PDA

View Full Version : Ask Machine

naturalguy
05-21-10, 12:44 pm
It's time we had a Machine Q & A thread. I for one would like to get inside the mind of Machine. I warn you that he pulls no punches and doesn't sugar coat anything so ask away, if you dare.........................................

Bob
05-21-10, 1:07 pm
Cool thread. Been reading your stuff since I first learned about animal back in 2002. Machine, just curious what a typical day looks like for you. Would be cool to see your breakdown for work, training, etc. looks like.

Valkyrie83
05-21-10, 1:20 pm
Great thread! Machine, what does your diet look like? How many calories do you generally take in each day?

Feel The Power
05-21-10, 1:21 pm
I'm curious on this too, also what is your offseason supplements looking like?

Great thread! Machine, what does your diet look like? How many calories do you generally take in each day?

mritter3
05-21-10, 1:23 pm
Wow been waiting to see if Machine gets one of these....Hey Machine, how has your training changed since all of the medical issues that have faced you recently? and Where does your Motivation to keep training the way you do, despite everything that has happened come from?

dominatetheiron
05-21-10, 1:34 pm
Whats the best piece of Advice anyone has ever given you during your career?

Razor
05-21-10, 2:14 pm
I'm shocked as hell that this wasn't up here before.

First and foremost my question would be how are you doing Machine? We'd love an update straight from the man himself.

Dingo
05-21-10, 3:54 pm

First and foremost my question would be how are you doing Machine? We'd love an update straight from the man himself.

x2 !!!
Heres to hoping all is well with him.

Optimus Prime
05-21-10, 4:27 pm
hey machine, who was the single bigest inspiraton in ur life? and how did they inspre u??

shortstack
05-21-10, 5:58 pm
Hey Brother,

I'm most interested in this point about how your recovery is going and how you heart is recovering. Last I checked you had had some good improvements and I hope they are still coming.

Jeremy

Mr. Dead
05-21-10, 7:12 pm
Has your training changed, due to your recent health issues...??? If so, in what respect...???

eric downey
05-22-10, 2:40 pm
Whats basic training philosophy? And we all have that one day of training we enjoy more than others. For me its Sat mornings. Whats yours?

Machine
05-22-10, 3:44 pm
Cool thread. Been reading your stuff since I first learned about animal back in 2002. Machine, just curious what a typical day looks like for you. Would be cool to see your breakdown for work, training, etc. looks like.

A typical day for me never really has a conventional beginning or end; I belive in the utilization of the 24 four hour clock...I feel that to live in the traditional outline of days months weeks and years...as has been put to me as "the normal way to live" is inefficient on it's face. I find that I can set multiple goals, track many career projects, finish two degrees, and maintain a wide variety of personal and business interests...but only if I avail myself of the twenty four hour clock. Please understand that I am not the guy to compare to some other athletes out there in that I can't afford to lay arouind in bed for 12 hours per day...I find that as decadent as the act of huge accumialation of monetary wealth. If that offends any one...I dont fucking care.

The 24 hour clock is not for everyone...and takes a different way of looking at things. I suggest framing some outlines for the 24 hour template in your life...and see if it might help you expand your life's work.

If you want me to nail downa sample day just let me know...and thanks.

MACHINE

eric downey
05-22-10, 4:16 pm

A typical day for me never really has a conventional beginning or end; I belive in the utilization of the 24 four hour clock...I feel that to live in the traditional outline of days months weeks and years...as has been put to me as "the normal way to live" is inefficient on it's face. I find that I can set multiple goals, track many career projects, finish two degrees, and maintain a wide variety of personal and business interests...but only if I avail myself of the twenty four hour clock. Please understand that I am not the guy to compare to some other athletes out there in that I can't afford to lay arouind in bed for 12 hours per day...I find that as decadent as the act of huge accumialation of monetary wealth. If that offends any one...I dont fucking care.

The 24 hour clock is not for everyone...and takes a different way of looking at things. I suggest framing some outlines for the 24 hour template in your life...and see if it might help you expand your life's work.

MACHINE

please do.

Machine
05-22-10, 4:21 pm

Valkyrie,

My diet is not crazy different than any other time in my life with the possible exception that I dont "carpet bomb" with total unrestricted calories these days bcause I find it reasonable to surmise that there are some extreme health risks associated with unrestricted caloric abandon. Having said that...I have taken an almost hybrid approach to bodybuilding in that my present acceptable weight range is from 270 to 291 pounds (all this is considered within the context of acceptable blood pressure, resting pulse rate, and overall health). My "hybrid" approach has me utilizing mini cycles to drive up my muscularity without measuring bodyfat and without limiting these cycles with a time frame. So; I start after a dietary weigh down at a morning bodyweight of 268 pounds while consuming 3,700 calories per 24 hour period. I begin to track my muscular progress as I add 350 calories per full training cycle (or as you would say...per week) Now i dont limint the time it takes me to reach a weight range of between 287-291 pounds, but I only add 350 calories per training cycle.

I will do some dietary breakdown to explain my work for you soon. Also, I know this is the very first exposure most of you will have with my dietary hybrid approach to training and it will be explained in great detail in my future writings and is soley my work. Thanks and let me know if this makes sense.

MACHINE

Machine
05-22-10, 4:45 pm
I'm curious on this too, also what is your offseason supplements looking like?

The folks at the U will be sharing my supplement regimen with you shortly; but I hope you dont mind if I take this opportunity to share some insight on offseason supplementation.

We must be ever vigilant that we are combining whole foods with our protein powders and high calorie powder mixtures...the reason for this is simple the nutrients in your shake have a higher probability of being utilized if those nutrients are introduced into your system calorically bound to whole foods - foods which your systems are and have been accustomed to utilizing since the day of your birth. I have experimented with plain powders; and with nutrient/shake mixtures to find that my digestive processes and overall gains were significantly better with the whole food option.

Offseason caloric consumption must be considered within the context of the proper utilization of offseason supplementation; and that consideration must be centered around whole food options combined with a solid nutritional additive...mine is Universal Max Protein Powder or Universal Mlik & Egg Protein.

This has been a cardinal rung in my training and physical careers. I hope this helps; good luck.

MACHINE

FewL4no1
05-22-10, 5:57 pm
Hey Machine,

It is good to see you back and doing well after your medical complications. I wish you nothing but the best in all your endeavors, and I am also looking forward to picking your brain from time to time.

Stay strong.

Maccabee
05-22-10, 10:08 pm

MACHINE

Yes, I would like to see a sample day plan. I really know that I will learn something from seeing your schedule. It sounds like you are very busy.

I am accomplishing all my training goals, but I am having a difficult time transfering that success to other areas in life. I want to see how you do it.

Machine
05-23-10, 9:06 am
Has your training changed, due to your recent health issues...??? If so, in what respect...???

After the initial incident; things were pretty hairy as far as finding my training path. I needed time to allow my body to stabalize on the 20 or so medications I had introduced into it; and all of them have serious physical side effects. It was difficult to train with those chemicals, which were helping me, also knocking me on my ass daily.

I remained determined to defy my present training circumstances or outcomes; so I switched it up. I widened my gaze so to speak; conventional techniques were abandoned in favor of a multi layered philosophy. I increased my training but also threw in "wild card" sessions for each day. I will explain.

Instead of the conventional training cycles and dietary methedology; I utilized a new approach. I broke down my physical goals into athletic factors.

Athletic factor #1: One must determine an "acceptable muscular weight range." Acceptable muscular body weight without conventional dieting.
If one chases the bodybuilding numbers to infinite measurement; the overwhelming realization will come that he/she short circuits the mid reange process in several ways; presently most athletes have 2-3 physically driven analytical motivators:

1.) I am besieged by incomplete data; but hate my present size and level of muscularity; this makes me the prime candidate for subscribing to sham science and or hitching your wagon to another man's successes - big mistake - the object of baseball is to score runs by hitting a small ball; every baseball player knows this, each one hits the ball, almost everyone of them grips the bat differently, stands differently, swings through an arc at different angles and or bat heights.

WHY DO STRENGTH ATHLETES NOT SEE THIS MODEL AND UNDERSTAND THE EXAMPLE?

2.) I have no real mid-range road map of processes to drive up muscularity and all caloric and training factors are push fitted into a bulking phase and a cutting phase. (All I see in this model is waste and inefficiency - there is a better way).

3.) I slough through my training year (however he/she defines that) by abandoning analytical approaches in favor of the dated and piss poor bodybuilding model. In no other area of life is is acceptable to take 365 days to drive one athletic goal; which may or may not even offer an acceptable payoff or outcome.

My mid-range physical goals are driven by training mini-cycles which are fueled by caloric minipulations: the caloric manipulations ARE NOT CONVENTIONALLY INTRODUCED DIETARY MEASURES...THIS IS NOT "DIETING."

Bear
05-23-10, 3:18 pm
Machine,

I've said it before, but you're the reason I got into this game that I'm still in after 8 years, so again, I need to thank you for that.. But on another note, what are some other personal interests you have in your life besides this sport? Do you still have plans on pursuing Strongman events?

Hard Cell
05-23-10, 3:46 pm
Machine,
Awesome stuff. Didn't actually know what happened but glad to hear you're all good.

How did you get this nickname?

Powerfreak
05-23-10, 6:49 pm

MACHINE

Hey Brother,

Cool thread.
The "Normal way to live" at least to me,is a croc of shit. WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO BE NORMAL?
The day in day out grind with blinders on,politicly correct follow the herd pansy ass bullshit
will only produce pansy ass bullshit results.
This goes for training as well as LIFE.
I believe that if people would get their heads out of their asses,and for that matter out of the ass of some other slug,they would be awakend to a much more fufilling,prosperous life.
Think OUTDSIDE the box,hell, fuck the box,smash the box and all of the closed minded simple fucks that choose to reside inside.
Shit, I seem to be ranting a bit. Oh fucking well. Time to eat.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
05-23-10, 7:22 pm
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27607912

Sorry Brother, but this is just funny shit.

Brian Weston

Machine
05-23-10, 7:27 pm
BW

The insane never need to apologize for anything they do or say...and you are a crazy motherfucker...but I dig that aboout you brother.

Definately funny shit there!

MACHINE

Machine
05-23-10, 7:44 pm
Whats basic training philosophy? And we all have that one day of training we enjoy more than others. For me its Sat mornings. Whats yours?

My basic training philosophy would not seem basic to most people in that I employ my own methedology which I have garnered out of my own experiences and my dissatisfaction with same old half hearted, regurgetated, sham, bodybuilding rag science. I didn't rip off some European scientist, or some other bullshit bodybuilding guru. I study constantly; it seems patantly obvious to me that the mid range processes and medium life training cycles have been all but abandoned in the minds and practices of our contemporaries.

I find utility in almost every facet and angle of training the physical person: Traditional power lifting, back liftes, stones, tires, machines (to a very limited degree) abbreviated power cycles, shotgun bodybuilding cycles, one - two - three training sessions per day, sledghammers of all sizes, bands, chains, harnesses, and on and on...the one constant is the premise that if it doesnt work...fuck it.

But the main body of my life's training has been built on free weight training hard and heavy, making use of caloric cycling which is highly unorthodox. In the midst of all of this, I I have managed to drive my acceptable muscular bodyweight up to in excess of 330 pounds several times; this was done without the traditional bulking and cutting phases normally employed - these methods are so uninspiring...and 9 out of 10 times people cant even tell you why they favor one method over another...because they have not done the research, the analytical study of their own progress...its just throw enough shit at the wall and see what sticks...Not for me.

And these days...any day I am above ground and putting in the work...I have to call that a win. But leg training always wins a special place in my heart, it is very challenging.

MACHINE

Machine
05-23-10, 7:47 pm
I know I owe you guys a sample 24 hour day...I am just trying to answer the initial round of questions first...not trying to ignore anyone and I thank you all for your time and ideas.

MACHINE

Machine
05-23-10, 7:56 pm
Whats the best piece of Advice anyone has ever given you during your career?

The best piece of advice which was ever given to me was from Sergio Oliva; he said, "There is more to life than being the biggest, the best conditioned, or the most successful bodybuilder...because when it is all done and over...no matter how great you were...you will be sitting at a table with a half empty magic marker counting the minutes until someone who remembers you walks over and asks you a question."

I remember this like it was yesturday...I have been extremely fortunate to know many great athletes; and being a student of human nature, I have studied them all very closely.

I was particularly intrigued by Sergio's remarks and found them to be most insightful.

MACHINE

Machine
05-23-10, 8:06 pm
Machine,
Awesome stuff. Didn't actually know what happened but glad to hear you're all good.

How did you get this nickname?

I was training at Bev's Gym in Syosset, N.Y. one day and Dorian Yates was visiting from England...I was doing a set of inclined dumbell presses with the 180 pounders...and I didnt have an entourage, or a spotter, or a pair of assholes on either side of me waiting to hand deliver and remove the weights from me as soon as I commanded them to.

I just picked the 180s up off the floor, sat down and pressed them into position, repped them for a set, lowered them to my thighs, stood up, and laid them back into their original position like a pair of sweet virgins ready to be sullied. Dorian Yates, Frank Sepe, and Steve Weinburger walked by and as Dorian took a double take...he asked Steve, "who the fuck is this guy?"

Steve and Frank said, "That's MACHINE...all he does is move weight and get bigger."

As I have previously stated; I think a man's handle should be indicative of the kind of man he is...and in that regard...should not be self annointed...just my 2 cents.

MACHINE

eric downey
05-23-10, 8:09 pm
My basic training philosophy would not seem basic to most people in that I employ my own methedology which I have garnered out of my own experiences and my dissatisfaction with same old half hearted, regurgetated, sham, bodybuilding rag science. I didn't rip off some European scientist, or some other bullshit bodybuilding guru. I study constantly; it seems patantly obvious to me that the mid range processes and medium life training cycles have been all but abandoned in the minds and practices of our contemporaries.

I find utility in almost every facet and angle of training the physical person: Traditional power lifting, back liftes, stones, tires, machines (to a very limited degree) abbreviated power cycles, shotgun bodybuilding cycles, one - two - three training sessions per day, sledghammers of all sizes, bands, chains, harnesses, and on and on...the one constant is the premise that if it doesnt work...fuck it.

But the main body of my life's training has been built on free weight training hard and heavy, making use of caloric cycling which is highly unorthodox. In the midst of all of this, I I have managed to drive my acceptable muscular bodyweight up to in excess of 330 pounds several times; this was done without the traditional bulking and cutting phases normally employed - these methods are so uninspiring...and 9 out of 10 times people cant even tell you why they favor one method over another...because they have not done the research, the analytical study of their own progress...its just throw enough shit at the wall and see what sticks...Not for me.

And these days...any day I am above ground and putting in the work...I have to call that a win. But leg training always wins a special place in my heart, it is very challenging.

MACHINE

Sat we work heavy upper body. Mostly heavy bench or some form of it. The big staple of our training is heavy banded smith machine work. Take the counter weight off and its a whole different world under the bar. Working %100 of the movement. Other wise you push hard, slow down, then stop. DBL Green bands dont allow you to ever slow down or stop.

As far as what works. I had a 2 year stent where i did different cycles and reps and speeds days for 8 weeks at a time trying new thing i read or stuff i made up from reading. Its the only why to know how YOU work. Thanks for the info.

Machine
05-23-10, 8:14 pm
Wow been waiting to see if Machine gets one of these....Hey Machine, how has your training changed since all of the medical issues that have faced you recently? and Where does your Motivation to keep training the way you do, despite everything that has happened come from?

I believed; and have always believed that a man's very presence in this world alone should be motivation enough to accomplish any goal he may set for himself...having said that...I am continually motivated to change the status quo in this uneven world that we all live in...my physical presence has opened many, many doors for me that I wouldnt have been able to get through without it...my physical being has opened up troubled youth to me, inmates, gang members, and on and on...it just lets me get immediate credibility because so much of what those individuals ascend to is the physically powerful male ideal. I am motivated by the inequity of society, I want to change the world...wanna help me?

MACHINE

Mattman33
05-23-10, 8:20 pm
1.) I am besieged by incomplete data; but hate my present size and level of muscularity; this makes me the prime candidate for subscribing to sham science and or hitching your wagon to another man's successes - big mistake - the object of baseball is to score runs by hitting a small ball; every baseball player knows this, each one hits the ball, almost everyone of them grips the bat differently, stands differently, swings through an arc at different angles and or bat heights.

WHY DO STRENGTH ATHLETES NOT SEE THIS MODEL AND UNDERSTAND THE EXAMPLE?
This is an awesome statement. I coach and absolutely love to see the individual differences that my athletes bring to the table. I encourage them to find their path, with my guidance of course...:)

2.) I have no real mid-range road map of processes to drive up muscularity and all caloric and training factors are push fitted into a bulking phase and a cutting phase. (All I see in this model is waste and inefficiency - there is a better way).

My mid-range physical goals are driven by training mini-cycles which are fueled by caloric minipulations: the caloric manipulations ARE NOT CONVENTIONALLY INTRODUCED DIETARY MEASURES...THIS IS NOT "DIETING."

Now I am hooked into this thread....I can't wait for more!

Machine
05-23-10, 8:33 pm

I am well; thank you for asking. Things are difficult for people everywhere...especially given these temultuous times we are living witness to. It can be difficult to see inequity everywhere you look and to feel powerless to change it. I work with young people and inmates and I see a real disconnect between all of us...young people, older people, gang members, inmates, white collar, middle class, and poor people...that right there is the largest barrier to reconciliation in this world...give some one a socio-economic label, and it becomes that much easier to marginalize he or she...tragic. We need everyone on the ship to make it to paradise island...we cannot continue to throw people overboard because we wont even try to understand how we are all related and interconnected. Thanks for listening.

MACHINE

Machine
05-23-10, 8:57 pm
hey machine, who was the single bigest inspiraton in ur life? and how did they inspre u??

I really must tell you that I deliberated long and hard on this question...very diffiicult stuff here. You see; that is part of my tragedy...I really had no positive role models, mentors, or anyone worth looking up to in my life, and this is a real tragedy and very hard to face in looking back from this point.

I say this in all humility...I spent so much time identifying, facing and understanding the true self...ME...and after that I studied on how to become someone that I could have looked up to when I was a younger man....in doing this I made an enemy of compromise.

Now I try to provide a proper example to young people with every ounce of my being everyday...it is difficult...it is frustrating...but I know that these young people need positive role models and a man to teach them how to utilize anger as a positive force for change in their lives', in their communities, and in their worlds'.

I know this answer is unconventional in nature...but that is my story. Thanks.

MACHINE

FITGYM
05-23-10, 9:18 pm
I was training at Bev's Gym in Syosset, N.Y. one day and Dorian Yates was visiting from England...I was doing a set of inclined dumbell presses with the 180 pounders...and I didnt have an entourage, or a spotter, or a pair of assholes on either side of me waiting to hand deliver and remove the weights from me as soon as I commanded them to.

I just picked the 180s up off the floor, sat down and pressed them into position, repped them for a set, lowered them to my thighs, stood up, and laid them back into their original position like a pair of sweet virgins ready to be sullied. Dorian Yates, Frank Sepe, and Steve Weinburger walked by and as Dorian took a double take...he asked Steve, "who the fuck is this guy?"

Steve and Frank said, "That's MACHINE...all he does is move weight and get bigger."

As I have previously stated; I think a man's handle should be indicative of the kind of man he is...and in that regard...should not be self annointed...just my 2 cents.

MACHINE

That's some good stuff there. If ever in Philly I got the dumbbells up to 250 lbs so don't worry , you have a place to train in Philly.

keep up the great work Machine

ghost
05-23-10, 9:54 pm
Machie.

How are ya brother? yeah......that is my question for ya. Looking to see how you are doing.

Hard Cell
05-24-10, 1:46 am

MACHINE

Hahaha, so that's how you got the name, interesting.
Yes true, agreed with ur 2 cents.

Human's physiques are unique to each and everyone of us, I always believed that not all method or formula will work for everyone, i'm hoping to see more of your idea's here for me to set it as a guide to start my own sets of formula / methods or whatever you called it, to be applied in my bodybuilding life.

Hard Cell
05-24-10, 1:58 am
Hahaha, so that's how you got the name, interesting.
Yes true, agreed with ur 2 cents.

Human's physiques are unique to each and everyone of us, I always believed that not all method or formula will work for everyone, i'm hoping to see more of your idea's here for me to set it as a guide to start my own sets of formula / methods or whatever you called it, to be applied in my bodybuilding life.

It's not like reading a book, when it spelled M-A-C-H-I-N-E, it'll read as MACHINE.
Each and everyone of us is unique, just like our thumbprints.
Enlighten me bro. Thanks.

P.s - double post, can't edit.

Beowulf
05-24-10, 12:08 pm
Machine, I've been reading your articles for years. I've noticed changes over that time, in terms of substance and style. Have you, yourself, noticed the ways in which you're writing has changed and if so, what do you think accounts for it? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Dingo
05-24-10, 2:36 pm
I believed; and have always believed that a man's very presence in this world alone should be motivation enough to accomplish any goal he may set for himself...having said that...I am continually motivated to change the status quo in this uneven world that we all live in...my physical presence has opened many, many doors for me that I wouldnt have been able to get through without it...my physical being has opened up troubled youth to me, inmates, gang members, and on and on...it just lets me get immediate credibility because so much of what those individuals ascend to is the physically powerful male ideal. I am motivated by the inequity of society, I want to change the world...wanna help me?

MACHINE

Most definitely, I have this evolving plan for my life after i get college out of the way to open a gym open to all, from the cardio bunnies to the future Machines of this world, but at the same time having youth programming in place to educate/motivate and help to keep as many as possible of the troubled youths out of the system.
How did you get started down your path, especially in dealing with the youth of this world?

Elf
05-24-10, 4:05 pm
Machine, I'm embarrassed to ask this questions but... What is your name?

NJC_Manhattan
05-24-10, 5:39 pm
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27607912

Sorry Brother, but this is just funny shit.

Brian Weston

Maybe one of the funniest things SNL has ever done

Machine
05-24-10, 9:33 pm
Machine, I've been reading your articles for years. I've noticed changes over that time, in terms of substance and style. Have you, yourself, noticed the ways in which you're writing has changed and if so, what do you think accounts for it? Thanks in advance for your reply.

I have noticed that my writing style has changed in that I have tried to expand my technique to attract more people than I repel. I am still filled with the same rage and discontent which permeated so much of my early writing; I'm just running out of time...and I want to reach a wider range of people.

I hope my writing is well received; but I need to develop my technique to include and affect all of my human brothers and sisters to advocate for real and lasting societal change, I will not stop until I am dead.

MACHINE

Crash
05-24-10, 10:55 pm
...First off I would like to send out a word of thanks to the man...To be perfectly honest I cannot remember what brought me to this site, but it was the writings of Machine that hooked me for the last three and one half years...See, he doesn't have anymore answers than any other pro, save one...He chooses to live life on his own terms...I remember him saying that he was "playing the game, but by his own rules"...I admit that I cannot harness the hate and anger that he does, but he has given the inspiration and the courage to do what he has done...I find myself being neither an optimist, nor a pessimist...More so, I am a Realist...For it is all in the eye of the beholder anyway right? But I digress...

...The question I have at hand, is the event timeline that led to the disposition that you now bring to the table..Whether it be one event that set off the bomb, or several that have fueled the forge...

As always my Brother...

...Strength and Honor...

Machine
05-25-10, 9:53 am
...First off I would like to send out a word of thanks to the man...To be perfectly honest I cannot remember what brought me to this site, but it was the writings of Machine that hooked me for the last three and one half years...See, he doesn't have anymore answers than any other pro, save one...He chooses to live life on his own terms...I remember him saying that he was "playing the game, but by his own rules"...I admit that I cannot harness the hate and anger that he does, but he has given the inspiration and the courage to do what he has done...I find myself being neither an optimist, nor a pessimist...More so, I am a Realist...For it is all in the eye of the beholder anyway right? But I digress...

...The question I have at hand, is the event timeline that led to the disposition that you now bring to the table..Whether it be one event that set off the bomb, or several that have fueled the forge...

As always my Brother...

...Strength and Honor...

I admire the strength of your pen; and enjoyed the way you phrased this. It was surely not a bomb type event which was the catalyst for my viewpont or for my life's trajectory. Foundationally; I was always different from "normal" in many ways, there were societal inequities which affected me as a young person, I come from the wrong side of the tracks and that affected me, I was arrested 7 times before I was 18 - not good...but I knew that I was different because I had taken and passed every academic high school test by the time I was 16, I just wasnt allowed in High School, I had to go to one of those hope camps for "wayward youths." I believe that I was imprinted with some of the same hopelessness as much of the youth all over the world...but like many of them...I funneled those feelings into rage and hatred of the status quo. I want to change the way people look at things.

MACHINE

Machine
05-25-10, 9:57 am
Machine, I'm embarrassed to ask this questions but... What is your name?

My name is Legion...for we are many...

My human name is Andrew Giordonello; thanks for asking.

MACHINE

TigerAce01
05-25-10, 12:23 pm
My name is Legion...for we are many...

My human name is Andrew Giordonello; thanks for asking.

MACHINE

One of my favorite quotations Machine, my sig, and soon to be a permanently inked reminder of my own personal demons. It holds a very connected meaning for me...I'll post up an exerpt of a writing I jotted down later.

-Ace

C.Coronato
05-25-10, 1:39 pm
Big fan of yours my man. Such an inspiration to us young inspiring bodybuilders. Thank you for that.

Any plans on getting back on stage again, or are those days behind you?

Beowulf
05-25-10, 1:41 pm
I have noticed that my writing style has changed in that I have tried to expand my technique to attract more people than I repel. I am still filled with the same rage and discontent which permeated so much of my early writing; I'm just running out of time...and I want to reach a wider range of people.

I hope my writing is well received; but I need to develop my technique to include and affect all of my human brothers and sisters to advocate for real and lasting societal change, I will not stop until I am dead.

MACHINE

Oh, cool. The visceral quality is the same, but I noticed some stylistic changes. I wasn't sure if you, yourself, were aware. Words have that ability to initiate change, big or small, don't they? Thanks for the reply.

G Diesel
05-26-10, 12:30 pm
The best piece of advice which was ever given to me was from Sergio Oliva; he said, "There is more to life than being the biggest, the best conditioned, or the most successful bodybuilder...because when it is all done and over...no matter how great you were...you will be sitting at a table with a half empty magic marker counting the minutes until someone who remembers you walks over and asks you a question."

I remember this like it was yesturday...I have been extremely fortunate to know many great athletes; and being a student of human nature, I have studied them all very closely.

I was particularly intrigued by Sergio's remarks and found them to be most insightful.

MACHINE

Brilliant stuff my brother... Words to ponder deeply and consider at length. That is why it is critical that we develop the parts of our beings that can't be flexed or admired in the mirror and why our impact on this planet must amount to more than mere superficialities.

Peace, G

Machine
05-26-10, 9:14 pm
Machine,

I've said it before, but you're the reason I got into this game that I'm still in after 8 years, so again, I need to thank you for that.. But on another note, what are some other personal interests you have in your life besides this sport? Do you still have plans on pursuing Strongman events?

I am flattered to read your words and I thank you for your kindness; my interests are wide and varied. Right now I am working in the Job Corps Program daily motivating young people, The Youth Gang Prevention Initiative, and I developed a pilot program which proposes a community connection between teen mothers, gang members, correctional inmates, the top 500 lawyers, judges, and fortune 500 executives in the U.S. to foster community ownership from every socio-economic side of this country. The program is based upon all of US taking ownership of each other and this world. I am pitching it to all concerned parties as we speak. Therre is much to do; and time is of the essence. I also have enough material for two, possibly three books ranging topically from motivational, to poetry and prose, and exercise & nutritional theory. I am also somebody's father, and there is my training and my education...I'm tired thinking about all of this.

Thank you for your interest; and please reach out and help somone in need.

MACHINE

Machine
05-26-10, 9:30 pm
Most definitely, I have this evolving plan for my life after i get college out of the way to open a gym open to all, from the cardio bunnies to the future Machines of this world, but at the same time having youth programming in place to educate/motivate and help to keep as many as possible of the troubled youths out of the system.
How did you get started down your path, especially in dealing with the youth of this world?

I got started motivating youth by motivating myself to rise above and challenge myself to become more than an "inmate and a loser" like the satanic assholes of my youth said I was...they were right, but from the wrong angle...as long as my brothers and sisters are inmates - then I am an inmate...as long as there are "losers" in this world - then I am a loser. That is the way I see things.

MACHINE

Machine
05-26-10, 9:35 pm
That's some good stuff there. If ever in Philly I got the dumbbells up to 250 lbs so don't worry , you have a place to train in Philly.

keep up the great work Machine

Thank you my friend...I might have to leave those 250s to the young bucks...but I am a wild card...you never know.

MACHINE

Machine
05-26-10, 9:47 pm
Big fan of yours my man. Such an inspiration to us young inspiring bodybuilders. Thank you for that.

Any plans on getting back on stage again, or are those days behind you?

I am so happy to know that you count me among those who have inspired you to reach your goals...means a great deal to me.

Might be time to leave that behind...but I won't make any commitment one way or the other...you just never know.

I will tell you that the stage holds no allure in my mind...it was always a necessary evil to me; the real battle was always within me.

Thanks and good luck.

MACHINE

Machine
05-26-10, 9:55 pm
Brilliant stuff my brother... Words to ponder deeply and consider at length. That is why it is critical that we develop the parts of our beings that can't be flexed or admired in the mirror and why our impact on this planet must amount to more than mere superficialities.

Peace, G

Words to remember G...thanks for checking in man. I have been fortunate to speak to so many people and to gleam knowledge and inspiration from each of them...but I felt that Sergio's words held special meaning and would resonate with our athletes.

If I had my druthers; I would have repeated the advice I got from Leonard Peltier..."Advocate for change in society at every possible level...but in the end...killl them all if you have to."

MACHINE

Machine
05-26-10, 10:00 pm
Hey Machine,

It is good to see you back and doing well after your medical complications. I wish you nothing but the best in all your endeavors, and I am also looking forward to picking your brain from time to time.

Stay strong.

Thank you for your kindness and well wishes...I am looking forward to you picking my brain as well. Just be careful you don't get your brain twisted like mine.

MACHINE

Liftbig21
05-26-10, 10:12 pm
You have motovated me in life as well as the weightroom. Your articles helped me get through multiple situations in my life. We are one in the same, always hungry..and die fucking hard. For that I say thank you...

My questions for you are do you still train heavy? and are you going to post up pictures/videos of your progress? and I remember you saying you were in Law Enforcement...are you still currently?

Thanks Machine

Stay hungry
- Gene

Machine
05-26-10, 11:00 pm
So...I pulled this page from my journal as a 24 hour template:

3:55am: Wake up in a hotel room in Niagra Falls - attending 2010 Gang Prevention Conference, am supplements, morning meal of 4 whole eggs, 3 scoops Animalmax Vanilla, 1/4 cup oats, mixture of tomatoes, celery, 2 green apples, 2 cloves garlic, bunch of Kale juiced.

4:15: weight training session #1 predicated upon zero rest from beginning to end:
1.) One arm dumbell rows / 3 total sets 8 rep range
2.) Seated low pulley rows / 2 max weight sets of 8 reps
3.) Reverse grip barbell rows / 2 max weight sets of 8 reps
4.) Medium grip lat pulldowns / 2 max weight sets of 8 reps
5.) Deadlifts straight sets of six reps to weight of 585 lbs.

5:15: post workout shake (not telling) shit, shave, shower

6:25: morning emails, followed by one hour of writing.

7:30: 6 ounces of red meat, 3 whole eggs, 1/4 cup of oats, 1 cup of raisins

8:00: Gang Prevention Conference presentation, break out sessions, networking, pitching project...meeting with law enforcement agents.

11:30: Large spinich salad with 6 ounces of chicken in it, 1 cup of brown rice, 1/4 cup almonds, 16 ounces of vegetable juice.

12:00: emails, texts, phone calls.

12:30: Sitting through U.S. / Mexican border drug cartel gang presentation and informational presentations on the coralation between prison gangs, street gangs, and youth recruiting among gangs through 4:00pm.

4:30pm: Shake (not telling) Supplements.

4:35pm: weight training session #2 - shoulders trained in the same manner as am back session. Absolutely no rest between sets except to change weights:
1.) Push presses up to max weight for 6 reps
2.) Seated lateral raises / 2 sets at max weight for 10 reps
3.) Dumbell rear delt raises / 3 sets at max weight for 10 reps
4.) Barbell shrugs / straight sets up to 585 lbs. for 10 reps

5:35pm: Post workout meal / 3 scoops of Animalmax / 2 tblspoons natty pb / 1 cup oats / 1 cup dried apricots / 16 ounces of vegetable juice.

5:45pm: meditation through 6:45pm.

6:50pm: 6 ounces of turkey / 3/4 cup of raw organic peanuts / 1/2 cup oats - Emails, reports, educational assignments (pursuing a simultaneous degree BA / BS - Orginazational change and leadership / phsychology / human services)

8:30pm: Shake (not telling) Writing for onging projects / research for nutritional and training theory. Answer more emails and projects for Job Corps.

10:30pm: 6 ounces chicken / 1/2 cup of almonds / 16 ounces of vegetable juice.

10:45pm: reading for pleasure and relaxation / planning next days activities.

11:55pm: Shake (not telling) supplements.

3:55am: Wake up time...rinse and repeat.

You get the general idea...the fact is that I get about a weeks worth of assorted projects from my writing career / my daily career / my athletic career / my youth programming , etc, etc, etc, all within the confines of a 24 hour period. It might not work for everyone; but I think the upside is self evident. As I said; I cannot afford to lay in bed for 10 or 12 hours a day like some fucking monarch...no offense.

Try it and see...I would love for anyone who does choose to experiment within the 24 hour template to post here and share their results...I think it would be great feed back; and might go a long way to dispelling the rumor that one needs to sleep like a baby in order to enjoy any success in the athletic fields.

Thank you and good luck.

MACHINE

Machine
05-26-10, 11:14 pm
You have motovated me in life as well as the weightroom. Your articles helped me get through multiple situations in my life. We are one in the same, always hungry..and die fucking hard. For that I say thank you...

My questions for you are do you still train heavy? and are you going to post up pictures/videos of your progress? and I remember you saying you were in Law Enforcement...are you still currently?

Thanks Machine

Stay hungry
- Gene

Thank you my friend; I really appreciate your kind words, stay under strain...never look for relief...you are a champion.

I train heavy through certain cycles and always push the training intensity through the roof no matter what the cyclical goals may be...but my training weights are still respectable.

I will leave the photos and vids to the U...if they think that is a good idea...I will consider it.

Yes; I did some law enforcement work...not my favorite subject...but yes.

Thanks again and good luck

MACHINE

Crash
05-26-10, 11:33 pm
I admire the strength of your pen; and enjoyed the way you phrased this. It was surely not a bomb type event which was the catalyst for my viewpont or for my life's trajectory. Foundationally; I was always different from "normal" in many ways, there were societal inequities which affected me as a young person, I come from the wrong side of the tracks and that affected me, I was arrested 7 times before I was 18 - not good...but I knew that I was different because I had taken and passed every academic high school test by the time I was 16, I just wasnt allowed in High School, I had to go to one of those hope camps for "wayward youths." I believe that I was imprinted with some of the same hopelessness as much of the youth all over the world...but like many of them...I funneled those feelings into rage and hatred of the status quo. I want to change the way people look at things.

MACHINE

It is reassuring to find a fraternal brother admist all the Chaos...While we might not have been cut from the same cloth, we defintely were born of the same weave...I too struggled to find my place as a youth in society...While I did not fall to the left side of the law, I bear the scars of trying to force myself into that square or round hole...There are those who are quick to jump on the latest bandwagon, or ride the coatails, looking to assimilate into the comfort of acceptance and popularity...Yet as a famous rapper once said "Game recognizes game", and some scars you just cannot fake or hide...

...I intend one day to have a platform of my own, from which I will strive to teach those to give the middle finger to the "status quo"...Even if it is one of my own making...It is good to know that I on the right path...So let the chips fall where the Odds and the Gods deem them so...I am prepared...

...Strength and Honor...

Dingo
05-26-10, 11:39 pm
How long did it take you to adjust to the template you have outlined, or did you just decide one day that 4 hours was plenty of rest and ran with it?
btw Thanks for being you, your articles have helped keep my nose to the grindstone since I read my first one back in 2000.

eric downey
05-26-10, 11:47 pm
so now. the 24hr day, is that everyday, or is that just a training day? what do rest days look like? 4 hrs of sleep would catch up with me if that were everyday. I work LE and need a better day for work days mainly

Machine
05-27-10, 9:01 pm
How long did it take you to adjust to the template you have outlined, or did you just decide one day that 4 hours was plenty of rest and ran with it?
btw Thanks for being you, your articles have helped keep my nose to the grindstone since I read my first one back in 2000.

Thanks so much for being who you are my brother; you inspire me to go out and challenge assumption and fuck up the status quo. I realized many years ago that I couldnt be effective in as many areas of my life as I wanted to without this sort of unorthodox approach...and over time I added the meditation and some other elements.

It is not perfect but it is perfectly functional for my lifestyle...like I said before, there is much to do...and I have done the math on this one. I mock no man's choices or how one earns their living; but I relaized long before my health crisis that I had no desire to chase bodybuilding trophies for 20 years to the exclusion of all other academic, spiritual, phsycological, career, and societal goals...that was never the intention. But the ego loves the allure of competition; and for a quick minute I considered that competetive option as the grail...but quickly regained my perspective and remembered why I started from the beginning. Bodybuilding or any other strength sport for that matter can be an all or nothing proposition...I have known many athletes of all sorts and have not met even a handful who had acheived, or even pursued other life interests.

MACHINE

DANO
05-27-10, 9:14 pm
Subbed...

Machine
05-27-10, 9:14 pm
so now. the 24hr day, is that everyday, or is that just a training day? what do rest days look like? 4 hrs of sleep would catch up with me if that were everyday. I work LE and need a better day for work days mainly

The 24 hour day is mainly for any and everyday, and is not predicated upon a person who trains athletically...but is predicated upon a person who seeks to get the most from any 24 hour period. It happens that I find it to be an excellent way to remedy the concern which many bodybuilders have shared with me throughout the years...how does one love and live the iron lifestyle and remained well represented in many other areas of their lives? I think this is a viable and worth while option to any and all individuals looking to widen their perspective.

I worked LE as well and found this to really help me...once your systematic resistance to the application of the 24 hour template has leveled out, you will see that the results you get will be quite different than you had initially anticipated.

MACHINE

eric downey
05-27-10, 9:16 pm
The 24 hour day is mainly for any and everyday, and is not predicated upon a person who trains athletically...but is predicated upon a person who seeks to get the most from any 24 hour period. It happens that I find it to be an excellent way to remedy the concern which many bodybuilders have shared with me throughout the years...how does one love and live the iron lifestyle and remained well represented in many other areas of their lives? I think this is a viable and worth while option to any and all individuals looking to widen their perspective.

MACHINE

got it. thanks

Mattman33
05-27-10, 9:17 pm
Foundationally; I was always different from "normal" in many ways, there were societal inequities which affected me as a young person, I come from the wrong side of the tracks and that affected me, I was arrested 7 times before I was 18 - not good...but I knew that I was different because I had taken and passed every academic high school test by the time I was 16, I just wasnt allowed in High School, I had to go to one of those hope camps for "wayward youths." I believe that I was imprinted with some of the same hopelessness as much of the youth all over the world...but like many of them...I funneled those feelings into rage and hatred of the status quo. I want to change the way people look at things.

MACHINE

Machine...i have read about advice that you have been given, your influences, and your background, and have really taken an interest in where this thread goes. i have one question for you. i wondered what is the best advice that you can give a young teen who is living on the streets, and is involved in that gangster? i am a school counselor, and i am working with high school students who have been removed from there high school. i just wondered how i can help them find there way....thanks in advance.

Machine
05-27-10, 9:32 pm
Machine...i have read about advice that you have been given, your influences, and your background, and have really taken an interest in where this thread goes. i have one question for you. i wondered what is the best advice that you can give a young teen who is living on the streets, and is involved in that gangster? i am a school counselor, and i am working with high school students who have been removed from there high school. i just wondered how i can help them find there way....thanks in advance.

The art of spoken advice is mostly lost on people who have been through or are presently living through trauma in their everyday lives...especially young people. As a nation; we must realize that some of these young people are walking around with undiagnosed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and we are expecting them to instantaneously evolve into productive citizens through well meaning "advice" and sheer force of will. I, like many of you, believe in the sheer force of will, but the force of will doesn't feed a hungry child.

My absolute best advice is not for the students you work with; but for you...listen to the young people, validate their feelings, concerns, ambitions, goals, and fears...they are wrestling with life and death and merely trying to survive. There is no scotch tape answer to those problems...we just need to be there and let them learn to reach for our trust. And most importantly...never give up.

Good luck and thank you for the work you do.

MACHINE

Mattman33
05-27-10, 9:40 pm
My absolute best advice is not for the students you work with; but for you...listen to the young people, validate their feelings, concerns, ambitions, goals, and fears...they are wrestling with life and death and merely trying to survive. There is no scotch tape answer to those problems...we just need to be there and let them learn to reach for our trust. And most importantly...never give up.

Good luck and thank you for the work you do.

MACHINE
thank you. that is what i have been trying to do. for most, it seems like i am the one constant in their lives....thanks again.

Dingo
05-28-10, 12:42 am
Thanks so much for being who you are my brother; you inspire me to go out and challenge assumption and fuck up the status quo. I realized many years ago that I couldnt be effective in as many areas of my life as I wanted to without this sort of unorthodox approach...and over time I added the meditation and some other elements.

It is not perfect but it is perfectly functional for my lifestyle...like I said before, there is much to do...and I have done the math on this one. I mock no man's choices or how one earns their living; but I relaized long before my health crisis that I had no desire to chase bodybuilding trophies for 20 years to the exclusion of all other academic, spiritual, phsycological, career, and societal goals...that was never the intention. But the ego loves the allure of competition; and for a quick minute I considered that competetive option as the grail...but quickly regained my perspective and remembered why I started from the beginning. Bodybuilding or any other strength sport for that matter can be an all or nothing proposition...I have known many athletes of all sorts and have not met even a handful who had acheived, or even pursued other life interests.

MACHINE

In the future, as my college career draws to close, I am going to look forward to picking your brain to learn more and more about being involved with youth on societies fringe at every level. My knowledge base right now is at best a tenth of a percent of what I feel it needs to be to become most effective. My "grail" is to have a legacy of people whom I will be able to snatch from the self imposed shackles that they allow society to place on them. By that I don't just mean the juvie kids or the real hard up cases, but also the quit kid who never causes any trouble, but ends up hanging himself at 9years old because he didn't have an outlet. I do not want people idolizing me by any means, but I want to be able to look back on my life from my death bed and know I was an instrument for positive change.

Maccabee
06-03-10, 10:03 am
Hey Machine,

Do you keep all of your training sessions 1 hr long?

Please post your training split?

I ask these questions because I desire to live the 24 hr schedule.

I believe that the extra time will give me the perfect chance to accomplish my goals and set me back on schedule. I need to hurry things up or else it will only get worst for me.

Also, this is the supplement program I want to follow for this schedule.

Animal Max- pre and post workout
Sportpharma BCAA- pre and post workout

I will order 4-5 of each and focus all my attention on pre and postworkout nutrition. Food will not be a problem for me because I work in a store.

I know Animal Max has creatine so I dont need to order that.

What do you think?

Thank you for your time.

mritter3
06-07-10, 8:34 am
really digging this thread machine...ur words are very powerful, and when you have something to say...its usually very relevant and worth listening to, thanks again for taking time out of your life to answer our questions and letting us pick your brain.

Machine
06-07-10, 10:39 pm
Hey Machine,

Do you keep all of your training sessions 1 hr long?

Please post your training split?

I ask these questions because I desire to live the 24 hr schedule.

I believe that the extra time will give me the perfect chance to accomplish my goals and set me back on schedule. I need to hurry things up or else it will only get worst for me.

Also, this is the supplement program I want to follow for this schedule.

Animal Max- pre and post workout
Sportpharma BCAA- pre and post workout

I will order 4-5 of each and focus all my attention on pre and postworkout nutrition. Food will not be a problem for me because I work in a store.

I know Animal Max has creatine so I dont need to order that.

What do you think?

Thank you for your time.

Yes my brother, I think you should keep your training sessions to one hour...but go in burning with your motor in high gear. This way you dont take the first third of your session just hitting your stride...you have to get that motor going early.

I think you are on point with a simple nutrition plan and you must consider overall calorie intake relative to your traininig goals, your expenditure, and your maximum functional bodyweight.

The 24 hour lifestyle is the best way I know to get the most out of your daily life. I am proud of you for taking a radical approach to things.

MACHINE

Machine
06-07-10, 10:41 pm
really digging this thread machine...ur words are very powerful, and when you have something to say...its usually very relevant and worth listening to, thanks again for taking time out of your life to answer our questions and letting us pick your brain.

I thank you for your kind words and I appreciate being welcomed into the forum; even though I know I can be abrasive at times...the people here are so accepting and open...it really is a very special place. Glad to be here.

MACHINE

Dingo
06-07-10, 11:21 pm
I thank you for your kind words and I appreciate being welcomed into the forum; even though I know I can be abrasive at times...the people here are so accepting and open...it really is a very special place. Glad to be here.

MACHINE
Abrasive, haha

God has Satan, Yin has Yang, Santa has The Grinch, Machine has Political Correctness.
btw I love the "Chaos" thread you have going, when I used the word "ignorant" in one of my replies it was referring to the bigoted comments a couple individuals had made.

Reacher34
06-08-10, 7:54 pm

I agree with this sentiment. As corny as it sounds, YOU, machine are the person who got me into bodybuilding 5-6 years ago.

It's refreshing to see that you are spending more time on this Forvm than you have in the past, and sharing bits of your knowledge. It really is a treat have access to a point-of-view that is completely out of the norm. Thanks for making us think.

Machine
06-10-10, 10:23 pm
I agree with this sentiment. As corny as it sounds, YOU, machine are the person who got me into bodybuilding 5-6 years ago.

It's refreshing to see that you are spending more time on this Forvm than you have in the past, and sharing bits of your knowledge. It really is a treat have access to a point-of-view that is completely out of the norm. Thanks for making us think.

I am grateful to be welcomed on the forum. Your kind owrds are appreciated; and I am continually inspired by the voices and sentiments I read here. Thank you all.

MACHINE

Maccabee
06-14-10, 10:09 am
Yes my brother, I think you should keep your training sessions to one hour...but go in burning with your motor in high gear. This way you dont take the first third of your session just hitting your stride...you have to get that motor going early.

I think you are on point with a simple nutrition plan and you must consider overall calorie intake relative to your traininig goals, your expenditure, and your maximum functional bodyweight.

The 24 hour lifestyle is the best way I know to get the most out of your daily life. I am proud of you for taking a radical approach to things.

MACHINE

Hey Machine,

I have completed the first week. I slept about 5 hrs daily instead of 8-9. I saved about 24 hours...a whole day! My body is already getting used to less sleep.

My only problem is being able to train twice a day. My joints cant handle it.

I realize now that the real lesson in the 24 life is not about eating 10 times a day or training 2 times a day. It is more about making every second count.

I have accomplished a lot this week. My day is much more efficient.

Thank you Machine.

Peace

G Diesel
06-14-10, 10:37 am
I realize now that the real lesson in the 24 life is not about eating 10 times a day or training 2 times a day. It is more about making every second count.

That is the key... We'd all do much better to live by this sage advice. Our days are finite, we must make them as productive and worthwhile as possible. Good to see that my boy Machine can open eyes so widely.

Thanks for the reminder about the priceless value of each moment.

Peace, G

The Freak
06-14-10, 2:52 pm
machine ,

havent had the pleasure of meeting yet at the cage , but def agree with sooo much you say..

1. every hr counts, i remember when i was younger how much time i wasted, now, im up as early as 5am and in bed around 11 or 12 some nights. wiritng , eudcating myself, searching for more avenues to conquer. i respect you so much for laying out your day..

2. i worked with sex offenders and juvenile deliquents in a a residential setting for 5 yrs, kids ranged from 6 to 17, and alot were misunderstood, thrown on meds to cure''adhd" these kids needed real therapy to opejn up doors to pasts that would scare most adults. i applaud your work with the youth as im sure its much more tragic then i saw..

i hope to see you hopefully at the olympia cage to talk life, im hiting 40 this yr and love old school, work ethic and the 24/7 grindstone lifestyle...

talk soon ...

G Diesel
06-21-10, 11:04 am
Yo my brother, hope you and yours are well.

As I always try to stay on point and your guidance has served me so well over the years, I figured I'd ask for an update on what you're doing so I can see what ideas I can steal and call my own.

What's your current split look like and are you employing any special techniques of late? Also, how are your meals and supplements looking around your workout (pre, intra, post)?

Beyond that, I'd love to know what is making you tick of late? Any good music, films or books that I'm need to get hip to?

Peace, G

JUGGERNAUT
06-21-10, 12:12 pm
I remember walking through NYC with Machine doing a trade show. Guy walks up to him off the street and says... "You are one big mofo." Machines reply... "I don't f my Mother." and keeps walking. Classic.

Machine
06-21-10, 8:54 pm
Yo my brother, hope you and yours are well.

As I always try to stay on point and your guidance has served me so well over the years, I figured I'd ask for an update on what you're doing so I can see what ideas I can steal and call my own.

What's your current split look like and are you employing any special techniques of late? Also, how are your meals and supplements looking around your workout (pre, intra, post)?

Beyond that, I'd love to know what is making you tick of late? Any good music, films or books that I'm need to get hip to?

Peace, G

Good to hear from you trooper...I think of you often and know you are out there keepin em honest.

I keep re-reading 'A People's History of the United States' - Howard Zinn. It keeps me centered and I like to feel the embers of prolitariate rage on a daily basis.

My current split has me performing "powerlifting" morning session to start the training off followed by an evening "bodybuilding" session. So a typical day would see me in the gym by 4:15 am, and then training one more time at around 6:00 pm.

Session 1:

1. Power good mornings
2. Barbell hack squats
3. Barbell squats

Session 2:

1. 30 Degree Inclined Dummbell Press
2. 45 Degree Inclined Dummbell Fly
3. Flat Dumbell Press
4. Dips

I eat a ton of greens - most of them uncooked or quick steamed. I only eat oatmeal for my carbs unless I am unrestricted, I prefer a more predictable response which oats provide me with. I eat a tone of fish, chicken, raw red meat, etc, etc.

I can be more specific, but don't like to take up everyones time with dirty details.

MACHINE

C.Coronato
06-21-10, 11:37 pm
Any chance on making an ABC appearance in the tri state area? I know a ton of dudes would love to simply see you train my brother. Steel Gym in NYC is this saturday ..

BigAnt
06-22-10, 2:16 am
Hope all is well with you and your family...miss hanging out with you and watching you train in person...very motivating for me!

G Diesel
06-22-10, 9:29 am
Good to hear from you trooper...I think of you often and know you are out there keepin em honest.

I keep re-reading 'A People's History of the United States' - Howard Zinn. It keeps me centered and I like to feel the embers of prolitariate rage on a daily basis.

My current split has me performing "powerlifting" morning session to start the training off followed by an evening "bodybuilding" session. So a typical day would see me in the gym by 4:15 am, and then training one more time at around 6:00 pm.

Session 1:

1. Power good mornings
2. Barbell hack squats
3. Barbell squats

Session 2:

1. 30 Degree Inclined Dummbell Press
2. 45 Degree Inclined Dummbell Fly
3. Flat Dumbell Press
4. Dips

I eat a ton of greens - most of them uncooked or quick steamed. I only eat oatmeal for my carbs unless I am unrestricted, I prefer a more predictable response which oats provide me with. I eat a tone of fish, chicken, raw red meat, etc, etc.

I can be more specific, but don't like to take up everyones time with dirty details.

MACHINE

C'mon man, the specificity and the dirty details are what I came here for. I know the macro shit, I'm looking for the microscopic shit I need to be doing.

On the raw red meat, are we talking like homemade steak tartare?

As for "A People's History..." it is serious business man. The early chapters about indigenous North American natives are rough to get through. Midway through John Brown gets a page or so of love as well. A historical document told from the perspective of the common people instead of the power brokers and governments is a real eye-opener. There is a large segment of our populace that has no interest in hearing that stuff and would rather remain blind to the facts as it is a little disconcerting.

I remember walking through NYC with Machine doing a trade show. Guy walks up to him off the street and says... "You are one big mofo." Machines reply... "I don't f my Mom." and keeps walking. Classic.

Awesome story.

Also quoted for an apparent fear of profanity on the part of the author.

Peace, G

D-NUTZ
06-22-10, 9:53 am
I remember walking through NYC with Machine doing a trade show. Guy walks up to him off the street and says... "You are one big mofo." Machines reply... "I don't f my Mom." and keeps walking. Classic.

Haha. I LOL'd. Man, i hope i get to meet this guy someday!

The Misfit
06-27-10, 2:01 am
As quoted in the article "Supplement Talk",
Machine: Me, I think a lot of the liquid creatines are scams. I’m no chemist, but I don’t see how they could keep compounds like this stable. Athletes should make informed decisions about supplements. They’re no magic bullets. Too often, guys get too caught up in looking for a miracle to save them.

Machine you make mention of your view on liquid creatines and their lack of stability. Based on such, should one (as in myself) therefore be more inclined to move away from a product such as storm and switch to creatine chews??

Thank you. I very much appreciate your feedback.

TylerC
06-27-10, 2:36 pm
Machine I've been following you for a long time now and I've heard you talk about meditation before, like you feel that meditation can make up for the lack of sleep since you sleep for around 4 hours or so a night. What advice would you give someone thats looking to start using meditation to improve their physical and mental state? How would you advise someone to start using it, etc.

By the way, following up on g diesel's words, I also would appreciate some more of the "micro" stuff in your life. I enjoy the "day in the life" stuff and seeing your meals and training routines.

Machine
06-27-10, 7:53 pm
As quoted in the article "Supplement Talk",
Machine: Me, I think a lot of the liquid creatines are scams. I’m no chemist, but I don’t see how they could keep compounds like this stable. Athletes should make informed decisions about supplements. They’re no magic bullets. Too often, guys get too caught up in looking for a miracle to save them.

Machine you make mention of your view on liquid creatines and their lack of stability. Based on such, should one (as in myself) therefore be more inclined to move away from a product such as storm and switch to creatine chews??

Thank you. I very much appreciate your feedback.

I'm pretty certain that this was in reference to some of the sham gel creatines I hear are coming about soon. I utilize storm and chews at different stages in my preperation. Thank you and keep bangin away.

MACHINE

Machine
06-27-10, 8:09 pm
[QUOTE=TylerC;972070]Machine I've been following you for a long time now and I've heard you talk about meditation before, like you feel that meditation can make up for the lack of sleep since you sleep for around 4 hours or so a night. What advice would you give someone thats looking to start using meditation to improve their physical and mental state? How would you advise someone to start using it, etc.

By the way, following up on g diesel's words, I also would appreciate some more of the "micro" stuff in your life. I enjoy the "day in"

I don't feel comfortable with the phrase "making up for sleep." Sleep science is realatively new compared to the meditation piece in that meditation has been with the civilized world for a long, long time. I prepare for every function and facet of my life using meditation. It isn't my sleep equalizer, but some scientists and researchers believe that meditation is a powerfully impactful tool which in most cases does breech the gap between adequate rest and exhaustion, and I agree with them. For many reasons, I recommend meditation in your life and all you really need is a quiet place, and some intropective stillness to prepare you to envision that certain something which sets your mind, spirit, and soul free.

I'm sure before long this will turn into a "instructional how to" on the art of meditation...I am not a mystic Yogi...but I practice meditation in my own way and have since I was a child. I recommend no noise, a cool soothing space, and begin to still your mind from the worries and troubles of your life. Start by conceptualizing total fullfillment...whatever that means for you...for me it can be nothing more than the picture of my soul as a serene, peaceful, bottomless lake, which is all healing.

Try it and PM me...let me know how you are coming along, but be patient...it isn't automatic.

MACHINE

charlievanriper
06-28-10, 1:14 am
Just had a thought and was gonna run it by you and its late, and I lost my thought lol oh well it will come to me probably later.

nickeas88
06-28-10, 9:26 am
What's up Machine? I'm fairly new to the animalpak forum.. First I would like to say how inspirational your articles have been.. I can re-read them all the time.. Very motivating stuff sir.. You should get Ox to start publishing some new articles on the site..

I was wondering if you've ever had any shoulder problems in the past that might relate to the one I have right now.. It started getting irritated after back sessions.. One morning I just woke up and it was too damn painful to do anything.. It didn't pop or anything, its just a little pain.. Its my right shoulder and it hurts when I "pull", and do overhead presses.. I can bench and its pretty good.. It also hurts when I do the "cross body shoulder stretch".. My corpsman has me taking 800mg ibuprofen 3 times a day for 2 weeks and pretty much resting it.. What do you think?

c-doll
06-30-10, 4:34 pm
Machine,

I have a couple questions. One, in the journal entry you posted in this thread, you detail your training sessions and state that the only rest taken between sets is to change the weight. How long have you employed this technique? What purpose does it serve?

Also, what writers have influenced your writing style and thought process?

Thanks

Machine
06-30-10, 10:30 pm
Machine,

I have a couple questions. One, in the journal entry you posted in this thread, you detail your training sessions and state that the only rest taken between sets is to change the weight. How long have you employed this technique? What purpose does it serve?

Also, what writers have influenced your writing style and thought process?

Thanks

I prefer to use this "wild card" approach as an intensity booster, and it allows me to keep relatively lean without a weigh down or dieting. I dont run cycles like this for more than six weeks before I change up.

Leonard Peltier...Dalton Trumbo...Earnest Himmingway...Dylan Thomas

MACHINE

Big C
06-30-10, 10:33 pm
Yo Machine...out of curiosity, have you ever trained at the Iron Chamber Gym in Canton, Ohio? Been there a couple times and they just moved their gym...but there were some quotes on their walls with your name at the bottom.

I didn't know if you actually signed the walls or if someone just put some of your famous quotes up.

Thanks bro..take care.

Flash419
06-30-10, 10:38 pm
I remember walking through NYC with Machine doing a trade show. Guy walks up to him off the street and says... "You are one big mofo." Machines reply... "I don't f my Mother." and keeps walking. Classic.

ROFL ... perfection.

Got to love a guy who says what we all have thought at one moment or another.

Keep it going brother...

U Mad Brah?
07-01-10, 3:58 pm
machine brah, can natty brahs still get by with lack of sleep my good brah? with 4 hr of sleep, this here brah feels like a zombie brah

Machine
07-03-10, 10:39 am
Yo Machine...out of curiosity, have you ever trained at the Iron Chamber Gym in Canton, Ohio? Been there a couple times and they just moved their gym...but there were some quotes on their walls with your name at the bottom.

I didn't know if you actually signed the walls or if someone just put some of your famous quotes up.

Thanks bro..take care.

Very close ties with Iron Chamber Gym...they are good people...never been there physically...but I am there in spirit.

MACHINE

Machine
07-03-10, 10:51 am
What's up Machine? I'm fairly new to the animalpak forum.. First I would like to say how inspirational your articles have been.. I can re-read them all the time.. Very motivating stuff sir.. You should get Ox to start publishing some new articles on the site..

I was wondering if you've ever had any shoulder problems in the past that might relate to the one I have right now.. It started getting irritated after back sessions.. One morning I just woke up and it was too damn painful to do anything.. It didn't pop or anything, its just a little pain.. Its my right shoulder and it hurts when I "pull", and do overhead presses.. I can bench and its pretty good.. It also hurts when I do the "cross body shoulder stretch".. My corpsman has me taking 800mg ibuprofen 3 times a day for 2 weeks and pretty much resting it.. What do you think?

Many, many people often mistake an injury in the biceps tendon as a shoulder injury. The biceps tendon can become inflammed at the shoulder insertion point...if it slips from its natural groove...it can radiate pain throughout the shoulder joint and the athlete will have the perception that they have an injury to the shoulder joint itself. I recommend seeing a orthopedic specialist...good luck in the military...but that specialist should concern himself with determining the root cause of the inflammation. I belive in the miracle of ice...ice baths...ice massage...all of these flood the affected area with freshly oxygenated blood and this promotes healing. Also, google a short instructional pamphlet entitled "The Seven Minute Rotator Cuff Solution." This information was compiled as a precursor to surgery. Ironically...I broke my right shoulder, tore ligaments in it, and fucked it up royally while I was in the military...they told me I needed full open surgery...I refused...and used my own approach, along with the information in this pamphlet to rehab the injury myself. One full year later...I military pressed 415 pounds for three reps.

Good luck and keep us posted.

MACHINE

Machine
07-03-10, 10:58 am
machine brah, can natty brahs still get by with lack of sleep my good brah? with 4 hr of sleep, this here brah feels like a zombie brah

Yes, I believe it is not a lack of sleep, but an alternative to the traditional and accepted sleep model in which meditation techniques are an an indespensable part of the strategy. You must understand the importance of the meditation piece, and impliment it successfully in order to maximize this lifestyle alternative.

Good Luck

MACHINE

Machine
07-03-10, 11:10 am
I read as part of my daily life; and I especially love reading trial information and trascripts as they satisfy two of my interests...Law and History. I love the Famous Trials Hompage, it gives great A to Z coverage of historical trials including complete trial transcripts. So much of how we live everyday is impacted by law and that evolutionary legal process is reflected in the famous trials of each generation. That is some of what consumes my reading time. I am also fascinated with the writings of political and societal dissidents throughout history which seems to satisfy my societal and psychological interests aptly. In reality I have scarce little time to read all the literature I would like to consume. We must concern ourselves with scholar, I dont care if a man attends University or not...we must continually educate ourselves through literature and the intake of information.

MACHINE

Sprint
07-11-10, 8:27 pm
Just wanted to say you pretty much summed up my approach to my work when you mentioned about challenging the status quo, & also about being a role model and somebody for everybody else to look up to. Especially when you answered the question about who your role models were and the answer is basically the person you are trying to, and have, become. Saying about your physique opening doors for you also rang a bell with me, Im not huge but I turn heads (more to do with my width & thickness in relation to my height more than out & out size, Im short so not far off seeming to be as wide as I am tall) & used to be a right skinny pencil. The difference in how people respond is incredible (incidently, I started lifting because I enjoy it, the challenge and the feeling, and being able to alter your appearance over time, not due to any 'short-man sydrome' etc I actually enjoy being a bit of the short side, ironically it seems to help me stand out).
In terms of role models, Im trying to be somebody I'd feel comfortable asking for advice, where this path will take me, Im not sure, Id love to do the youth/inmate rehabilitation as you are, Id also love to help sufferers of various disabilities after being on a training course & seeing a video of a young girl with cerebal palsy, and the difference over a year of physical training was unbelivable, Im not ashamed to say I had more than a single tear in my eye. It moved me away (crumbs, it just moved me full stop) from my long held ambition to train elite athletes for something that would feel so much more rewarding. Of course, a mixture of all 3 would be the absolute ideal.
Now, please dont get me wrong, Im absolutely nowhere near your size & am a long way off matching your achievements (in the gym and life in general) so Im not trying to compare myself with you or anything of the sort.
As a Personal Trainer, I see so many of not just my fellow colleagues but other gym goers with the wrong attitude, i.e. lack of respect, unfounded & unjustified arrogance, trying to intimidate others and so on.
Im trying to bring some of the old-school Animal respect not just to my profession but to gyms as a whole. The gym where I work has its own Ladies-only gym, which yeah that's great but I want the fitness industry to get to a point where we dont need it.
To be perfectly honest, this is one hell of a long post when all Im really trying to say is, give or take some of the very minor details, I look at you and in terms of spirit and intent, you're pretty much the personification of what Im trying to achieve.
But you manage to sum it up a lot better than I do, hence the essay.
I think it's important for you to know this, because whilst you're giving loads, I want to try and give a little back. Right now though, the only thing I have to give is my written appreciation & gratitude.

Machine
07-11-10, 8:48 pm
I am flattered and certainly not deserving of your kind thoughts and words, but thank you very much, this is why I live my life the way I do...sometimes you lift your head up from the stone...and you realize that somebody feels the same way you do...even across the pond.

In times past, words were thought, action was favored over complacency, and men believed in the power of their dreams.

Be steadfast and never diviate from the path; the beliefs you espouse make you worthy of being a role model and a mentor to those among you who are distracted at present...guide them.

Thank you.

MACHINE

randy1996
07-15-10, 7:45 am
i hurt my lower back doing deadlifts. Got any advice to help my back? or any advice on doing deadlifts?

Maccabee
07-19-10, 8:43 pm
Hey Machine,

I see videos of people doing barbell presses to the forehead, the nose, the chin, and others to the chest. What's the right way?

Also, I wanted to ask how the hell did you build your pressing power. I have read articles where you were hitting 405+. Most people these days will be lucky if they get two plates a side.

I want that strength.

Thank you for your time.

Machine
07-19-10, 8:58 pm
i hurt my lower back doing deadlifts. Got any advice to help my back? or any advice on doing deadlifts?

I recommend doing reverse back hyper extensions, and power good mornings to rehab your back...then begin to deadlift in reverse by setting the pins in a power rack at a height just above top lockout and perform your reps with a double overhand wide grip. Then in each successive deadlift session lower the pins one hole. So you should be lowering the pins once per week or once each time you deadlift in a session. This will facilitate overall healing and reintroduction to the deads. Work into it slowly and dont up the weight without total control and comfort that you are ready.

MACHINE

Big C
07-19-10, 9:06 pm
What up big man...

After my cut is over I'm considering doing legs twice a week....like on Tuesday and Saturday. Quads/hams one day and just quads the other day. Just measured my legs at 29 inches but my upper body is still overpowering them.

Would you recommend this and if so, would you hit low reps one day and high reps the other leg day? Thanks for any input my man.

Machine
07-19-10, 9:09 pm
Hey Machine,

I see videos of people doing barbell presses to the forehead, the nose, the chin, and others to the chest. What's the right way?

Also, I wanted to ask how the hell did you build your pressing power. I have read articles where you were hitting 405+. Most people these days will be lucky if they get two plates a side.

I want that strength.

Thank you for your time.

I always belived in the delt/chest tie-in and as such I built my shoulder and chest routines around the premise that you borrow from the power of the chest to build the shoulder foundation...and you borrow from the power of the shoulders to build the chest foundation. That said...I prefered the angle on the shoulder presses to be slightly less rigid than most to facilitate improved stability and pressing power, you must also have extremely strong triceps I routinely close grip benched 450 for reps...this will help. So...drop the angle of the bench during barbell and dumbell presses, ALWAYS STACK THE HANDS DIRECTLY ABOVE THE SHOULDER JOINTS during chest and shoulder pressing, and up the angle of the inclined presses barbell and dumbell presses. Secondarily, I always did extremely heavy dumbell shoulder presses as I believe this potentiates total shoulder stability and strength.

Chest training is the same way in that I always handled extremely heavy dumbells during chest training and again this potentiates total stability and strength.

Also, you can bring the barbell down as low as is comfortable for you...I bring it an inch below the level of the chin.

MACHINE

Machine
07-24-10, 4:30 pm
The time in between the plans you make and the war you wage is often consumed by interactions with people who do not embrace thought as action. People who do not understand the value of time. I once heard it said that in music, it is the notes you don't play which make you a great musician. The same can be said in the gymnasium...one must not only concern himself with the proper actions to take inside the weight room, but the all important inactions as well. This is the difference between a gym rat and an athlete.

MACHINE

ZombiePower
07-27-10, 8:46 pm
how do i get my muscles to show without flexing them? when i flex you can clearly see my muscles when i dont its just plain

Machine
07-27-10, 9:10 pm
how do i get my muscles to show without flexing them? when i flex you can clearly see my muscles when i dont its just plain

This will come over a long period time and after many years of hard work and sweat.

Good luck.

MACHINE

Maccabee
07-27-10, 10:52 pm
Hey Machine,

Do you agree that you need an olympic coach to teach you how to perform the olympic lifts?

I keep reading that you would never be able to perform them properly without a coach to show you how.

Thank you.

Machine
07-28-10, 7:49 pm
Hey Machine,

Do you agree that you need an olympic coach to teach you how to perform the olympic lifts?

I keep reading that you would never be able to perform them properly without a coach to show you how.

Thank you.

I have known only a very few people who were self taught olympic lifters. I would do my research, check my local area for expertise, and try to align myself with individuals who are in the know about this specific area. Many of the coaches and or consultants can actually coach you via video sessions in which you tape your sessions and they instruct you from there. I must tell out front that the olympic lifts are extremely athletic movements and are very difficult to learn much less master...but no one can keep a man from his desires, should that man be properly motivated.

Good luck.

MACHINE

TigerAce01
07-29-10, 4:40 am
I have known only a very few people who were self taught olympic lifters. I would do my research, check my local area for expertise, and try to align myself with individuals who are in the know about this specific area. Many of the coaches and or consultants can actually coach you via video sessions in which you tape your sessions and they instruct you from there. I must tell out front that the olympic lifts are extremely athletic movements and are very difficult to learn much less master...but no one can keep a man from his desires, should that man be properly motivated.

Good luck.

MACHINE

Tommy Kono...self taught in his basement. Last American to win a gold medal at the Olympics, last American to win a world championship.

-Ace

Grue
07-29-10, 5:31 am
Regarding the Olympic Lift; who would do them?
My current goal is just to gain size and strength. Size is higher priority.

Now the Olympic lift looks like something fun and different to do. But would I just be wasting my time and if not with what days would you do them. Back, leg or shoulder day?

Thanks
Grue

Machine
07-29-10, 8:48 pm
Regarding the Olympic Lift; who would do them?
My current goal is just to gain size and strength. Size is higher priority.

Now the Olympic lift looks like something fun and different to do. But would I just be wasting my time and if not with what days would you do them. Back, leg or shoulder day?

Thanks
Grue

I would not "do them" unless they were a calling for me...something to which I attached great value...then it would be worth the fight. Anything less than the above described scenario is something I would not recommend. These are not liesure time lifts...not saying you can't anty up...not at all...just be in love with this style of training...but don't try to have a one night stand with it, or you could wind up pissing razor blades the next morning.

Good luck.

MACHINE

Sprint
07-29-10, 8:50 pm
I would not "do them" unless they were a calling for me...something to which I attached great value...then it would be worth the fight. Anything less than the above described scenario is something I would not recommend. These are not liesure time lifts...not saying you can't anty up...not at all...just be in love with this style of training...but don't try to have a one night stand with it, or you could wind up pissing razor blades the next morning.

Good luck.

MACHINE

best. metaphor. ever.

msktyshha
07-29-10, 9:50 pm
no one can keep a man from his desires, should that man be properly motivated.

Good luck.

MACHINE

fuckin true

Grue
07-30-10, 2:50 am

Good luck.

MACHINE

If they not going bring value for my building of muscle. Then I won't do them. Because it will be more of something I add to my routine and not a "calling for me". So I won't waste my time with them.

But if it did add great value, I would have started light and worked my way up, so I can keep perfect form. I usually have I thing with exercises I don't like. I force myself to do them every week until I master them. Usually end up loving them. lol

Thx MACHNIE

Machine
07-31-10, 11:50 am
If they not going bring value for my building of muscle. Then I won't do them. Because it will be more of something I add to my routine and not a "calling for me". So I won't waste my time with them.

But if it did add great value, I would have started light and worked my way up, so I can keep perfect form. I usually have I thing with exercises I don't like. I force myself to do them every week until I master them. Usually end up loving them. lol

Thx MACHNIE

No...thank you. You seem to be an interesting and deliberate person...I admire those traits and wish you continued success.

MACHINE

ZombiePower
08-02-10, 5:28 pm
ok i really dont wanna lose muscle mass or muscle period but i heard if you do alot of cardio you lose muscle is that true? cause im fat and need to lose fat so im gonna start on extra heavy cardio is this gonna make me lose muscle? or muscle mass?

Joe J
08-02-10, 5:34 pm
eat a lot of protein, and eat limited carbs and a few healthy fats. try out a diet and see how it works for you, keep up the cardio to burn the fat off.

what does your current diet look like and what are you stats?

prowrestler
08-02-10, 6:20 pm
ill ask a very general question im sure many people would love to hear answered

Machine, building the arms, whats your method? how do you like to train them? what if they are a lagging body part?

_wheeler_
08-04-10, 5:18 am
What do you think about this?

Day 1: Back, traps, rear delt and abs

Wide grip pulldown to front
Bent-over barbell row
Deadlift
Dumbbell row
Close grip pulldown
Barbell shrug
Dumbbell shrug
Bent-over lateral raise

superset:
cable crunch
leg reises

Day 2: Chest, front and side delts

Barbell bench press
Incline barbell bench press
Incline dumbbell flies
Pull-over
Cable crossover
Seated or standing military press (barbell)
Dumbbell lateral raise
Dumbbell front raises
One arm cable lateral raise

Day 3: rest

Day 4: Legs, calves

Leg extension
Squat
Leg press
Lying leg curl
Shitted leg deadlift

Seated calf raise
Leg press calf raise

Day 5: Arms, abs

Standing EZ-bar curl
Incline dumbbell curl
Bodycross hammer curl
Rope pushdown
Close-grip bench press
Weighted dips
Overhead cable extension with straight bar

superset:
cable crunch
leg reises

_wheeler_
08-04-10, 5:38 am

Bent-over barbell row
Deadlift
Dumbbell row
Close grip pulldown
Barbell shrug
Dumbbell shrug
Bent-over lateral raise

superset:
cable crunch
leg reises

Barbell bench press
Incline dumbbell flies
Pull-over
Cable crossover
Dumbbell lateral raise
Dumbbell front raises

Leg extension
Squat
Leg press
Lying leg curl
Straight Leg deadlift

Seated calf raise
Leg press calf raise

Standing EZ-bar curl
Incline dumbbell curl
Bodycross hammer curl
Rope pushdown
Close-grip bench press
Weighted dips

superset:
cable crunch
leg reises

thanks

ZombiePower
08-04-10, 12:10 pm
thanks

looks impressive but i wanna see how much weight youre haulin

_wheeler_
08-04-10, 2:01 pm
looks impressive but i wanna see how much weight youre haulin

Hmmm now i can bench about 250 lbs x 6-8, squatting with 365 lbs x 6 and deadlift about 365 x 4-6, i know i'm not so strong (but i'm only 17:). Anyway i've forgotten one excersie from back day; after close grip pulldown there are some seated calbe rows.

ZombiePower
08-04-10, 10:31 pm
Hmmm now i can bench about 250 lbs x 6-8, squatting with 365 lbs x 6 and deadlift about 365 x 4-6, i know i'm not so strong (but i'm only 17:). Anyway i've forgotten one excersie from back day; after close grip pulldown there are some seated calbe rows.

pretty impressive

Machine
08-04-10, 10:49 pm
ok i really dont wanna lose muscle mass or muscle period but i heard if you do alot of cardio you lose muscle is that true? cause im fat and need to lose fat so im gonna start on extra heavy cardio is this gonna make me lose muscle? or muscle mass?

Do you want my guidance or this other guy's?

MACHINE

Machine
08-04-10, 10:51 pm
eat a lot of protein, and eat limited carbs and a few healthy fats. try out a diet and see how it works for you, keep up the cardio to burn the fat off.

what does your current diet look like and what are you stats?

I thought this thread was entitled "Ask Machine" not trying to be a dick...but if you are gonna be me then I got a huge fucking list of shit you can knock out while you're at it brother...

MACHINE

Machine
08-04-10, 10:54 pm
ill ask a very general question im sure many people would love to hear answered

Machine, building the arms, whats your method? how do you like to train them? what if they are a lagging body part?

Please be advised that biceps training works the same way for everyone from Ronnie Coleman to Mike Hunt:

1. A position of pure strength: Standing barbell curls

2. A position of pre-stretch: Inclined dumbell curls

3. A position of isolation: One armed preacher curls

I have no problem advocating no more than 9 or 10 sets total for biceps for almost any properly informed athlete. Aim for getting more out of each set and rep rather than just adding volume.

Good luck.

MACHINE

Machine
08-04-10, 10:58 pm

Bent-over barbell row
Deadlift
Dumbbell row
Close grip pulldown
Barbell shrug
Dumbbell shrug
Bent-over lateral raise

superset:
cable crunch
leg reises

Barbell bench press
Incline dumbbell flies
Pull-over
Cable crossover
Dumbbell lateral raise
Dumbbell front raises

Leg extension
Squat
Leg press
Lying leg curl
Shitted leg deadlift

Seated calf raise
Leg press calf raise

Standing EZ-bar curl
Incline dumbbell curl
Bodycross hammer curl
Rope pushdown
Close-grip bench press
Weighted dips

superset:
cable crunch
leg reises

I think this a considerable amount of volume for a man of your age...consider dropping some of this.

MACHINE

ZombiePower
08-05-10, 1:59 am

MACHINE

yours

_wheeler_
08-05-10, 4:38 am
I think this a considerable amount of volume for a man of your age...consider dropping some of this.

MACHINE

Thanks the answer! Anyway I've used this since months, and it works so well. I just wanted to be sure it's ok or not. And what do you think, it would be better to train my shoulder on an other day or it' good after chest?

norrim1
08-05-10, 4:52 am
I have a few questions about a piece you wrote, "The Shotgun Cycle". I was in attendance when you performed this routine and I couldn't help but notice the amount of athleticism that you put on display. That and the considerable amount of weight you were able to handle under so much stress.

During the past few months I have made a few changes in my own training and noticed something remarkable. I had always fallen into just chasing numbers for the sake of pure strength. Which, at times, compromised my form and endurance. Recently, I decided to start from scratch a little. Instead of how many repetitions I could perform or with a certain poundage, I focused all of my ability on making every repetition count. I reduced the weight I was working with dramatically and took it upon myself to execute each repetition with perfect form. It was humbling at first, but after a while things really started to advance quickly in my desired direction. After 3 months or so, for example, I was able to somewhat easily surpass the weight I was previously working with, but much more convincingly. Also, my form remained as flawless as possible and I was able to greatly reduce my recovery time between sets.

Now, I would like to incorporate more of your methodologies into my own training. When you first starting training with "The Shotgun Cycle", what would you say you used percentage wise with the weights? 50...60%? Is this method done solely for endurance and athleticism? In your own personal experience, did you also gain a substantial amount of strength and power after completing a training phase using this method? Hope things are well on your end...thanks for the help.

lpgear
08-05-10, 1:29 pm
Machine I was wondering what kind of workout you would recommend for a female that wants to get big ive been jumping around trying to find a good workout plan to gain muscle and want huge arms.

prowrestler
08-05-10, 1:41 pm
i like the bicep advise there, hell i feel 6 sets is enough if done right. but the position training is great

what is your take on tricep training then?

Mattman33
08-05-10, 2:44 pm
Please be advised that biceps training works the same way for everyone from Ronnie Coleman to Mike Hunt:

1. A position of pure strength: Standing barbell curls

2. A position of pre-stretch: Inclined dumbell curls

3. A position of isolation: One armed preacher curls

I have no problem advocating no more than 9 or 10 sets total for biceps for almost any properly informed athlete. Aim for getting more out of each set and rep rather than just adding volume.

Good luck.

MACHINE

Awesome advice! Would triceps then be very similar? Maybe using CG bench for the pure strength, over head DB extension for the pre-stretch, and one armed kick backs for isolation.

ZombiePower
08-10-10, 9:18 pm

MACHINE

i want your guidance

Machine
08-11-10, 10:05 pm
Thanks the answer! Anyway I've used this since months, and it works so well. I just wanted to be sure it's ok or not. And what do you think, it would be better to train my shoulder on an other day or it' good after chest?

I would not train my shoulders and chest in the same session...but if you like it...that is allthat matters.

Good luck.

MACHINE

Machine
08-11-10, 10:13 pm
I have a few questions about a piece you wrote, "The Shotgun Cycle". I was in attendance when you performed this routine and I couldn't help but notice the amount of athleticism that you put on display. That and the considerable amount of weight you were able to handle under so much stress.

During the past few months I have made a few changes in my own training and noticed something remarkable. I had always fallen into just chasing numbers for the sake of pure strength. Which, at times, compromised my form and endurance. Recently, I decided to start from scratch a little. Instead of how many repetitions I could perform or with a certain poundage, I focused all of my ability on making every repetition count. I reduced the weight I was working with dramatically and took it upon myself to execute each repetition with perfect form. It was humbling at first, but after a while things really started to advance quickly in my desired direction. After 3 months or so, for example, I was able to somewhat easily surpass the weight I was previously working with, but much more convincingly. Also, my form remained as flawless as possible and I was able to greatly reduce my recovery time between sets.

Now, I would like to incorporate more of your methodologies into my own training. When you first starting training with "The Shotgun Cycle", what would you say you used percentage wise with the weights? 50...60%? Is this method done solely for endurance and athleticism? In your own personal experience, did you also gain a substantial amount of strength and power after completing a training phase using this method? Hope things are well on your end...thanks for the help.

I am humbled by your growth and development and proud of you in a huge way.

1. I experienced a preiod of transition with training poundages much in the same way you did...but didnt notice a huge dropp off considering I have always modified my training sessions to reflect my desire to be athletic. Your training weights will move.

2. This method can be utilized for breaking percieved "training plateuas", improving endurance, athletic improvement, but most of all for utilzing weight, rep speed, and session speed to impact total training intensity...in this manner one becomes a different athlete.

3. I did gain foundational strength, power, and endurance through the utilization of this methodology...it is all transitional in nature and one must always be moving mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually...

Keep up the good work!

MACHINE

Machine
08-11-10, 10:15 pm
Awesome advice! Would triceps then be very similar? Maybe using CG bench for the pure strength, over head DB extension for the pre-stretch, and one armed kick backs for isolation.

Now you are engineering your training sessions to make good sense!

This is growth and development people!

AWESOME!!

MACHINE

Machine
08-11-10, 10:17 pm
Machine I was wondering what kind of workout you would recommend for a female that wants to get big ive been jumping around trying to find a good workout plan to gain muscle and want huge arms.

PM me and we can work on it...I need specifics...athletic factors...bodyweight...height...experience...etc.. .etc

MACHINE

SizeMatters
08-12-10, 2:49 am
machine i just pm'd you i was hoping you could help me out....let me know brother

Ghost26
08-20-10, 8:38 pm
quick question machine, how do you guys approach a lagging body part. Do you double the training on it, lessen the training, what do you do for a lagging body part before a comp to bring it up quickly. My biceps are lagging behind the rest of my body and its prob because i have long arms. Im 6 ft. 205 lbs and 18 years old. my arms measure out to 16 3/4. I know that if i could bring my biceps up it would make my arms look so much thicker. Thanks bro

rskellyjr
08-20-10, 11:53 pm
I worked out a lot in my early 20s and in my opinion was in pretty good shape. Went through a really bad divorce after marrying a life sucking succubus from hell and gained a lot of weight. In February of this year I started dieting and working out again. I work 12 hour rotating shifts so time is always limited. I have however managed to lose about 30 pounds and have put on a pretty good amount of mass while gaining much of my strength and endurance back. I just received a promotion at work and will soon switch to 8 hours days opening a whole new window for me to pump up my game. I have my workout routines set and my meal plan established but here is where I need a little help.

I still have some body fat I want to get rid of and I don't know if I should continue to focus on building muscle mass or cutting fat and really how to do the both simultaneously. I keep hearing too much shit about dont do cardio... do cardio, eat this eat that....I just want somebody who knows what the fuck they are doing to give some honest straight pointers. I use animalpak multivitamins. I am considering using the Animal Cuts to help cut my body fat is this a good idea and do you have any pointers on what other supplements to take while using it. I figure i can get a honest answer here...thanks alot for the help in advance!!

Robert

U Mad Brah?
08-24-10, 10:30 am
where u at machine brah... miss readin ur entries brah

mkat
08-30-10, 1:04 pm
Hello,

So I am wanting to lose a few pounds and get cut. I am currently replacing my breakfast and lunch with 100% whey protein and eat a hearty lunch. I do alot of cardio as well...was wondering if I should add Animal cuts and of so how should I go about doing that. Hope you can help!!!

-M

mkat
08-30-10, 1:05 pm
Hello,

So I am wanting to lose a few pounds and get cut. I am currently replacing my breakfast and lunch with 100% whey protein and eat a hearty lunch. I do alot of cardio as well...was wondering if I should add Animal cuts and of so how should I go about doing that. Hope you can help!!!

-M

Machine
08-31-10, 11:29 pm
quick question machine, how do you guys approach a lagging body part. Do you double the training on it, lessen the training, what do you do for a lagging body part before a comp to bring it up quickly. My biceps are lagging behind the rest of my body and its prob because i have long arms. Im 6 ft. 205 lbs and 18 years old. my arms measure out to 16 3/4. I know that if i could bring my biceps up it would make my arms look so much thicker. Thanks bro

I dont know all of your athletic factors...with the limited information I have...I recommend that you approach your training as phase 1 and act accordingly. There is always a lagging bodypart, there is always something you need to address...without acknowledging that...we operate under the assumption that we need no improvement.

Train for six years down the road...not the next inch added to your biceps measurement. Attack the basic lifts because they potentiate growth a tthe end of the day. Bench press, dead lift, squat...these will all potentiate monstrous growth in your body.

Good luck

MACHINE

Machine
08-31-10, 11:35 pm
I worked out a lot in my early 20s and in my opinion was in pretty good shape. Went through a really bad divorce after marrying a life sucking succubus from hell and gained a lot of weight. In February of this year I started dieting and working out again. I work 12 hour rotating shifts so time is always limited. I have however managed to lose about 30 pounds and have put on a pretty good amount of mass while gaining much of my strength and endurance back. I just received a promotion at work and will soon switch to 8 hours days opening a whole new window for me to pump up my game. I have my workout routines set and my meal plan established but here is where I need a little help.

I still have some body fat I want to get rid of and I don't know if I should continue to focus on building muscle mass or cutting fat and really how to do the both simultaneously. I keep hearing too much shit about dont do cardio... do cardio, eat this eat that....I just want somebody who knows what the fuck they are doing to give some honest straight pointers. I use animalpak multivitamins. I am considering using the Animal Cuts to help cut my body fat is this a good idea and do you have any pointers on what other supplements to take while using it. I figure i can get a honest answer here...thanks alot for the help in advance!!

Robert

Robert,

You need to forget that dated shit about bulking and cutting phases...the way to procede is to determine your athletic factors...your optimal low end weight without dietary weigh down and contest prep protocols...likewise, you need to determine your optimal high end acceptable body weight.

Then you must add calories incrimentally - through clean choices - until your high end bodyweight increases. You need to monitor the way you look, the way you feel, and your strength and endurance to determine if you are heading in the right direction. Please PM me if you need some additional clarification.

Good luck

MACHINE

Machine
08-31-10, 11:37 pm
where u at machine brah... miss readin ur entries brah

Always here my man...just marshalling my strength and taking the pulse of the Animal Nation under the radar.

MACHINE

Machine
08-31-10, 11:40 pm
Hello,

-M

Please include your age, height, weight, and athletic goals so I can take a real look at your factors...this is the only way to manage successful outcomes. I can help you if you are ready to be helped.

MACHINE

Machine
08-31-10, 11:41 pm
machine i just pm'd you i was hoping you could help me out....let me know brother

I can help you out...just give me some time.

MACHINE

eric downey
09-01-10, 1:36 am
PM me and we can work on it...I need specifics...athletic factors...bodyweight...height...experience...etc.. .etc

MACHINE

One of the most impressive post yet. So to often the women in our world or taken under the wing of some gym fuck tard just looking for a piece of ass. Wide up hurting themselves and never surpassing the level of there desire.

SizeMatters
09-01-10, 6:23 am
I can help you out...just give me some time.

MACHINE

ok man thank you it means ALOT, its in the middle of the season so i guess more of a maintance phase would be more efficent now? i dont know ill do anything you reccomend, as of now im switching to strongman for the mental challange

IronJD
09-02-10, 4:25 pm
Your training and nutrition philosophies intrigue me Machine, you can bet I'll be in here reading..analyzing..taking notes...thank you for this

U Mad Brah?
09-02-10, 5:13 pm
Always here my man...just marshalling my strength and taking the pulse of the Animal Nation under the radar.

MACHINE

nice to hav u back machine brah... keep up teh good work my good brah

Machine
09-02-10, 9:31 pm
nice to hav u back machine brah... keep up teh good work my good brah

Good to be back my friend...though I feel I am never far from my brothers and sisters.

MACHINE

Machine
09-05-10, 3:07 pm
Sometimes it can be much more painful to experience growth and development on the inside than it is to add physical size to ones frame. As time goes by, it becomes increasingly clear to me that preeminence is contingent upon ones ability to endure social growing pains as well as the physical ones. Because no matter what...you will have to share that thought that good idea, that emotion with the people around you, the people that make up your universe.

Fucked up huh?

MACHINE

Machine
09-05-10, 5:55 pm
Training in manner which becomes a rampaging fucking beast these days...driving unorthodox outcomes and breaking new ground in my own training and nutritional theory...now if I can only get people to listen to me...

I feel a breadth and depth of physical strain akin only to what I have felt previously in combat training...feels good and bloody inside.

MACHINE

Big C
09-05-10, 8:17 pm
now if I can only get people to listen to me...

MACHINE

I'm all ears brother.....keep doin the damn thing.

Necromatrix
09-05-10, 9:03 pm
I'm all ears brother.....keep doin the damn thing.

Double that.

Sprint
09-05-10, 9:19 pm
...now if I can only get people to listen to me...

MACHINE

Im listening bro, always look forward to your words.

Machine
09-06-10, 10:10 am
Im listening bro, always look forward to your words.

Good to hear men...we must create in the face of doubt and ignorance, but hasn't that always been the way.

MACHINE

Mattman33
09-06-10, 10:11 am
Training in manner which becomes a rampaging fucking beast these days...driving unorthodox outcomes and breaking new ground in my own training and nutritional theory...now if I can only get people to listen to me...

I feel a breadth and depth of physical strain akin only to what I have felt previously in combat training...feels good and bloody inside.

MACHINE

definitely listening....

Machine
09-06-10, 10:52 am
If you are listening then you should request that the U post my article on Nutritional Bracketing...this way my theoretical alternative to the "Bulking & Cutting" bodybuilding model can be veiwed and judged upon its merit. I cannot sit by and watch people blindly follow dated and inefficient methodology.

The best theory is often overlooked for its apparent lack of complication, remember the razor.

MACHINE

Machine
09-06-10, 1:24 pm
So...I am working with a football player; he plays half back and the offense presently employed doesnt necessarily suit his athletic factors.

height: 5"10
weight: 208
40 time: 4.39
NFL Bench: 225X34
Squat: 500X3
Dead lift: 475X3

I understand that he wont be in a position to be traded for at least 14 months; having said that, we will employ tactics to maximize his effectiveness where he is at presently.

I will use wild card training sessions, strongman training, pure bodybuilding training, power lifting training, and we will throw his nutritioin in the fucking shit can where it belongs. I will post his workouts and progress as progress is made.

Of course, these are not optimal training conditions as the season has already begun; and typically the heavy lifting is done in preseason. Nutrition will be the equalizer...he will live of die by his discipline at the dinner table.

Stay tuned.

MACHINE

Sprint
09-06-10, 6:40 pm
So...I am working with a football player; he plays half back and the offense presently employed doesnt necessarily suit his athletic factors.

I understand that he wont be in a position to be traded for at least 14 months; having said that, we will employ tactics to maximize his effectiveness where he is at presently.

I will use wild card training sessions, strongman training, pure bodybuilding training, power lifting training, and we will throw his nutritioin in the fucking shit can where it belongs. I will post his workouts and progress as progress is made.

Of course, these are not optimal training conditions as the season has already begun; and typically the heavy lifting is done in preseason. Nutrition will be the equalizer...he will live of die by his discipline at the dinner table.

Stay tuned.

MACHINE

Looking forward to this. The phrase "Class is in session" comes to mind.

How can I get my paws on the Nutritional Bracketing article?

Necromatrix
09-06-10, 7:57 pm
Looking forward to this. The phrase "Class is in session" comes to mind.

How can I get my paws on the Nutritional Bracketing article?

I sent the same question to Universal a few hours ago. :)

Sprint
09-06-10, 8:54 pm

Keep me updated on the response bro.

If needs be I'll have an ask of them myself, but they'd probably appreciate not being asked the same thing repeatedly if it can be avoided.

Necromatrix
09-06-10, 10:01 pm
Agreed. And I will certianly pass along any intell I receive.

Mattman33
09-07-10, 7:06 am

I just sent my email as well....

Machine
09-07-10, 9:33 pm
This is the reason I have strived and will continue to strive to produce high quality instructional and philosophical materials for the people who CHOOSE to benefit most from it...

No investment or effort is ever wasted, no thought which potentiates action is discounted which inspires people to rise.

Thank you.

MACHINE

Machine
09-07-10, 10:07 pm
People must be reminded that the age old philosophy still holds water.

SIZE BEGETS STRENGTH...AND STRENGTH BEGETS SIZE

For athletes whose primary concern is maximal applied strength...muscular size is a byproduct of their efforts in the weight room.

For athletes whose primary concern is muscular size and development...maximal applied strength is a byproduct of their efforts in the weight room.

The comingling of these two elements while athletically incidental, can have a profound impact on the training and performance of the test case athlete...provided the athlete relinquishes his awckward and flawed understanding of athletic training.

But my efforts with our football playing friend must be predicated upon the belief that these two athletic factors (muscular development & muscular strength) do not have to be mutually exclusive. And the addition of muscular weight to the athletes body does not have to make the athlete imobile, prone to injury, inflexable, slower, or less quick form side to side. In point of fact, in almost every possible scenario, all individuals are well served across the board by being stong and large, in no particular order of importance.

The tactics employed will borrow from all fields of athletic endeavor because I believe, as did the athletes who came before me, that there are no bad or ineffective training principles...only flawed applications of them.

MACHINE

Sprint
09-08-10, 7:59 am
People must be reminded that the age old philosophy still holds water.

SIZE BEGETS STRENGTH...AND STRENGTH BEGETS SIZE

For athletes whose primary concern is maximal applied strength...muscular size is a byproduct of their efforts in the weight room.

For athletes whose primary concern is muscular size and development...maximal applied strength is a byproduct of their efforts in the weight room.

The comingling of these two elements while athletically incidental, can have a profound impact on the training and performance of the test case athlete...provided the athlete relinquishes his awckward and flawed understanding of athletic training.

But my efforts with our football playing friend must be predicated upon the belief that these two athletic factors (muscular development & muscular strength) do not have to be mutually exclusive. And the addition of muscular weight to the athletes body does not have to make the athlete imobile, prone to injury, inflexable, slower, or less quick form side to side. In point of fact, in almost every possible scenario, all individuals are well served across the board by being stong and large, in no particular order of importance.

The tactics employed will borrow from all fields of athletic endeavor because I believe, as did the athletes who came before me, that there are no bad or ineffective training principles...only flawed applications of them.

MACHINE

As a bodybuilding sprinter, Im pleased you share my view on this. Most people at the gym where I work refused to believe I was anything other than a "meat-head", & particularly refused to believe Im a competitive sprinter ("how could you run? you're too big", one of the receptionsts said to me) & 1 of the lifeguards is a keen football (soccer) player & wanted to get stronger for that sport, but didn't want to over do it because he was worried about getting too big & bulky.
I told him it's possible to be big, strong and fast. As long as you apply the training methods in the right way. He tried to argue that I was wrong, so I showed both him and the receptionist videos of me doing plyometrics training, using explosive power, agility & speed. They asked how I was able to do all of that when I look like I should be bulky & 'musclebound'.

I borrowed a line from your good self (not quite word for word, for the sentiment remained exact)

"Through the correct application of training."

The amount of ignorance towards this subject is little short of appalling, & possibly damaging to many individuals' potential.

G Diesel
09-08-10, 9:32 am

MACHINE

Music to my fucking ears bro.

Stay tuned.

MACHINE

Very much interested in seeing the outcome of this experiment big brother. He's in good hands.

Peace, G

BamBam
09-08-10, 11:40 am

Stay tuned.

MACHINE

I am/have been helping a local high school football team here so I am very very interested in seeing where this goes..

I'm listening bro... one of the silent majority waiting to wreak havok.. teach away bro.. you have another in your army.

Mattman33
09-08-10, 5:32 pm
I just sent my email as well....

here is my response to my questions regarding your article...

Hello Matt,

I believe it will be posted as soon as it is edited. I am not 100% sure tho, I will have to look into it.

Customer Service Representative, Universal Nutrition

Sprint
09-08-10, 5:42 pm
here is my response to my questions regarding your article...

Some progress on from the response given to Necromatrix.

Necromatrix
09-08-10, 8:15 pm
Some progress on from the response given to Necromatrix.

Indeed...

Maybe some one got thier wires crossed, perhaps. C'est la vie, no?

Machine
09-08-10, 8:40 pm
As a bodybuilding sprinter, Im pleased you share my view on this. Most people at the gym where I work refused to believe I was anything other than a "meat-head", & particularly refused to believe Im a competitive sprinter ("how could you run? you're too big", one of the receptionsts said to me) & 1 of the lifeguards is a keen football (soccer) player & wanted to get stronger for that sport, but didn't want to over do it because he was worried about getting too big & bulky.
I told him it's possible to be big, strong and fast. As long as you apply the training methods in the right way. He tried to argue that I was wrong, so I showed both him and the receptionist videos of me doing plyometrics training, using explosive power, agility & speed. They asked how I was able to do all of that when I look like I should be bulky & 'musclebound'.

I borrowed a line from your good self (not quite word for word, for the sentiment remained exact)

"Through the correct application of training."

The amount of ignorance towards this subject is little short of appalling, & possibly damaging to many individuals' potential.

Brother:

It is vindicating to find that others endure the same crap I go through. Believe me ...I have suffered all manner of indignities in this game. From people coming up to my dinner table to ask me how to set up a cycle of steroids while I was out with a woman, to hearing all of the foolish comments people make within earshot of me, to just the plain old disrespect shown in the face of true metaphysical committment to radical transformation...

Amazing that people would rather curse the darkness than light a candle. But nice to feel the bond we share even across the pond.

MACHINE

Sprint
09-08-10, 8:53 pm
Brother:

It is vindicating to find that others endure the same crap I go through. Believe me ...I have suffered all manner of indignities in this game. From people coming up to my dinner table to ask me how to set up a cycle of steroids while I was out with a woman, to hearing all of the foolish comments people make within earshot of me, to just the plain old disrespect shown in the face of true metaphysical committment to radical transformation...

Amazing that people would rather curse the darkness than light a candle. But nice to feel the bond we share even across the pond.

MACHINE

It only takes a single candle to light a room, & you can light endless candles from that first one.

Spread the word, be the proof, & people will see.

Sprint
09-08-10, 8:55 pm
Indeed...

Maybe some one got thier wires crossed, perhaps. C'est la vie, no?

Mon Francais est petite merde, mais ouis, C'est la vie mon aimee.

(That's kind of right, I think)

Necromatrix
09-08-10, 10:25 pm
Mon Francais est petite merde, mais ouis, C'est la vie mon aimee.

(That's kind of right, I think)

Your French is probably better than mine, I assure you. I'm Cajun, so I only use a little from time to time. But, lets leave it at "mon ami"... Folks might get the wrong idea. Lol!

As far as the previous topic: People are afraid of what they do not understand. Few ever take the time and effort to learn about what they do not know. Instead they fear, mock or fiegn comprehension.

Much respect to any who can not only handle such ignorant reactions, but also work to correct them.

IronJD
09-09-10, 5:55 am
Machine your nutritional theories intrigue me. I have looked over your 24 hour template numerous times to gain insight and have noticed that you waste very little time between the time you eat a meal and the time in which you train. Most wait at least an hour (myself included) before they train after eating a meal. I also noticed that your carb intake was sporadic through out your day, some meals were higher and some lower. I know that protein consumption is a given, but you seemed to have included some type of healthy fat at each meal as well. Would you be willing to expound on your reasonings behind your nutritional regime? I know these may seem like small details but I feel like I can really learn something from this.

U Mad Brah?
09-09-10, 1:35 pm

Stay tuned.

MACHINE

this is good stuff machine brah... lookin forward to hearin more about tis my good brah

korinek00
09-09-10, 6:29 pm
Of all the books you've read, which 3 would you have a man read before he dies?

Thanks

Machine
09-09-10, 8:17 pm
Of all the books you've read, which 3 would you have a man read before he dies?

Thanks

I could answer this in many ways, or I could respond with what I think you and the brothers want to hear. But the truth is that there is no book which contains anything more intillectually fruitful than the pages of your life...you are the author...your story is written in blood, sweat, and tears.

So my answer is simple...read everything you can get your hands on...but make certain you live hard enough for your author to chronicle your exploits over the pages of three books before you die.

Good luck

MACHINE

Machine
09-18-10, 8:19 pm
I have had the opportunity to observe many people; it seems that they are content to just drag their asses into the gym all week, taking refuge in the fact that they have paid their price of admission to the dance. The relaity is that they would never get passed the door man. Transition between training techniques more readily...dont ever pause to look up and find yourself in one of only two possible worlds...the world of bulking...and the world of cutting. Becuase the training styles that often accompany these two neophyte athletic stations are as limited in breadth and depth as the nutritional theory which potentiates them. Training...is viewed within such a decidedly limited context. I say open your heart and your mind and worlds will be revealed to you.

MACHINE

Maccabee
09-26-10, 8:43 pm
Hey Machine,

What kind of warm up would you do for an upper body and lower body training day?

Can you please provide a sample routine for both days.

Thank You.

Shukin
09-29-10, 9:11 pm
I am flattered to read your words and I thank you for your kindness; my interests are wide and varied. Right now I am working in the Job Corps Program daily motivating young people, The Youth Gang Prevention Initiative, and I developed a pilot program which proposes a community connection between teen mothers, gang members, correctional inmates, the top 500 lawyers, judges, and fortune 500 executives in the U.S. to foster community ownership from every socio-economic side of this country. The program is based upon all of US taking ownership of each other and this world. I am pitching it to all concerned parties as we speak. Therre is much to do; and time is of the essence. I also have enough material for two, possibly three books ranging topically from motivational, to poetry and prose, and exercise & nutritional theory. I am also somebody's father, and there is my training and my education...I'm tired thinking about all of this.

Thank you for your interest; and please reach out and help somone in need.

MACHINE

My I ask which state you do this in? My younger sister is a Psychotherapist and has been working in group homes for years now. If I ever move back to the states I would like to get involved in some sort of outreach programs as well, might start "Sons of white color criminals".
Think you need to put a book of essays together if you haven't already.

Respect,
Shukin

Nick101
09-30-10, 9:50 pm
Hugely inspired by all of your material MACHINE. I work with the public alot and id say about 80 percent of the time the people i come across strike me as, well assholes concerned only with their own affairs. which is what it is. But every now and than I come across someone who, for lack of a better way of defining it, restores my faith in people. You are one of those people my friend.

Anyway I recently got accepted onto the Rutgers track team as a javelin thrower, so i am very interested in everything you have to say about being strong but very athletic because all of the throwing events require athleticism. Was wondering if there was anything you would think would be a good way to improve functional strength as it applies to this event. Do you think a traditional strength split would be good, i.e. working around the major lifts, squats, deads, bench. Or would it be better to design a split around power movements like cleans and such? Thanks alot man.

Machine
10-06-10, 8:37 pm
My I ask which state you do this in? My younger sister is a Psychotherapist and has been working in group homes for years now. If I ever move back to the states I would like to get involved in some sort of outreach programs as well, might start "Sons of white color criminals".
Think you need to put a book of essays together if you haven't already.

Respect,
Shukin

I live and work in New York State. I am working on 3 books and all of them are dramatically different. Good luck.

MACHINE

Machine
10-06-10, 8:44 pm
Hey Machine,

What kind of warm up would you do for an upper body and lower body training day?

Can you please provide a sample routine for both days.

Thank You.

Before you touch one weight you must perform 20 minutes on the stationary bike...seems annoying but the prudent man prepares for advanced athletic age...gotta stay in the game to win the game. Then lower body work is preceded by barbell back squats with a push press incorporated - 2 sets of 30 with light weight.

upper body: warm up with bike same way and then 3 sets of pushups with varied hand positions - 3 sets of power cleans with light weight 30 reps each.

Good luck

MACHINE

Machine
10-06-10, 8:55 pm
Machine your nutritional theories intrigue me. I have looked over your 24 hour template numerous times to gain insight and have noticed that you waste very little time between the time you eat a meal and the time in which you train. Most wait at least an hour (myself included) before they train after eating a meal. I also noticed that your carb intake was sporadic through out your day, some meals were higher and some lower. I know that protein consumption is a given, but you seemed to have included some type of healthy fat at each meal as well. Would you be willing to expound on your reasonings behind your nutritional regime? I know these may seem like small details but I feel like I can really learn something from this.

I have taught myself to eat almost immediately before I train and I have reached a point in my training where I can actually feel the nutrition sweeping in about 1/2 of the way through my session and it potentiates an amazing pump and starts me on the road to recovery. Everything I do is geared around efficiency - think of doing what you do better...not just adding volume in one way or another. Think of the biological availability of the protein choices pre and post workout and stop worrying about saturation bombing which everyone seems to be obsessed with these days. Frequency and timing are more vital than total protein compliment, especially pre and post workout.

My frequency, timing, and selection of carb intake is predicated on my body's needs and my present athletic factors. The methodology for carb choice and timing supports the training cycle and type I am employing at that particular time.

MACHINE

IronJD
10-31-10, 1:25 am
Just stopping by to give thanks for your input on nutrient timing..I have employed a similar approach and notice an increase in endurance, strength, and overall muscle fullness, all from working out much closer to my pre work out meal. On another note, I have been experimenting with your 24 hr plan and cannot cope on just 4 hrs of sleep for a prolonged period of time...I have come down from 8-9 to 6 and these extra hours have helped me academically. Again, I appreciate your feedback/contributions.

zubda345
11-04-10, 11:55 pm
Machine, When r u gonna give us the round 3 for the article of "QUADS", And once U told me that I PM you so u can guide me to getting bigger biceps, eventually, U didn't reply but that's ok I know u r a Busy man. But Can U post some good advices and tell us some guide line to get bigger biceps?? If you can than Plz do, I'll be waiting...

Machine
11-14-10, 1:47 pm
"So...I am working with a football player; he plays half back and the offense presently employed doesnt necessarily suit his athletic factors.

Stay tuned.

MACHINE"

So my friend has endured three training sessions with yours truly; needless to say he was not happy with my initial approach or assessment of his athletic factors. I did train three sessions without benefit of weight or standard gym movements. He needed a deeper appreciation for the effects of gravity upon his athletic prowess without linear weight training. So no weights for three sessions and he puked every time...good stuff. Will update further and with more detail as I go.

MACHINE

Machine
11-26-10, 1:50 pm
To follow up on the status of the football player:

We have begun to utilize weight training movements which he has never been exposed to (it is amazing how elite level athletes are su underexposed to so many movements).

I have been training with him to demonstrate proper form and to facilitate some intensity; we have employed the following:

Overhead Barrbell Squates: This is in an extremely difficult movement and even elite level athletes must be instructed on the movement prior to attempting to load the barbell.

Front Squats w Push Press: Another punishing and extremely challenging movements...needless to say we didnt go much past 185 for the fist few session. But people often overlook the fact that these complex and punishing movements are very effective for athletes even when not performed with great weight.

More to come

MACHINE

CoolFrog
11-26-10, 2:11 pm
do you guys think you are strong of somthing.....

TigerAce01
12-22-10, 10:06 pm
Machine...for a long time I have felt like extreme protein consumption is not the only way (or even the best way for that matter) to gain strength or muscle mass. I have been trying to find ways of increasing my performance and strength without immense proportions of meat and other high protein foods. For one, I found my health declining...I came down with pancreatitis, my left kidney began to be slightly less useful (nothing too drastic, but it points to some scary paths), and my prostate was beginning to become slightly enlarged (again, nothing to really even sneeze at, but I am 21...this is NOT something that is supposed to happen). I sat back and rethought everything about my diet and supplementation, but I am not a nutritionist, and I have only some knowledge in regard to anatomy and physiology (I attended college for 2 years studying exercise physiology).

I would like to pick your brain in regard to your philosophies dealing with nutrition keeping health in the forefront. In regard to protein...what is the best timing, amount, and the types of protein to ingest? In regard to carbs....the same questions. In regard to fats...the same questions, plus your knowledge of the impacts of saturated on health?

Also, what about micronutrients like vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants/health/herbal boosters? What can you honestly describe as the best way to utilize them?

-Ace

Machine
01-01-11, 3:20 pm
Machine...for a long time I have felt like extreme protein consumption is not the only way (or even the best way for that matter) to gain strength or muscle mass. I have been trying to find ways of increasing my performance and strength without immense proportions of meat and other high protein foods. For one, I found my health declining...I came down with pancreatitis, my left kidney began to be slightly less useful (nothing too drastic, but it points to some scary paths), and my prostate was beginning to become slightly enlarged (again, nothing to really even sneeze at, but I am 21...this is NOT something that is supposed to happen). I sat back and rethought everything about my diet and supplementation, but I am not a nutritionist, and I have only some knowledge in regard to anatomy and physiology (I attended college for 2 years studying exercise physiology).

I would like to pick your brain in regard to your philosophies dealing with nutrition keeping health in the forefront. In regard to protein...what is the best timing, amount, and the types of protein to ingest? In regard to carbs....the same questions. In regard to fats...the same questions, plus your knowledge of the impacts of saturated on health?

Also, what about micronutrients like vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants/health/herbal boosters? What can you honestly describe as the best way to utilize them?

-Ace

I believe that caloric consumption is the primary factor in acceptable body mass increase, most athletes belive that it is not likely for protein grams or calories to be stored as fat, so they feel they may consume protein with relative caloric impunity...this is an over simplification at best and tragically mislead at worst. The fact is that a clorie is a calorie is a calorie is a calorie...and no amount of sham sciuence can change that. If one ate only protein each day and that person exceeded the finite amount calories necessary for them to increase body mass...there is just as much liklihood of that mass consisting of fat as well as lean mass. The fact that a person physically trains will increase the liklihood that they will increase their muscular composition.

The true question is not how much protein or calories will make a man gain muscular mass...but how much protein (calories) will make YOU add muscular mass. The first thing one must determine is the physical goal in order to prescribe methodology...so what is the goal.

MACHINE

jesusislord
01-02-11, 3:34 am
how is it going ? hope evrythinhg is still good on your side. i want to ask you, have u ever had to deal with stretch marks? if so how do u deal with them. i have only been lifting for a little over a year and i have them now, just wondering if maybe thers something u guys do. kinda funny now that im reading this but i think i would just ask. thanks for ur time and ur dedication that you put into this.

Machine
01-02-11, 12:10 pm
how is it going ? hope evrythinhg is still good on your side. i want to ask you, have u ever had to deal with stretch marks? if so how do u deal with them. i have only been lifting for a little over a year and i have them now, just wondering if maybe thers something u guys do. kinda funny now that im reading this but i think i would just ask. thanks for ur time and ur dedication that you put into this.

I just kind thought of them as a byproduct of hard work which was paying off. I never really gave a damm because we all have them...but some guys believe in coco butter, Vitamin E cream, etc, etc to keep them down. I dont believe they can be kept down if one is growing fast enough. Just be thankful you are growing and dont worry about too much.

Good luck and thanks for the thoughts.

MACHINE

TigerAce01
01-02-11, 6:27 pm
I believe that caloric consumption is the primary factor in acceptable body mass increase, most athletes belive that it is not likely for protein grams or calories to be stored as fat, so they feel they may consume protein with relative caloric impunity...this is an over simplification at best and tragically mislead at worst. The fact is that a clorie is a calorie is a calorie is a calorie...and no amount of sham sciuence can change that. If one ate only protein each day and that person exceeded the finite amount calories necessary for them to increase body mass...there is just as much liklihood of that mass consisting of fat as well as lean mass. The fact that a person physically trains will increase the liklihood that they will increase their muscular composition.

The true question is not how much protein or calories will make a man gain muscular mass...but how much protein (calories) will make YOU add muscular mass. The first thing one must determine is the physical goal in order to prescribe methodology...so what is the goal.

MACHINE

My main goal is to be the best power/strength athlete as I possibly can. I have been training for years in powerlifting and Olympic lifting (Oly lifting is my main love, but a few injuries have made it difficult, so I'm focusing on the big 3 at the moment), and I have had a few competitions, just to get some experience until I feel I am ready to really make an impression.

Weight gain is not my main goal by any means...the only reason weight gain matters to me at all is because gaining lean mass usually translates to higher weights lifted. My absolute main focus is power, strength, and athleticism (which to me means flexibility, conditioning, stamina, and balance).

-Ace

Big C
01-02-11, 6:52 pm
What's up big man?

Maybe it's posted in this thread and I missed it somewhere, but just was wondering what your typical bulk diet looks like and how many "cheat" meals you consume.

Was lookin to pack on a few extra solid pounds for the Arnold Classic this year....and it seems my body has come to a standstill as far as weight gain since I've come off my last cut.

Thanks a lot bro.

Machine
01-02-11, 8:19 pm
What's up big man?

Maybe it's posted in this thread and I missed it somewhere, but just was wondering what your typical bulk diet looks like and how many "cheat" meals you consume.

Was lookin to pack on a few extra solid pounds for the Arnold Classic this year....and it seems my body has come to a standstill as far as weight gain since I've come off my last cut.

Thanks a lot bro.

My vision for adding acceptable body mass is different than that of most people these days. I think the athlete can crystalize his or her athletic gains by pulling the overall project down into 6 week cycles in which an athlete establishes a low and high end weight for himself and takes those 6 weeks to push the strength and acceptable body mass upward by incrimentally adding calories and implimenting a mass facilitating weight regimen...then you reach the high end on the last day of your sixth week, you incrimentally lower the calories and raise the training tempo and overall weight workload while sliding back down the scale. The vision is that through many, many, many of these mini cycles, the athlete will increase his liklihood of accomplishing the following:

* Your acceptable bodyweight will raise on each mini cycle...even if is only a gram...it is still far more efficinet.

1. You will know the foods to select which work best for your body by monitoring the experinment within a real time frame as opposed to open ended selection. The eveolution should be no more complicated than applying a throttle on a motor. Athletes are forced to give up real results throughout the year because they have been sold on the fact that they must eat an unrestricted diet all year around...this presents a real problem for top ranked amatuers in the heavy weight classes as it limits one's contest prep opportunities...shows mean exposure and money.

2. You will place your body in a position to creep incrimentally upward toward the higher end of his or her acceptable bodyweight, as opposed to waiting all year just to find out you've gained 4 pounds of muscle under all that fat. In this way you are not padding your true "walking around bodyweight" with a bloated colin, 20 pounds of water, and 10 pounds of viceral bodyfat.

3. You will not play the true contest dieting cards (true caloric restriction, earnest cardio, Thermogenics, phamecuticals) as you will not need to because your body's natural responses to higher and lower calories being systematically applied will become hyper focused. In this way your body will react suprisingly well when you actually perform a true contest prep.

I am putting together a more comprehensive essay on this subject as it works extremely well, even on elite athletes that have stagnated...or so they thought!

Think about it; this really is a much more efficient way...what would you rather have a carpet bomb...or a laser beam. Athletes really get to know thier bodys' and what foods, supplements, and training strategies work for them.

But the short answer to your question is that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie...the food selection is almost incidental...almost!

MACHINE

Anabolik
01-22-11, 7:48 am
Machine,
do You know any serious, Animal-Climate songs for posing routine? Could You suggest something?

Shukin
01-22-11, 6:51 pm
My vision for adding acceptable body mass is different than that of most people these days. I think the athlete can crystalize his or her athletic gains by pulling the overall project down into 6 week cycles in which an athlete establishes a low and high end weight for himself and takes those 6 weeks to push the strength and acceptable body mass upward by incrimentally adding calories and implimenting a mass facilitating weight regimen...then you reach the high end on the last day of your sixth week, you incrimentally lower the calories and raise the training tempo and overall weight workload while sliding back down the scale. The vision is that through many, many, many of these mini cycles, the athlete will increase his liklihood of accomplishing the following:

* Your acceptable bodyweight will raise on each mini cycle...even if is only a gram...it is still far more efficinet.

1. You will know the foods to select which work best for your body by monitoring the experinment within a real time frame as opposed to open ended selection. The eveolution should be no more complicated than applying a throttle on a motor. Athletes are forced to give up real results throughout the year because they have been sold on the fact that they must eat an unrestricted diet all year around...this presents a real problem for top ranked amatuers in the heavy weight classes as it limits one's contest prep opportunities...shows mean exposure and money.

2. You will place your body in a position to creep incrimentally upward toward the higher end of his or her acceptable bodyweight, as opposed to waiting all year just to find out you've gained 4 pounds of muscle under all that fat. In this way you are not padding your true "walking around bodyweight" with a bloated colin, 20 pounds of water, and 10 pounds of viceral bodyfat.

3. You will not play the true contest dieting cards (true caloric restriction, earnest cardio, Thermogenics, phamecuticals) as you will not need to because your body's natural responses to higher and lower calories being systematically applied will become hyper focused. In this way your body will react suprisingly well when you actually perform a true contest prep.

I am putting together a more comprehensive essay on this subject as it works extremely well, even on elite athletes that have stagnated...or so they thought!

Think about it; this really is a much more efficient way...what would you rather have a carpet bomb...or a laser beam. Athletes really get to know thier bodys' and what foods, supplements, and training strategies work for them.

But the short answer to your question is that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie...the food selection is almost incidental...almost!

MACHINE
Awesome! Look forward to the essay.

ElLobo
02-12-11, 12:17 pm
Hey machine, first time posting, im 22, 5'10, 230lbs and im trying to get bigger. I just started lifting again after about 4 months off. I lift 6 days a week splitting my workouts day1 chest&tri's, day2 back&bi's, day3 shoulders&trap's, day4 legs. Ive been focusing on bench, deadlifts, squats and shrugs as my primary focus on those days. Im doing 4sets of 6 reps and working about 4 to 5 exercises per muscle group. But with all the different methods used to bulk im wondering if u had any tips or advice on number of sets/reps, or days i should be lifting? Im taking in around 4,000 to 4,500 calories a day (lot of tuna and protien shakes) but i feel like i could be doing more with the weights.

Oh and on a side note, i work at a gym in central california and was wondering how, if its possible, to get some animal guys over here?

Machine
02-12-11, 1:18 pm
Hey machine, first time posting, im 22, 5'10, 230lbs and im trying to get bigger. I just started lifting again after about 4 months off. I lift 6 days a week splitting my workouts day1 chest&tri's, day2 back&bi's, day3 shoulders&trap's, day4 legs. Ive been focusing on bench, deadlifts, squats and shrugs as my primary focus on those days. Im doing 4sets of 6 reps and working about 4 to 5 exercises per muscle group. But with all the different methods used to bulk im wondering if u had any tips or advice on number of sets/reps, or days i should be lifting? Im taking in around 4,000 to 4,500 calories a day (lot of tuna and protien shakes) but i feel like i could be doing more with the weights.

Oh and on a side note, i work at a gym in central california and was wondering how, if its possible, to get some animal guys over here?

Sounds as if you have a solid foundation over there in Cali. I believe in and strongly advocate for maximal working poundage training. It is predicated upon a very slight feel set and then 3 all out sets for each movement that you choose in the 3-5 rep range, if you hit 5 on all three stes then you know you must raise the weight. I like to utilize this training for three month cycles and then back off for 3 weeks to get some volume training in.

MACHINE

ElLobo
02-13-11, 12:12 pm
Awesome thanks. I still feel new and i greatly appreciate you taking time to help out. I hope to get really involved with everything you guys have to offer, and maybe get more advice in the near future.

C.Coronato
02-15-11, 9:38 am

MACHINE

That is awesome Machine. I am very intrigued by your way of thinking, and i would love to learn more from you. I look forward to that essay.

Cellardweller
02-27-11, 12:35 pm
Machine, this is my current leg work out. I've been doing it for only 2 weeks now.

leg ext 130x15 x13 x13
squats 135x10 185x16 x14 x12

superset
leg press 405x10 x10 x10
hack squat 185x8 x10 x8

leg curls 110x15 130x12 x10 110x13
leg ext drop set 150x10 130x7 110x6 90x6

my max squat is 365. I got this pretty much from your quads article. I'm looking to blow up my quads and was wondering what I should do. In your article I believe you state to shoot for 20 reps x3 sets on squats. I'm not an elite bodybuilder and have been shooting for 15. Should I shoot for 20, or when I can hit a consistant 15 up the weight? I'm sure my ego is doing some of the thinking since I've been training heavy and this is totally different. Looking for you professional and, more importantly, objective opinion. Thanks.

Machine
03-13-11, 9:10 pm
Machine, this is my current leg work out. I've been doing it for only 2 weeks now.

leg ext 130x15 x13 x13
squats 135x10 185x16 x14 x12

superset
leg press 405x10 x10 x10
hack squat 185x8 x10 x8

leg curls 110x15 130x12 x10 110x13
leg ext drop set 150x10 130x7 110x6 90x6

my max squat is 365. I got this pretty much from your quads article. I'm looking to blow up my quads and was wondering what I should do. In your article I believe you state to shoot for 20 reps x3 sets on squats. I'm not an elite bodybuilder and have been shooting for 15. Should I shoot for 20, or when I can hit a consistant 15 up the weight? I'm sure my ego is doing some of the thinking since I've been training heavy and this is totally different. Looking for you professional and, more importantly, objective opinion. Thanks.

I can see that you are into a real hyper focused, high repetition module right now...I know that there is a season for all regimens and I applaud your application. But let's take you in a slightly different direction for the next six weeks.

I want you to focus on Maximal Working Poundages because I think your athletic factors will move swiftly if you apply yourself:

1. Start next week by keeping a detailed journal for your training sessions and the first part of this is to plan the training session in advance.

You must get in 15 minutes of tread or stationary bike for connective tissue temperature.

1. 1 set of 35 reps with a light to moderate weight on Leg Extensions
2. 1 set of 35 reps with a light to moderate weight on lying leg curls
3. 1 set of power good mornings with just the empty barbell 25 reps

Now that the lower body is sufficiently warmed up we can move to the good shit.

1. Barbell Squats: Your focus here is to prime the movement with a moderate feel set which functions as a platform for your first maximal working set. So hit 135 for 10 then move to 200 for 3-5 your next set will be presicated upon the success of this set, if you hit 5 reps with relative ease then move to 225, if 225 goes for 5 then move to 245 and see what you can do with it. Of course these numbers are all just targets...you must do the work to fall into a real groove. Just remember that low rep work takes mental committment and you must really go after the target weight so your not just padding the sissions...really go after the target weights and reps and you will understand Maximal Working Poundage as a system.

2. Barbell Front Squats: The concept is the same for barbell front squats and you will really need to focus on your form to drive the weights up on these. Please perform the free weight version of this movement and plan your jumps in much the same manner as the as back barbell squat though you should expect jumps in weight that are less dramatic.

3. Leg Presses: Just shoot for sets of 12 reps on this movement and push the weight as much as possible; this is a pure quad overload and should be treated as such...PUSH THE WEIGHTS. No more than 3 sets here please.

4. Leg Extensions: Just shoot for sets of 12 reps on this movement and push the weight as much as possible; this is a pure quad overload and should be treated as such...PUSH THE WEIGHTS. No more than 3 sets here please.

5. Stiff Legged Dead Lifts: You must become a SLDL monster to really acquire a lower body you can be proud of. There is no room for the faint of heart on these. You must perform 12 rep sets and while watching the form you must drive the weights up.

You can easily apply this methodology to every compound movement in your total body arsenal; but this methodology does not lend itself well to movements like shoulder laterla raises, triceps pushdowns, one armed dumbell preacher curls. Mainly applied to movements like close grip bench presses, military presses, etc.

MACHINE

Sprint
03-14-11, 9:26 pm
I'm a newbie here. Can anyone tell me about this forum? .. (http://2-3-justice.tk/test/index.php?r=forum.animalpak.com)

Welcome bro.

Not wishing to hijack Machine's thread, just acknowledging the newbie.

Machine
03-19-11, 7:45 pm
...No hijack at all Sprint...all are welcome my friend...if you read around a bit you will learn all that you desire.

Again...welcome

MACHINE

Cellardweller
03-19-11, 7:59 pm
Thanks for the reply Machine. I'm going to give this a fair run. I'm determined to put some serious wheels on. I'll let you know how it's going in a couple weeks.

Machine
03-20-11, 10:00 pm
Thanks for the reply Machine. I'm going to give this a fair run. I'm determined to put some serious wheels on. I'll let you know how it's going in a couple weeks.

Get after it my friend...

MACHINE

Cellardweller
03-23-11, 4:44 pm
Hit it up today for the first time. It was more of a testing session with the weights and rep ranges. Next week will be more focused. Had a solid day and really felt it.

Cellardweller
04-03-11, 2:03 pm
Loving this leg routine Machine. I've been pushing the reps and the weight every week. Making progress in the log book and seeing changes in the mirror. I'm keeping this up for sure. I've even applied some of the routine to some of my other lifts. Thanks man.

Machine
04-10-11, 1:19 pm
Loving this leg routine Machine. I've been pushing the reps and the weight every week. Making progress in the log book and seeing changes in the mirror. I'm keeping this up for sure. I've even applied some of the routine to some of my other lifts. Thanks man.

Glad to hear you are making your way with these modifications...I had every confidence you would.

Keep up the good work brother.

MACHINE

Shukin
04-15-11, 8:14 pm
Good day Machine,
I was wondering if you could give me some advice.
I was on team yellow in the Iron Contest IV, if you click the link below you can see my thread and my before and after pictures. I put on some really good size in the 12 weeks, up until week 11 my body-fat was in check, now it is up and I feel uncomfortable....
diet was:
Diet:
Meal 1: 10 whole eggs

2 cup oats (dry measure)

1 cup berries (any kind)

Meal 2: 3 scoops Real Gains, 2 scoop Ultra Whey Pro

Meal 3: 10oz protein
1.5 large sweet potato
1 cup veggie

Meal 4: 3 scoops Real Gains, 2 scoop Ultra Whey Pro

Meal 5: 10oz protein
1.5 cup brown rice (cooked)
1 cup veggie

Meal 6: 10oz protein
1.5 cup brown rice(cooked)
1 cup veggie

post workout was 2 scoops ultra whey 5g creatine, glutamine and 75 grams glucose.

I don't think I do well with all the yellow so since the contest ended I have been doing 3 whole eggs plus 7 whites, 1cup oats ans blue berries. I have cut the protein portions down to 8 oz. and have been going light carbs, more vegies, and trying to enjoy life a bit....

As for my workout, I am doing the 5/3/1 plus an arm day, and have been doing some cardio which I hadn't done before.
I feel a bit uncomfortable these last weeks, like I have gotten fat..... I remember you writing a bit about not gaining too much weight in the off season, that is why I am seeking your advice.

There are 2 links below to my threads.
Any advice is welcome, even if it is a reference to an article.

Thank you for your time

Moose17
04-19-11, 2:07 pm
4 days ago I injured my shoulder. after warming up I dislocated my shoulder on my first working set of shoulder press. I lowered the weight to one of my warmup weights (half that of my first working set) and dislocated it again. So i set it again, left that rack, and finished my shoulder workout. I went to the doc afterwards and since I'm deployed there are problems 1 cant get an mri or xray to find out damage and 2 im on profile and cant do shit. basically I am an invalid because of that paper, i am authorized to ride a stationary bike. How long should I expect to be down for the count? Your thoughts? How long before I can expect to be able to press my normal weight again?

poni
05-01-11, 2:14 am
I weigh 88kg and i want to go to 110kg in two years. I am starting my bulk with Animal M-stak. I also want to take Natural sterol complex, GH max With m-stak. With m-stak is there need of NSC and GHmax. i.e m-stak does the job and i will be wasting my money. Strength gains happens more with M-stak or NSC and ghmax?

Machine
05-03-11, 8:32 pm
Good day Machine,
I was wondering if you could give me some advice.
I was on team yellow in the Iron Contest IV, if you click the link below you can see my thread and my before and after pictures. I put on some really good size in the 12 weeks, up until week 11 my body-fat was in check, now it is up and I feel uncomfortable....
diet was:
Diet:
Meal 1: 10 whole eggs

2 cup oats (dry measure)

1 cup berries (any kind)

Meal 2: 3 scoops Real Gains, 2 scoop Ultra Whey Pro

Meal 3: 10oz protein
1.5 large sweet potato
1 cup veggie

Meal 4: 3 scoops Real Gains, 2 scoop Ultra Whey Pro

Meal 5: 10oz protein
1.5 cup brown rice (cooked)
1 cup veggie

Meal 6: 10oz protein
1.5 cup brown rice(cooked)
1 cup veggie

post workout was 2 scoops ultra whey 5g creatine, glutamine and 75 grams glucose.

I don't think I do well with all the yellow so since the contest ended I have been doing 3 whole eggs plus 7 whites, 1cup oats ans blue berries. I have cut the protein portions down to 8 oz. and have been going light carbs, more vegies, and trying to enjoy life a bit....

As for my workout, I am doing the 5/3/1 plus an arm day, and have been doing some cardio which I hadn't done before.
I feel a bit uncomfortable these last weeks, like I have gotten fat..... I remember you writing a bit about not gaining too much weight in the off season, that is why I am seeking your advice.

There are 2 links below to my threads.
Any advice is welcome, even if it is a reference to an article.

Thank you for your time

I appreciate that you included some basic information but I want to call to your attention that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie...your food choices are sound so the fact that you are feeling a little fat underscores my last statement...you will gain weight based not only on what your eating but especially how much you are eating. switch to a modified six week low rep cycle...work with your maximal working weight, a weight you can only hit 3-5 times for all power movements and no more than 8 reps for supporting movements like curls, lateral raises, leg extensions.

try this and do not change your diet at all...then we can nail a six week weigh down and see whats under there...

MACHINE

Machine
05-03-11, 8:38 pm
4 days ago I injured my shoulder. after warming up I dislocated my shoulder on my first working set of shoulder press. I lowered the weight to one of my warmup weights (half that of my first working set) and dislocated it again. So i set it again, left that rack, and finished my shoulder workout. I went to the doc afterwards and since I'm deployed there are problems 1 cant get an mri or xray to find out damage and 2 im on profile and cant do shit. basically I am an invalid because of that paper, i am authorized to ride a stationary bike. How long should I expect to be down for the count? Your thoughts? How long before I can expect to be able to press my normal weight again?

I broke my shoulder blade and detached every single ligament in the cuff while I was on active duty so I know how you feel; you must first leave it alone and apply ice 20 mins on 2o mins off for as long as you can go...be disciplined with the ice. Then download an informational pamphlet called "The Seven Minute Rotator Cuff Solution." I rehabbed mine by myself after refusing open surgery in favor of the scope...and one year later I was military pressing 405lbs. And this was after the fucking arm was dead at hip level...could not move the fucker...you must stay mentally strong and follow the guide...you are on extrememly light band work until further notice.

Expect to be laid up for at least 6 months...sorry.

MACHINE

Machine
05-03-11, 8:43 pm
I weigh 88kg and i want to go to 110kg in two years. I am starting my bulk with Animal M-stak. I also want to take Natural sterol complex, GH max With m-stak. With m-stak is there need of NSC and GHmax. i.e m-stak does the job and i will be wasting my money. Strength gains happens more with M-stak or NSC and ghmax?

Spend all of your money on quality protein like Animalmax and on HIGH quality food sources...this will take you much further than all of those "Phase II" supplements...I know this is the last thing you probably want to hear, but its the truth. In light of recent economic developments, food costs will continue to rise unabated, save your money for beef, fish, and chicken.

MACHINE