PDA

View Full Version : Very Confused!

Joe J
05-11-10, 2:29 pm
Hello brothers, I'm being put in a very confusing position to try and get the best out of my diet! I have been looking over carb cycling and it's uses for helping get my body fat lower yet retain and even build muscle over a period of time. I've worked out my BMR, and amounts of protein and carbs i should be consuming differently over periods of days, and it is far too complicated for my lifestyle! Is it all really worth it? I am only 16 years old, and my daily diet looks like this, and rarely ever changes, except for a few cheats at the weekend:

6:15 - wake up - one pint of water + half an hour fasted run.
7:00 - 3 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, one slice brown bread + a little sauce. 1 cup whole bran flakes.
11:10 - 8 oz chicken + handful of lettuce
1:00 - 8 oz chicken + half cup cottage cheese
4:00 - one banana + 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
6:00 - post workout protein
8:30 - one can tuna + 2 large sweet potatoes + green veggies
10:00 - cassein protein shake

Are there any simple adjustments i should make to this to keep lowering my body fat? Thanks!

LegendKillerJosh
05-11-10, 2:40 pm
how much do you weigh right now and how much do you want to get down to?

Joe J
05-11-10, 2:44 pm
I weigh 76kg and im currently trying to get my body fat as low as possible, im not concerned about weight

LegendKillerJosh
05-11-10, 2:48 pm
Then I say just keep lifting heavy, the added muscle will eat away fat because as you gain muscle mass you will burn more calories per day just to be alive. If you weigh just 76kg and are concerned about body fat I am guessing (and correct me if I'm wrong) that you don't have very much muscle mass on your frame.

Aggression
05-11-10, 2:53 pm
Is it all really worth it? I am only 16 years old

Honestly, that's a question only you can answer dude. When I was 16, I didn't even know was a 'diet' was. I was still eating whatever, whenever I wanted, playing basketball, baseball, and anything else I could get my hands on. I didn't really pick up a weight and start to really 'train' until I was around 18.

When it comes to shedding body fat, its all about making minor adjustments to your diet. If what you have now works, stay with it until you plateau. Then drop the carbs in your 8:30 meal. See what happens after a week. Also, increase cardio during this time. As the weeks go on, you have to slowly make minor adjustments to keep the body on its toes.

Joe J
05-11-10, 2:55 pm
I am only 10% body fat at the moment, but i really want to chisel out. I have a fair share of muscle of my frame. Thanks for all the advice

Machine
05-11-10, 8:23 pm
If I read correctly; I understand that you are 16 years old. You are truly lucky to have your whole training career in front of you.

DO NOT let this technical shit get you twisted. Listen to me...drop the complexity factor of your feeding by about a factor of 10. Dont worry about all these Park Avenue Trainer terms that are way too complicated for a man of your athletic factors. Let your physicality take its natural aggressive pathway...Dont eat crazy amounts of protein, dont drink crazy amounts of water, your eating like you are getting paid $3,000 a week to maintain "photoshoot" condition.

Trust me your goals are size, strength, athleticism, and overall health...and that includes MENTAL HEALTH.

I only caution you in this manner because I have been down the road of too much science and not enough instinct and soul. If you want to PM me we can kick around some nutrition 101...good luck my brother.

MACHINE

C.Coronato
05-12-10, 9:16 am
If you want to PM me we can kick around some nutrition 101...good luck my brother.

MACHINE

Thats the best advise you could get Joe J .. listen to him.

Funky
05-12-10, 9:23 am
Thats the best advise you could get Joe J .. listen to him.

Agreed! He is a PRO for a reason!

Joe J
05-12-10, 1:38 pm
Thankyou so much for the advice, it's really helped me. :)