PDA

View Full Version : 1000 lbs. Raw squat-cage 2011-powerfreak

Powerfreak
05-06-10, 1:19 pm
Well after coming across a post questioning a 1000 lb. raw squat, has it been done,will it ,can it be done?
I just just can't resist the temptation to take it on.

Some here that may not know me may take this as maybe some kinda joke or just hot air.
Those that do know me will testify that I am right on the edge of psycotic,(maybe a little over) driven, and love to push heavy fuckin' weight. Which is perfect for this challenge.
I am already training for a meet on Oct.23rd 2010, so I will just fold this right in.

I have already squatted over 1000 lbs in mumerous meets. so I know what it feels like on my back. Granted, I have just come off of a long layoff(almost 2 yrs.), but I think I have gotten myself back in good enough shape to take this on.
To answer one question right away..I will be using knee wraps,wrist wraps and a belt. If this is not your definition of RAW...TOUGH SHIT.
I will keep ya all posted on my progress both here and on my "journey" Powerfreak,war to the worlds.

Now I gotta make some calls to further me along in this quest. STAY TUNED

Brian Weston

J A Y
05-06-10, 1:21 pm
Well after coming across a post questioning a 1000 lb. raw squat, has it been done,will it ,can it be done?
I just just can't resist the temptation to take it on.

Some here that may not know me may take this as maybe some kinda joke or just hot air.
Those that do know me will testify that I am right on the edge of psycotic,(maybe a little over) driven, and love to push heavy fuckin' weight. Which is perfect for this challenge.
I am already training for a meet on Oct.23rd 2010, so I will just fold this right in.

I have already squatted over 1000 lbs in mumerous meets. so I know what it feels like on my back. Granted, I have just come off of a long layoff(almost 2 yrs.), but I think I have gotten myself back in good enough shape to take this on.
To answer one question right away..I will be using knee wraps,wrist wraps and a belt. If this is not your definition of RAW...TOUGH SHIT.
I will keep ya all posted on my progress both here and on my "journey" Powerfreak,war to the worlds.

Now I gotta make some calls to further me along in this quest. STAY TUNED

Brian Weston

good lord... 1000lbs raw... thats one hell of a big task... good luck man! il be tuned in for this

JUGGERNAUT
05-06-10, 1:27 pm
Bring it Weston!

wedge
05-06-10, 1:48 pm
Now I have another reason to get my ass to the cage next year.

Big Wides
05-06-10, 2:11 pm
Nice to see you back at it bro, missed ya around these parts and this is going to be one hell of a ride.

What meet are you doing in October?

ghost
05-06-10, 2:29 pm
i know of only 2 people that i FIRMLY believe can do this. Sam Byrd, and Brian Weston.

kill that shit Weston!

Powerfreak
05-06-10, 2:58 pm
Nice to see you back at it bro, missed ya around these parts and this is going to be one hell of a ride.

What meet are you doing in October?

The meet I will be doing is the SPF Virginia Open.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
05-06-10, 3:01 pm
i know of only 2 people that i FIRMLY believe can do this. Sam Byrd, and Brian Weston.

kill that shit Weston!

Sam Is one hell of a lifter, both geared AND Raw.
He has considerably more RAW experience than I do, so I may be hitting him up for a few training tips.
This upcoming meet will be my first attempt at a Raw meet, and will also be used to guage my progress for th grand.

Brian Weston

ghost
05-06-10, 3:08 pm
Sam Is one hell of a lifter, both geared AND Raw.
He has considerably more RAW experience than I do, so I may be hitting him up for a few training tips.
This upcoming meet will be my first attempt at a Raw meet, and will also be used to guage my progress for th grand.

Brian Weston

where is it?

Powerfreak
05-06-10, 3:14 pm
I must point out that at this time this is not yet a "scheduled" event for the CAGE.
I spoke with G-diesel minutes ago and told him of my plan. We both agree that this is WAY early to start planning CAGE events. Plus the fact that I have been out of action for a little while.
That said I do feel that he is behind me %100, which of course I am very greatful for.
ANIMAL in general ,has always been very supportive. I have no problem saying that this is by far the best company I have ever dealt with. The people, the products,the whole nine.

I hope that I will hit a big enough number at my meet to further my chances of being able to make the attempt in The CAGE.

I think my last squat in the cage was 850,suit,straps down,no knee wraps or belt.
Looking to make a much bigger show if everything works out.
So cross yer damn fingers and pray to the squat gods for me.

Brian Weston

Maccabee
05-06-10, 3:16 pm
I will definately be following this journey. I have seen many of your training videos. They are nothing but motivational.

The intensity and the look in your eyes in those videos shows your probably one of the only people in the world crazy enough to attempt this haha. I am looking forward to seeing this. Peace.

Powerfreak
05-06-10, 3:20 pm
where is it?

Brute Strength Gym Norfolk, Virginia

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
05-07-10, 9:34 am
Just ordered a new rack. As soon as it arrives the real squat training will begin.
To this point it has been mostly machine based training. Although I am not a big fan of machines, the leg press,powersquat,extensions,and leg curls have allowed me to rebuild a solid base to restart my squat training.
I will more than likely be training deads and squats on the same day,back to back,alternating the lifts each week. I will look to continue this program for at least 2 months. The idea being to pound myself into the ground and allow plenty of rest time after.
Depending on how this goes I will then re-evaluate and adjust if needed.

I realize that I have really put myself out there with this goal, but I usually make the most progress with people watching, and usually doubting that I can do something.

We shall see.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
05-08-10, 8:26 am
Trained legs yesterday. Didn't involve too much.
I refuse to squat in the smith machine. That thig is just a accident waiting to happen, and ii sure as hell don't need an injury right outta the gate.

I did some powersquats on the legpress/hack machine,heavy leg extensions and leg curls.
Even doing anything on that machine forces me into an awkward position.
The foot platform is ony 24" wide, and my average squat stance is a little over 4 feet wide.
This pretty much kills my natural range of motion, so i try not to get too crazy on this thing.
My new rack has been ordered, and I belive the shipping time is between 7-10 days. Then the real work starts.
I have plenty of time once it gets here to go through several training cycles,with the end result,hopefully, being a 1000lb. raw squat.
The meet i am doing in OCT. falling pretty much right in the middle between now and the ARNOLD, it will be a great place to guage my progress.
I am hoping to put up anywhere between 700-800lbs. for that meet.

Brian Weston

ghost
05-08-10, 11:01 am
looking forward to seeing the new rack Brian.

Powerfreak
05-13-10, 10:02 am
Still waiting for the new rack.
I popped a rib out on tues. so my back i s a little sore at the moment.
Today:

leg extensions

Stack x10x10

leg curls

stack x6x10

Powersquats on the narrow ass oldtime legpress/hack machine.

600 10sets x8

NOw just have to rest and heal up til' monday.

Brian weston

ghost
05-13-10, 10:09 am
hope the rib heals up quick brother.!

Powerfreak
05-22-10, 8:11 pm
Well, i word today that my new Power Rack has arrived, although I have no idea when i will be able to start my squat training. Things are kinda screwed at work right now.
I am hoping to get it going by the end of the week or begining of next.
Can't wait to get some weight on my back again.
I have been doing alot of core work to get ready for this,so at least I will be ready in that aspect.
I will only be posting my squat progress on this thread.
I can't remember what my best raw squat was before. I always trained for geared comps.
Best comp squat to date (geared) 1010lbs. (done 1100+ training, but of course that don't count.lol)
I am really looking forward to this raw meet. It should be quite a journey.

Brian Weston

FITGYM
05-22-10, 8:28 pm
Brian you are already setting the tone for next year's cage....Hope that rib heels. I've broken some in the past(funny story) but it takes time for them to heel and hurts to do everything....

Fred "Dr Squat" Hatfield done the 1000lb squat back in the day but not raw. I've had the privilege of training with him and have heard the story numerous times about the day he did this and it never gets old...

Stick to your goal...do it...and your story will never get old about the day you did 1000 lb squat raw.....

I look forward to hearing it and hope to be there to cheer you on.

Powerfreak
05-23-10, 6:20 pm
Stopped by the gym today on the way to work. My rack has arrived, FINALLY!
unfortunately it is still in boxes.
Work schedule is a little fucked right now, but I think we will be able to get it set up on Tues. and I can get my first squat session in on Thurs., at least that is the plan.
Damn thursday will probably take forever to get here.lol

Brian Weston

J-DOG
05-23-10, 6:45 pm
Stopped by the gym today on the way to work. My rack has arrived, FINALLY!
unfortunately it is still in boxes.
Work schedule is a little fucked right now, but I think we will be able to get it set up on Tues. and I can get my first squat session in on Thurs., at least that is the plan.
Damn thursday will probably take forever to get here.lol

Brian Weston

1000lbs let me say that again 1000lbs!!!!!!!!!
The mere sound of that number just blows my mind and makes my bones ache ha ha!
By the sounds of it Brian you are the man to do it and i have full confidence that you will bro! This is one journey that i cant wait to see the end result on! Good luck in your upcoming meet bro and just get yourself ready for the big lift at the cage!

JD

FITGYM
05-23-10, 6:55 pm
1000lbs let me say that again 1000lbs!!!!!!!!!
The mere sound of that number just blows my mind and makes my bones ache ha ha!
By the sounds of it Brian you are the man to do it and i have full confidence that you will bro! This is one journey that i cant wait to see the end result on! Good luck in your upcoming meet bro and just get yourself ready for the big lift at the cage!

JD

Brian is an Animal

Powerfreak
05-23-10, 8:34 pm
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t29/bdweston/?action=view&current=BrianWeston.1000lbSQ242.flv

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t29/bdweston/?action=view&current=aaa.flv

Now just have to do it RAW.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
05-25-10, 10:48 pm
The new rack has finally been assembled at the gym.
I got off work this morning(6am) slept for a couple hours then headed to the gym, as I had told the owner that I would be there to assist getting the rack set up.
Well, I walked into the gym and there it was,all ready to go. They had set it up earlier in the morning while I was still in a coma.

Unfortunately, being at the end of an 80+ hr. work week, on the graveyard shift, I am currently suffering from a pretty solid case of sleep deprevation. Hell I could barely even talk.

So, trying out the new rack was not an option, but I just have to get through one 8hr shift tonight and another tomorrow afternoon then I am off til next tues. (thank god!)
It looks like I will get my first squat training session in on Thursday.

Of course this will be just like starting from scratch, since the last time I was under a squat bar was I believe in January at Brute Strength Gym.
Although I believe that I am in much better shape at this time than I was back then, This first session is going to be more or less a "test the waters" kinda deal.
Possibly getting close to a max single to guage the rest of the cycle off of.

What will that be? probably somewhere between 5 to 600.(hopefully)lol
Then the goal will be for 800 by meet time in October. Plenty of time I believe.

All of my squat training progress will be posted here.
I will probably post all of my other training here as well.

So stay tuned in and we will see where it goes.

Brian Weston

BryanSmash!
05-25-10, 11:16 pm
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t29/bdweston/?action=view&current=BrianWeston.1000lbSQ242.flv

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t29/bdweston/?action=view&current=aaa.flv

Now just have to do it RAW.

Brian Weston

Nice vids! What were you pulling in the second one?

Powerfreak
05-25-10, 11:20 pm
Nice vids! What were you pulling in the second one?

That was 744lbs. at the WPO GNC Show Of Strength in Atlanta,GA

BryanSmash!
05-25-10, 11:25 pm
That was 744lbs. at the WPO GNC Show Of Strength in Atlanta,GA

Bad ass pull there!

Maccabee
05-26-10, 1:16 am
80 hr work week is insane man. That is not normal. How often do you have to go through that kind of work schedule?

Powerfreak
05-26-10, 1:26 am
80 hr work week is insane man. That is not normal. How often do you have to go through that kind of work schedule?

Thankfully not to fuckin' often, but with people gettin' fired or quittin' ya never know.
Looks like I have some good training days ahead though.

Brian Weston

ghost
05-26-10, 8:09 am
i want pictures of this new monolift!!!!!!!

Powerfreak
05-26-10, 7:05 pm
i want pictures of this new monolift!!!!!!!

UNFORTUNATELY. NOT A Mono-Lift, Just a power rack, but it will have to do.
I actually have a mono-lift, but it's in Oklahoma, I don't have a way to get it back right now.

FIRST SQUAT DAY TOMORROW!!!! Already preparing for it. Lots of carbs, Torrent, Pak,flex,etc. ( I make a gallon of Torrent and drink it all day, I don't like plain water.)

Brian Weston

ghost
05-26-10, 7:56 pm
UNFORTUNATELY. NOT A Mono-Lift, Just a power rack, but it will have to do.
I actually have a mono-lift, but it's in Oklahoma, I don't have a way to get it back right now.

FIRST SQUAT DAY TOMORROW!!!! Already preparing for it. Lots of carbs, Torrent, Pak,flex,etc. ( I make a gallon of Torrent and drink it all day, I don't like plain water.)

Brian Weston

hey Brian.......we have a way of getting it.... we can rent a U-Haul and drive that fucker back. ill come along for the ride!

Powerfreak
05-27-10, 1:08 pm
Well, I had a plan leading up to this day, but really wasn't sure how it would turn out.
Had my food in and my pre training drink ready, went in a little earlier than planned to get warmed up and stretched out.
I was hoping that somebody else would show up, but this didn't happen. Oh well, fuck it.
Here we go. Oh yeah, I had forgot that I had not walked weight out of a rack in about 7 years, so that was a bit of a shock! lol

135 2x6

225 2x3

315 2x3

405 2x1 Added belt and wrist wraps for the second set

495 1x1

605 1x1

I was only looking to go somewhere between 5-600, everything felt right so I just went for the 605....Smoked it ! I actually had pleny left in the tank, although I did puke afterwards.

I did not use knee wraps. Even in my previuos "geared" training cycles I would usually not use wraps until about 3 weeks out just to get used to them.

As far as depth, well, I don't believe in cheating myself, so the best I could tell they were all with-in range.
I have been doing this shit for a long time so you will just have to take my word on it.

Even though this was only my first squat day, I felt that with a good wrap and some preople in the gym to pump me up I could have been in the 7's, but all in good time. It's a long way til' Oct.23rd.

Brian Weston

BryanSmash!
05-27-10, 1:20 pm
Helluva first squat day! Nice work!

ghost
05-27-10, 1:29 pm
1st session back and already hitting over 600... fucking insane.

Powerfreak
05-28-10, 12:50 pm
My right shoulder and pec tie-in were both acing like hell today,probably due to my squat day yesterday. So I kept it real light and basically took it easy. Which I HATE!!

bar 5ets x 10

135 3x6

225 3x3

275 3x3

315 3x1

Pin presses in the power rack

set from just about 4 inches from where the bar would normally touch

225 x 4 sets x 8

I do a weird kind of incline dumbell fly that you would have to see rather than me trying to explain it.
done to stretch upper pec, and tie-ins

4 sets light

40lbs.x8

straight bar cable tricep pressdowns

100lbs. x4 setsx8

incline tate presses

55lbs. x4x8

Core work

standing rope cable crunch

6 sets 100lbs. x10

grappler

1 plate 5 sets x 10

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
06-07-10, 10:27 am
Ok....Hot as hell!!!
At this point I am still trying to figure out exactly what kind of program I am going to run.
I do know that I will have at least a week between each squat session, but I still need to figure out the set/rep ranges as well as weight %'s.
Also getting used to having weight on my Back again after such a long time with no squatting.

All squats are of course done RAW, belt only. Well,ok, I use wrist wraps also on the heavier sets.

This is how it went:

Bar 2 sets x10

135 2 sets x6

225 2 sets x6

315 1 set x3

405 2 sets x1

495 1set x1

605 1 set x1

655 1set x1

700...hehe, not this time.
I took the weight out of the rack, but it didn't feel "just" right, so yeah, I pussed out and put it back. lol

I am still a little freaked out with walking the weight out, and should probably slow down a bit with the poundage, but t he squat has always been my lift and I want it back.
At the same time I don't want to fuck myself up this early in the game, or at any time for that matter.

This raw training is 100% new to me, I am going to have to make sure and pay attention to detail to keep from getting hurt.
I need my squat to be HUGE for this meet,for as of right now my bench is horrendous,damn shoulder and pec are giving me a fit.
My deadlift training has been going pretty good , I am hoping that squatting again will also improve my pull.

Til' next time,

Brian Weston

ghost
06-07-10, 10:31 am
Hey Brian, nothing wrong with listening to your body, especially with 700 lbs on your back man.!

i know it is a long shot, but you are MORE than welcome out here for the weekend of the 26th. G Diesel is coming out for an abc. details are in the thread here...http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=10852&page=65

Powerfreak
06-07-10, 10:45 am
Hey Brian, nothing wrong with listening to your body, especially with 700 lbs on your back man.!

i know it is a long shot, but you are MORE than welcome out here for the weekend of the 26th. G Diesel is coming out for an abc. details are in the thread here...http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=10852&page=65

Thanks for the invite Brother, but finances and work schedule ain't gonna let it happen, but maybe next time.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
06-07-10, 3:54 pm
Ok....Hot as hell!!!
At this point I am still trying to figure out exactly what kind of program I am going to run.
I do know that I will have at least a week between each squat session, but I still need to figure out the set/rep ranges as well as weight %'s.
Also getting used to having weight on my Back again after such a long time with no squatting.

All squats are of course done RAW, belt only. Well,ok, I use wrist wraps also on the heavier sets.

This is how it went:

Bar 2 sets x10

135 2 sets x6

225 2 sets x6

315 1 set x3

405 2 sets x1

495 1set x1

605 1 set x1

655 1set x1

700...hehe, not this time.
I took the weight out of the rack, but it didn't feel "just" right, so yeah, I pussed out and put it back. lol

I am still a little freaked out with walking the weight out, and should probably slow down a bit with the poundage, but t he squat has always been my lift and I want it back.
At the same time I don't want to fuck myself up this early in the game, or at any time for that matter.

This raw training is 100% new to me, I am going to have to make sure and pay attention to detail to keep from getting hurt.
I need my squat to be HUGE for this meet,for as of right now my bench is horrendous,damn shoulder and pec are giving me a fit.
My deadlift training has been going pretty good , I am hoping that squatting again will also improve my pull.

Til' next time,

Brian Weston

Damn, I forgot to post the rest of it:

I finshed up with

495 2 sets x6

leg extensions

4 sets x 10 (stack)

leg curls

4 sets x10 (stack)

Core work

Standing cable cruches with tricep-rope

4 sets x 10 150lbs.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
06-08-10, 1:15 pm
I have not pulled from the floor in a couple of weeks....MISTAKE!

With work screwin' my schedule around, and bringing squats back into the mix, I let my deadlift training slide a little and got away from my original program, just as it was getting good.

Well now I gotta get it back in gear.
I did not go very heavy today, and did pretty much just a bunch of singles.

My form today was WAY off. The weight didn't feel heavy, just didn't feel right.
Some people can go with pulling only once a month, I ain't one of em'. I need to pull to stay in the groove.

Part of the problem could be that my CNS is still a little shot from squats and bench.
I am gonna have to change a few things to speed my recovery.

Anyway this is how it went:

135 x1 x6

225 x1 x6

315 x1 x3

405 x2 x1

495 x2 x1

545 x1x1

495x1

405x2x1

Barbell rows

275x4x6

Chuck V. pulls ( I saw Chuck doin these in a Westside vid) Stand at the lat pull machine, about 2-3feet back, using the little triangle handle thing (that you would use on low cable pulls) pull to chest.

I get a great stretch from these and it hits the back from a ,different angle.

4 sets 100lbs. x8

Core work

Grappler
1 plate 4 sets x10

Will be adding more weight to these next time around,2-3 plates

If you don't use these in your training you are relly missing out on a great core builder.

Well that's it for now, maybe a light shoulder day on thursday, mostly pt stuff.
Next squat day will most likely be Sunday, as my work schedule has once again changed, but it will give me plenty of rest (out of the gym) to get ready for squat day.

Brian Weston

Big Wides
06-08-10, 10:42 pm
Soild ass sessions so far, and no truer words could be spoken about the Grappler. Builds thick strong abs that support all three lifts.

Nice to see things starting to hit a stride bro.

Powerfreak
06-11-10, 6:29 am
Yeah, just need to bitch about something I guess. :)

Work schedule keeps getting changed around and interfearing with my training. (priorities?)
Have 2 new guys to train. One guy smahed into a concrete wall after just 15 min. on the loader...now just one new guy. Hehe. Dumbass.
I actually take advantage of the down time from the gym though. Get as much sleep as I can, (12hr shifts, and a 14 month old child) and get lots of food in.
Back in the gym sunday for squats again.
Been put back on day shifts so I will have to get used to training in the evening again, which I actually prefer, I am not a morning person.
Starting a new supplent regimen next week that should help some with recovery time.

About 19 weeks til' meet day, gotta make em' count

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
06-14-10, 2:16 pm
Hot as hell again.

RAW Squat

245x5

245x5

335x5

335x5

425x3 put on belt

515x3

605x3

425x5

425x5

425x5

At this point I was about to pass out so I called it a day

Brian Weston

BryanSmash!
06-15-10, 2:08 am
Nice squattin, hope it cools off for ya soon!

Powerfreak
06-15-10, 6:09 am
Well, my shoulder and pec seem to be healing up.
Hopefully soon I will be able to get back to a regular bench routine, but for right now I am going to continue to take it easy and gradually work my way back up.

This fucking heat is just sick. Even at work, while the loader I run is air conditioned, I was still hot as shit all day.
The "gym" I train at is in a steel building, we have ONE fan! Like a fuckin' sauna in there.
By the end of training my fingers were actually "pruned" up like I stayed in the pool too long. The chalk on my hands turned to fucking paste! LOL

Anyway, no heavy weight today. Just some light stuff, working to find a new grip that won't irritate my shoulder and pec.

bar 3 sets x10

135 3 sets x6

225 3 sets x6

275 5 sets x3

incline dumbbell flyes

60lbs. 4 sets x8

tricep straight bar pushdowns

120 4 sets x8

tricep v-bar pressdown

120 4 sets x8

Now probably 10lbs. lighter bodyweight I'd had enough.

Gonna try an pull on Wed.

I will also try and switch my training around so that I bench on Sat., squat on sunday, and then pull on wed. Hopefuly my work schedule will stay the same for awhile.

Brian Weston

ghost
06-15-10, 11:34 am
nice "light" session .haha. give me a call later if you want man.

Powerfreak
06-17-10, 5:45 am
Got to the gym today, three people already there, which in most gyms wouldn't be a problem, but here we have a very limited number of 45lb. plates.
So, if I am squatting or pulling there is an issue.
That made today a speed day.

135 2 sets x 8

225 2 sets x8

315 2sets x6

405 2 sets x1

405 6 sets x 5

Barbell rows

225 4 sets x8

Close/reverse grip lat pulls

150 4sets x8

Regular lat pulls

150 4 sets x 8

I am gonna have to revise my program AGAIN.
I think I will end up doing squats on Sat. and pulling on Sun.. If I can get in the gym early enough I shouldn't have to worry about not having enough plates.

Also, I have an umbilical hernia,(belly button) That I am keping an eye on.
I have had this for several years but it has gotten a little bigger. No pain or anything, and it really ain't too bad. I will look to have surgery right after my meet in Oct., I just have to be careful with it til' then.

Brian Weston

Thrawn
06-17-10, 5:53 am
Just found this thread.
The title put some butterflies in my gut =)

Subbed and along for this insane ride!!
And ofcourse ears on the ground to pick up anything i can learn!

Powerfreak
06-17-10, 8:35 am
Gonna be back in the gym on Sat. to squat. Already starting my meal and supp. prep. Hoping to have a monster day, and really get things moving.

Brian Weston

Thrawn
06-17-10, 8:43 am
Cant wait to see the kind of damage you are gonna do!
Take your numbers DOWN, Powerfreak!

Powerfreak
06-21-10, 5:43 am
Well, eneded up a little pressed for time today so didn't get in as much as I wanted.

245 2sets x10

335 1 set x5

425 sets x3

515 1 set x 3

605 1set x 2

515 4 sets x5

Then i had to go, but at least i got a little work in.

It will be better next time around

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
06-21-10, 5:51 am
I was hoping that here would be someone else in the gyn for lift offs, but it wasn't to be.
I guess being fathers day everyone stayed home, but to me it was bench day and i had to be there.

Warm up

bar 3 sets x 10

135 3 sets x6

225 3sets x 3

275 2sets x3

315 1 set x1

335 2 sets x 3

315 4 sets x 4

cable tricep press

2 different bars

4 sets each bar x 10

light dumbell incline press

60lbs. 4 sets x 10

core work

grappler 4sets x 10 1 plate

My shoulder and pec injury were both actually feeling pretty good today, just wish there had been someone else in the gym so i could have pushed a little harder I didn't want to risk screwing up my shoulder taking out too much weight, but overall it felt pretty good.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
06-21-10, 5:58 am
Well, eneded up a little pressed for time today so didn't get in as much as I wanted.

245 2sets x10

335 1 set x5

425 sets x3

515 1 set x 3

605 1set x 2

515 4 sets x5

Then i had to go, but at least i got a little work in.

It will be better next time around

Brian Weston

Looking to schedule a trip to Brute Strength Gym sometime in July. I want to get up there and use the Mono-lift so That I can better guage where my squat is right now.
Walking the weight out at my gym is taking alot of weight from my lift.

I should be able to push alot more if I don't have to walk it out. plus I will be using this same lift at the meet

When i go there I will have plenty of spotters so I will be able to go all out. should make for a really good day.

Brian Weston

Thrawn
06-21-10, 6:38 am
For a mere mortal is me; monstrous numbers =)
Solid workouts, putting in the work then go home for rest. The way its supposed to be.
Good to hear the injuries appear to be healing and are in check.

Cant wait to see what a session at Brute Strength will show for numbers...

BryanSmash!
06-21-10, 3:01 pm
Nice work, glad that shoulder is feelin good!

Powerfreak
06-23-10, 4:52 am
If you have ever seen the Longest yard (new or old one) you have seen the "hot box" that they throw people in for punishment. Well, if you were to throw some weights in there that would be my gym. HOLY FUCKING HOT!!!

Got stretched out a little and got started

135 2 sets x8

225 2 sets x6

315 2 sets x3

405 2 sets x 2

495 1 set x2

545 1set x2

At this point I couldn't see straight and was feeling lightheaded, nothing else would come off the floor.

Switched to barbell rows

275 3 sets x 8

That was it man, saw litle stars floating around and started to get chills. That was it for the day.

On an up note, I am planning on going to Brute Strength gym next weekend (4th of july) to squat on the mono-lift to better guage where my squat is at the moment. This is where my meet in Oct. ic being held and the same lift being used for the comp.
So hopefully nothing fucks up between now and then. i am really looking forward to it.

Brian Weston

ghost
06-23-10, 8:00 am
nice deads day man, and happy belated fathers day!

make sure to get some good video from brute strength!

BryanSmash!
06-23-10, 12:39 pm
Get pullin! Get a fan in there or something lol.

Maccabee
06-23-10, 11:45 pm
I see that you do 2 sets for each of your warm ups. Have you always done that or is it because it takes longer to warm up for you?

Powerfreak
06-24-10, 4:56 am
I see that you do 2 sets for each of your warm ups. Have you always done that or is it because it takes longer to warm up for you?

Yeah, I'm gettin' kinda old. lol Takes me awhile to get warmed up.
If it just weren't so damn hot I could get alot more out of my working sets.
I am starting to get in a little better shape now so that should be picking up.

i guess most would call what I do kind of a "pyramid", but I really don't "count" anything til' I get to my first "heavy" or heaviest set.

Really looking forward to going to Brute Strength next week. Hope nothing jumps up to bite me in the ass to fuck it up.
Gonna see if I can arrange to have some video shot of that training day. It will be my first day back on a Mono-lift in a LONG time.

Brian Weston

Maccabee
06-24-10, 10:00 am
Yeah, I'm gettin' kinda old. lol Takes me awhile to get warmed up.
If it just weren't so damn hot I could get alot more out of my working sets.
I am starting to get in a little better shape now so that should be picking up.

i guess most would call what I do kind of a "pyramid", but I really don't "count" anything til' I get to my first "heavy" or heaviest set.

Really looking forward to going to Brute Strength next week. Hope nothing jumps up to bite me in the ass to fuck it up.
Gonna see if I can arrange to have some video shot of that training day. It will be my first day back on a Mono-lift in a LONG time.

Brian Weston

Thank you for answering my question. I am looking forward to the video. Peace.

Powerfreak
06-24-10, 4:01 pm
Well, we have decided that traveling to Norfolk/Virginia beach on 4th of July weekend may not be the brightest idea.
The following week they are holding a USAPL meet at the gym, so I would not really be able to train.
So it looks like we will be shooting for the next week which I believe will be the 16th.
The people at Brute Strength are great and told me I could come up whenever I wished.
I am also going to see if they will shoot the video of the training session.

I would love to be able to hit between 750 -800 for this session, that would put me WAY ahead of the game right now.

Not having to walk the weight out should make a huge difference. We shall see I guess.

I am a little bummed about postponing this, but it will just be a mad house in that area for the 4th. Not to mention motel prices will probably double.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
06-29-10, 4:43 pm
135 x1x10

225 x1x 6

315 x1 x5

405 x1x 5

495 x1x 3

605 x1x2

655x1x1

That's it for today

Brian Weston

T o m m Y
06-29-10, 4:44 pm
Nice!!

Powerfreak
06-29-10, 4:45 pm
bar 3 sets x10

135 3 sets x 6

225 2 sets x5

275 2sets x3

315 2 sets x2

335 1 set x1

355 1set x1

365 1set x1

385 1 set x1

Tricep work

8- 10 sets cable pressdowns with various bars

4 sets tate presses 60lbs.

Brian Weston

TheAnima!Packist
06-29-10, 6:08 pm
dude sweet numbers, subbed waiting for the magic 1000 to happen.

Late, Pack

Powerfreak
07-08-10, 9:32 am
Been kind of a crazy week. Getting to the gym on odd days.
Work schedule fucked again, and the car is falling apart.

Anyway this was my bench day

bar 3 sets x10

135 2 sets x 10

225 2 sets x5

275 1 set x2

315 1 set x2

335 1x1

365 1x1

405 1x2

315 3 sets x5

Did misc. tricep work after this and got the hell out of the hot box.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
07-08-10, 9:38 am
Temp outside is 105, in the gym 120.

I should have came in earlier but was having car issues.

Just too damn hot, so I did a light day.

bar 2sets x8

135 1 set x5

225 1 set x5

315 `1 set x5

405 1set x 3

4 sets x 3

It was as if the air had turned into soup, or like trying to breath with your hand pressed over your mouth.

That was enough for the day

Gonna try and pull tomorrow.

Brian Weston

TheAnima!Packist
07-08-10, 10:01 am
Damn brother that sucks coming out of the blowhole like that. Good job staying with it though, I would fucking die in that shit.

Late, Pack

Powerfreak
07-08-10, 12:27 pm
Got in a little early to try and beat the heat.

Standing lat puls to stretch out and warm up

Pulls

135 1x6

225 2x5

315 1x3

405 1x2

495 1x1

585 1x1 At this point people started coming into the gym, and I had all of the 45's so I dropped down to 495 for one last set of 5 and then moved on.
Next time i will start with the 100's so that will free up a couple of 45's for others.

Next was 4 sets barbell rows

then finished with 4 sets standing close grip lat pulls.

Brian Weston

BryanSmash!
07-08-10, 12:54 pm
Great pullin! Hope it was a little cooler for ya today!

Powerfreak
07-09-10, 8:17 am
Our car situation has gotten worse.
don't have a final on it yet, but it looks as though i will be doing alot of walking/hitch hiking from here on out.

Main concern is making sure I can get to my meet in Oct.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
07-14-10, 4:54 am
Lesson for the day....STAY HYDRATED!!!!!!!!

Went to the gym after work.
Planned on doing some rack pulls to change things up a little, haven't done them in some time.
That was part of the problem.

The other was that I drankk NO water the entire day. Just four fukking cokes.

I was just getting through my warm-ups. On about the third set, weight was 515, not exactly heavy.
Grabbed the bar (double overhand) and pulled. Just before the lockout, rriiipppp! it kinda sounds/feels like tearing a sheet or something (in your head). FUUUUK!!!

It's not a real bad tear, but enough to be painfull, and I am gonna have to train around it for a little bit.

Went to the doctor, although there really ain't alot they can do. Just the normal ice,heat protocol, and of course the pain meds :).

So I went home pissed off, took a bunch of percocet and proceeded to drool on myself the rest of the evening.
I am currently reading Tom Clancy's "Rainbow Six", I think I must have read the same damn page ten times. LOL

Anyway, this should'nt effect my squat, but pulling and bench might be an issue for a bit.
I have done this exact same thing in the past. More annoying than anything.
Hopefully I should be healed up in a week or two.

So, to anyone out t here who may read this, DRNK LOTS OF WATER, stay hydrated and hopefully this won't happen to you!

Brian Weston

Maccabee
07-14-10, 6:52 am
I had no idea that could happen from not drinking water. This sucks.

So how do you heal a tricep tear? Will you have to get surgery? Its probably bruised all over.

charlievanriper
07-14-10, 7:24 am
Lesson for the day....STAY HYDRATED!!!!!!!!

Went to the gym after work.
Planned on doing some rack pulls to change things up a little, haven't done them in some time.
That was part of the problem.

The other was that I drankk NO water the entire day. Just four fukking cokes.

I was just getting through my warm-ups. On about the third set, weight was 515, not exactly heavy.
Grabbed the bar (double overhand) and pulled. Just before the lockout, rriiipppp! it kinda sounds/feels like tearing a sheet or something (in your head). FUUUUK!!!

It's not a real bad tear, but enough to be painfull, and I am gonna have to train around it for a little bit.

Went to the doctor, although there really ain't alot they can do. Just the normal ice,heat protocol, and of course the pain meds :).

So I went home pissed off, took a bunch of percocet and proceeded to drool on myself the rest of the evening.
I am currently reading Tom Clancy's "Rainbow Six", I think I must have read the same damn page ten times. LOL

Anyway, this should'nt effect my squat, but pulling and bench might be an issue for a bit.
I have done this exact same thing in the past. More annoying than anything.
Hopefully I should be healed up in a week or two.

So, to anyone out t here who may read this, DRNK LOTS OF WATER, stay hydrated and hopefully this won't happen to you!

Brian Weston

Brian sorry to hear, that totally sucks man, So its happened before how long should that limit you as far as Your meets? does it take you out of any important ones.

Well get some rest and come back hard brother.

Powerfreak
07-14-10, 7:24 am
I had no idea that could happen from not drinking water. This sucks.

So how do you heal a tricep tear? Will you have to get surgery? Its probably bruised all over.

Being dehydrated can definitely lead to a tear. Remember, muscle is contains alot of water.
Dehydration can also lead to mild to severe cramping.
Something to keep in mind, the heart is also a muscle, and if that "cramps", guess what?, BAD News.

Fortunately this is not a complete tear. Fairly minor really, and I have had plenty.
Boyh biceps tendons torn off the bone. Never had them repaired. Biceps are basically just a show muscle, and the damage has never affected my lifting.

This tear will most likely heal pretty fast as long as I don't train the area directly.
In the past it usually took a week or two.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
07-26-10, 10:49 am
225 x5

315x5

405x5

495x5

605x5

Will be going to Norfolk next weekend-----DEFINITE

probably be heading there for the majority of my squat days from here on out, til the meet.

Supposed to have video set up also.

Brian Weston

Thrawn
07-26-10, 11:03 am
The kind of numbers i dream about =)
Hows the tear?

Powerfreak
07-26-10, 11:56 am
The kind of numbers i dream about =)
Hows the tear?

Weight felt really good on my back, even having to walk out.
At Brute Strength Gym next week I will be back on a mono-lift, so the weight should improve signifigantly.
I could have went heavier this weekend but I was about all sweated out, damn gym is like a sauna.

As for the tear, being the fukkin' hardhead that I am I tried to pull again.anted to try a wider stance. Felt fine to 315, then went to 405. Weight felt light, but then half way up damn thing started to go again, so it looks like I will have to lay off pulling for a couple of weeks, but I think it will be ok come meet time.

Just chomping at t he bit to squat Saturday. Gonna start carbing up on thursday then get a good bloat on by Sat and hopefully tear some shit up.
Looking to get some good video, as long as I don't suck,lol and maybe get it up on Powerliftingwatch.com.

Brian Weston

C.Coronato
07-26-10, 1:42 pm
On track for that Grand brotha? Would be awesome to see.

TheAnima!Packist
07-26-10, 2:37 pm
Yea I can't wait for him to get that G

Powerfreak
07-27-10, 4:49 am
On track for that Grand brotha? Would be awesome to see.

I will have a better idea of where I am in relation to 1000 after this weekend's training.
Being on a mono-lift should make a huge difference. it is also the same lift that will be used at the meet in October.
I will also have a better Idea wher I will be for the meet.

Brian Weston

C.Coronato
07-27-10, 10:14 am
Awesome bro, good luck this weekend then!

Powerfreak
07-30-10, 9:31 am
I forgot to post my last bench day, so here it is.

warm-up just bar 3x10

135 2x8

225 2x5

275 2x3

315 2x3

335 2x3

335 1x6

335 1x3

Was suppsoed to be 5 sets of 3 but I was getting bored so I doubled up on one set leaving only one set to do.

Close grip bench

275 3x8

tricep cable press

v-bar 3 sets x8

straight bar 3 sets x8

This is the beginning of my last cycle leading up to the meet.

Heading to Brute Strength tomorrow to squat. Just shy of 3 hours away, but well worth it. The gym and the people are incredible.
Supposed to have spotters and video ready to go. supposed to be someone there to wrap my knees, but I haven't had wraps on in almost 3 years. Haven't decided wether or not I will use them. In the past I didn't put wraps on til' about three weeks out.
Hopefully I don't suck.

Been waiting to get back to this gym for months.

I will post the results as soon as I can.

Brian Weston

bigrobb
07-30-10, 10:04 am
Good luck bro show them what someone over 40 can do I will be watchin the posts to see how you are doing keep the Animal alive.L&R bigrobb

charlievanriper
07-30-10, 10:26 am
Hey Powerfreak whens the next meet?
Freaking powerful Chest day bro.

look forward to seeing the results from this weekends training, Should be some crazy numbers.

Powerfreak
07-30-10, 11:45 am
Hey Powerfreak whens the next meet?
Freaking powerful Chest day bro.

look forward to seeing the results from this weekends training, Should be some crazy numbers.

Thanks.
Meet day is Oct.23rd

Powerfreak
08-03-10, 2:05 pm
This is a little late since the vids are already posted in "The Pit" section.

Finally made it to Brute Strength gym to squat.
I wasn't sure how things were gonna go.

We stopped at the IHOP on the way for a pre-training chow down. They have this kinda sampler thing with like 2 of everything and a side of french toast.
I told the waitress "I want that.......x2. Looked at me like I was nuts and then asked if I wanted the 2nd order to go, I told her "no, I will eat it all now thank you" and I did. Good stuff.
I got to the gym about an hour early so i had some time to let the food digest. I weighed in at 267.8. Don't know if I will make it to 242 by Oct., but then I ain't really tryin' either.

They arranged to have spotters for me, and Stella operated the lift.

It took a couple of minutes for me to get used to the lift again, probably about 2 exactly.
Although my stance seems to be a little narrow. I believe that is do to lifting RAW, I am used to having a suit to sit back into, so this might take a few more sessions before I find my groove.

Anyway, the weight felt pretty good on my back so I took my usual 90lb jumps.
The bar was 55lbs. Nice to be able to use a real squat bar again.(this will be the same equipment used at the meet)

went like this:

bar 3 sets x8

145 2 sets x6

235 2sets x 4

325 1 set x2

415 2sets x2

505 1x1

595 1x1

685 1x1

775.....didin't feel right so I just racked it and called it a day, then it was off to Joe's Crab Shack some food a double shot of Grey Goose and a Sam Adams.

Looking to head back next week and every 2 weeks after that til' meet time.

Brain Weston

Powerfreak
08-05-10, 1:59 pm
Well, I was going to wait til' next week to go back to Brute, but now I am spoiled and just can't wait.
I am going back this weekend. I want to get as much time up there as I can.
Just can't beat squatting with a mono-lift, especially when it is the same one that will be used at the meet.
It's also nice to have spotters. That is rare at the gym at home.
A/C is another nice thing to have when the heat index is over 110. My little gym has NO A/C! I went to do some back work yesterday and was sweating so much my damn fingers pruned up.

Anyway, I hope tp do a little better this time out. I may wrap my knees for this round and give 800 a ride.
Hopefully we can get some more vids.

Brian Weston

Thrawn
08-05-10, 2:07 pm
Great stuff, brother. And i blinked twice when i read you did that squatting raw... massive weight...

Interesting to read: your stance appears to be a bit narrow because you wear no suit... i am trying to tweak my stance a bit lately. And a wider stance feels better when going down. But i appear to miss my usual 'oomph' coming out the hole. Narrowing my stance makes me feel less confident tho.
What is your take on this, Brian? Does this sound familiar or is this just me still not having found my 'groove'...

Powerfreak
08-05-10, 2:32 pm
Great stuff, brother. And i blinked twice when i read you did that squatting raw... massive weight...

Interesting to read: your stance appears to be a bit narrow because you wear no suit... i am trying to tweak my stance a bit lately. And a wider stance feels better when going down. But i appear to miss my usual 'oomph' coming out the hole. Narrowing my stance makes me feel less confident tho.
What is your take on this, Brian? Does this sound familiar or is this just me still not having found my 'groove'...

Sounds like ya need to find your groove.
I am so used to geared lifting that raw has thrown my groove way out of wack. I usually have a pretty wide stance with a suit,and could sit back into the suit.(Leviathan) Now, without it I have to get my confidence up a little and strengthen my hips some to take up the slack with no suit.

For your issue you may want to drop the weight a little and let your hips "catch up"

I am going to work on my stance some more this weekend, hope to have some vids.

Brian Weston

Thrawn
08-05-10, 2:41 pm
That may just explain why i sometimes feel tired at the hip area and the outside of the legs...
Thanks, Brian.
Lately i have been doing more reps then usual with lower weight. And, with your info in mind, it might just be that my hips need more conditioning / strength. Maybe i overthink the problem, blame it on stance and its just the hips... interesting idea. I will put work into that.

Thanks again, Brian.

Thrawn
08-06-10, 7:58 am
I might have solved the problem. Today was deload day for squats, so i had some good opportunity to try a few small changes in stance and see if there was difference in feel.
Narrowing in my stance a bit did bring back my confident feel when being in the hole. I HAVE been overthinking things too much. I checked some older vids and my stance had been growing a bit wider lately, without me noticing it.
I only needed to bring it in a little bit to have my 'old feel' back.

Sometimes we just look in the wrong places for the answers.

Thanks, Brian! Without your reference to your stance vs suit i probably wouldnt have found it yet.

Powerfreak
08-06-10, 1:42 pm
I might have solved the problem. Today was deload day for squats, so i had some good opportunity to try a few small changes in stance and see if there was difference in feel.
Narrowing in my stance a bit did bring back my confident feel when being in the hole. I HAVE been overthinking things too much. I checked some older vids and my stance had been growing a bit wider lately, without me noticing it.
I only needed to bring it in a little bit to have my 'old feel' back.

Sometimes we just look in the wrong places for the answers.

Thanks, Brian! Without your reference to your stance vs suit i probably wouldnt have found it yet.

Glad ya got that figured out. Sometimes it's the little shit that slides under the radar.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
08-06-10, 1:49 pm
Good news today. I just received word that OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT will be providing me with all of there latest powerlifting gear.

This is a new company, but the owner Rudy Rosales has been around the game for a long time, and actually coached a guy that beat me twice in meets, Jose Garcia. Who is also a sponsored lifter.

This company is on the cutting edge with new designs and materials. squat suits,bench shirts,deadlift suits,briefs etc.

I am looking forward to getting into this new gear after this raw meet.

Brian Weston

Thrawn
08-07-10, 6:48 am
Glad ya got that figured out. Sometimes it's the little shit that slides under the radar.

Brian Weston

Exactly.

Good news today. I just received word that OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT will be providing me with all of there latest powerlifting gear.

This is a new company, but the owner Rudy Rosales has been around the game for a long time, and actually coached a guy that beat me twice in meets, Jose Garcia. Who is also a sponsored lifter.

This company is on the cutting edge with new designs and materials. squat suits,bench shirts,deadlift suits,briefs etc.

I am looking forward to getting into this new gear after this raw meet.

Brian Weston

Congratulations, that is GREAT news!

Powerfreak
08-08-10, 7:25 am
Went back to Brute Strength this weekend. Wasnot supposed to back til' next week but the opportunity arose to I jumped at it.

Took the wife and kid with me this time out, long ride for a 16mo. old but he actually did pretty good.

Anyway, I decided to wrap my knees this time once over 600lbs.
this is how it went.

warm up /stretch out

145 x2 x6

235 2x6

325 2x5

415 1x2

505 1x1

595 1x1

705 1x1 (added wraps)

755 1x1

Was having some trouble with the wraps. The guy wrpping me had never wrapped me before so he wasn't getting it quite right, but that takes some time to dial in.
The wraps were getting buched behind my knees and were giving me a fit with getting down. The 705 was way high but felt good, and the 755 was damn close.

We will be going back next week. Hopefully we can get the wraps situation fixed. I want to shoot for 800 next week. That was the planned weight for the meet,but if I can hit it this far out (10 weeks) maybe I can be closer to 900 come meet day.

We did get some video but I haven't seen it posted yet, as soon as it is I will get it on here.

Brian Weston

BryanSmash!
08-08-10, 3:14 pm
Great numbers, glad you're getting the opportunity to train in that Monolift!

Powerfreak
08-09-10, 9:53 am
Great numbers, glad you're getting the opportunity to train in that Monolift!

Thanks Bro'.
Definitely nice to be able to train at BSG.

Squat seems to be moving along. Still tweaking my form a bit.
Not sure on the bench and pull righ now. haven't really hit them hard since my tricep tear (slight, but annoying) should start training them again this week.
I am gaonna try to squat and bench (or pull) on the days when I go to BSG to get the most out of my time there.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
08-14-10, 9:25 am
well we are in norfolk, just had breakfast, gonna relax awhile and head to the gym.

From what I was told yesterday they are going to have video set up for a live stream for the training today,but I don't know where it will be streaming to damn it!

Also said that the meet in Oct. will have a live video stream. Ho[e to know to where by then.

Possibly to Powerlifting watch.com

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
08-14-10, 4:01 pm
finished training a little while ago.
It was streaming live on ustream, but I don't know how to make the damn thing start over.
I beleive the link is on Powerliftingwatch.

There where a bunch of strongman competitors doing their thing,...crazy shit.
Probably alot more fun to watch than my squats.

Anyway, I got warmed up and just kept on adding 45's on each set. got to 705 and added wraps, felt good and got to depth. Jumped right to 800. This is the first time I have had this much weight on my back in like 3 years. The weight felt pretty good, but I second guessed my stance on the set up and pulled it in. That fucked me. I got about half way down and realized what I had done and cut it and racked it.

At least I had it on my back and it didn't kill me, so next week I will come back and bury it.

Brian Weston

BryanSmash!
08-14-10, 5:44 pm
800 is remarkable raw, even to just have on your back. I was looking on powerliftingwatch.com for the stream but didnt see it anywhere, whats the name its under?

norrim1
08-14-10, 5:49 pm
Try this link. After the advertisement I was able to view it:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8925444

I looked through the video several times. During the first few seconds, someone is getting off a bench or something with a black shirt and dark socks. It looks like it could be Brian. Unfortunately I think that's the only time you see him. Maybe the camera cut him off or something.

Thrawn
08-15-10, 3:06 am
You WILL get it, Brian!
Your body remembers, it has been there before. You just have to get all the pieces of the puzzle together at the same time. Nothing you cant handle, you already know what went wrong.
705 without any aid... *jaw drops*
800 on your back... mindboggling.

Powerfreak
08-15-10, 9:03 am
yeah well,

I got to ride im a police car........ the front seat fukkers! they gave me a ride back to the hotel, about 30 min. drive. I rode with someone to the bar, not sure who, some wedding party or some shit. yeah wedding crashers, thats me. Hahahaha! some cool bar in Virginia beach. Lots of other inappropriate things for the children.

I will try and figure out the ustream thing and get back to ya'll

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
08-16-10, 6:49 am
I have no damn idea what happened to the video. I looked at the link, and where it starts is after I had completed my squats.
i saw them recording my lifts, but I don't know where the footage is.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
08-18-10, 7:47 am
Well, I found out t hat they were not "recording" when I was training....DAMN IT!! Anyway,
I will be heading back to Brute this weekend for yet another squat session.

Looking to get some big weight on my back and will try yet again to get some video.

Also, I will start pulling again after I squat. I have taken abou 3-4 weeks off from it, though last week I did test the tricep a little, and went up to 405. I didn't feel any pain, and the weight was if it wasn't even there, but I don't want to push too hard too soon.

I think I could pull upwards of 600 without training if I had to, but we will see how it goes this week.

Hopefully if this meet goes well I can pull some of my sponsors back on line.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
08-19-10, 8:11 am
Went to train bench last night at my local "GYM". For whatever reason it is getting harder for me to train here. I just don't like it. Fucking HOT, equipment is old and abused, but it does beat a blank, and has helped on my return to the platform.
Lately it seems if this gym has it out for me. A few weeks ago I suffered a small tricep tear doing rack pulls, and then last night I had a pec tear. Although this is not a major tear, it is close enough to meet time that it WILL fuck up my benching ability, probably I am thinking by about 100lbs.

I am also starting to think this whole Raw thing just ain't for me. I have been lifting geared since I started in the sport, now that I have been training raw, I am starting to rack up these damn injuries.

I said I was going to do this meet raw, and I will. I just need to post a good (actually GREAT) squat, and go from there.

My squat training has been going well (KNOCK ON WOOD) to this point, and it is starting to look as though a lift of 800+ may be in the cards.

While this would help my total, there are still the bench and pull, and I have just begun to try and pull again. (last week,405, with no tricep pain).

I have never been a good loser. Don't get me wrong, I would never make a scene or act like an asshole to another lifter or show bad sportsmanship, but that don't mean I like it.
I once read/heard somewhere " you show me a good loser, and I will show you......a loser"

Even with these injuries/set backs I am still determined to WIN.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
08-23-10, 10:53 am
So, I squatted again at Brute Strength,

Went pretty well.

Warm-up

145 x3

235 x3

325 x2

415 x2

505 x1

595 x1

705 x1

755 x1

Video is posted in the pit

Brian Weston

Thrawn
08-23-10, 10:58 am
So, I squatted again at Brute Strength,

Went pretty well.

Warm-up

145 x3

235 x3

325 x2

415 x2

505 x1

595 x1

705 x1

755 x1

Video is posted in the pit

Brian Weston

I have seen them already and i can say they are KILLER. If you wanna see 700+ raw squats with insane speed... Brian is the man to do it for ya.

Powerfreak
08-23-10, 1:31 pm
I have seen them already and i can say they are KILLER. If you wanna see 700+ raw squats with insane speed... Brian is the man to do it for ya.

Thanks......AGAIN Brother.
Hopefully they still move that fast in the 800's.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
11-03-10, 10:18 am
A bit late getting around to this. The meet was on Oct 23rd at Brute Strength Gym.
I lifted in the men's open and masters 308 class Raw division

Opening squat 755 (did not wait for squat command, red lights)

2nd attempt 755 whites

passed on third, just didn't feel like it.

Bench-
with many shoulder,pec and tricep issues I did not think this was going to go well
opener 325 easy

2nd 365 easy

3rd 407. something easy. had alot more in the tank, just no more attempts

deadlift
opener 601 easy

passed on last 2 attempts cramping

1st place 308 open Raw
1st place 308 masters(40-44) Raw

Left a ton of weight on the platform.

Won't be doing any more raw meets

Next meet will be March 12th at Brute Strength Gym full Power FUL GEAR Looking for a Big total here.

Brian Weston
sponsored by:
OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT

BryanSmash!
11-03-10, 4:27 pm
Glad to have ya back! Great numbers, especially raw!

Thrawn
11-03-10, 7:21 pm
HUGE numbers! Easy first places, Brian!
Did you have a sort of 'feeling off' day? Not going for your third squat, benching could have been higher, cramping on your deads? I mean, i am not dissing you at all. Just get the idea you didnt have your best day?

widdlewade44
11-03-10, 7:25 pm
Congrats and good luck with your training brother.

Kevin
widdlewade44