PDA

View Full Version : question

Sho
05-23-10, 11:37 pm
how long is enough between heavy deadlift days... i have the feeling im gonna get alot of.. "uhh listen to your body.." but i wanna hear what you dudes think.. is it ok to only have a couple o'days in between sessions, or like a solid week??

so far ive been goin on with this;

day1-deads, chin, incbench, leg press-

day2-dips. underhandchins, cgbp, curls-

day3-cleans, squat, bench-

day4-rest-

repeat

PORTERHOUSE
05-23-10, 11:52 pm
the more rest you allow yourself, the better.

Instead of lifting 3 straight days and a day off then starting over, why not do a M/W/F split? Thats what I would do anyways. More recovery time.

Birdman
05-24-10, 12:13 am
I use to lift a lot like you do...i would do a four or five day split then repeat without any rest days, i had some good gains that way but the gains slow down quick and you burn out quick. As i learned more about the human body and training diet ect. I changed to a 5 day split with 2 days off, much better recovery and solid reliable gains. So for me, i take at least a week off before heavy dead lifts. Usually one week i try to do heavy and the next ill do moderate for nast reps.

BigChrisF
05-24-10, 3:20 am
The better you are at lifting, the more rest you will need.

Legacy
05-24-10, 9:06 am
I deadlift every 7th day bro

NaturalTrainee
05-24-10, 9:15 am
Rest to grow. This routine is a failure, so little rest.

Hard Cell
05-24-10, 9:16 am
how long is enough between heavy deadlift days... i have the feeling im gonna get alot of.. "uhh listen to your body.." but i wanna hear what you dudes think.. is it ok to only have a couple o'days in between sessions, or like a solid week??

so far ive been goin on with this;

day1-deads, chin, incbench, leg press-

day2-dips. underhandchins, cgbp, curls-

day3-cleans, squat, bench-

day4-rest-

repeat

If i hit my back twice in a week, it'll be like the first one for thickness after 3 days go for the width, more on lats, so far i dont see a point to dl nearly everyday, i mean for myself

Funky
05-24-10, 9:17 am
For deads I say only hit them 1 time per week anything more you are not going to get the rest your back needs to work at its max!