PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember your first workout?

AntoineV
05-27-10, 9:56 pm
It was in 2003 during a hot summer day. I remember doing dumbell presses with 40's and seeing this guy besides me doing 90's and thought ''Man this guy is strong!'' I was 15.

I just beat him last year at the canadian nationals.

How about you, do you remember something about your first workout(s)?

jeff00z28
05-28-10, 1:51 am
failed on 135 bench wearing all skateboarding clothes

naturalguy
05-28-10, 8:44 am
I don't remember the workout however I do remember being so sore I could barely raise my arms, it was so painful and so uncomfortable..................................... .........................................but I loved it

J-Dawg
05-28-10, 9:09 am
I remember the first time I lifted at a gym. It was my freshman year in highschool and we were just playing around with weights. I was a scrawny 90lb kid, lol, but felt the rush from lifting and was hooked ever since. We just messed with the bench and did bicep curls (typical kid, eh?) but I was hooked and haven't looked back since.

C.Coronato
05-28-10, 9:11 am

Now THATS cool brotha. Very cool.

I dont recall my first workout. But i know it was with my pops when i was 13. He signed my brother and I up to the local powerhouse when they first opened. I was still there at 24 until a few months ago when the new owners changed to a Retro and didnt like bodybuilders anymore. I do remember that i didnt like it, and i used to fake being sick to sit in the bathroom. At 13, what did i know?

Aggression
05-28-10, 9:12 am
I don't remember my FIRST ever workout. But I do remember my first general year working out, in my HS gym after school. I remember hitting 135 on bench for the first time. I remember pressing 40s on incline and feeling BIG. I remember the little POS stereo sitting on a makeshift wooden shelf. The only music allowed was oldies or the Rocky Soundtrack. It was a great environment. I sometimes wish I could go back there for a session.

pags
05-28-10, 9:54 am
7th grade gym class, me and a couple other guys decided to hit the gym instead of tennis or dodgeball or something. I don't remember the very first workout but I remember 2 instances:
-me and my boy fucking around with dropsets on leg extensions and felt like my quads were going to explode. (We thought we were hot shit cuz we thought we invented dropsets. lol)
-getting a complement from a kid in high school about the peaks in my biceps while doing preacher curls. (come on guys, as a middle schooler that's cool)

Legacy
05-28-10, 10:00 am
My first ever workout was freshman year in high school. I took the weightlifting class as an elective and our first workout was bench press. I maxed out at 95 lbs lol. I was bit by the bug and joined the gym the next semester. Fast forward 4 years to my senior year and my measly 95 lb bench turned into a 350 lb bench. I am now 4 years out of high school and still kicking ass in the gym. I owe it all to a muscle and fitness magazine my aunt bought me when I was 15, and my strength and conditioning coach from high school.

AntoineV
05-29-10, 1:16 pm
Nice post guys!

I also remember the first time I did bench. I thought since I was doing push ups easily I could bench press my own weight. So I put 185 pounds on the bench and benched it twice, and went for a third. Not a good idea. Thank god for the safety bars.

I stayed away from bench press for like a year after that!

Dingo
06-01-10, 11:24 am
In junior high gym class we did some lifting, but it was unorganized and the "coach" didnt really spend much time demonstrating anything. None the less the interest in me was stirred for the first time. I didnt do much with it though until some years later after I had my hernia operation on doctors advice that some strength training may help prevent another one. My brother bought a cheap weight set, the ones that are plastic and filled with sand, we didnt have a bench so we floor pressed, 60lbs had me shakin and thats when I knew.

Funky
06-01-10, 11:29 am
The first time i lifted my Dad had gotten some weights to "get in shape" I watched him do some curls and I had to do that!! The first workout I did was trying to curl my dad's weight and dropped it breaking something that I got in lots of trouble for. Then he taught me how to change to less weight LOL I was around 10 and have lifted on and off ever since, I fell in love with lifting and the way it felt.

LegendKillerJosh
06-01-10, 11:54 am
I remember in 6th grade there was a bench press contest in gym class. The opening round was 60 pounds and I got that. Next was 70 and I got that too. Next round was 80 pounds and I failed lol. But actually, I weighed less than 80 pounds and probably wasn't even 5 feet tall. I've come a long way to 220 pounds with a 355lb bench. That was my first "workout" but I didn't get serious about bulking until after high school.

Birdman
06-01-10, 12:27 pm
It was late 8th grade year and a bunch of my friend were going over to the high school after school to work out with the high school football team. They had the conditioning in the spring and 8th graders could come and start lifting with them to get in shape for their freshman year. Well I was never interested playing football but shit, free weight room and something do. So we all walk over there after school and start lifting with the high school kids. I remember that i was 13 years old, weighed about 65-70 pounds and when I benched for the first time the bar felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. Squatting 95 pounds and power cleaning 55 pounds...those were the days.
Didn't get serious about the weights until about 2 1/2-3 years ago.

JUGGERNAUT
06-01-10, 1:01 pm
Remember it well. It was the jacked gym teacher introducing us to the deadlift (How cool is that?) After performing the technique for us with 225 on the bar; he pointed at me and said, "You look like you want to do this, so show the class." I banged out 10 reps of 225, shocked the teacher (he didn't expect me just walking up to the same weight). Had to crawl out of bed the next morning.

naturalguy
06-01-10, 4:13 pm
Remember it well. It was the jacked gym teacher introducing us to the deadlift (How cool is that?) After performing the technique for us with 225 on the bar; he pointed at me and said, "You look like you want to do this, so show the class." I banged out 10 reps of 225, shocked the teacher (he didn't expect me just walking up to the same weight). Had to crawl out of bed the next morning.

Knowing the legend of JUGGS, I would have thought it went like this:

"Teach, don't insult me with only 2 pies, let's double the action and go for 405" and then you would have proceeded to crush it

J-Dawg
06-01-10, 4:14 pm

Wouldn't expect anything less from the JUGGERNAUT.

Brick By Brick
06-01-10, 4:16 pm
12 yrs old, floor bench press with a little barbell I borrowed from the neighbor kid's dad.

Universal Rep
06-10-10, 1:14 pm
It was in 2003 during a hot summer day. I remember doing dumbell presses with 40's and seeing this guy besides me doing 90's and thought ''Man this guy is strong!'' I was 15.

How about you, do you remember something about your first workout(s)?

Nice. I'm guessin' that session left a big mark on you as a 15 year old.... How'd ya do at the Canadian Nationals?

msktyshha
06-10-10, 7:09 pm
yeah still remember me getting crushed under 115lb bar on bench press, and a very nice guy came and took it off of me and said "Don't use heavy weight". It was very nice of him to take the bar off of me, but I never took his advise and the next day I tried squatting 135lbs and was crushed again lol