PDA

View Full Version : To Hell and Back:Freakofnature's Journey Back to the Iron

Freakofnature
05-18-10, 3:15 pm
So Im 25 years old, been married for 4 1/2 years and Im a full time fireman. In my life I have had high points in my training and low points. At 18 I was 180 lbs, 18 inch arms, and strong as an ox at about 13% body fat. Now at 25 I am 245 lbs, 17 inch arms(pretty soft though), and more around the neighborhood of 26% body fat. I have noticed a downward spiral in my life. I sleep for forever and never feel rested, I have a gut now that I absolutely despise, I get short of breath quickly, and I have absolutely no energy. Im tired of living like this and I have made a commitment tomyself to get back in the gym. My goals are to lose the gut, pack on muscle mass, and also to get strong. In my job as a firefighter I must be strong muscle wise, but I also must have very good cardio. My diet has been horrible and I could really use some suggestions for that. Also I could use some tips for building mass, strength, and losing the fat. Also any supplement suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Freakofnature
05-24-10, 10:18 am
Today was my first day back in the gym. I have decided to go with the beginners workout that is posted on here with a 3 day split. I woke up this morning, got dressed and fixed my creatine shake. I walked into the gym and stretched a little and then got right to work. As I started into my sets, I felt the blood rushing through my veins, as I knocked out reps. My muscles felt a familiar pump that they had not felt in a long time. As the sweat poured out of my forehead, I knew that I was back home where I belonged. This is my life, my body, my dream and I will not ever quit. After my workout was over, I sat on one of the machines and drank my creatine shake. Damn I forgot how horrible that stuff was. Ha. I saw the way the people there looked at me. Im not as huge as I once was but I have started my journey back to being a true freak of nature. I will not juice or take the easy way out. I will earn every last fuckin strain of muscle fiber that piles onto my body. It aint gonna be easy but nothing that is worthwhile ever is. There will come a day when I walk into the room and everybody becomes silent and stares. There will be a day when my hard work pays off. Until then I will keep pushing out every rep, eating clean, and supplementing. I am an animal and I will not ever stop.

Freakofnature
05-24-10, 11:28 am
Also I forgot to post my diet and supplements. As of right now I am taking GNC Amplified Wheybolic 60 whey protein chocolate flavor, six star muscle creatine fruit punch flavor, l glutamine, and a mens multivitamin. I have chosen to eat 5 meals a day. So my schedule will be like this. Workout on an empty stomach first thing in the morning(cause im endomorphic, my body does better without eating before I workout, so I can achieve my optimum results). Creatine shake right after workout. Meal 1, 2 eggs, and a slice of whole wheat toast. Meal 2, whey protein shake. Meal 3, 6 oz of grilled chicken breast, 1/2 cup of brown rice. Meal 4, small container of lowfat yogurt. Meal 5, tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread.