PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder clicking/slight pain

Deltoid
05-13-10, 10:26 pm
Okay if I rotate my left arm at a 90 degree angle up at my head then down towards my leg I get a pop EVERYtime. I mean, I did shoulders yesterday and my shoulders are sore. But it's definitely beating up my shoulders from doing my schedule. I'm worried that my rotator cuff could be in jeopardy if I keep this up. I mean is it possible to skip shoulders and do an adequate amount of front/rear delts on chest/back day? Will they be worked enough to stimulate growth??

Legacy
05-14-10, 12:11 am
Okay if I rotate my left arm at a 90 degree angle up at my head then down towards my leg I get a pop EVERYtime. I mean, I did shoulders yesterday and my shoulders are sore. But it's definitely beating up my shoulders from doing my schedule. I'm worried that my rotator cuff could be in jeopardy if I keep this up. I mean is it possible to skip shoulders and do an adequate amount of front/rear delts on chest/back day? Will they be worked enough to stimulate growth??

Go see a physical therapist bro and get it checked out so you know exactly what it is so you can train shoulders again

Deltoid
05-14-10, 12:36 am
I can train shoulders it's just that I'm worried about this clicking when I'm not lifting...

Legacy
05-14-10, 12:42 am
I can train shoulders it's just that I'm worried about this clicking when I'm not lifting...

I'd still go see a physical therapist and see what its about. Good thing about PTs is that they can fix the problem if there is one. You could have nitrogen build ups in your delt which is normal or you might have bone on bone in the socket, you never know man, so I'd get it checked out

Deltoid
05-14-10, 12:44 am
Like they say without a lot of pain (mine is dull pain) or no-pain when clicking it's fine, but if it hurts go see someone....

Legacy
05-14-10, 12:54 am
Like they say without a lot of pain (mine is dull pain) or no-pain when clicking it's fine, but if it hurts go see someone....

Do what you gotta do man

Deathride
05-14-10, 10:27 am
If it hurts and limits your range of motion, get seen.

My shoulders and wrists pop and crack whilst I'm doing all sorts of exercises and its all nitrogen. It doesn't hurt whatsoever. My whole family is like rice krispies, any movements and joints pop! However, if it hurt when I raised my arms up or did raises, i'd be concerned....

Deltoid
05-14-10, 2:00 pm
If it hurts and limits your range of motion, get seen.

My shoulders and wrists pop and crack whilst I'm doing all sorts of exercises and its all nitrogen. It doesn't hurt whatsoever. My whole family is like rice krispies, any movements and joints pop! However, if it hurt when I raised my arms up or did raises, i'd be concerned....

Yeah my wrists don't hurt but they crack all the time too. I've been cracking my fingers for years now and they don't hurt, just nitrogen, I'd imagine. I am on Animal Flex but I'm only about a week in so I don't know if it'll be helping so far. My shoulders pop when I do side laterals with dumbells and don't really hurt but just feels weird from the popping. My knee pops ALL the time too. I think it's from when I played hockey. It doesn't hurt but one day earlier this year when it rained for a couple days I noticed my knee was real tight and was kinda sore for no apparent reason. However it freaks me out when I squat or do leg presses because it's so damned loud and feels so odd.