PDA

View Full Version : cannon shoulders

Joseph V
05-27-10, 10:04 pm
whats the one best exercise you would use to build that roundness on your shoulders..my opinion i would pick the SEATED MILITARY PRESS

this is an area im strong at but i need to maximize my gains with the best strategy possible..hopefully this will be useful to othr people similar to me

whats your opinion?

Fricano
05-27-10, 10:19 pm
The best exercise is definitely side lateral raise. This is the best move that targets the medial deltoid. Widen your shoulders and improve you v-taper. Military press in my opinion works to much front deltoid which often over power the rest of the muscle in the shoulder girdle.

Joseph V
05-27-10, 10:23 pm
The best exercise is definitely side lateral raise. This is the best move that targets the medial deltoid. Widen your shoulders and improve you v-taper. Military press in my opinion works to much front deltoid which often over power the rest of the muscle in the shoulder girdle.

good to hear. because the head im most intrested in is the rear which is located next to the back and in back of the front delt..

the middle delt is always very important,..front delts i dont wory as much because the rear and side delts are what gives it that pop look

Joseph V
05-27-10, 10:24 pm

and also..alot of people try going heavy as shit in the side laterals..in my opnion from research isnt it better using weight thats fairly heavy enough to go 10 maybe 11 reps with good for to get the bes out of your side delt?

Fricano
05-27-10, 11:06 pm
I agree people dont often use good form and let there front delt take over. I like to lean forward a little so that if you wear looking in a mirror you might be able to see your rear delts. I feel my later delts working harder in this position. Anything to take emphasis off the front delt which gets plenty from any pressing movement.

Joseph V
05-27-10, 11:27 pm
I agree people dont often use good form and let there front delt take over. I like to lean forward a little so that if you wear looking in a mirror you might be able to see your rear delts. I feel my later delts working harder in this position. Anything to take emphasis off the front delt which gets plenty from any pressing movement.

jesus your a genius!..i swear i did not know that..fuck im gonna try that on my next workout for shoulders

NaturalTrainee
05-28-10, 7:19 am
Well, there are also cable laterals and inclined side laterals, both are great and isolate the side delts easily. The real thing is to keep your form strict, because it is to easy to break in lateral movements.

C.Coronato
05-28-10, 9:59 am
I recently got into Standing Military. Big fan for sure.

music_man185
05-28-10, 10:37 am
my shoulder routine consists of
Seated DB Military Presses
Side DB Raises
Front DB Raises
Shrugs
sometimes i'll throw in some EZ Bar Upright Rows.

4 sets each. 8, 6, 4, 2

Fricano
05-28-10, 11:25 am
Wide-grip upright rows work pretty good too. I also do reverse pec-deck flyes. I just get a better contraction than with dumbbells.

Dingo
05-28-10, 11:47 am
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut1.htm

where i first learned of wide grip upright rows.

Also, instead of using the smith machine for seated military presses, i drag a seat over to the power cage and set the bars 1 setting short of the bottom of my range of motion. This setup allows me to lift the bar safely off the rack from infront of me then bring it into position for behind the head military presses.

In Flames
05-28-10, 5:47 pm
I like Schak's Shoulder workout. Starting out with Side Laterals first to warm the Shoulders up.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=training&ID=287

My current Shoulder workout focuses mainly on Medial Delts and Rear Delts.

3-4 x Standing Side Laterals (Dumbell or Cable, I Alternate weekly)
3-4 x Rope Face Pulls
3 x Wide Grip Upright Rows
3 x Barbell Shrugs

music_man185
05-28-10, 6:13 pm
aren't rope face pulls for biceps? or are we talking about two different things

Muscleguy93
05-28-10, 6:17 pm
aren't rope face pulls for biceps? or are we talking about two different things

rear delts...

music_man185
05-28-10, 8:02 pm
this is what i'm thinking of

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/cable-hammer-curls-rope-attachment

Muscleguy93
05-28-10, 9:18 pm
this is what i'm thinking of

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/cable-hammer-curls-rope-attachment

Those aren't facepulls.

music_man185
05-28-10, 10:41 pm
ok.....

Joseph V
05-28-10, 11:15 pm

i dont know if you guys do this but i adopted the idea of warming up my shoulders with 5 pound plates for any upper body workout..as the shoulders are the base for any movement really....this idea came from seth feroce that he uses on any day he works out his upper body

Joseph V
05-28-10, 11:21 pm
WARMUP: 5 ib. shoulder laterals, side laterals, any movement that invloves the shoulders in my workout.

Standing Military barbell raises ( 4 sets, 6-8 reps )

seated bentover DB rear laterals ( 4 sets, 6-8 reps )

standing side laterals ( 3 sets, 10 reps )

barbell front raises ( 2 sets, 15 reps )

side cable laterals ( 6 sets, 6-12 reps) ..with drop sets

tdubs
05-29-10, 12:11 pm
I've found I've had some great shoulder development recently from push press. I've done a fair amount of heavy military pressing (did a few cycles of 5/3/1) in addition to dumbell pressing, but push presses have definitely had a bigger impact on the roundness of my shoulders.
Not your standard bodybuilding lift I know, but it has done the job.

Joseph V
05-29-10, 5:48 pm
I've found I've had some great shoulder development recently from push press. I've done a fair amount of heavy military pressing (did a few cycles of 5/3/1) in addition to dumbell pressing, but push presses have definitely had a bigger impact on the roundness of my shoulders.
Not your standard bodybuilding lift I know, but it has done the job.

dont worry bro..everybody different when t comes to workout..its just the tried and true and exercises that get the job done..and from what im reading you must have some awesome delts dude,.

Joseph V
05-29-10, 5:52 pm
ive always been intrested in all the bodyparts but if theres two bodyparts im always eager to learn more about iss the delts and the back..but especially the delts

MojoMike36
05-30-10, 12:58 pm
BB/Cable Upright Rows gave me the mass. DB Laterals-->Band Lateral circuits gave me the shape and cuts.

Vary your grips, and lateral techniques for best results imo.

Mindaugas
05-30-10, 2:26 pm

My favorite too... I also like doing standing one arm arnold press.