PDA

View Full Version : Brothers, You NEED To See This

FewL4no1
05-29-10, 4:47 pm
To start, I hope this not violate FORVM rules. I really think this needs to be shared.

As bodybuilders, powerlifters, or just individuals who are trying to obtain a better physique and live a healthier lifestyle, one of the things we regularly consume is dairy products. As such, I believe it is our responsibility as consumers to stand up against ways in which our food is being produced, and in this case how the animals are being treated in the production process.

If you have not heard of the Conklin Dairy Farm in Ohio and the recent animal abuse video, I would very much appreciate it if you would go to this website and sign the petition. As we focus a lot on food on the FORVM and it's benefits to our goals, let us not lose sight of the animals that give us the means to do what we love.

http://www.change.org/petitions/view/shut_down_conklin_dairy_farms_and_arrest_and_charg e_gary_conklin_and_his_crew_with_animal_cruelty

charlievanriper
05-29-10, 4:57 pm
I'll sign it later, Ive got some running around to do. Thx for posting this.
I also hope the Watchmen allow this, because it does effect most of us. Some dont care, but I truly beleive that most of us Bodybuilders and Strength athletes being who we are have enough sense to see the value in supporting this effort!!!

FewL4no1
05-29-10, 5:05 pm
I'll sign it later, Ive got some running around to do. Thx for posting this.
I also hope the Watchmen allow this, because it does effect most of us. Some dont care, but I truly beleive that most of us Bodybuilders and Strength athletes being who we are have enough sense to see the value in supporting this effort!!!

Thank you charlie, I appreciate your support. I am not directly tied to this, but as someone who consumes quite a bit of dairy products (whey, milk and egg protein) this really hits close to home.

charlievanriper
05-29-10, 5:13 pm
Ya but it shows heart and class by supporting it, again thx.

Fury317
05-29-10, 5:29 pm
I live in Columbus and saw this on teh news....disgusting to say the least. Im no hippie PETA animal lover- hell I eat about 2 lbs of meat a day- but no living thing deserved to be treated the way they showed on the news.

I agree, this should stay up (not sure why it would be taken down or blocked) and more people should be aware of this.

Wingman
05-29-10, 5:50 pm
That video is horrific. I would really like to take a crow bar and beat the shit out of those McAssholes. No living thing deserved to be treated like that. Hell, I may eat the product, but i wouldn't buy it from those douche bags. You got my vote man. I'm in Ohio as well. That really pissed me off though, seeing on those little calfs and shit. Great thing to post Brother.

BigChrisF
05-29-10, 6:35 pm
I would really like to take a crow bar and beat the shit out of those McAssholes. No living thing deserved to be treated like that.

There is a lot of irony in that statement.

This doesn't make any sense. Abusing your own stock is just stupid. No farmer would do anything that would make his stock, his livelihood, unhealthy.

Singh
05-29-10, 8:40 pm
bunch of cowards, tying the animals up then beating them with bars!
some one like that beat with a metal bar untill the they cant possibly bleed no more!

AntoineV
05-29-10, 8:54 pm
I have a friend who really follows this anti-animal cruelty. He knows where to buy and what to buy to avoid ''supporting'' the bad animal care.

Like instead of buying the normal eggs, you pay a buck or two more and you can buy free hen eggs (hens that run free and are not trapped in tight cages while laying their eggs). I think the buck you pay more is worth it.

Also, kosher cows are slayed inhumanly with their throat cuts so they die from their blood, their head pointing at a certain religious direction. Normal cows are slain with electric shock instead.

If you take the time and do a research, you will learn more about this and learn what to do and/or not to do.

charlievanriper
05-29-10, 9:05 pm
And in reply remember 80% of the meat that comes from putz's like this go to thr Fast Food industry ( they dont care ) which is another vary good reason to buy a George Foreman Grill (LOL, no really they are great for fast cooking ) and maske your own Double whopper with bacon, Cheese and Jalapenos lol.

Seriously this shit is for the birds and thier needs to be more Oversight to prevent this.

prowrestler
05-29-10, 10:48 pm
not to sound like a dick, but signing petitions changes little to fuck all.

if you actually care about the issue, instead of signing a paper saying so, MAKE A CHANGE.

charlievanriper
05-29-10, 11:47 pm
By signing the petitions you are doing something. Yes its just a start for most, but for most this kind of thing gives them a reason to look into how to make a change. In or out your part of the solution or part of the problem. Thats how I started making changes by hearing about things and seeing these petitions being spread, so I started looking into different things and started making a difference 1 step at a time. From lowering my Carbon footprint to Suporting local farmers, Cattlemen,Dairy and poulty farms that promote more Humane treatment of the animals that are raised to feed us to suporting Green technologies all the way down the line. The main point is if I did not pay attention to the petitions and those that fight for those things that are right, I would not have learned about all the tragedy that goes on inside our so called Civilized Nation. So yes sign the petition, then stop suporting the Companies that buy and distribute these products. This is called Grass Roots Efforts.

Joseph V
05-30-10, 12:30 am
i honestly..i come from hialeah florida..and we love our animal..and the animal that give us the nutrition we take for granted every day

so in the name of the cows and pigs and etcc.. id kick the shit ou of someones ass if i see that kind of cruelty right in front of my eyes..

pure sons of bitches is who they are...i mean i eat meat and all but i do prey for the animal that give me all this great nutrtion...so help me god if i catch a motherfucker doing this to the an animal i see

FewL4no1
05-30-10, 10:19 am
not to sound like a dick, but signing petitions changes little to fuck all.

if you actually care about the issue, instead of signing a paper saying so, MAKE A CHANGE.

Hey pro wrestler,

Signing the petition is making a change. Short of going to the Dairy Farm ourselves and taking out all the cows, which would be illegal, this will motivate authorities to take action against this person and let those who do this sort of thing know that it will not be tolerated.

Having one person sign a piece of paper may not seem like a lot, but when authorities respond in accordance to the law which was motivated by a petition (which has happened countless times before), that is a step in the right direction.

Being located in the middle of Nebraska, I can't do too much, but at least hopefully educate and inform my fellow humans about this sort of thing. Education is the best defense we have.

AntoineV
05-30-10, 12:39 pm
Hey pro wrestler,

Signing the petition is making a change. Short of going to the Dairy Farm ourselves and taking out all the cows, which would be illegal, this will motivate authorities to take action against this person and let those who do this sort of thing know that it will not be tolerated.

Having one person sign a piece of paper may not seem like a lot, but when authorities respond in accordance to the law which was motivated by a petition (which has happened countless times before), that is a step in the right direction.

Being located in the middle of Nebraska, I can't do too much, but at least hopefully educate and inform my fellow humans about this sort of thing. Education is the best defense we have.

I agree with prowrestler, if you just sign the petition and then not care about the issue after that, it won't make a big change. You need to make new life choices to support the cause. Signing it is a plus, it will show that some people care. But there is alot of people that just sign that and don't do shit afterwards.

Fearless Rabbit
05-30-10, 1:24 pm
I`m not being a hater here, but all you Americans should go and see "Food Inc." documentary, about the food you eat. Pay attention on chicken treatment. I`m so happy that as an European I have nothing with your mass-production food industry.

Here is a movie trailer link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0

charlievanriper
05-30-10, 2:03 pm
""I agree with prowrestler, if you just sign the petition and then not care about the issue after that, it won't make a big change. You need to make new life choices to support the cause. Signing it is a plus, it will show that some people care. But there is alot of people that just sign that and don't do shit afterwards.""

Well thats okay for Them, the rest of us will make changes, but if you dont sign the petitions then the Company will get to continue with thier practices and thier will be no reform or oversight, not saying the petition will change the world, but for some its something ( not everyone can or is willing to totally change thier lifestyle, or fly off to some State and picket a company. Thier signature is a statement and its appreciated).

FewL4no1
05-30-10, 2:16 pm
I`m not being a hater here, but all you Americans should go and see "Food Inc." documentary, about the food you eat. Pay attention on chicken treatment. I`m so happy that as an European I have nothing with your mass-production food industry.

I actually have it on DVD at my house, along with Super Size Me ;) It is one of the many reasons I posted this and am very adamant about proper treatment of the animals that I eat. I buy from Farmer's Markets and trusted, reputable supplement companies. It costs me a bit more, but it is well worth it.

@Antoine. I do care about the issue, and will continue to do so. Even if there are those who only sign and then let it float away from there minds, at least it is a start. I feel like this is splitting hairs at this point: You can not change the world overnight with your actions, so it is better to just do nothing?

@charlie Very well put sir, thank you.

"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing."

FITGYM
05-30-10, 5:26 pm
Obviously they watch to many Rocky movies. in Japan they massage and give them beer and wine and charge more for it. There is even one religion that holds the Cow sacred and they wont eat the meat...

Beowulf
06-03-10, 2:36 pm
By signing the petitions you are doing something. Yes its just a start for most, but for most this kind of thing gives them a reason to look into how to make a change.

Hey pro wrestler,

I agree, signing a petition is doing "something", but what exactly? How does signing a petition automatically guarantee a "change"? For what it's worth, there's a lot between signing a petition and breaking the law. If this really matters to you, why not go visit a dairy farm and talk to the owners? I think this would have far greater effect. Often, signing a petition is nothing more than making ourselves feel good that we did some good. Of course, I'm not saying this is your motivation.

Beowulf
06-03-10, 2:38 pm

Us "Americans"? Lol. All Americans are not unelightened as all you Europeans are;) We need your help though. Support us. Help us help ourselves;)

BigChrisF
06-06-10, 5:07 pm
Us Americans would never export our mass produced food to places like Europe...*sigh*