PDA

View Full Version : Am I a man?

Growin
05-13-10, 1:18 am
So my journey begins here; no clue of heritage, no idea of potential. Some one told me once that leadership is like a relay race; bad leaders pass shit off to those following but good leaders run till their legs give out or until those they're training overtake them. To be the best leader, you must be able to first lead yourself. So I got a goal.
I'm Scottish but have never been there and now I can't wait to go; Clach Cuid Fir keeps screaming in my head. It was a right of passage for a kid to grip this awkward piece of rock and pick it up to your waist. Shit my right of passage was mowin the fuckin lawn. Crazy thing is some tanks head over there and pick some of these over their heads! SHIT! So it's set. I can't lift for shit now but I'm more determined that ever. I'm not going to play around in a jungle gym of iron, swinging from artificial trees, pretending to know what the hell I'm doing, NO. Now it's different. I need to know. In 5 years time I'm going to end up in Scotland glancin down at these stones of heritage, stones that tell me what I am. To the waist, the chest, the shoulder, or over my bloody head, what story will these stones say of me when I leave? Am I a man, or am I a fuckin animal.

Animal Rep
05-18-10, 2:08 pm
Solid post. Wheres the journey?

AntoineV
05-19-10, 10:04 pm
Great post. Rip it bro.

BryanSmash!
05-21-10, 1:23 am
Which stones are you going to lift?

Growin
05-22-10, 2:12 am
Journey is taking me to Scotland in December 2012. We'll that's the plan for now. Crathie to lift the 265lb Inver stone overhead, Potarch to dead lift the Dinnies Stones 413lb and 321lb each (this is done at the same time). Finally Menzie's Castle in Alberfedy to pick up the 330lb mammoth as high as I can. Right now I'm not lifting heavy enough to handle it, but that's the goal.

BryanSmash!
05-22-10, 9:50 am
Journey is taking me to Scotland in December 2012. We'll that's the plan for now. Crathie to lift the 265lb Inver stone overhead, Potarch to dead lift the Dinnies Stones 413lb and 321lb each (this is done at the same time). Finally Menzie's Castle in Alberfedy to pick up the 330lb mammoth as high as I can. Right now I'm not lifting heavy enough to handle it, but that's the goal.

Good goal to have, if you havent heard of Steve Jeck, check him out, he wrote a book called "Of stones and strength" that you might be interested.