PDA

View Full Version : Ez bar - wrists cocked out?

Hybrid7
05-29-10, 3:07 pm
Anyone do barbell curls or preacher curls on a ez bar with their wrists cocked the opposite way? Basically, I used to do preachers with an ez bar until I read/noticed a straight bar puts more emphasis on my biceps. But the other day I used the ez bar again and held it on the downward bent and got the best bicep session ever. Is this ok? Like is it safe for the long term or doing any damage as it does have a bit of a pull feeling to my elbow joint... same concept I guess as some people twisting their wrist that direction during concentrations right?

PORTERHOUSE
05-29-10, 3:17 pm
do you mean you used a close grip? I don't understand how you held it. But if it didn't hurt, its probably fine. EZ bars are curled for a reason.

intoodeep25
05-29-10, 4:17 pm
bro if you got the best bicep workout for you ever, then why would you cut them out even if everyone in the world told you to. if it works for you, and hits your bi's well, then grab that ez bar and curl

Little Z
05-29-10, 8:52 pm
you can only do the same movements for so long until you will feel as if you are getting nothing out of your workout.. mix it up, shock the muscles.. biceps are real easy to hit, just change your angles, bar, etc.. do what works for you, if a certain movement kills your bis each week, stick with it until you dont feel it anymore.. plain and simple.. do what works for you..

Joseph V
05-30-10, 3:13 am
do what works for you,...use the exercises that will benefit you the most..eventually after a few weeks change it up in a differerent order

i on the other hand use the same exercises for my arms as an example but i change it up every 3 days because i tend to get bored very quickly if i do the same workout of arms for 2 session in a row..so in other words if it were up to me i would change each session of any bodypart i train every time..SAME EXERCISES BUT IN A DIFFERENT ORDER WITH DIFFERENT SETS AND REPS