PDA

View Full Version : Tricep Day?!

Fleadom4all
05-31-10, 8:54 pm
So for a while when I first started lifting I had Triceps with Delts on the same day, I finally switched it up to Chest and Tri's on the same day with Delts having their own. Now I heard on an article online that a good way to bust a plateu and really pack some meat on your tri's is to have Triceps on a day of their own, what you guys think? This would be my Routine:

Mon: Legs & Abs
Tues:Chest
Wed:REST
Thurs:Back & Bi's
Fri: Tri's
Sat: Delts
Sun: REST

Thoughts?

LegendKillerJosh
05-31-10, 8:58 pm
So for a while when I first started lifting I had Triceps with Delts on the same day, I finally switched it up to Chest and Tri's on the same day with Delts having their own. Now I heard on an article online that a good way to bust a plateu and really pack some meat on your tri's is to have Triceps on a day of their own, what you guys think? This would be my Routine:

Thoughts?

I would have a day between triceps and delts. Maybe try:

Mon: Legs and Abs
Tues: Chest
Wed: REST
Thurs: Tri's
Fri: Back and Bi's

Fleadom4all
05-31-10, 8:59 pm
You dont think that would be too close to Chest day and your Tri's may still be fatigued?

LegendKillerJosh
05-31-10, 9:08 pm
You dont think that would be too close to Chest day and your Tri's may still be fatigued?

then do chest monday and legs tuesday.

Fleadom4all
05-31-10, 9:28 pm
That may work, I'll try it for a few weeks. Thanks!

LegendKillerJosh
06-01-10, 1:59 pm
That may work, I'll try it for a few weeks. Thanks!

I mean think about it - if you want to do chest, triceps and delts all on seperate days, and their is only 7 days per week, you are going to have to do some of those workouts on only 2 days rest.

Fleadom4all
06-01-10, 2:27 pm
Yeah but technically I am working the Triceps three times a week then, is that too much or overtraining? I know how easily they toss the word Overtraining around.

Aggression
06-01-10, 2:48 pm
I used a split in the past that looked like this;

Monday - Chest
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Arms

I never had an issue with that split when it came to tricep soreness, etc.

LegendKillerJosh
06-01-10, 3:34 pm
Yeah but technically I am working the Triceps three times a week then, is that too much or overtraining? I know how easily they toss the word Overtraining around.

As long as on your delt day you don't directly hit triceps they will be fine.

MojoMike36
06-01-10, 4:07 pm

If you keep your triceps day, with whatever you decide to pair it with, heavy & @ the proper volume you won't be over training. I think every serious lifter's triceps adapt to handle all the work after the first year roughly.

J Wong
06-01-10, 10:40 pm
If you keep your triceps day, with whatever you decide to pair it with, heavy & @ the proper volume you won't be over training. I think every serious lifter's triceps adapt to handle all the work after the first year roughly.

This. The whole triceps too close to chest workout thing is stupid imo (keep in mind I used to have this same mindset).

calcaneous
06-01-10, 11:02 pm
it really depends on how well you recover. Some days, i can hit chest 2 days after tricep (tri on Monday, chest on Wednesday).

My tricep routine is only three exercises; floor presses, close grip bench press, and db close grip presses.

so that might be why i can hit chest so soon afterward

jeff00z28
06-02-10, 3:54 pm
y not drop bis on back day and do a bis and tris day?

MELTDOWN
06-02-10, 10:50 pm
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=training&ID=370

Or hop onto the G's Circuit Breaker train and shake it all up, especailly arm days. I'm 3 weeks in and at the end of each session, I got nothing left. And just TRY to shower normally on each Bi and Tri day...I dare ya....
Carry On !!!

theharjmann
06-03-10, 11:38 am

Thoughts?

the following is working well for me:

you hit your triceps when u train chest, shoulders and of course triceps.

so training chest on one day, shoulders on another and triceps on a third day is overtraining in my opinion.

I have changed up my routine to doing chest with delts and then arms on a separate day. that way im only hitting triceps twice a week so not overtraining, making sure there are about 2-3 days inbetween those workouts.

i have reduced the number of days i train a week to 4. i used to do 5. im starting to pack on some size.

this is working for me and might not for you. but im just throwing the idea out there. good luck