PDA

View Full Version : IM A GIRL, and my arms are as big as my bfs!

MsSnookie
05-20-10, 5:32 am
Hello everybody, my name is Tamara. I am a 20 year old power lifter from Vancouver Washington. I'm kidding about the arm thing, but his are only 2 inches bigger!

I have been power lifting for about a year maybe? Somewhere in freshman year of college. Although I started during college, it didn't have anything to do with school or college athletics! Before I started training with my bf, I had never done weight lifting (was a dancer!). My boyfriend is another forvm member, Shawn Rainey. He has helped me train to be good in all aspects of Power Lifting, but it started with a focus on Bench Press. I hold a WABDL Bench Record, and plan to get more!

Today I made a few personal bests;
--Raw Bench PR, 135lbs, 3 reps.
--Shirted Bench PR, 225lbs, 3 reps on 1 board and 185lbs 1 rep.

My Bench Record in Comp is about 170lbs.

To be honest, my Squat and Dead suck still, so I don't know what maxes I can do!

Like Shawn, I plan to keep people posted about training updates. :D

Nice to meet you all, and look forward to the chats.

Tamara

tdubs
05-20-10, 5:35 am
Hello everybody, my name is Tamara. I am a 20 year old power lifter from Vancouver Washington. I'm kidding about the arm thing, but his are only 2 inches bigger!

I have been power lifting for about a year maybe? Somewhere in freshman year of college. Although I started during college, it didn't have anything to do with school or college athletics! Before I started training with my bf, I had never done weight lifting (was a dancer!). My boyfriend is another forvm member, Shawn Rainey. He has helped me train to be good in all aspects of Power Lifting, but it started with a focus on Bench Press. I hold a WABDL Bench Record, and plan to get more!

Today I made a few personal bests;
--Raw Bench PR, 135lbs, 3 reps.
--Shirted Bench PR, 225lbs, 3 reps on 1 board and 185lbs 1 rep.

My Bench Record in Comp is about 170lbs.

To be honest, my Squat and Dead suck still, so I don't know what maxes I can do!

Like Shawn, I plan to keep people posted about training updates. :D

Nice to meet you all, and look forward to the chats.

Tamara

Welcome to the Forvm Tamara!

Good to have you here, and keep up the awesome lifting!

fawaz
05-20-10, 7:19 am
keep up the hard work.
dont ever give it up.

FITGYM
05-20-10, 10:29 am
congrats on that record and stay focused on your journey and more records will come

C.Coronato
05-20-10, 10:33 am
Awesome. Welcome. Have you run into Higa yet?

xlionx
05-20-10, 10:36 am
nice welcome...do u only focus on one of the lifts or do u compete in the other 2?

Shawn Rainey
05-20-10, 3:51 pm
nice welcome...do u only focus on one of the lifts or do u compete in the other 2?

right now she is just competing in the bench but she is also working on bringing her other lifts up to do a full meet as well. She will bench over 225 next meet Im sure.

Mr. Dead
05-20-10, 5:15 pm

x2...???

xlionx
05-20-10, 8:14 pm
sick girls can go far in that sport i have a freind shes only 17 and deadlifts 450+ tried 500 at the last meet didnt pull it..but she sick!Good luck!

SailinScotty
05-20-10, 8:21 pm
Welcome aboard. Best of luck on improving your squats and DL.

MsSnookie
05-21-10, 4:16 am
x2...???

Is Higa a member here? Lol! I don't think so, not yet.

Thank you everybody, you guys are very welcoming. I am definitely sticking to it. Lol got the stretch marks on my arm now, too late to stop! "D As Shawn said, I haven't done dead or squat in comp. My lifts atm I don't think are high enough to spend the money on it! Soon though, very soon!

Thanks guys!

Tamara

MsSnookie
05-27-10, 4:31 am
So... since the last time I wrote. I have had a bench day (today actually), and a deadlift day.

Deadlift Day (Back)
I made a new DL PR... yay! 225 x1... I wasn't able to do that a month ago! I did a few sets of 135x10... 185x3 and did my 225lb dl. I also did a few other things for that workout, a few set of 60lb Kroc Rows (not sure if I want to increase the weight or not...), and a few sets of another type of row where we have the bar hooked up to bands, and we pull the band down to our chest while lying face up on a bench (this was in a monolift... so the bands are hooked up above). Sorry if my description isn't good enough!

Bench Day (Today)
Today, I did great! I did a few raw benches... to get myself ready for my max effort benching. Today I went for full range benching. After a few warm up sets.... ranging from 100-135lb benches, I shirted up and benched 150x3 off of two board, then went for 185 full range. I did THREE REPS.. which is a big personal PR but then... Shawn Rainey told me...

"That was 205. Pretty nice when you think you are doing less weight isn't it."

I did 205x3??? YAY! 200lb Bench has been a long time goal! Today, I did it for three!
Then I did another set which went well again... and then I went for 225lb Bench. This I kinda got freaked out (new shirt) cause of the way my arms felt at the bottom of my bench. It was as if the massive amount of pressure on the backs of my arms was going to snap my arms... I just got scared, and right after I touched it, I had Shawn take it. I should have pressed through, but had a freak out moment! I will get that next time. :D

SO... Overall. NEW PR's:

225x1 Deadlift
205x3 Bench!!!

WOOHOO! YAY!

I did some thinking. In my bench, I have gained FORTY lbs of bench in Three months!!!
Thats HUGE!

Thanks guys... I will post the youtube vid later, so you can see the last two benches I talked about. The 205x3 was AWESOME! "D
Tamara

Shawn Rainey
05-27-10, 4:37 am
So... since the last time I wrote. I have had a bench day (today actually), and a deadlift day.

Deadlift Day (Back)
I made a new DL PR... yay! 225 x1... I wasn't able to do that a month ago! I did a few sets of 135x10... 185x3 and did my 225lb dl. I also did a few other things for that workout, a few set of 60lb Kroc Rows (not sure if I want to increase the weight or not...), and a few sets of another type of row where we have the bar hooked up to bands, and we pull the band down to our chest while lying face up on a bench (this was in a monolift... so the bands are hooked up above). Sorry if my description isn't good enough!

Bench Day (Today)
Today, I did great! I did a few raw benches... to get myself ready for my max effort benching. Today I went for full range benching. After a few warm up sets.... ranging from 100-135lb benches, I shirted up and benched 150x3 off of two board, then went for 185 full range. I did THREE REPS.. which is a big personal PR but then... Shawn Rainey told me...

"That was 205. Pretty nice when you think you are doing less weight isn't it."

I did 205x3??? YAY! 200lb Bench has been a long time goal! Today, I did it for three!
Then I did another set which went well again... and then I went for 225lb Bench. This I kinda got freaked out (new shirt) cause of the way my arms felt at the bottom of my bench. It was as if the massive amount of pressure on the backs of my arms was going to snap my arms... I just got scared, and right after I touched it, I had Shawn take it. I should have pressed through, but had a freak out moment! I will get that next time. :D

SO... Overall. NEW PR's:

225x1 Deadlift
205x3 Bench!!!

WOOHOO! YAY!

I did some thinking. In my bench, I have gained FORTY lbs of bench in Three months!!!
Thats HUGE!

Thanks guys... I will post the youtube vid later, so you can see the last two benches I talked about. The 205x3 was AWESOME! "D
Tamara

you did awesome today...!!!

MsSnookie
05-27-10, 4:47 am
you did awesome today...!!!

Thank you Honey :D

ghost
05-27-10, 8:28 am
great job!

HIGA MONSTER
05-27-10, 8:48 am
Awesome job girl.
I will be keeping an eye out for you.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Aggression
05-27-10, 8:49 am
Terrific progress in here! Subb'ed for more.

Shawn Rainey
05-27-10, 2:30 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkXD4oqBPKc

Video from yesterdays work out!, she is towards the end of the video and the only girl as well...

MsSnookie
05-28-10, 12:51 am
Awesome job girl.
I will be keeping an eye out for you.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Its you! I remember people had asked if I had met you :D

Thanks guys... I cant wait till my next work out post... its cool to have people involved in this sort of stuff that can relate. People at school... they probably just think I am weird!

Thank you!
Tamara

MsSnookie
06-03-10, 1:45 am
Hey guys! An update for the gym today.

Today, my shirted benching got tough! After my warm ups and everything... I shirted up and did a few sets of heavy benching.

Bench Sets:
275x3 (Three sets)--three and four board.
225x3 (Four sets)--two and three board.
285x10 Forced, (One set)--1 board.

During and after all this benching... I did some push-ups and tricep work, along with stretching my back a few times. I have been working a bit more on improving my arch for the bench, so been doing some good stretches.

I'm proud of today, the last set in the bench really was some work!

Shawn Rainey
06-03-10, 3:22 am

Today, my shirted benching got tough! After my warm ups and everything... I shirted up and did a few sets of heavy benching.

Bench Sets:

During and after all this benching... I did some push-ups and tricep work, along with stretching my back a few times. I have been working a bit more on improving my arch for the bench, so been doing some good stretches.

I think she ment 185 for 10 haha... good non the less

Shawn Rainey
06-13-10, 2:53 am
here is a pic of tamara being a bad ass

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1270388&l=227d423576&id=1022594869

FITGYM
06-13-10, 1:25 pm

Bench Sets:

thats some solid work...