PDA

View Full Version : The Cage... Two Words Full of Meaning

Universal Rep
05-25-10, 4:07 pm
What is your meaning? What do the two words, "The Cage" mean to you? How would you describe it to a Martian landin' on earth?

Mr. Dead
05-25-10, 4:10 pm
What is your meaning? What do the two words, "The Cage" mean to you? How would you describe it to a Martian landin' on earth?

An overwhelming sensory overload... *LOL* There was so much going on, meeting people, seeing old friends, seminars, lifting expos and competitions... But the one thing that was constant throughout was a feeling of family/brotherhood/belonging...

Universal Rep
05-25-10, 4:12 pm
An overwhelming sensory overload... *LOL* There was so much going on, meeting people, seeing old friends, seminars, lifting expos and competitions... But the one thing that was constant throughout was a feeling of family/brotherhood/belonging...

I hear this all the time, MD... And it always amazes. How, in such a crowd of bodies, amidst all the noise and lights and distraction, the fellas here can meet up in The Cage and bond. Brotherhood is what it was all about since Day One.

Mr. Dead
05-25-10, 4:18 pm
I hear this all the time, MD... And it always amazes. How, in such a crowd of bodies, amidst all the noise and lights and distraction, the fellas here can meet up in The Cage and bond. Brotherhood is what it was all about since Day One.

A whole lot of truth to that...

Singh
05-27-10, 3:56 pm

Yes, true that shit!

FITGYM
05-27-10, 9:04 pm

U Rep...well put.

The Cage is a place where one person can show up amongst 1000's and be heard. It's a place where 25,000 plus strong act as one army with allegiance. It's a Brotherhood In Iron. It's a place where you can be proud of who you are......

Universal Rep
06-18-10, 10:25 am
U Rep...well put.

The Cage is a place where one person can show up amongst 1000's and be heard. It's a place where 25,000 plus strong act as one army with allegiance. It's a Brotherhood In Iron. It's a place where you can be proud of who you are......

Olympia doesn't get the traffic like the Arnold does, but big or small, the brotherhood is strong.

Survivor831
06-18-10, 8:10 pm
You have to see it to believe it!

C.Coronato
06-21-10, 10:03 am
Its almost un describable, and its like we are in our own world. I dont get much to browse the floor of the Arnold while im there, but when i go to eat, or for bathroom runs i try to take notice of everyone else. There are people lined up to get free shit from someone they dont even know. They take bags and bags of samples, The Cage is different. Its almost like a family reunion for everyone on the FORVM. Everyone is intermingled and noone is higher than someone else, athletes, top level athletes, trainers, henchman, watchman, everyone is one. Its just different, and you have to see it to believe it.

mritter3
06-21-10, 10:06 am
Its almost un describable, and its like we are in our own world. I dont get much to browse the floor of the Arnold while im there, but when i go to eat, or for bathroom runs i try to take notice of everyone else. There are people lined up to get free shit from someone they dont even know. They take bags and bags of samples, The Cage is different. Its almost like a family reunion for everyone on the FORVM. Everyone is intermingled and noone is higher than someone else, athletes, top level athletes, trainers, henchman, watchman, everyone is one. Its just different, and you have to see it to believe it.

thats right on there...it is like family reunion..we talk and BS all year long with fellow animals from all over and the Cage is the one time every year i get to see those people face to face, its amazing...but almost undescribable you really do have to witness it first hand.

Thrawn
08-06-10, 8:33 am
Sadly the words The Cage to ME mean: MISSING OUT AGAIN.

Dont have the money to attend. Its as simple as that. At this moment, i barely have the money to keep eating and living.
There are a LOT of brothers and sisters over here i have come to know and respect on a level beyond mere typing words of encouragement and support.
I would LOVE to shake the hands in real life, slap the backs after a good lift, spot my fellow ironmongers. Too damn bad its not to be yet.

Standing_Guard
08-06-10, 12:58 pm
The Cage is a symbol of unity, brotherhood, and most of all education. No models for useless samples, no lines to meet celebrities only to have them brush you off one after another. Just a simple place where we meet and reflect on the year and find new hope and new friends with which we have always had unspoken bonds with. We are different yet unchanging. A firsthand experience is a must and only then when you hear the noise and feel the love will you know what we are only able to put in words here.

JUGGERNAUT
08-06-10, 1:02 pm
The Cage is a symbol of unity, brotherhood, and most of all education. No models for useless samples, no lines to meet celebrities only to have them brush you off one after another. Just a simple place where we meet and reflect on the year and find new hope and new friends with which we have always had unspoken bonds with. We are different yet unchanging. A firsthand experience is a must and only then when you hear the noise and feel the love will you know what we are only able to put in words here.

awesome bro, same here.

U Mad Brah?
08-06-10, 1:47 pm
teh cage = death matches

G Diesel
08-06-10, 1:54 pm

Pure inspiration. A place of learning for those of our calling. A gathering point for our brotherhood. Home.

Peace, G

Razor
08-19-10, 1:26 pm
The mecca of our brotherhood.

N. Motta
08-19-10, 2:57 pm
A place where a select group of honorable men and women are kept, to confide and rely on one another.

As well as a place where some of the most driven and hungry freaks around, are forced to pace back and forth in.

Reacher34
08-22-10, 10:59 am

Speaking of sensory overload, you can't forget the one constant that is at every Cage, and every ABC for that matter..... a huge mind-bending, soul-shattering, fortitude-challenging wave of protein fart!

Haha, sorry to put a damper on the philosophical nature of the thread, but you all know what I'm talking about.

U Mad Brah?
08-22-10, 3:04 pm
teh cage = teh lulz for teh brahs