PDA

View Full Version : Training Routine #5

auburn_1984
05-26-10, 11:42 am
I was wondering if anyone has used this routine before. I have used one of the routines in the past it was a 5 day split but dont have that much time for the gym anymore since i have kids now. I was thinking about the Training Routine #5 or maybe Bill Starr/Madcow 5x5. I like both routines because they both ar a 3-4 day split.

C.Coronato
05-26-10, 11:46 am
Anything you start, can be adapted to fit you my man. I would say give it a shot, and see how you like it!

Legacy
05-26-10, 4:27 pm
Like treetrunklegs said, adapt things to fit your goals. Ive done the 5x5 myself and got incredible strength gains from it, but my body didn't react to put on a lot of size from it. However that is a really good routine. Just go by your goals and like he said adapt it to fit your time and needs

auburn_1984
05-27-10, 1:33 am
I will give the 5x5 a go for a few months to get my strength up to par then give the training routine #5 a shot, My main goal is to put on muscle.

music_man185
05-28-10, 4:58 pm
i've been doing the animalpak training routine #5 for a few weeks now. my strength seems to be going up and my muscles look harder (but that could be due to the m-stak and animal pump).

the routine says to perform 4 sets of 8, 6, 4, 2. but what do guys think about body parts that require a more volume and pump to grow? should they also be done with this rep range?

JUGGERNAUT
05-28-10, 5:54 pm
i've been doing the animalpak training routine #5 for a few weeks now. my strength seems to be going up and my muscles look harder (but that could be due to the m-stak and animal pump).

the routine says to perform 4 sets of 8, 6, 4, 2. but what do guys think about body parts that require a more volume and pump to grow? should they also be done with this rep range?

I now go 8 6 4 4 2 Just keep in mind, matter what you do it expects you to go heavy; so even 4 sets can ruin you done right.

auburn_1984
06-03-10, 4:32 pm
I think i will run madcow 5x5 for a few weeks to get my strength back up to par where i think i should be, and then run animal routine. I lost alot of strength when i dropped 65 pounds and now time to clean bulk back up.

Cellardweller
06-29-10, 5:02 pm
routine #5 question. For chest it has incline BP and then you do incline dumbell presses. Thats 2 incline press movements. Should they be flyes and not DB presses?

Legacy
06-29-10, 10:29 pm
routine #5 question. For chest it has incline BP and then you do incline dumbell presses. Thats 2 incline press movements. Should they be flyes and not DB presses?

Nothin wrong with doing 2 presses bro. If you wanna do a fly do a fly if you wanna do a press do a press. Dont overcomplicate it. Just lift the weight, feel the stretch and feel the contraction