PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Universal Athlete

naturalguy
06-01-10, 4:49 pm
There is a new Universal bodybuilder in our stable, young, up and coming with a great physique. Brad hails from the Dirty Jerz but he is originally from New Hampshire. He is an accomplished athlete who played football, track and wrestling in high school and played college football. He has turned his competitive drive towards bodybuilding now. Like many of us, Brad is a big fan of the company and what we stand for.

In 2006 he placed 2nd at the NH State Championships and 3rd at the Northeast Tournament of Champions, both as a heavy weight. In his early 20s, Brad's future is bright and ahead of him. He is competing this Saturday June 5th at the Bev Francis Atlantic States show, looking to qualify for the Jr. Nationals. He has a great coach helping him, future Universal Mentor and our very own Vinny Galanti.

Brad will be active here on the FORVM for now and will play a bigger role in the future at the new UniversalUSA.com website (stay tuned for that (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27777)).

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Browe.jpg

"What is the Universal Athlete? What are the ideals of this new bodybuilder? Universal is about a youth movement. It's about a return to sanity and the classic, realistic physiques of old. Universal is about grass roots bodybuilding, attainable bodybuilding, bodybuilding that captures the enthusiasm and excitement of amateur bodybuilding of yesteryear. It's about applying old school values to a great sport with a long history. Universal is about diversity. The rewarding work that the sport calls upon us is the same. Anyone can choose to take up that work. This is what makes Universal, universal."

Look for more announcements in the near future...

Littlefry
06-01-10, 5:03 pm
Sounds like a young up and comer! Good to see Universal pick him up!

Mr. Dead
06-01-10, 5:21 pm
Nice!!!

C.Coronato
06-01-10, 5:26 pm
Good luck to him this saturday for sure!

Elite
06-01-10, 5:39 pm
Good luck to him this saturday for sure!

If he's got tree trunk legs, you could be related. Look pretty similar.
Welcome aboard Brad. Best wishes for the upcoming show.

Vinny G
06-01-10, 5:53 pm
Brad is a great guy, and I have been working with him for his contest this coming weekend.

Welcome to UN family Brad.

FITGYM
06-01-10, 6:22 pm
Welcome to the family Brad....

Firedrake
06-01-10, 6:25 pm
I wondered who that was when I got the update notice about your photobucket account <grin>.

Welcome, Brad!

Tron
06-01-10, 7:41 pm
Welcome to the fam, Brad. We look forward to many great things from you, bro.

Razor
06-01-10, 10:27 pm
Badass another family member. This shit is getting serious!!

Birdman
06-01-10, 10:57 pm
Kick ass! Welcome Brad, lookin forward to following your career.

AntoineV
06-02-10, 12:41 am
Welcome man!

N. Motta
06-02-10, 1:27 am
Welcome to the family. Seems like a lot of sick, up and coming athletes are coming out of the East Coast.

Looking forward to talking to him and seeing some more pics. Good luck at the comp.

Aggression
06-02-10, 8:49 am
Welcome aboard, B. Now let's do some work!

widdlewade44
06-02-10, 9:11 am
Welcome aboard the FORVM and into the Universal stable. Good luck this Saturday Brad!

Kevin
widdlewade44

S. Clarida
06-02-10, 10:52 am
GOOD STUFF! Welcome to the team Brad!

Good luck this wknd as well. I'll be there, so I'll look for ya!

GK

Beowulf
06-02-10, 10:52 am
Interesting.

dannynb
06-02-10, 11:39 am
Welcome.....good luck this weekend, but with Vinny in your corner I doubt you'll need it.

mritter3
06-02-10, 1:10 pm
welcome aboard Brad...best of luck to ya this weekend.

G Diesel
06-02-10, 1:18 pm
Welcome to family Brad... Much respect.

Look forward to training with you in the future bro.

Peace, G

Optimus Prime
06-02-10, 1:29 pm
awsome phyic.i hope to look like this whn im in my 20's to.

B. Rowe
06-07-10, 12:05 pm
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for all the support and welcoming. I am excited to be a part of the Universal team. This has given me a greater motivation to be the best athlete i can. I placed 3rd out of 18 saturday in the heavies at the Atlantic States. Big show, lots of great competitors. I am back at it this saturday at the Garden State looking for a top 2 so i can head out to Jr Nationals the following week. Going for the suicide mission of 3 shows in 3 weeks. Ill keep you all posted. Thanks again. Brad

Razor
06-07-10, 12:06 pm
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for all the support and welcoming. I am excited to be a part of the Universal team. This has given me a greater motivation to be the best athlete i can. I placed 3rd out of 18 saturday in the heavies at the Atlantic States. Big show, lots of great competitors. I am back at it this saturday at the Garden State looking for a top 2 so i can head out to Jr Nationals the following week. Going for the suicide mission of 3 shows in 3 weeks. Ill keep you all posted. Thanks again. Brad

Good stuff Brad! Can't wait to hear how you do and read up on your progress!

naturalguy
06-07-10, 1:22 pm

Congrats Brad. That is a great accomplishment in such a large show.

Mr. Dead
06-07-10, 1:28 pm
Congrats Brad. That is a great accomplishment in such a large show.

x2!!! Good luck at the Garden State!!!

RogueLion
06-07-10, 3:19 pm
Welcome to New Jersey. Good luck, and welcome to the Animal/Universal Family!

AntoineV
06-08-10, 12:06 am

Great man. Kill it at the Garden!!

The Misfit
06-08-10, 6:53 am
Check out the contest pics...awesome physique brad.

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=23093&eventcode=1389

C.Coronato
06-08-10, 9:26 am

Ill see you at the Garden States my man. Ill be a MW competitor.

Universal Rep
06-09-10, 10:45 am

Welcome aboard, browe. Nice avy.

Shark52
06-10-10, 6:04 pm
looks solid, cant wait to see more of him!!

B. Rowe
06-14-10, 12:51 am
jus lettin you all know i took 2nd at the Garden State. It was a great show, biggest show in NJ in over a decade. Qualified for Jr Nats so i take off thur, looking forward to just being involved in such a big show. Also want to congratulate treetrunklegs for winning the MW class at the Garden State, got to spend some time with him back stage, Universal is loaded with some great guys!!!

Mr. Dead
06-14-10, 10:36 am
jus lettin you all know i took 2nd at the Garden State. It was a great show, biggest show in NJ in over a decade. Qualified for Jr Nats so i take off thur, looking forward to just being involved in such a big show. Also want to congratulate treetrunklegs for winning the MW class at the Garden State, got to spend some time with him back stage, Universal is loaded with some great guys!!!

HUUUGE congrats!!!

N. Motta
06-14-10, 10:45 am
Hell yea man, congrats.

B. Rowe
06-20-10, 9:33 pm
Just wanted to update you all. Took 8th out of about 20 competitors in the Heavyweights at Jr Nationals. Very happy with the outcome and did not expect to place even close to that. I know what i need to bring to the table for the next show, now its just time to decide which show that is going to be. Thanks again to Vinny for helping me get to where i am and the support from everyone so far. Its great knowing that people are there no matter the outcome.

N. Motta
06-20-10, 11:46 pm
Right on man. Congrats.

Hit us up with a link to some pics if you can.

naturalguy
06-21-10, 9:03 am
Just wanted to update you all. Took 8th out of about 20 competitors in the Heavyweights at Jr Nationals. Very happy with the outcome and did not expect to place even close to that. I know what i need to bring to the table for the next show, now its just time to decide which show that is going to be. Thanks again to Vinny for helping me get to where i am and the support from everyone so far. Its great knowing that people are there no matter the outcome.

That is a big accomplishment in your first national level show, congrats

Aggression
06-21-10, 9:05 am
niCe job, B. Congrats on 8th place dude.

Mr. Dead
06-23-10, 11:58 pm
That is a big accomplishment in your first national level show, congrats

Agreed... HUUUGE congrats!!!

C.Coronato
06-24-10, 10:19 am
Thats awesome bro. For taking a few years off, then coming back to a National stage and cracking top 10 is no joke. Happy for you my man.

Firedrake
06-24-10, 5:16 pm
Great placing! That's a helluva spot for your first trip there!

B. Rowe
06-24-10, 10:17 pm
Thanks guys, i am happy. Im a bit of a perfectionist, i guess so isnt everyone in the sport. So i know what i need to work on to make me an elite competitor and i am now going to take this off season to bring up those week points so i can be at the top of the field next year.