Shoulders- When you wanna impress that hot fuckin substitute teacher, but you cant even raise your hand to show her you got the bomb answer
Traps- When you cant even shrug your shoulders to tell your girl you dont know why you dont wanna watch The Notebook with her…
Chest- When you cant even bring your hands up and together to clap when your buddy fucks up and runs into a lightpost trying to do a burnout(true story)
Abs- When you gotta do the old roll over out of bed, instead of sittin up.
Arms- When scratchin your ear becomes more of a hassle, and you decide to use shoulder technique
Back- When you drop something on the ground and you just go "fuckkkk" (hamstrings too)!
Glutes- When you wish somehow you could levitate instead of sittin in those fucking plastic chairs all damn day.
Forearms- When night time rolls around and your alone in bed…and you just decide to go to bed this time…you know….

So if you feel anything close to anyone of those a day or two after, id say you did a solid job! And take your glutamine and protein fools