PDA

View Full Version : Another M-Stak Timing Question

music_man185
05-15-10, 3:07 pm
i just got my first tub of m-stak, but i'm not sure when i should take it. i start my drive to work at 6:00 a.m. and leave work at 5:00. i get to the gym around 6:00 p.m.

i take in a protein shake around 3:30 (is this too soon for a preworkout shake?) and take my creatine around 5:30. when should m-stak fall in this schedule? and should it be taken on an empty stomach?

Deltoid
05-15-10, 9:35 pm
i just got my first tub of m-stak, but i'm not sure when i should take it. i start my drive to work at 6:00 a.m. and leave work at 5:00. i get to the gym around 6:00 p.m.

i take in a protein shake around 3:30 (is this too soon for a preworkout shake?) and take my creatine around 5:30. when should m-stak fall in this schedule? and should it be taken on an empty stomach?

I'd do creatine and protein both at the same time (Like 5:20) then at 5:40 take your m-stak. This way it gives you a little bit of time for it to digest. By the time you get in the gym at 6:00PM and change/stretch it'll have been 30 minutes prior to workout that m-stak requires for best results.

PORTERHOUSE
05-15-10, 10:02 pm
save for the stim pill, m stak is not necessarily a pre workout supplement. It helps you absorb nutrients. if I were you, I would take M stak in the morning, between meals 1 and 2. If you need the rush from the m stak, take out the red pill and save it for the gym.

or get some pump... or shock therapy...

pump/m stack is a sick combo.

music_man185
05-15-10, 10:20 pm
thanks for the replies guys. but i got 2 different answers. anybody else have anything to add or have an opinion on which would be better?

College Boy
05-15-10, 10:25 pm
Personally, I've found that I only really feel the stimulant effects when i take it an hour before my workout. However, I may be an anomaly since caffeine always takes time for me to feel. I beleive that anhydrous caffeine is the main component of the 'red capsule'. Just remember, caffeine works by blocking acetylcholine receptors in the central nervous system such that they cannot be deactivated, leading to an overstimulation of biochemicals which regulate energy levels in the body. If you find that the caffeine isn't effective (as i think that is part of yoour question) try lowering your caffeine intake throughout the rest of the day, as this will ensure that you remain caffeine sensitive.

As others have said, however, if you don't need the stims to make it through the workout at the end of your workday, don't bother. The main purppose of the M-Stak formula is to ensure that all of the nutrients taken in are used to they're fullest possible effect.

On days that I don't train, I pop the entire pack between my first and second meals of the day @ around 9:30, give or take 15 minutes.

music_man185
05-16-10, 9:06 am
thanks for all the help. but actually, my question was more about how i should space out my preworkout shake, preworkout creatine and m-stak. since all are supposed to be taken around the same time. i also have a few samples of superpump 250 that i will be taking preworkout

AllDonePersonalTrain
05-16-10, 10:22 am
I think your preworkout protein and creatine are on schedule. It says on the container for M-Stak that you should take it between meals. I think the 2 hours after your protein shake that you take your creatine, could be considered "between meals". I would say just take M-Stak at the same time you take your creatine. I just started on my first cycle of M-Stak, so I don't have much experience as to what works for me, yet. It takes me 15 minutes to get to my gym, and another 10-15 to get in, changed, stretched, etc, so I usually just take the whole M-Stak packet right before I leave. And it seems to be working for me, so far. On non-workout days, I take it around 11, as I eat lunch around 12.

music_man185
05-16-10, 11:56 am
I think your preworkout protein and creatine are on schedule.

is 3:30 too early for a preworkout shake if i dont get to the gym until 6:00ish?

It says on the container for M-Stak that you should take it between meals

i thought that on training days you were to take it 30-45 minutes pre workout. i didn't know if taking my creatine and what few samples of superpump 250 i have, with m-stak would hurt anything.

AllDonePersonalTrain
05-16-10, 3:07 pm
You wont hurt anything by taking Superpump250 before working out. I think you will be happy with Superpump250, just workout as close to the bathroom as you can. Me and my workout partner nicknamed it SuperDump, because it is LOADED with magnesium, and every time we take it, without fail, one of us will be in the bathroom 20 minutes into working out. But post dump, we really felt a lot of good muscle pump from superpump, but nothing compares to the way the M-stak makes us feel.

PORTERHOUSE
05-16-10, 5:53 pm
i thought that on training days you were to take it 30-45 minutes pre workout. i didn't know if taking my creatine and what few samples of superpump 250 i have, with m-stak would hurt anything.

Your missing the point.

You are working out in the afternoon, it is ok to take m stak in the morning even on training days, thats what I and a lot of other guys do.

The only reason to take m stak preworkout is to get the benefits of the red stim pill. If you are using another product with stims in it for your preworkout, just take M in the morning. It helps you absorb nutrients, m stak is not a preworkout supplement.

Read my first post again, think about it.

music_man185
05-16-10, 6:28 pm
i understand what your saying. and it makes perfect sense. i just had a couple contradicting answers, so i was just trying to see what the majority of people thought.

Aggression
05-17-10, 8:31 am
M-stak is versatile. I always take it around 8am (between meals 1 and 2). I remove the red capsule and take it then, as I take a preWO with stimulants before my work (I train at 515pm). You can also take it preWO. If I do it that way, I'll take down the pills with my first sip of Shock Therapy, removing the red capsule. Shock contains some creatine, so I'm covered there in that department for preWO.

I like finish eating about an hour before working out. So I'll be done with my meal at 4, take my preWO at 4:30, and train at 5-5:15pm. If your last meal before you train is at 3:30, and you train at 6, it seems like there's too much time in the middle.

music_man185
05-17-10, 7:49 pm
thanks for the help.

today i took my m-stak between my first and second meal this morning. removed the red pill. my work day was a little shorter today, so i took my preworkout shake around 4:30. took my creatine and red pill around 5:00 and worked out around 5:30.

also, on a side note, i've been taking orange triad for my multi and joint needs. but i've been going a little heavier in the last week and my elbows and wrists have been bothering me. so i just placed an order for some animal flex!! i'm very excited. i was shocked to see that gnc was actually cheaper than bodybuilding.com.

C.Coronato
05-18-10, 10:07 am
thanks for the help.

today i took my m-stak between my first and second meal this morning. removed the red pill. my work day was a little shorter today, so i took my preworkout shake around 4:30. took my creatine and red pill around 5:00 and worked out around 5:30.

also, on a side note, i've been taking orange triad for my multi and joint needs. but i've been going a little heavier in the last week and my elbows and wrists have been bothering me. so i just placed an order for some animal flex!! i'm very excited. i was shocked to see that gnc was actually cheaper than bodybuilding.com.

Good stuff! Flex will certainly do the trick!