PDA

View Full Version : The mirror

msktyshha
05-15-10, 10:32 pm
I have looked into the mirror every day for the past 3 years, but I haven't seen any change in me. The scale read 145 3 years ago and today it reads 190, but still the guy in the bathroom mirror still didn't change. There's friends that I meet after months and every time they see me, they tell me how I grew bigger than the last time they saw me, but I still haven't seen any change in the mirror. I was looking at pics of myself from 3 years back, and I can't even recognize the guy in the pictures, but still don't feel any difference in the appearance of the guy in the mirror. Guy at the front desk in the gym took my picture on my membership the 3rd time last week cause he says the picture doesn't look like it's yours, but still no change in the mirror. In the mirror I still see myself as that 145lb skinny guy, maybe that's why everyone keeps noticing a change in me.

Toro
05-16-10, 3:29 am
Dude, something is not right here... you ever thought that you might have vigorexia?

Legacy
05-16-10, 1:30 pm
Toro has a point man, you might have bigorexia where although you are big in the eyes of others, you are small to yourself. That is something all to common in this game. We all achieve a certain point, but are never satisfied with the end result. I think a lot of it deals with knowing we can achieve more, so when we reach our goals we set a new one. Best advice I can give you man is to keep doing what your doing and put a positive attitude in your life. If people tell you you got bigger then accept that and remember it when you look in the mirror. As most bodybuilders say "YOU ARE YOUR OWN WORST CRITIC"

msktyshha
05-17-10, 1:17 pm
I might have it, but that's what drives me to gym every week. I think I get used to my new size very quickly. Reason being is that muscle growth is very gradual, not overnight. It's almost as if you stay in front of a little plant in your garden, and watch it closely how it grows to be 3 feet from 3 inches. If that was possible I bet you wouldn't be able to notice that it grew, cause it would be so GRADUAL that your mind would keep getting "used to" the new size millimeter by millimeter. Now if you looked at that plant at 3 inches today, and some months later you came back to it, you would be surprised by it's size and would notice the difference, cause to you who's now coming back to it after some months it would be a SUDDEN change. In the same manner, I can't notice my gradual increase in muscle size cause I look at myself in the mirror everyday, but to others it's a sudden increase and my increase in size is obvious to them cause they look at me after a while.