PDA

View Full Version : Legs

Legacy
05-26-10, 2:09 pm
Check out this leg workout with Doug Porterfield. Great way to switch things up for legs.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/videos/iatraining/1470-doug-porterfield-trains-legs-4-weeks-prior-to-the-2010-npc-jr-nationals.html

Aggression
05-26-10, 2:40 pm
Some unconventional methods, for sure. Luckily I have a vertical leg press and a glute/ham raise machine at my current gym, so I don't need to position myself under a smith machine with 4pps using just the middle area of my feet. Looks a bit dangerous, haha.

Deltoid
05-26-10, 3:02 pm
Hardcore!

Legacy
05-26-10, 3:36 pm
Some unconventional methods, for sure. Luckily I have a vertical leg press and a glute/ham raise machine at my current gym, so I don't need to position myself under a smith machine with 4pps using just the middle area of my feet. Looks a bit dangerous, haha.

Lucky you man. My gym doesn't have the vertical leg press so I've been using a smith machine like he does for a while now. I will tell ya though, I never go above 225 on that lol. No worse feeling than be under that bar wondering if it will slip or not lol. 405 on that is ridiculous, good thing those safety locks work

LegendKillerJosh
05-27-10, 8:37 pm
What's the point? Squats always have worked, and always will work. Leg training doesn't need to get fancy.

Aggression
05-28-10, 8:21 am
What's the point? Squats always have worked, and always will work. Leg training doesn't need to get fancy.

At 4 weeks out from a show, most of us tend to back off the heavy exercises, such as squats and deadlifts as to avoid injury. Your body is more prone to injuries being that lean and deprived of nutrients at this point. Also, you're not building any more muscle any way. So many tend to almost 'cruise in', hitting the gym for a solid pump and then head home. This video shows alternate ways to really dial in some extra lines/separation.