PDA

View Full Version : Wrist Pain.

DudeMan
06-03-10, 3:29 am
yo!

I just started working out about 7 weeks ago. I started with rippetoes routine. But instead of adding 2.5% every workout. I added 5 lb's every week. Seemed more reasonable.

Anyways, about 4 weeks in I started getting wrist pain in my left hand. It's on the outter left side - like around where that bump/nob is.

After a night of benchpress it started to REALLY hurt and so I new it must be from working out. It was really sore - almost to the point where I couldn't put ANY stress on my left hand. So I took it easy for that week (lighter weight, used a magic bag to heat my wrist every break at work). It got better but not completely gone. I've still been working out thru the minor pain but maybe I should just stop working out completely?

How can I fix this problem? Should I just take 2 week's rest? Kinda sucks cuz I just started and have been staying consistent. I'll lose what little I gained.

Anyone have any info on how I can make a speedy recovery or what I may have done? I don't know really what to do. It's been like 3 weeks now (1 week on lots of pain, 2 weeks of minor pain. Only hurts when I put a lot of stress on my wrist or twist it fast.

My wrists are small too.

Here's a pic of where it hurts (not my arm).

http://i45.tinypic.com/255ki1v.jpg

PORTERHOUSE
06-03-10, 9:04 am
Its probably tendonitis, but you wont know that until you see a doctor. If its not getting any better, then you definitely need to make the appointment.

I have minor tendonitis in both wrists right now from tennis. If Im not in the gym I have a brace on each hand, resting the tendons. I tape my wrists before I lift and work around the injuries, but anything that causes pain I wont do. Pain is a sign to stop, if it hurts and you keep pushing, your only going to make it worse.

Mindaugas
06-03-10, 9:56 am
Buy wrist wraps it should help a lot, it helped me just don't use it on all exercises, i used it only on barbell bench presses, bb curls and bb over head presses and only on sets where you begin to feel pain and ofcourse if it hurts when you do everything keep the straps on. Also ice it 20 mins, 2-3 times a day.

If the pain keeps getting worse then yea you should stop working out for a week or so...