PDA

View Full Version : Rising Up

UggoyTao
06-03-10, 9:54 pm
This will be my first post. I'm a huge fan of Animal and a constant admirer of your guys lifting ethics and dedication. A little about me first.

I started lifting around sixteen. I was going solid for about eight months. I went from 130 to to 170. I was feeling good and I was on top of the world. I was even taking muy thai on the weekends, things couldn't get better.

Unfortunately, it came crashing down. I was driving on my way to work when my car froze up and then swerved into the incoming lane. I smashed into a tiny honda accord head on. My engine kissed the steering wheel. My car spun off to the side while their car landed in a ditch. They didn't make it.

I ruined my leg. As the doctor put it "I put my ankle through a blender" and sent fractures all the way up my tibia. I got the news of the other drivers' death while just coming out of surgery. I cried my eyes out, even though I wasn't responsible I still begged someone up there for some type of retribution. After that as if some unknown being was bringing down the karma hammer that I had cried for.

I spent a month straight from the hospital. Had a total of 8 surgeries on my right ankle, along with a metal infection from the rod they tried to insert and a violent allergic reaction from the antibiotics. I was constantly on diolotin and norco's.

I dropped from 170 to 118.

After grueling months of physical therapy and hobbling around on crutches, I'm back on my shaky two feet. My ankle still isn't as flexible but after 3 months of pushups and pullups and light workouts at my 24 hour fitness, I'm making a stand. I'm going to be stronger. I'm going to be bigger. The gym is all I have right now. I intend stay.

Right now, I'm focusing on gaining strength back.

UggoyTao
06-03-10, 10:00 pm
I gained back my eating and appetite and went from the concentration camp form to the regular skinny body of 130. After a few months of bitching about, and jumping from one routine to the next without any real dedication I went from 130 to 160.

I'm starting off with a modified stronglifts 5x5. It seemed like the best way to start.

I'm on my second week of it. So far my Stats are these. I'm going to try to add 5 lbs every week.

On Workout A
Squat 5x5--185 lbs
Bench Press 5x5--155 lbs
Inverted Rows 5x5--155 lbs
Dips (Weighted) 3xF--25 lbs/8
Reverse Crunch

On Workout B
Squat 5x5--185
Deadlift 5x2--265
Standing Overhead Press 5x5--80lbs
Weighted Chins/Pull Ups 3xF--20 lbs/8 Chin ups, 12 Pullups
Prone Bridges

C.Coronato
06-04-10, 9:35 am
Rough story my man, but good to see your getting back on your feet. Your in a good place for sure.