PDA

View Full Version : First Show

82Airborne
05-29-10, 9:28 am
I'm doing my first show October 28th, it's a Level 2 in Hialeah, Florida.
Nervous fuck no, I can't wait to get on stage. I've been trying for the longest to do it but,
It has been a struggle getting all my supplements and Diet in order. Like it says in the Journey, "if you wait till you think your ready, you'll never be ready."
So Octorber 28, is DDay, my brothers.
At the moment I'm weighing 182lbs, strength is good, form is good, and I keep my training varied, from Drop Downs, Giant Sets, SuperSets, or week I'll go heavy as low as 4 Rep and the next week I'll take it to failure. So far so good. I do need suggestions on Diet, that seems to be my biggest obstacle.
I don't eat junk food, but I'm fucking tired of chicken, I could do fish, and steak all day every day, but what else. Also my training session is at 0430, so I take protein shake before work and a pre workout drink, is that enough or to little, and I get roughly 5 hours of sleep Mon-Thursday, Friday-Sunday is when I sleep more. Yes I train 6 days a week, 7the day is simply cardio.

FYI, I'm transitioning from Long Distance running (3miles to 26miles) of 25 years to bodybuilding. Been seriously bodybuilding or working out to be called a bodybuilder for 2.5 years.

TimK13
05-29-10, 10:24 am
Great Job making that commitment!! I'll be along for the ride. With your background in running, conditioning doesn't sound like it will be a problem. Diet will be key, to hold that muscle & get shredded. Watch out for overtraining. 7 days is a lot and easy to fall into the trap of more is better (we all do) Try to get in 7 meals. 4 whole & 3 shakes. 40-50gm/protein per meal. I'm not sure how tall you are, but at 182 & 5 months out nothing too crazy on carbs
try to keep your fat content on the low side and maybe carbs in the 250 gms/day for 4 weeks than see what your progress is. Big Ant has been helping me my last prep & current prep with really good results. Tuna, talapia, flank steak are all good at this point. Best of luck & enjoy the journey.

Tim

FITGYM
05-29-10, 11:23 am
Good Luck on your journey Brother...

If you posted up your diet by how much you eat and when you are eating along with height and BF than we can help you better otherwise we are kind of guessing here

C.Coronato
06-01-10, 9:17 am
Good luck my man for sure. I know how you feel with being sick of chicken, it gets very monotonous. But its something that we all have to endure. I have been eating 2 egg meals, 1 shake meal, and 3 chicken meals for the past 13 weeks .. i still have 5 more to go lol.