PDA

View Full Version : Calf tip

Legacy
05-08-10, 10:35 pm
There is a professional bodybuilder (INBF or WNBF, I forget) at my gym and I was talking to him about calves today and thought I would share his tip. When training calves, and I know I am as guilty as anyone, a lot of people either point there toes in and out and straight to hit different angles on the calf. One thing he showed me was instead of pointing the toes in diff directions, keep them straight, but put pressure on different parts, such as the outside of the toes or the inside. I tried it today for slow and controlled reps and felt a really good and different stimulation. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Dash
05-10-10, 9:07 am
I have been training calves this way for a long time, slow and steady...at a certain point it became less and less about the weight, and more and more about maintaining the stress throughout the entire rep. The positioning and the angle of the motion definately creates different tensions.

I see alot of guys load a ton of weight and bounce up and down on their toes for 8 reps...but for me, my calves have always responded better to less weight and painfully slow reps. (Hamstrings the same way...I've been told watching me train hams/calves is like watching paint dry lol)

-Dash