PDA

View Full Version : Sick of eggs/omelettes??

LegendKillerJosh
05-18-10, 9:27 pm
I've recently gotten in the habit of adding a lot of different things to eggs because quite frankly I'm sick of plain ass eggs. My favorite is:

Grab a steak (whether it's NY Strip, Chuckeye, or whatever, doesn't matter) around 12oz. This gives you 3-4oz servings. I like to take a strip, cut it across the grain into very thin slices, and lay the slices down and slice them into thin strips. I season them with garlic powder, onion powder and pepper (you could of course also put real garlic cloves and diced onions in there). Next I dice a potato and season it with either greek seasoning or whatever you prefer. Throw the steak into a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook til nearly finished, throw in the potatoes and crack in just 2-3 jumbo eggs as well. This will deliver approx. 50g of protein, and to get that in eggs alone you would have to eat 6 which to me makes me fuckin' gag.

I also use lean beef sausage (preferably hot italian sausage) to add even more flavor. You can also add green peppers and/or tomatoes to your skillet as well. Get creative. Ground beef will work too, just use lean stuff if you are worried about fat content.

For me, I get very sick of eggs and to get a lot of protein from them you have to eat a lot of them. By adding steak, sausage or ground beef and potatoes and other veggies to your skillet you can use just 2 or 3 eggs and get an awesome protein pump without the brutality of downing a million eggs, and you can keep your taste buds happy by mixing your skillets up often.

msktyshha
05-18-10, 9:34 pm
great idea, it's kinda hard eating so many eggs and my mom yells at me for finishing a dozen in one day. I use turkey slices with potatoes and veggies and some cheese. I am gonna try your steak idea

C.Coronato
05-19-10, 9:35 am
Solid bro. Thanks.

reojohn285
06-07-10, 3:52 am
It was such a nice recipe. I have tried it myself. It was so delicious. I have took egg with mixed up with milk after the exercises. You have do such a nice job. It would be great for those people who like take egg in daily breakfast.

sophiatristin
12-08-10, 6:40 am
Great and so much yummy recipe. I like it so much, I prepared it on last Sunday and it was very much testy. I also added little bit garlic and tomatoes soups at a starting, I like to delicious.

robjan
12-31-10, 1:19 am
So amazing recipe man, Very interesting and really great post. I am very appreciate from this post. Nice for sharing this new and fantastic recipe. Egg is my most favourite morning breakfast, this one is really lovely recipe.