PDA

View Full Version : The Erosion of Sanity

Razor
05-26-10, 2:30 pm
So thought i'd start up my first "shoot the shit" thread with a post on an event that happened yesterday. Last night at the gym i had just finished pressing 100lb dumbells and was rising off the bench. As i did that, one of the personal trainers (big dude) walked by and said "you really need to go heavier big guy". I replied with "why do you guys only stock 100lb dumbells? Could i make a request for heavier ones?" His response was that Bally's is a family oriented gym and it's unsafe to go heavier in dumbells. Of course i laughed seeing as how that's the most retarded thing i've ever heard of. He didn't crack a smile saying it's true and that if i wanted to really go heavy to join another gym besides this one. Of course he was kidding about the last piece....I can't switch gyms because i like the people that work there and i get to see my dad and sister all the time plus i pay pennies compared to other people there. I still want to say something though.....

Phil800101
06-07-10, 10:47 pm
So thought i'd start up my first "shoot the shit" thread with a post on an event that happened yesterday. Last night at the gym i had just finished pressing 100lb dumbells and was rising off the bench. As i did that, one of the personal trainers (big dude) walked by and said "you really need to go heavier big guy". I replied with "why do you guys only stock 100lb dumbells? Could i make a request for heavier ones?" His response was that Bally's is a family oriented gym and it's unsafe to go heavier in dumbells. Of course i laughed seeing as how that's the most retarded thing i've ever heard of. He didn't crack a smile saying it's true and that if i wanted to really go heavy to join another gym besides this one. Of course he was kidding about the last piece....I can't switch gyms because i like the people that work there and i get to see my dad and sister all the time plus i pay pennies compared to other people there. I still want to say something though.....

That is stupid as all hell. Sounds more to me like they think they might be liable if some numbnuts injures himself, even though they are exempt given what you sign when you join or even just use the place for the day.

ghost
06-08-10, 10:36 am
that's what you get for joining a BALLYS.

Mr. Dead
06-08-10, 10:53 am
One of the MANY reasons I left Bally's... *LOL*

moreofme2kill
06-09-10, 1:58 am
could be worse, they could have a grunt alarm like planet fitness or whatever its called. i couldnt believe the videos they have of that shit on youtube! i mean really, wtf?!! if im paying money to work out in a place i should be able to grunt till i shat my pants if i fuckin wanted to!! im just sayin. rant end.

Razor
07-09-10, 4:25 pm
Married Life thus far.....Where to begin.

Well first off i couldn't be happier. It's not everyday a guy like me gets lucky and gets to marry his childhood sweetheart who lives a million miles away (at the time). Were there going to be challenges? Yes i was aware of this. Was there going to need to be more sacrifice needed than ever before? Yes i was aware of this. You can be told everything there is to know about marriage and be super prepared...but you won't be haha. You have to roll with a lot of stuff that would normally set you off or make you frown upon. im learning so much about my new wife its crazy. So many good things happening right now it's overwhelming. There's still tons of work left to do. Hell according to family the work/job never ends. That's how a successful marriage is done. Working at things everyday and never resting when an opportunity comes up to make the other one smile or laugh...

We've now been to the gym for about 2 weeks straight now. Its' funny. She's got her classes of pilates, kwando, or step and i got the iron. It's such a cool feeling going to the gym with her since she's addicted to classes (has been since she started going in high school in her country) and i'm addicted to bodybuilding. Last night i popped Nitro then when we went home she watched me make my shake in the Magic Bullet then down some Storm shortly after. All through this she asked questions. "What does that blue stuff do?" "How do you know how much Protein to take?" "Why so many pills?" haha It was rough since i had to really dig deep into my knowledge go back as far as the difference between anabolism and catabolism...but damn that was fun and i loved that she wanted to know about my life and why i do things a certain way.....

Damn that was a long rant about absolutely nothing. i literally just typed and typed as thoughts came into my mind. Sorry if this was boring fellas guess i'm just really happy with life right now...thanks for reading for those that do.

Steve

mcbeast
07-09-10, 6:27 pm
could be worse, they could have a grunt alarm like planet fitness or whatever its called. i couldnt believe the videos they have of that shit on youtube! i mean really, wtf?!! if im paying money to work out in a place i should be able to grunt till i shat my pants if i fuckin wanted to!! im just sayin. rant end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6OrO1f610