PDA

View Full Version : thumbprints

msktyshha
05-24-10, 7:35 pm
We are different, we are unique there's no two of us in this whole entire world. From the infinite past to this day and to the day this world stops spinning, there will be no other like me and you. I am truly the one and only and so are you. Appreciate that there is no identical to you, nor was and never will be. You were born different, brought up different, will die different.....so live different.

Beowulf
05-26-10, 12:10 pm
We are different, we are unique there's no two of us in this whole entire world. From the infinite past to this day and to the day this world stops spinning, there will be no other like me and you. I am truly the one and only and so are you. Appreciate that there is no identical to you, nor was and never will be. You were born different, brought up different, will die different.....so live different.

I don't think we're as unique or special as we'd like to believe..... As we delude ourselves into believing. In America, it's part of the myth of individualism (yeoman farmer, frontier hero/cowboy, capitalist, etc.). In Western thinking, it's a vestige of the Enlightenment. Agree or disagree?

JBlackapple
05-28-10, 12:03 am
i guess what your're trying to say is that we are all made with hand rolled dough as opposed to all originating from the same cookie cutter...i like cookies..but the world is a different place cause there are sugar cookies, chocolate chip, peanut butter..etc there are different flavors and endless combinations in the whole world...we ARE unique even if we are both vanilla we may not come from the same vanilla flower so we are different...

so what kind of cookie are you?
i guess I would be vanilla pumpkin pecan almond made with goat milk....you see ...every little bit of tiny difference adds up

im serious...just my perspective...hard to get mad at a cookie

Dingo
05-28-10, 12:58 am
I don't think we're as unique or special as we'd like to believe..... As we delude ourselves into believing. In America, it's part of the myth of individualism (yeoman farmer, frontier hero/cowboy, capitalist, etc.). In Western thinking, it's a vestige of the Enlightenment. Agree or disagree?

I'd have to disagree, on the grounds that internally at what we could call the "soul" we are all very different. Our bodies may all be very similar but what makes us "tick" is completely individual. We may find kindred spirits but even then there are enough differences to make each of us unique. Take the forvm for example, a few thousand of us share the ideals of Machine or G Diesel and use their thoughts as motivation, but none of us take exactly the same ting from what we read. Like in algebra for example when you have multiple equations, 3 for example and you are looking for the one set of x, y, and z values that satisfies all 3 equations. I hope that makes sense.

msktyshha
05-30-10, 11:24 pm
Go ask the every single person around you a question..... Who are you? or what are you? they will answer you a category, like I am a doctor, I am a college student, I am american, I am hispanic, I am asian, I am a christian, I am a muslim, I am a land lord, basically there answer summarizes to.... I am a self categorized person. they categorize themselves to what matters to them the most. If someone asked me that question, my answer would be...... I am me, myself. Once I recognize myself as me the one and only, then I can flounder. If not... then all I will be doing is imitating others. Now imitating, that's the biggest problem I fuckin see these days, especially in the young, I myself am very young. Because of the loss of self confidence, a person starts to imitate someone he thinks is an ideal personality. Why does he imitate, cause he/she thinks that ideal got respect for how the fuck he/she is, so if I try to be like that person, then I will get respect too.....so in search of that respect, one loses there own self and also self respect......if you can't respect your own self and can't accept for the person you are, then why the fuck would you expect others to give you that status. Main reason why I point out how unique we are because every day I see people not recognizing themselves, or trying to find there true self. They can't find there true self cause they are so busy imitating others. sad world it is that people have lost the most important thing...........there self!!!!

Beowulf
06-02-10, 11:58 am
I'd have to disagree, on the grounds that internally at what we could call the "soul" we are all very different. Our bodies may all be very similar but what makes us "tick" is completely individual. We may find kindred spirits but even then there are enough differences to make each of us unique. Take the forvm for example, a few thousand of us share the ideals of Machine or G Diesel and use their thoughts as motivation, but none of us take exactly the same ting from what we read. Like in algebra for example when you have multiple equations, 3 for example and you are looking for the one set of x, y, and z values that satisfies all 3 equations. I hope that makes sense.

Go ask the every single person around you a question..... Who are you? or what are you? they will answer you a category, like I am a doctor, I am a college student, I am american, I am hispanic, I am asian, I am a christian, I am a muslim, I am a land lord, basically there answer summarizes to.... I am a self categorized person. they categorize themselves to what matters to them the most. If someone asked me that question, my answer would be...... I am me, myself. Once I recognize myself as me the one and only, then I can flounder. If not... then all I will be doing is imitating others. Now imitating, that's the biggest problem I fuckin see these days, especially in the young, I myself am very young. Because of the loss of self confidence, a person starts to imitate someone he thinks is an ideal personality. Why does he imitate, cause he/she thinks that ideal got respect for how the fuck he/she is, so if I try to be like that person, then I will get respect too.....so in search of that respect, one loses there own self and also self respect......if you can't respect your own self and can't accept for the person you are, then why the fuck would you expect others to give you that status. Main reason why I point out how unique we are because every day I see people not recognizing themselves, or trying to find there true self. They can't find there true self cause they are so busy imitating others. sad world it is that people have lost the most important thing...........there self!!!!

Obviously, I wasn't saying we weren't unique or individual. Of course we are. We all have different personalities, physical qualities, etc. I was just making a case for why we shouldn't fall for our own hype of individuality.