PDA

View Full Version : Awesome, cheap yogurt protein dinner

zbrewha863
05-10-10, 9:47 am
I didn't know what to call this dish, but it is awesome. Right now I have a bunch of protein powder I got for cheap (isolate), flavor is vanilla. I know a lot of people don't buy vanilla protein, but that's the greatest part of this whole thing -- it's cheap. There are almost constant sales on vanilla protein if you know where to look, I got 5lb. tubs of whey isolate for $30. Anyway, here it is:

2 scoops whey isolate -- 50g protein, 7g fat, 3g carbs, 300kcal
16oz Dannon All Natural Plain Yogurt -- 18g protein, 16g fat, 24g carbs, 320kcal
Cinnamon to taste - no nutritional value

Total: 620kcal, 68g protein, 23g fat, 27g carbs

I just pour it all into a bowl, mix it up with a spoon, and go to town. You could also use a blender if your protein doesn't blend well -- mine still has little clumps sometimes, but I'm not a p***y so I eat it anyway. It tastes like a cinnamon vanilla mousse, if I owned a restaurant I would serve this as a dessert.

It is very filling, after I eat this I'm not hungry for at least 5 hours. You could substitute casein protein and have a great dinner that will keep working for you while you catch some Zs.

The best part is that, with the protein basically costing me $0.50/scoop, the entire thing costs like $2 to make.

G Diesel
05-10-10, 10:41 am
I like it bro... Tasty and packed with protein and healthy bacteria good for overall digestion.

Peace, G

Girevik 69
05-10-10, 10:50 am
I concur with Diesel... this is a brilliant idea, bro.

Girevik 69
05-10-10, 10:52 am
It is very filling, after I eat this I'm not hungry for at least 5 hours. You could substitute caesin protein and have a great dinner that will keep working for you while you catch some Zs.

Or, you could stick with the whey, and rely on the casein naturally occuring in the yogurt.

NaturalTrainee
05-10-10, 11:54 am
That's it, this is an excellent pre bed meal. The casein in the yogurt will cause slow consumption of whey, thus making it great. Simple, quick, cheap. Add some honey.

CaeserKahn76
05-21-10, 8:45 am
Just to let you know i followed your recipe last night before bed and it was great but i made too much, and was planning on chowing down today. Anyway, we got some sunshine today in england(as rare as leprechauns) and i was hot as the sun, so i stuck the mixture in a ice cube tray to freeze. Just had some on their own after some salmon and veg and they were great.Proper refreshing!! thanks for the idea man.

derekppal
05-21-10, 11:39 am
Take a look at using greek yogurt, it has almost double the protein. It doesn't cost much more and is a little thicker. I mix it with protein for breakfast everyday.

holdmyown
06-12-10, 9:27 pm
Take a look at using greek yogurt, it has almost double the protein. It doesn't cost much more and is a little thicker. I mix it with protein for breakfast everyday.

Greek yogurt is so good, I buy the big containers of vanilla and just add honey

Girevik 69
06-13-10, 9:38 am

Greek yogurt is awesome.

Kefir is good, too. I've added vanilla protein powder to plain kefir--makes a hearty, protein-rich beverage.

smithdsouza
06-15-10, 2:48 am
Your recipe is good , Greek yoghurt provides us lot of protein. It seems to be very simple and will be ready in minutes time and is very heavy that no one will fell hungry for hours of time.

mnmvilla2002
06-15-10, 3:37 am
I use four yougurts from the chow hall. Not sure of the macro due to it be local stuff. I'm in Iraq. I add two scoops of protein and enjoy. It is great to eat at the end of a hot 120+ day.

zenkarman
06-18-10, 3:31 am
Hello Guys,

I prefer in my dinner on my daily basis.
See here the common protein and rich foods can include:

Milk with butter
Soy Milk
Eggs
Peanut Butter
Beans
Grains, including bread and pasta
Nuts and Seeds

thanks !!

asleegyle
06-21-10, 9:45 am
There are many people who don't like vanilla flavour but I am not one of them.I like vanilla flavour and I use to have different items of vanilla flavour.It is also very cheap that I know but more important thing is it's contain big amount of protein.