PDA

View Full Version : Pain in stomach/abs

MyWar
02-23-07, 5:42 pm
Hey guys,

Just recently, as of about 4 hours ago, I started to feel a fairly sharp pain in my stomach area, directly adjacent to my navel. It doesn't feel too deep below the surface of the skin, so I'm assuming it in the muscle tissue. I'm just confused as to what is, and more importantly, what it's going to do to my lifting routine. Especially since I don't remember injuring it at all.

Any ideas?

Today is back day. I'm going to be PISSED if it doesn't correct itself in the next 2-3 hours.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Secur1ty
02-23-07, 5:44 pm
Hmm.... what did you do when you last lifted?

Kiwi129
02-23-07, 5:46 pm
Sounds like how it feels when someone pokes you in your belly button really hard... that happen recently heh? Otherwise, that's weird...

MyWar
02-23-07, 5:48 pm
Yesterday (Thursday) - arms
narrow grip barbell curls x 5
overhead db lifts x 5
preacher curls x 4
pull downs x 4
cable curls x 3
dips x 3

Nothing too crazy...

Secur1ty
02-23-07, 5:50 pm
Yea.... seems like your normal lift to me. Thats really wierd. Im no doctor, so i couldnt really help you out a whole lot. sorry bro

But check out www.webmd.com and put in your symptoms. That website has been a major help for me whenever i would get injured.

stumblin54
02-23-07, 5:51 pm
Yo bro, that same thing actually happened to me a couple weeks ago. I just toughed it out through my training and it was gone the next day. I got lucky though, because small things like that can be pretty bad sometimes. Make sure to have your doc check it out if it persists or gets worse. Safety first my man. Peace.

Stumblin

MyWar
02-23-07, 5:52 pm
Thanks man.

webMD: dwight shrute approved.

Secur1ty
02-23-07, 5:53 pm
No problem man... glad i was atleast a bit of help to you.

Good luck.

Liftbig21
02-23-07, 10:06 pm
Hey guys,

Just recently, as of about 4 hours ago, I started to feel a fairly sharp pain in my stomach area, directly adjacent to my navel. It doesn't feel too deep below the surface of the skin, so I'm assuming it in the muscle tissue. I'm just confused as to what is, and more importantly, what it's going to do to my lifting routine. Especially since I don't remember injuring it at all.

Any ideas?

Today is back day. I'm going to be PISSED if it doesn't correct itself in the next 2-3 hours.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Hey bro i had something like this last year when i was doing back...it was a weird feeling/cramping...alot of times it could be gas..or a pulled muscle all it takes is you to twist the wrong way and there it goes.Try heating it to loosen the muscle up then ice to numb the pain...If it doesnt go away get it looked at by the scary men in white coats...(yeah i hate doctors) haha...good luck bro.

msktyshha
12-20-09, 9:30 pm
I got this pain in my stomach again today and it happened often. I get the pain at my belly button all the way down to my private part. It's like there is a string or something attached from the belly button to the private part and as if someone is pulling that string or like someone is poking my bellybutton with a needle. A very sharp pain. Happens mostly after abs training, when I stretch back a little or stay erect, but it stop when I bend forward, and it's so painful, sometimes when I get it I can't even walk, but it only lasts no more than 10 minutes. Anyone else had this sort of pain??

TigerAce01
12-20-09, 9:34 pm
It could possibly be a hernia, check with your doc. It could also be a pulled abdominal muscle, among other things. The important thing is to see your doctor.

-Ace

mritter3
12-20-09, 9:58 pm
def. sounds like a hernia...those are no joke man...especially since it goes down to your privates...could be strangulated...that is serious...see a doctor asap, unless you want to permanatley lose function down there.

msktyshha
12-20-09, 10:09 pm
but my belly button looks fine like in hernia isn't it suppose to like bulge out? and my private works perfectly fine. It happens after training abs like the next day, is it something else?

TigerAce01
12-20-09, 10:11 pm
but my belly button looks fine like in hernia isn't it suppose to like bulge out? and my private works perfectly fine. It happens after training abs like the next day, is it something else?

There are several kinds of hernia, including protrusion...but others are only internal and can't actually be detected by looking at it. Both mritter3 and I have said you need to see a doctor.

-Ace

Muscleguy93
12-20-09, 10:13 pm
go see a doc... asap. If its not a hernia then awesome, but if it is you can get it fixed. No guessing with this shit bro.

Little Z
12-20-09, 11:08 pm
Ok, first off.. you can not take any advice to heart when online.. even if any of us were medical professionals we would not be able to determine what
is causing your issue or what it even might be without doing a physical examination. Now I understand you are asking incase someone else might have experienced
this same kind of 'injury', but get yourself to a Doctor, quit worrying about what we might think it is man, you gotta keep healthy.

No one is going to know whats wrong, only your Doctor...

GJN5002
12-20-09, 11:09 pm
might be a strain of a stomach muscle, they go down into you family jewels

Dingo
12-21-09, 12:50 am
how many people do you need telling you this?
If i remember from what my Doc told me when I had a hernia, in some cases they can be FATAL! Not trying to scare you but hernias are no joke. It's best to be safe than sorry.

nateisw
12-21-09, 12:56 am
Yeah, it could be a hernia, but impossible to diagnose just from what you told us in the post. If I were playing the odds, I would say it is most likely an inguinal hernia, but there's a lot of other things that it could be. Better to get checked out by a doctor bro, you really don't want it to get any worse.