View Full Version : Review: Apollon Gym, Edison NJ

Aggression
05-19-10, 11:00 am
Apollon Gym
160 Talmadge Rd
Edison, NJ 08817
(732) 985-8576
$10 day pass

My home turf. This gym is a no-nonsense gym. It has everything you need, and nothing you don't. Lining the entire gym wall, pictures hang signed by top notch IFBB pro's and world class athletes, past and present, who have come through to train at this place. That says something right there. Coleman, Cutler, Levrone, Ruhl, Shannon Sharpe, and our own Vinny Galanti, just to name a few. Not to mention The Shadow himself, Dorian Yates, conducts personal training sessions at Apollon when he comes to the states.

A TV in the one corner loops bodybuilding videos all day long. Blood and Guts, Maryland Muscle Machine, and all the 'Battle for the Olympia' videos play to add some extra motivation, as if you need it.

You want to get nasty? Grab a few 25lb chains from the bucket in the corner and head over to the dip bars.

I highly recommend stopping in at this gym whenever you're in the area. You won't be let down. I guarantee it.

We've had an ABC here in the past, back in '09. Pics:

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Apollon/?start=0

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=26736&highlight=apollon

G Diesel
05-19-10, 1:40 pm
A very well stocked gym with many serious and advanced bodybuiders. A great place to grow.

Peace, G

FITGYM
12-04-10, 8:35 pm
today i attended my first ABC at Apollon. I couldn't wait to get there. I was here back in the 90's and the place is still as hardcore as it was then. This is a great place to grow and a must stop if you are in the area.

top notch equipment for that hardcore lifter.

Punishir
12-04-10, 8:57 pm
This was my 1st ABC too. Great gym, loved it. It felt so good to make noise and not worring about people complaining. And a spotter was a plus. Thx again for putting this together. Next time I wont have to catch the bus and train. Didnt get home til 7:30pm, but it was np. Looking foward to getting together again.