PDA

View Full Version : Get Inside "The House"

Pages : [1] 2 3

The House
06-04-10, 8:03 am
Hey guys most of you know me as The House or the guy with the really, really big calves. I already have a Q&A section here where I answer your questions about bodybuilding ("Housecalls" (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9698)) and my own many training journal ("Blueprints" (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=171)).

This thread i want to open up and show you who the man behind The House really is. Let's talk about the real things that matter like family, work, and good old everyday stuff that goes on in our lives. This is a open floor for anything you got on your mind no matter what it is about.

Many of you know i am a family man i married my high school sweetheart (The Landlord here) and we have two kids together, Xavier and London. I have learned many things in life. i have a job, a family and balance my bodybuilding. The jobs i have had gave me much respect for where i am now in life and i am proof with hard work you can get to where you want to be in life.

I can remember working one of my first jobs where i was scrubbing toilets in high school and i told myself that things would get better in life. i believed in myself. i just had to pay my dues and with work and determination anything can happen. So let open this thread up with life questions and share our stories of everyday living. I will be posting just good old everyday stuff on whats going on in my life, from changing diapers to coaching Xavier's baseball team......

mritter3
06-04-10, 8:08 am
what a great thread erik...very cool. Its gotta be difficult to balance life as a bodybuilder and family responsibilities...how do you prioritize things to get done what needs to be done in a 24 hour span? What does a typical day for the HOUSE look like?

thanks again.

Matt

soonerbigd
06-04-10, 8:30 am
I dig it, Erik. I saw your 'Day in the life of the House' videos last week and was inspired. Like a lot of guys on here, I'm doing a show this summer. Tomorrow actually. I'd been getting down and letting the diet get to me, but seeing you eat less than I was and still keep your head up was nice. I was a fan of the House's physique before. After seeing it, I was a fan of Erik Fankhouser, the man.

Bard of Rage
06-04-10, 8:40 am
Ok here's a brief one unless I can think of anything more thought provoking. Last I heard you're an exercise physiologist does that mean that mean that you help rehabilitate people? That would seem to be either a motivational sinkhole or possible source of motivation for the sport depending on how you look at it.

Aggression
06-04-10, 8:42 am
Very cool thread, Erik. I look forward to seeing what goes down in here.

Pandora
06-04-10, 8:48 am
Very cool thread. Looking forward.

My nephew's name is also Xavier. How did you and the Landlord come to the names London and Xavier? Do they have any special meaning to you two?

G Diesel
06-04-10, 9:02 am

My nephew's name is also Xavier. How did you and the Landlord come to the names London and Xavier? Do they have any special meaning to you two?

My middle name as well.

Good to get a glimpse behind the physique and the beyond the public image of a "typical" bodybuilding rising star... To get to know the real man.

I've had the honor of knowing The House for several years now, hanging with him and finding out who he is as a person. I'm lucky to call him a friend and feel that I, like everyone here, will be better for participating in this kind of thread.

Peace, G

naturalguy
06-04-10, 9:14 am
House you are a great role model, it's amazing how many people I hear everyday make excuses why they can't get to the gym. They always say they have a job, they have a wife, they have kids and yet you have all those things in your life and you put the time in and are now competing at the highest level in our sport.

How do you make it work? I am sure the Landlord and the kids want their time with you and I know you work a ton of hours as well. Please share any tips for the "regular guy" who is struggle in the same situation but doesn't see how he can make training and dieting fit in his life.

B Con
06-04-10, 9:27 am
Love the idea of this thread and consider me subbed Erik. Can't wait to hear more. You sir are a great role model and inspiration to all.

Firedrake
06-04-10, 9:50 am
Erik,

Thanks for the redirect from facebook -- I might not have known about this otherwise, since I spend what time I have on the Forum mostly in the Journeys.

I look forward to seeing what goes on underneath the muscles with you. I know balancing my own life as a divorced man, doing a regular 8-hour-a-day job behind a desk, and getting in my training and 2 hours a day cardio right now as I prepare for my show in 7 weeks is an interesting balancing act.

The clean laundry's still sitting sorted on the dining room table, my supplement containers all sit on the counter in the kitchen, and the freezer is full of chicken, steak and fish. Putting it all together seems to take more hours in a day than I have.

You have a wife and family at home -- how did YOU manage?

C.Coronato
06-04-10, 10:29 am
I know you have said it before, but what is your exact degree in? Would you suggest someone follow in your steps? Would you do it again? Or pick something else?

Mr. Dead
06-04-10, 10:33 am
Glad I found this!!! This should be very insightful...

Beowulf
06-04-10, 12:05 pm
I can remember working one of my first jobs where i was scrubbing toilets in high school and i told myself that things would get better in life. i believed in myself. i just had to pay my dues and with work and determination anything can happen. So let open this thread up with life questions and share our stories of everyday living. I will be posting just good old everyday stuff on whats going on in my life, from changing diapers to coaching Xavier's baseball team......

That's tough. I've had some crappy jobs in my life, but I never cleaned toilets. Great and right attitude though, I agree. We all have to pay our dues. How do you find enough time in the day to do it all?

On another topic, do you ever fish?

Hoomgar
06-04-10, 12:47 pm
Count me in brother. You are an inspiration!

Hg

Ragin Asian
06-04-10, 12:52 pm
Very cool idea and thread! I look forward to seeing more behind the doors of "The House". :o)

Rage
06-04-10, 1:34 pm
Hey bro. You always manage a full plate and I have a lot of respect for you and your ability to pull it all off. And you even find time to check on me here and there. Appreciate everything brother.

J-Dawg
06-04-10, 1:52 pm
Awesome thread House. I really look up to how you can balance all of the main priorities in your life. Looking back, who has had the biggest impact in helping to shape the man you are today? Any individuals really stand out?

dannynb
06-04-10, 2:07 pm
Nice thread Erik....I've had the pleasure of picking your brain and we share a lot of similar ideals. As Naturalguy stated already, how do you manage a family, a job, and bodybuilding. I know I barely manage and in the end it's me sacrificing sleep or other personal time to make sure I get my workouts and meals in and still make time to be there with my family. I honestly do look up to you and give you the upmost respect. You have and still are proof that us family guys still have a shot at achieving our goals and that life doesn't end just because you have a career and family.

andrewT
06-04-10, 4:27 pm
I am gonna sit back and soak up the advice!

littlebitofpower
06-04-10, 5:50 pm
Is the swing set finished yet? lol!

Hartshorne
06-04-10, 8:03 pm
I liked watching your videos on youtube. You made time for your kids and wife, worked, and worked out. In a world of excuses you have none, that takes a big heart. I thought this guy is playing NCAA while doing cardio I thought that was hilarious and awesome at the same time cuz ya gotta do what ya gotta do...."cardio sucks" lol

Olympia qualification? Damn, I must be living under a rock.

That's awesome truly amazing. Can't wait to see ya on stage.

I'm a laborer consider this a brick I'm handing to the Bricklayer....

keep building The House

The Landlord
06-04-10, 11:14 pm
Hey everyone! I am really glad that Erik is starting this thread. I am going to be contributing to it as much as time allows me or shall I say the children lol. I am hoping everyone catches on to Erik's bright future not only in bodybuilding but with our family! Since this thread is about the man himself I am going to refer to him as Erik instead of The House lol. I have to say the past 11 years of my life that I have spent with Erik not only as my husband and father of my children but he is my best friend and I count on him so much. I appreciate all the hard work that he puts in every single day just to make the life of our family better.
We have been through alot together and our foundation is so strong nothing can ever bring us down!
Here is my first entry:
Well tomorrow is my 29th bday wahoo....boy has this last year been bittersweet. With the birth of London and Erik's top five at the NY Pro and Xavier going thru preschool and baseball being the happiest memories but the hardest by far was all my health issues. I know God has a plan for everyone and I really hope this plan he has for me has a cure sometime in my near future. I worry every nite that I am not going to be here for my children. Its scary and I try to be optimistic but after all the crap I have gone thru its tough. My kids and Erik give me so much strength I just have to learn to be constructive with it. I am pledging that this next year of my life is going to be devoted to my health...I really hope that I can achieve this!
I got my insulin pump in the mail today and I am so nervous I know it is supposed to make my life easier but wouldnt this going away be much better We are going to the beach for a family vacation in a week or so and after we get back I will be learning how to use the pump.
Here goes nothing......Please say a prayer for me!
Also on a high note London is starting to crawl it is amazing how fast they grow...and Xavier I am so proud of him he is doing awesome in baseball and his gymnastics recital is coming up I cant wait to see him on stage!

The Landlord
06-04-10, 11:17 pm
My middle name as well.

Good to get a glimpse behind the physique and the beyond the public image of a "typical" bodybuilding rising star... To get to know the real man.

I've had the honor of knowing The House for several years now, hanging with him and finding out who he is as a person. I'm lucky to call him a friend and feel that I, like everyone here, will be better for participating in this kind of thread.

Peace, G

House you are a great role model, it's amazing how many people I hear everyday make excuses why they can't get to the gym. They always say they have a job, they have a wife, they have kids and yet you have all those things in your life and you put the time in and are now competing at the highest level in our sport.

How do you make it work? I am sure the Landlord and the kids want their time with you and I know you work a ton of hours as well. Please share any tips for the "regular guy" who is struggle in the same situation but doesn't see how he can make training and dieting fit in his life.

Hey bro. You always manage a full plate and I have a lot of respect for you and your ability to pull it all off. And you even find time to check on me here and there. Appreciate everything brother.

Awesome thread House. I really look up to how you can balance all of the main priorities in your life. Looking back, who has had the biggest impact in helping to shape the man you are today? Any individuals really stand out?
I personally want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being our family! Universal has been so great to us! It makes me proud as Erik's wife to know we have a standup company supporting my husband! There is no better company out there that could represent what Erik's about more so than Universal!

The Landlord
06-04-10, 11:17 pm
Is the swing set finished yet? lol!

Hahah...almost! Its been super hot and rainy when its not hot so as soon as there is a clear day I am sure the job with be finished!

machineman
06-05-10, 8:54 am
Great thread! Can't wait to hear about your everyday life and see how you balance it all. I find it hard to balance my life (wife and 3 kids, job, lifting) and accomplish the things I want to. I have been saying for awhile that I want to do a full meet this year. Things come up and I have to deal with them as they come. How do you deal with the unforseen things that come up in family life? My wife was in and out of the hospital for almost 2 months. At the same time, I am gutting the kitchen and remodeling it. I haven't been in the gym in 2 months. I figured something had to give, so I let that go for now. I would really like to hear how you deal with stuff like this.

JUGGERNAUT
06-05-10, 9:49 am
Not sure where to start. Eric, where do you see yourself in 5 years? I see so much good coming your way (and has already) that it's amazing to see unfold. Such a genuine person and wonderful family, you all deserve the best life offers.

naturalguy
06-05-10, 10:58 am
Hey everyone! I am really glad that Erik is starting this thread. I am going to be contributing to it as much as time allows me or shall I say the children lol. I am hoping everyone catches on to Erik's bright future not only in bodybuilding but with our family! Since this thread is about the man himself I am going to refer to him as Erik instead of The House lol. I have to say the past 11 years of my life that I have spent with Erik not only as my husband and father of my children but he is my best friend and I count on him so much. I appreciate all the hard work that he puts in every single day just to make the life of our family better.
We have been through alot together and our foundation is so strong nothing can ever bring us down!
Here is my first entry:
Well tomorrow is my 29th bday wahoo....boy has this last year been bittersweet. With the birth of London and Erik's top five at the NY Pro and Xavier going thru preschool and baseball being the happiest memories but the hardest by far was all my health issues. I know God has a plan for everyone and I really hope this plan he has for me has a cure sometime in my near future. I worry every nite that I am not going to be here for my children. Its scary and I try to be optimistic but after all the crap I have gone thru its tough. My kids and Erik give me so much strength I just have to learn to be constructive with it. I am pledging that this next year of my life is going to be devoted to my health...I really hope that I can achieve this!
I got my insulin pump in the mail today and I am so nervous I know it is supposed to make my life easier but wouldnt this going away be much better We are going to the beach for a family vacation in a week or so and after we get back I will be learning how to use the pump.
Here goes nothing......Please say a prayer for me!
Also on a high note London is starting to crawl it is amazing how fast they grow...and Xavier I am so proud of him he is doing awesome in baseball and his gymnastics recital is coming up I cant wait to see him on stage!

Happy birthday and best of luck with the pump, stay strong

The Landlord
06-05-10, 11:56 am
Happy birthday and best of luck with the pump, stay strong

Thanks Eric! I am hoping this really helps me out and helps me have a healthier future.

Cellardweller
06-05-10, 6:13 pm
Another big fan of the "Day in the life of" videos. I have to agree, you're a role model House. London's crawling, sounds like a song or a new form of cardio for you guys. LOL.

D-Bomb
06-05-10, 6:21 pm
Definitely in for the daily grind, various nuances, laughs, information and more from this Thread!! Seeing how strong you are in so many aspects of your life gives me the knowledge i can have the strength in my own life to handle even more than i currently have on my plate..

aficarra
06-05-10, 8:16 pm
I love the idea of this thread!

I have to say that not only Erik, but all of you guys are great inspiration to me as well as many others.

The House
06-05-10, 10:22 pm
Today was busy but a great day of events let me tell ya how it went. I was off work today so i tried to sleep in till 8am which is awesome when i get up at 330am when i work lol.. so woke up ate my awesome breakfast of eggs and oats headed to the gym trained arms did cardio. and then the true day started... i had to meet my friend at sam's club because when you have a truck everyone calls you to pick things up and the nice guy i am i always do it. he was have his kids bday party and need me to pick up some tables. so i went straight for the gym to the store to help him. then had to pick xavier up at a friends house he spent the night at. me and xavier then dropped the tables off at my friends house. we went home got ready for the bday party that we got the tables for. stayed at the party i watched everyone eat cake and good food while i ate my fish and everyone asked me questions about why i was eating that. lol ... after that party we had heather aka the landlord a bday party at her grams. it was fun even if i had to watch more people eat cake... i had fun playing with xavier and hunter in the back yard. it was raining but we played baseball and some other cool guy stuff like look for worms and smash apples from a tree lol... that was fun. then we made it home around 9pm and i just got done cooking all my meals for tomorrow because i will be in ny all day tomorrow training with branch at a md seminar.... i will let you know how that goes. well i am off to shower xavier, london just went to bed and heather finally got to sit down because london is a hand full now that she is mobile lol... ok guys night and talk to you tomorrow.. i will try and get some awesome pics of tomorrow to post...

Reacher34
06-05-10, 10:29 pm
Today was busy but a great day of events let me tell ya how it went. I was off work today so i tried to sleep in till 8am which is awesome when i get up at 330am when i work lol.. so woke up ate my awesome breakfast of eggs and oats headed to the gym trained arms did cardio. and then the true day started... i had to meet my friend at sam's club because when you have a truck everyone calls you to pick things up and the nice guy i am i always do it. he was have his kids bday party and need me to pick up some tables. so i went straight for the gym to the store to help him. then had to pick xavier up at a friends house he spent the night at. me and xavier then dropped the tables off at my friends house. we went home got ready for the bday party that we got the tables for. stayed at the party i watched everyone eat cake and good food while i ate my fish and everyone asked me questions about why i was eating that. lol ... after that party we had heather aka the landlord a bday party at her grams. it was fun even if i had to watch more people eat cake... i had fun playing with xavier and hunter in the back yard. it was raining but we played baseball and some other cool guy stuff like look for worms and smash apples from a tree lol... that was fun. then we made it home around 9pm and i just got done cooking all my meals for tomorrow because i will be in ny all day tomorrow training with branch at a md seminar.... i will let you know how that goes. well i am off to shower xavier, london just went to bed and heather finally got to sit down because london is a hand full now that she is mobile lol... ok guys night and talk to you tomorrow.. i will try and get some awesome pics of tomorrow to post...

It refreshing to hear about a normal day in the life of a top level pro. Especially from the family-man/bodybuilder that many of us aspire to be like. Thanks for sharing.

Firedrake
06-06-10, 12:33 am
Sounds like a great day, Erik -- even having to watch people eat cake, because YOU know what your diet is doing for you. I've enjoyed reading your and Heather's comments on facebook, and this is even more special.

Thanks again.

soulspline
06-06-10, 2:53 am
great idea! as i also wanted to know how you guys manage your lives, as im an artist and a guy moving irons :)

The House
06-06-10, 7:27 pm
what a great thread erik...very cool. Its gotta be difficult to balance life as a bodybuilder and family responsibilities...how do you prioritize things to get done what needs to be done in a 24 hour span? What does a typical day for the HOUSE look like?

thanks again.

Matt

It's easy do what needs to be done first and try and not be selfish.. U can always sleep less to get things done. Find out in life if things are wants or needs if it is something that needs to be done then do it before things the u want to be done...

The House
06-06-10, 7:31 pm
I dig it, Erik. I saw your 'Day in the life of the House' videos last week and was inspired. Like a lot of guys on here, I'm doing a show this summer. Tomorrow actually. I'd been getting down and letting the diet get to me, but seeing you eat less than I was and still keep your head up was nice. I was a fan of the House's physique before. After seeing it, I was a fan of Erik Fankhouser, the man.

Awesome that was a good video... I wear many hats and that's what it takes to do something u dream of doing

The House
06-06-10, 7:35 pm
Ok here's a brief one unless I can think of anything more thought provoking. Last I heard you're an exercise physiologist does that mean that mean that you help rehabilitate people? That would seem to be either a motivational sinkhole or possible source of motivation for the sport depending on how you look at it.

It's just a job I never bing my work home and I don't let my work get to me. I enjoy what I do.. I do what I need to do at work and then move on..

The House
06-06-10, 7:36 pm
Very cool thread, Erik. I look forward to seeing what goes down in here.
hope it is useful

The House
06-06-10, 7:39 pm

The names are special we looked long and hard before we decided on them

The House
06-06-10, 7:44 pm
My middle name as well.

Peace, G

Thanks g we do go way back.. Remember the L.A trip that was fun... U remember the song we heard like 500 times.. I remember lol.. Then we had the fluff me u and wrath at the shoot in nj .. O the good times

The House
06-06-10, 7:52 pm

All things that need to be done come first then the WAnts in life come second.. Diet is easy u are going to eats so it's only a matter of what u eat.. That comes down to being lazy or stepin up and overcoming the will to eat shity.. Training is a want not a need so I make time after all is done.. I train becase I want to and I make training my time my stress free time.. My fam comes first but they are very supportive in my wants in life so that's what makes it easier...

The House
06-06-10, 7:55 pm
Love the idea of this thread and consider me subbed Erik. Can't wait to hear more. You sir are a great role model and inspiration to all.

I just do what is right and have good values in life... doing what u would want othes to do to u is ho I feel

The House
06-06-10, 8:02 pm
Erik,

Thanks for the redirect from facebook -- I might not have known about this otherwise, since I spend what time I have on the Forum mostly in the Journeys.

I look forward to seeing what goes on underneath the muscles with you. I know balancing my own life as a divorced man, doing a regular 8-hour-a-day job behind a desk, and getting in my training and 2 hours a day cardio right now as I prepare for my show in 7 weeks is an interesting balancing act.

The clean laundry's still sitting sorted on the dining room table, my supplement containers all sit on the counter in the kitchen, and the freezer is full of chicken, steak and fish. Putting it all together seems to take more hours in a day than I have.

You have a wife and family at home -- how did YOU manage?
I feel u man I think me and my wife are perfect because we don't stress over the dirty dishes laundry or even the trash. We get it done and we help eachother out. Sometimes she does the dishes sometimes I do... We are just very understanding with eachother what can I say love is strong lol

The House
06-06-10, 8:06 pm
I know you have said it before, but what is your exact degree in? Would you suggest someone follow in your steps? Would you do it again? Or pick something else?

I would not change a thing.. For me that is but my job is not for everyone.. Exercise phy

The House
06-06-10, 8:07 pm
Glad I found this!!! This should be very insightful...

Thanks enjoy

The House
06-06-10, 8:10 pm
That's tough. I've had some crappy jobs in my life, but I never cleaned toilets. Great and right attitude though, I agree. We all have to pay our dues. How do you find enough time in the day to do it all?

On another topic, do you ever fish?

I take Xavier all the time fishing he loves it and I enjoy the time watching him have fun

The House
06-06-10, 8:12 pm
Count me in brother. You are an inspiration!

Hg

Thanks

The House
06-06-10, 8:14 pm
Very cool idea and thread! I look forward to seeing more behind the doors of "The House". :o)

They say when u open a door it leads to more doors .. This house has many things to share

The House
06-06-10, 8:16 pm

Somebody need to keep an eye on ya lol.. Jk keep up the work bro

The House
06-06-10, 8:20 pm

I just came from a family with good values .. No one person many people from family to coaches in all the sports I played.. I have always respected people and tried to learn something from everyone.. Good or bad but lived and learned

The House
06-07-10, 8:57 pm
damn long weekend. ran me down. on sunday i had a md seminar in ny woke up at 5am drove to airport got on the flight. we landed in ny made a few stops to pick up some of the athletes that were doing the seminars at the gym. it was a awesome day i got to train legs with branch and meet tons of awesome people at the gym. i always like doing things like that. but the hard part was after the event i was back at the airport flight got delayed and i did not get back home till around 1am then had to be up at 4am to be at work by 5am toady.. worked till two then trained back with little energy i had and did cardio. the workout went well once i got started. got home around 5pm today could not find a parking space to park my car in that always makes me mad lol after a long day. once i found a place to park and walked to my house a car was pulling out in front of my house lol my luck... o well. got home spent some time with the fam then they went to the landlords dads house for a second and here i am. getting ready yo hit the showers and call it a night just took my animal pm and i hope i sleep great tonight because 4am comes early and i got cardio in the am ... wish me luck....

Firedrake
06-07-10, 9:00 pm
Good luck! Sounds like a great, if tiring weekend.

D-Bomb
06-07-10, 9:27 pm
WoW!! talk about needing to have a good rest House!! How was it training with Branch? especially Legs!

workhard2121
06-07-10, 10:05 pm
WOW! House you really are an inspiration to many, including myself. Going to work, hitting the gym, and taking care of the family on 3 hrs is not a fun task at all when sleep deprived, but you make the best of it and make it fun.

If more people could take the same outlook on life and make the best of it like you, the world would run so much smoother.

Much respect to you House!

The House
06-09-10, 7:27 am
Today sucked I was sick skipped my training because it would have only made me worse.. Xavier had his pre k graduation today it was great getting to see him walk on stage .. He is getting so big. I can remember when he was not even walking wow...

Universal Rep
06-09-10, 10:33 am
Today sucked I was sick skipped my training because it would have only made me worse.. Xavier had his pre k graduation today it was great getting to see him walk on stage .. He is getting so big. I can remember when he was not even walking wow...

Sweet log brother. Subbed.

X stepped up "on stage"? Prophetic...

dannynb
06-09-10, 12:31 pm
YOu def are a busy man Erik. X is getting big and just wait. IN the past two months my daughter has started wearing bra's and shaving her legs.....somedays I wished I wasn't a single daddy. LOL Keep at it brother, keep making all of us with families and careers holding on that we can still have our dreams.

The House
06-11-10, 3:50 pm
YOu def are a busy man Erik. X is getting big and just wait. IN the past two months my daughter has started wearing bra's and shaving her legs.....somedays I wished I wasn't a single daddy. LOL Keep at it brother, keep making all of us with families and careers holding on that we can still have our dreams.

ha ha ha wow ok i dont have to worry about that for awhile... but i know it will happen someday but its all good... bro u are awesome you train hard and have a family to i respect you and enjoy having you as a friend... keep me posted on your surgery...

The House
06-11-10, 3:56 pm
ok ok toda was a busy day and i did not even work.. woke up helped heather get london ready for day care, got them off. then i woke xavier up got him ready for day care took him to day care then i had a interview with a local magazine that is doing a story on me. then i trained picked the kids up from day care. came home cooked food for me and x and feed london some baby food. heather just got home and now we are getting ready to head to xavier's gymnastics rehearsal. wow... it is a long show i cant wait till i start to eat my fish while the show is going on. people will be looking around it is funny. o well ya got to do what ya got to do right. after the show i got to come home and get some more cardio in before bed... then i work this weekend so that means up early to do cardio on saturday awesome...

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:07 pm
ok ok toda was a busy day and i did not even work.. woke up helped heather get london ready for day care, got them off. then i woke xavier up got him ready for day care took him to day care then i had a interview with a local magazine that is doing a story on me. then i trained picked the kids up from day care. came home cooked food for me and x and feed london some baby food. heather just got home and now we are getting ready to head to xavier's gymnastics rehearsal. wow... it is a long show i cant wait till i start to eat my fish while the show is going on. people will be looking around it is funny. o well ya got to do what ya got to do right. after the show i got to come home and get some more cardio in before bed... then i work this weekend so that means up early to do cardio on saturday awesome...

I am convinced, your day consists of 30 hours not 24. Damn.

dannynb
06-11-10, 6:36 pm

See...damn near a full day with the family....those are the days I love. I would love to see the expressions on everyone's faces when you whip the fish out and start eating. Keep going and stay on track...can't wait to see you in Vegas my friend. Still in shock that I personally know someone that will be on the Olympian stage.....

The House
06-13-10, 9:19 am
At work right now just on break no training on Sunday for me just cardio. Right after work I got to meet my wife at xaviers gym show. The show will last about three hours then straight to bed for me because I got to get up early to do my cardio and work again Monday.. I got to find some damn time to get my grass cut.. It is getting long always something to do I guess..

andrewT
06-13-10, 9:56 am
At work right now just on break no training on Sunday for me just cardio. Right after work I got to meet my wife at xaviers gym show. The show will last about three hours then straight to bed for me because I got to get up early to do my cardio and work again Monday.. I got to find some damn time to get my grass cut.. It is getting long always something to do I guess..

once Xavier is tall enough/strong enough I am sure he will be able to responsibly take on some chores to help you and the Mrs out a bit. Seems like you guys got good kids.

The House
06-13-10, 4:18 pm
once Xavier is tall enough/strong enough I am sure he will be able to responsibly take on some chores to help you and the Mrs out a bit. Seems like you guys got good kids.

That's funny this winter he was all about helping me with the snow on the walks.. He is a good kid.. He always helps out even with his little sister ..

The House
06-13-10, 5:56 pm
Just left work what a day.. At xaviers gymnastics show right now.. Then straight home to eat my last meal and rest up for Monday morning cardio session work training cutting grass and then xaviers last baseball game.. Wow ...

under7he13lood
06-13-10, 6:21 pm
Incredibly inspirational! I got a chance to sit and talk with Heather for a bit at the 2009 Arnold Expo in the cage, I don't see how you two get everything done! Best of luck to you Erik, hopefully I'll get a chance to see you and all the Animals at the Cage in 2011. I'll keep your family in my prayers!

The House
06-13-10, 6:30 pm
Incredibly inspirational! I got a chance to sit and talk with Heather for a bit at the 2009 Arnold Expo in the cage, I don't see how you two get everything done! Best of luck to you Erik, hopefully I'll get a chance to see you and all the Animals at the Cage in 2011. I'll keep your family in my prayers!

Can't wait to hit up the Arnold again.. Thanks.. We will chat again bro at the Arnold..

Phil800101
06-14-10, 4:05 am
Definitely subbed for this. I like what I see so far, really good stuff.

soulspline
06-14-10, 9:21 am

same here bro grass at home needs to be cut aswell as now im living alone in my house so alot of things to do...

JUGGERNAUT
06-14-10, 10:40 am
Best wishes Olympian!

soonerbigd
06-14-10, 11:01 am
Do you have any plans to make it out to the middle of the USA, House? The guest posers we usually get for shows around here are the guys from texas.

dannynb
06-14-10, 12:11 pm

Hmmmm...buy a goat. You'll never have to mow again. LOL

ShizIP
06-16-10, 10:43 pm
You are a great role model, I don't post much on the FORVM besides my journey, but I visit the site as much as I can and I am always reading articles posted. The articles written by Animals motivate me like crazy whenever i wanna lower the weight on my squat I see the image of squat til you puke. I just wanted to say thanks for being a great motivation and I will be visiting this thread as much as I can to follow your road to greatness. Good luck with everything.

Steve48
06-17-10, 4:09 am
Looking forward to following the Thread towards September - Good Luck

jandirigma
06-17-10, 10:15 am
Keep me posted on this thread, awesome stuff. Hey, best wishes on September! You've got a full life bro, and that's cool. Your finding a way to balance everything that's going on is admirable. Keep it up sir!

The Landlord
06-17-10, 11:14 pm
Do you have any plans to make it out to the middle of the USA, House? The guest posers we usually get for shows around here are the guys from texas.

Erik will be guest posing at a show October 16 in Madison, Wisconsin!!!

The Landlord
06-17-10, 11:15 pm
The past few weeks have been so hectic...but tomorrow starts our family vacation I know Erik and I are really looking forward to doing absolutely nothing....with the exception of the gym of course :) We will be driving down to NC for some fun in the sun at the beach!

Phil800101
06-18-10, 1:31 am
Erik will be guest posing at a show October 16 in Madison, Wisconsin!!!

Cool! Hmm...not too far from me...perhaps I can make it up there...Chicago ABC road trip? We shall see.

The past few weeks have been so hectic...but tomorrow starts our family vacation I know Erik and I are really looking forward to doing absolutely nothing....with the exception of the gym of course :) We will be driving down to NC for some fun in the sun at the beach!

Enjoy the trip!

Phil800101
06-18-10, 1:33 am
Great article House! Good stuff right there. Have a good time on vacation bro!

Universal Rep
06-18-10, 10:21 am

Yup... Great stuff from The House.

For anyone who didn't see it, "The Road" (http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=485)

Vacation? Where at?

The House
06-19-10, 7:38 am
Definitely subbed for this. I like what I see so far, really good stuff.

Thanks bro...

The House
06-19-10, 7:42 am
same here bro grass at home needs to be cut aswell as now im living alone in my house so alot of things to do...

Got mine cut and I think it needs done again lol.. It does suck if u are alone makes it harder , I am glAd I got my landlord lol

The House
06-19-10, 7:45 am
Best wishes Olympian!

Yeah buddy I can't wait... Thanks here we come Vegas

The House
06-19-10, 7:47 am

What state bro...

The House
06-19-10, 7:50 am
Hmmmm...buy a goat. You'll never have to mow again. LOL

Does anyone remember that funny comedy act about a goat..

The House
06-19-10, 7:55 am
You are a great role model, I don't post much on the FORVM besides my journey, but I visit the site as much as I can and I am always reading articles posted. The articles written by Animals motivate me like crazy whenever i wanna lower the weight on my squat I see the image of squat til you puke. I just wanted to say thanks for being a great motivation and I will be visiting this thread as much as I can to follow your road to greatness. Good luck with everything.

Thanks glad I can help motivate.. It goes both ways u guys motivate me to. Thanks

The House
06-19-10, 7:56 am
Looking forward to following the Thread towards September - Good Luck

Whats in september jk lol

The House
06-19-10, 7:59 am
Keep me posted on this thread, awesome stuff. Hey, best wishes on September! You've got a full life bro, and that's cool. Your finding a way to balance everything that's going on is admirable. Keep it up sir!

Balance is key in life. Without balance something is not going to make it..we all need balance.

The House
06-19-10, 8:02 am

We need it I can't wait to wake up and do my cardio on the beach.. Well driving down now can't wait to get there

The House
06-19-10, 8:05 am
Cool! Hmm...not too far from me...perhaps I can make it up there...Chicago ABC road trip? We shall see.

Enjoy the trip!

O yeah chicago animals are great. I meet some of u guy and u guys know your stuff thanks guys

Abelli
06-19-10, 8:07 am
Best of luck at the olympia bro, we all know your gonna kill it.

The House
06-19-10, 8:11 am

Thanks the road is something we all travel.. Mine has been good and it has lead me hear so I can't complain..

The House
06-19-10, 8:13 am
Yup... Great stuff from The House.

For anyone who didn't see it, "The Road" (http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=485)

Vacation? Where at?

We are headed to the beach for a week.. Relax spend sometime with the family and train hard I can't wait.. Here we come nc we are driving now lol

The House
06-19-10, 8:15 am
Best of luck at the olympia bro, we all know your gonna kill it.

Thanks it was always a dream to step up on that stage..

jandirigma
06-19-10, 10:01 am
Enjoy the beach, man! Never lose focus on that opportunity at the Olympia. I'll be rooting for ya!

Phil800101
06-19-10, 11:00 am

Adam Sandler? With the old man, the truck, and the hickory stick? Classic.

FITGYM
06-19-10, 11:59 am
We are headed to the beach for a week.. Relax spend sometime with the family and train hard I can't wait.. Here we come nc we are driving now lol

some well needed r n r before the BIG O. Sounds like you have it all covered.

FewL4no1
06-19-10, 3:46 pm
House,

A big congrats to you man and I can't wait for you to make some noise at The Olympia, and in true Animal fashion.

A quote I have heard recently is, "Embrace the grind." I can tell you live by this, and are a living, breathing example of what can be accomplished when a person breaks their back everyday on the so-called 'mediocrity' of life. You are a true inspiration House, and I wish you the best in these few months leading to the O.

dannynb
06-19-10, 4:01 pm

Who could forget...LOL "He's like, put up your dukes and I was like but I got no dukes."

Can't wait to see you on that stage.....to accomplish a dream of that magnitude...I tip my hat to you good sir. But as for doing the wave, we did it at Michelle's show, so why not kick it up a notch and dot it at the Olympia for my friend.

Firedrake
06-19-10, 11:47 pm
Enjoy the trip! I've got another buddy headed for Myrtle Beach this weekend . . . cardio on the beach sounds a LOT nicer than sitting in front of the TV on the recumbent bike.

soonerbigd
06-21-10, 12:58 pm
What state bro...

I'm in Oklahoma, but I'm not opposed to a little road trip.

soonerbigd
06-21-10, 1:04 pm
What state bro...

soonerbigd
06-24-10, 12:51 am
When are you going to get some new shirts made, big House? I saw the old one on your website, and I'd rock one of those for sure, but I think you should get with the Animal/Universal design people and get a special 'House Edition' Animal shirt made.

Also, you should come down for the Dallas Europa and Metroflex ABC!

The House
06-26-10, 10:53 am
Enjoy the beach, man! Never lose focus on that opportunity at the Olympia. I'll be rooting for ya!

Thanks beach was great.. I am pumped for the o

The House
06-26-10, 10:55 am
Adam Sandler? With the old man, the truck, and the hickory stick? Classic.

Bro u hit that one on the head.. Yes a true classic awesome

The House
06-26-10, 10:58 am
some well needed r n r before the BIG O. Sounds like you have it all covered.

Just like the animal poster that says we got ya covered from front to back... :)

The House
06-26-10, 11:05 am
House,

A big congrats to you man and I can't wait for you to make some noise at The Olympia, and in true Animal fashion.

A quote I have heard recently is, "Embrace the grind." I can tell you live by this, and are a living, breathing example of what can be accomplished when a person breaks their back everyday on the so-called 'mediocrity' of life. You are a true inspiration House, and I wish you the best in these few months leading to the O.

Thanks bro the mr o is what I been waiting for.. Embrace the grind yes

The House
06-26-10, 11:10 am
Who could forget...LOL "He's like, put up your dukes and I was like but I got no dukes."

Can't wait to see you on that stage.....to accomplish a dream of that magnitude...I tip my hat to you good sir. But as for doing the wave, we did it at Michelle's show, so why not kick it up a notch and dot it at the Olympia for my friend.

Ha ha ha I got no dukes lol... Thanks the wave is welcome in my book bro

The House
06-26-10, 11:12 am
Enjoy the trip! I've got another buddy headed for Myrtle Beach this weekend . . . cardio on the beach sounds a LOT nicer than sitting in front of the TV on the recumbent bike.

U got that right.. Bro much better

The House
06-26-10, 11:13 am

Nc but headed home to wv bro

The House
06-26-10, 11:16 am
When are you going to get some new shirts made, big House? I saw the old one on your website, and I'd rock one of those for sure, but I think you should get with the Animal/Universal design people and get a special 'House Edition' Animal shirt made.

Also, you should come down for the Dallas Europa and Metroflex ABC!

I always say let us be heard if u want a house animal one start a thread sayin it. And maybe it will happen..

The House
06-26-10, 11:23 am
Well the vacation went well.. We are driving home now.. The vacation was very relaxing. I got to train early everymorning them come home and spend quality time with the famly. We went to the beach and just chilled. One day me and my brother in law went fishing in the ocean and caught fish and I got to eat some awesome fresh fish on the grill. Back to work tomorrow and back to the real world o well it will be ok I like my real world lol.

dannynb
06-26-10, 11:32 am
Well the vacation went well.. We are driving home now.. The vacation was very relaxing. I got to train early everymorning them come home and spend quality time with the famly. We went to the beach and just chilled. One day me and my brother in law went fishing in the ocean and caught fish and I got to eat some awesome fresh fish on the grill. Back to work tomorrow and back to the real world o well it will be ok I like my real world lol.

Glad you got some down time which is needed now and than. But getting back to he grind does sound good after a nice vacation. Looking forward to taking the family on a mini vacation ourselves....keep at it brother, it's just around the corner.

Phil800101
06-26-10, 8:30 pm

Glad you had a good time bro! Definitely deserved it.

The House
06-27-10, 1:37 pm
Back at work today. At lunch right now just ate my 10oz of fish. Had a crazy morning at work had a lady fall off a bike and pass out because her o2 levels were to low she was 87% and anything under90% 02 is bad.. But she came to once we turned her oxygen level up on her tank.. That always gets the blood pumping when someone goes down at work it's a rush. No matter how carb depleted I am I still end up having tons if energy after things like that happen...

Tanji
07-02-10, 6:33 am
Im new to this forum business and thought there is no better one for me to join then the Animal FORVM. Ive been reading posts for a few weeks now and am enjoying the quality of information made avalible by reps and fellow members. Just wanted to say hello and keep it raw!

The House
07-03-10, 8:26 am
Im new to this forum business and thought there is no better one for me to join then the Animal FORVM. Ive been reading posts for a few weeks now and am enjoying the quality of information made avalible by reps and fellow members. Just wanted to say hello and keep it raw!

Glad to have u on board with us bro.. Hope u find some good info and motivation from all the animals.

The House
07-03-10, 8:32 am
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday weekend be safe and please someone eat some good food for me.. I miss eating all that good food on holidays.. I work all weekend but at leasti get holiday pay for the 4th so that will be good come payday. Tonight after work i am going to train then head and see some fireworks with the family. Then on the fourth we are cooking out at grams house and I got tons of fireworks to let off at her house I let Xavier pick them out he was excited.. Three weeks left for me till Hartford I can't wait

Pedro Matias
07-03-10, 8:38 am
respect from portugal bro

The House
07-04-10, 7:58 pm
Happy 4th everyone be safe and eat some hotdogs for me :)

Phil800101
07-04-10, 9:05 pm
Happy 4th everyone be safe and eat some hotdogs for me :)

No problem, I will eat your share and mine, lol. Happy 4th bro!

The Landlord
07-05-10, 4:30 pm
Erik is three weeks our from the Hartford Conneticut Europa, it is so hard your body to do several shows in a row....add the training and dieting and posing into a already hectic life of working a full time job and being a daddy and husband and you have a mix for a really tired and worn out man. But that man has so much heart and dedication he will not let the tired and weakness stop him. He keeps plugging on day in and day out. I am so proud of Erik and I know as well as he does that this will all pay off. In some aspects it already has....I mean a Olympia qualification is not something just given to you its earned and Erik has done just that!
I would just like to say some encouraging words for Erik because since I am with him behind closed doors I know how taxing this journey has been on his body and mind. There is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for everything he has put himself through to take care of our family.
I can not stress enough how much I luv him and how proud of him I am. So in these next few weeks help me cheer on the man I luv and the man you know as THE HOUSE!

Phil800101
07-05-10, 5:25 pm
Erik is three weeks our from the Hartford Conneticut Europa, it is so hard your body to do several shows in a row....add the training and dieting and posing into a already hectic life of working a full time job and being a daddy and husband and you have a mix for a really tired and worn out man. But that man has so much heart and dedication he will not let the tired and weakness stop him. He keeps plugging on day in and day out. I am so proud of Erik and I know as well as he does that this will all pay off. In some aspects it already has....I mean a Olympia qualification is not something just given to you its earned and Erik has done just that!
I would just like to say some encouraging words for Erik because since I am with him behind closed doors I know how taxing this journey has been on his body and mind. There is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for everything he has put himself through to take care of our family.
I can not stress enough how much I luv him and how proud of him I am. So in these next few weeks help me cheer on the man I luv and the man you know as THE HOUSE!

Erik is beyond lucky to have someone as supportive and understanding as yourself, blessed really.

He is a true inspiration, but it's also inspring to see your family, how close you all are, and how you all love and support one another in all aspects of life.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that. We're with ya House! Go show em' how it's done!

jandirigma
07-06-10, 12:06 am

It's great that you support Erik non-stop, 'cause some people find it hard to get along when a family member is into our sport. Erik's a great dude, I mean, not many people are willing to keep going on like that despite a hectic life. Yep, I'll be cheering House on!

Universal Rep
07-06-10, 11:14 am
If you're gonna be in the Cleveland area on September 5th, come train with The House at a regional ABC event: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=32177

Steve48
07-06-10, 1:09 pm
I'm planning on attending the Hartford Show.....Good Luck with the last three weeks of prep.

The Landlord
07-06-10, 10:50 pm
So today I have been taking notes on everything Erik would like to eat after his next show lol....he will only have a week or two to eat anything so I am gonna plan him a menu! So anyway Erik had mentioned since he is a no frills kind of guy he would like his Olympia after party to be at the nearest IHOP in Vegas lol.....so I will tie down a location and let you all know and if you would like to join us feel free! I am so excited to see Erik on the Olympia stage its so surreal!
Today was a decent day for him he didnt have to work so he took Xavier to his first swim lesson this morning. Xavier just loves daddy and he really enjoys his time with him.
Then Erik dropped me off to get my nails done and took the kids to the mall and got London some awesome clothes lol, and took X to the arcade of course and to the game store to get the new Toy Story game for playstation! Then we stopped at Applebees where Daddy enjoyed his 6 glasses of diet coke and water and then on to walmart our home away from home lol. Finally home to rest and while the kids and I watched cupcake wars daddy was upstairs posing and doing his nightly rituals and then off to bed for him and now its time for me and the kids to go to! Tomorrow is the day I work late and Erik is home with the kids! I do not know how he handles them this close to a show lol. But he does and he enjoys every minute of it!

The House
07-08-10, 7:51 pm
thanks heather for the kind words.... yep i am going to very busy the next few days trying to pull it all together with the show. i am glad my family travels with me to the shows. heather is a big help she makes me look pretty on stage lol she tans me shaves me and then yells for me while i am up there. xavier loves to see me up on stage and every time i win i give him my awards... it was cool he got a award for baseball and he told me i could have it because i always give him mine.... so now we just put them all in the same place.. he is a good kid...

The House
07-11-10, 9:08 am
It's tough when it get this close to a show.. All the time I spend not at work is spent training for the show. Sometimes I feel selfish but to be your best sometimes u got to give to get.. Once this show is over I am going to spend as much quality time with my family as I can.. We are already planning on hitting up a theme park with the kids before I start dieting for the Olympia

Flash419
07-11-10, 9:51 am
Good luck bro... definately tough juggling it all. But you seem to do it well.

Looking forward to seeing you up on stage at the O. We'll all be cheering for you.

boyer77
07-12-10, 8:32 am
thanks heather for the kind words.... yep i am going to very busy the next few days trying to pull it all together with the show. i am glad my family travels with me to the shows. heather is a big help she makes me look pretty on stage lol she tans me shaves me and then yells for me while i am up there. xavier loves to see me up on stage and every time i win i give him my awards... it was cool he got a award for baseball and he told me i could have it because i always give him mine.... so now we just put them all in the same place.. he is a good kid...

Good kids always make everything worth doing, along with a good wife. I admire your parenting skills and how you two seem to juggle everything so flawlessly. Good luck with the show...

Sgt Rock
07-16-10, 7:03 pm
House, God bless my friend, its been a long time since I have seen you. When in Vegas call me so we can hang out. You can come train at my gym anytime, all the pros train here.

Semper Fi

The House
07-17-10, 2:17 am
House, God bless my friend, its been a long time since I have seen you. When in Vegas call me so we can hang out. You can come train at my gym anytime, all the pros train here.

Semper Fi

thanks sgt rock.. it has been awhile its always fun to be around you. hope everything is going great.

The House
07-18-10, 10:22 pm
i had a good weekend with the family i worked but we all got to do some family things hell me and the wife even went to see a movie without the kids.. that dont happen much.. we saw grown ups it was pretty funny...

The House
07-19-10, 11:40 am
New md video
http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=92038

Hoomgar
07-19-10, 12:07 pm
i had a good weekend with the family i worked but we all got to do some family things hell me and the wife even went to see a movie without the kids.. that dont happen much.. we saw grown ups it was pretty funny...

The best part of life bro, time with family. Glad you and the Landlord got to get out and catch a flick.

New md video
http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=92038

Jammin! It's all you this year big bro, bring it home man.

Hg

Universal Rep
07-20-10, 4:17 pm
Exclusive vid of The House trainin' wheels... http://www.youtube.com/animalpak#p/a/u/0/4QlSWUqsfb0

Rage
07-23-10, 1:38 pm
Hey Erik. Couldn't be more proud of you brother. Your an inspiration inside and outside the gym and a great role model for us up and comers (even us old guys). I wish you the best of luck in your shows for this year and I will be there for your first Olympia. Thank you very much for your supprt throughout the years. See you in Cleveland. Tell the family I said hi.

The House
07-25-10, 8:02 am
Hey Erik. Couldn't be more proud of you brother. Your an inspiration inside and outside the gym and a great role model for us up and comers (even us old guys). I wish you the best of luck in your shows for this year and I will be there for your first Olympia. Thank you very much for your supprt throughout the years. See you in Cleveland. Tell the family I said hi.

thanks rage... i cant wait to see you in cleveland i will be yelling for ya bro... i cant wait... you will do great... and tell the family i said hi also...

lvrpl
07-30-10, 7:18 am
hey. how is it going guys. m starting courses to build my body and i need help and suggestions ...

1st course: m using (True mass protein) , BCAA PRO , Animal pak and Animal m-stak .. and my question is ( could i use animal m-stak and BCAA at the same course while animal m-stak do the same job of BCAA ?? ).

2nd course: after four weeks m gonna use (True mass - BCAA - Animalpak - Animal stak - Animal Pump)

so wht do you think. does these supplement good enough to help me achieving my goal? and if you have suggestions plz write it.

The House
08-01-10, 9:54 pm
hey. how is it going guys. m starting courses to build my body and i need help and suggestions ...

1st course: m using (True mass protein) , BCAA PRO , Animal pak and Animal m-stak .. and my question is ( could i use animal m-stak and BCAA at the same course while animal m-stak do the same job of BCAA ?? ).

2nd course: after four weeks m gonna use (True mass - BCAA - Animalpak - Animal stak - Animal Pump)

so wht do you think. does these supplement good enough to help me achieving my goal? and if you have suggestions plz write it.
i like real gains for mass and universal bcaa with pak and m stak is a great combo yes. stack and bcaa are different... and pump is great to add one of my favs

Machine
08-02-10, 12:45 am
Gald to see another night owl out there House...

Just think...in a few more hours we'll be in the weight room.

Go gettem House...

MACHINE

lvrpl
08-06-10, 8:22 am
Thnx alot The House .... so u think these courses is a gd combination ... if u have any recommendation would help me in taking these supplements or on the training i would like to hear it ...

The Landlord
08-11-10, 10:59 pm
One year today since the event that completely changed my life. I was life flighted to Pittsburgh hospital with gall stone induced pancreatitis while being 7 months pregnant I spent two and a half weeks there before they delivered London on the 25th! I have had a rough year and I'm ready to move on to a better year.I am now type 1 diabetic and live with a insulin pump attatched to me at all times. Thank God for my husband, my family and friends cause I couldn't have made it thru nor would I b able to deal with everything still to this day. I battle this every day. Be thankful for the good things in ur life, I sure am.

Firedrake
08-12-10, 12:29 am
. . . and we are all thankful you made it, Heather -- it would be an empty House, indeed, without you.

boyer77
08-12-10, 1:04 am
. . . and we are all thankful you made it, Heather -- it would be an empty House, indeed, without you.

x2 for sure!

Symbiote
08-13-10, 2:51 am
Great log, it's cool to have somewhat of an 'insider' view on things a lot of us aspire to be. You're the man House!

TechTuff
08-13-10, 5:10 pm
I gotta tell you man much respect!

I work and have 3 kids and I really do try and make it to the gym but something is always getting in the way, working late, chior for the kids, swim lessons, the list goes on.

I sleep maybe 6 hours a nite I try and eat healthy (this is off and on0 somethimes I just give up!

is there some formula something I'm missing? I never intend to be a competitor but I would like it if it was an option at least. I did pretty well after I got divorced and made some great gains but since I got remarried I just can't find the time. (I'm not blaming my wife she is busier than I am).

any suggestions would be appreciated.

jandirigma
08-15-10, 12:47 am
Go get 'em House! Been checking this log and the one on Youtube. I'm truly inspired by the insane work ethic you got, bro. It's gotta be awesome once you get to the Olympia and you go back to your journey here, seeing all the dedication and perspiration you've put in just to stand on the stage for a night. That's gotta feel epic! Cheers, bro!

The House
08-15-10, 9:37 pm
Gald to see another night owl out there House...

Just think...in a few more hours we'll be in the weight room.

Go gettem House...

MACHINE

lol i know,,, i never can sleep bro

The House
08-15-10, 9:38 pm
Thnx alot The House .... so u think these courses is a gd combination ... if u have any recommendation would help me in taking these supplements or on the training i would like to hear it ...

yep will do bro

The House
08-15-10, 9:40 pm
One year today since the event that completely changed my life. I was life flighted to Pittsburgh hospital with gall stone induced pancreatitis while being 7 months pregnant I spent two and a half weeks there before they delivered London on the 25th! I have had a rough year and I'm ready to move on to a better year.I am now type 1 diabetic and live with a insulin pump attatched to me at all times. Thank God for my husband, my family and friends cause I couldn't have made it thru nor would I b able to deal with everything still to this day. I battle this every day. Be thankful for the good things in ur life, I sure am.

i know i remember the day heather i will never forget it... and i feel for you each day.. love you and you know i try and help you as much as i can.. i wish i could take your place

The House
08-15-10, 9:41 pm

empty and broken house

The House
08-15-10, 9:41 pm
x2 for sure!

;)

The House
08-15-10, 9:42 pm
Great log, it's cool to have somewhat of an 'insider' view on things a lot of us aspire to be. You're the man House!

we all are driven by something i am driven by ...... fill it in

The House
08-15-10, 9:43 pm
I gotta tell you man much respect!

I work and have 3 kids and I really do try and make it to the gym but something is always getting in the way, working late, chior for the kids, swim lessons, the list goes on.

I sleep maybe 6 hours a nite I try and eat healthy (this is off and on0 somethimes I just give up!

is there some formula something I'm missing? I never intend to be a competitor but I would like it if it was an option at least. I did pretty well after I got divorced and made some great gains but since I got remarried I just can't find the time. (I'm not blaming my wife she is busier than I am).

any suggestions would be appreciated.
lol sometime i think i have a clone lol

The House
08-15-10, 9:45 pm
Go get 'em House! Been checking this log and the one on Youtube. I'm truly inspired by the insane work ethic you got, bro. It's gotta be awesome once you get to the Olympia and you go back to your journey here, seeing all the dedication and perspiration you've put in just to stand on the stage for a night. That's gotta feel epic! Cheers, bro!

awesome doing another video blog this week

The House
08-22-10, 9:23 pm
it was my little girls 1st bday party today... wow time is flying by fast.... i love her so much

Firedrake
08-22-10, 9:26 pm
it was my little girls 1st bday party today... wow time is flying by fast.... i love her so much

I hope you'll have some pics on facebook -- London's a little cutie -- I keep telling you, you're going to need that shotgun for the boyfriends entirely too soon. <grin>

The House
08-22-10, 9:30 pm
I hope you'll have some pics on facebook -- London's a little cutie -- I keep telling you, you're going to need that shotgun for the boyfriends entirely too soon. <grin>

yep pics are up on my face book and my wife has more on her's lol shotgun ...

The House
09-12-10, 10:06 am
Since training for the Olympia my life has been pretty much just bodybuilding. Once these next two weeks are over I will be focusing on my family more. There are a few things we are going to go do that I could not do while training. It's tough to balance everything out. But I am just glad my fam has stuck in there with this long contest season thanks guys

Firedrake
09-12-10, 3:21 pm
Since training for the Olympia my life has been pretty much just bodybuilding. Once these next two weeks are over I will be focusing on my family more. There are a few things we are going to go do that I could not do while training. It's tough to balance everything out. But I am just glad my fam has stuck in there with this long contest season thanks guys

Your family is a treasure -- cherish them. Once the "O" is over, give Heather and the kids some loving care for a while, and for that matter, take some time to recover yourself! You've been prepping for one thing or another for months!

The House
09-13-10, 6:54 am
I know I can't wait.. Me and the fam are going to do somethings once we get back in town. Heather and I have already talked about going out to eat together which we never get to do and I will be taking Xavier to some football games he loves that

Universal Rep
09-13-10, 1:42 pm

What is the first think you're going to do when the show is over?

The House
09-14-10, 7:41 am
What is the first think you're going to do when the show is over?

After the show while in Vegas I want to have a nice dinner with my famy and friends then hit up the abc the next morning. After the abc we are going to hit up blueberry hill I am looking forward to that. After the abc event is over I am going to take Xavier to the m&m store on the strip and we are going to buy some m&m's. Then once I am back home heather and I are going to go out for lunch and a movie we already got a babysitter . So I am excited. Once October rolls in I can't wait to put up my Halloween stuff. Fall is one of my fav times during the year. I also love anything pumpkin so I am going to find some good pumpkin pie while it is still in season...

bizzo
09-14-10, 2:43 pm
@The House ... Your words of motivation along with your videos have paved the way to my road to Animal!

Universal Rep
09-14-10, 2:44 pm
After the show while in Vegas I want to have a nice dinner with my famy and friends then hit up the abc the next morning. After the abc we are going to hit up blueberry hill I am looking forward to that. After the abc event is over I am going to take Xavier to the m&m store on the strip and we are going to buy some m&m's. Then once I am back home heather and I are going to go out for lunch and a movie we already got a babysitter . So I am excited. Once October rolls in I can't wait to put up my Halloween stuff. Fall is one of my fav times during the year. I also love anything pumpkin so I am going to find some good pumpkin pie while it is still in season...

Sounds like ya got everything planned out... Nice.

Firedrake
09-14-10, 2:49 pm

Sounds like a plan, bro! I love Halloween! Unfortunately, I'll be moving the week before (hopefully) and won't have time to put the four plastic tote boxes of decorations up this year. <grin>

BamBam
09-14-10, 4:11 pm

Sounds like one hell of a plan bro! Enjoy yourself man, nobody in my book has earned it more..

andrewT
09-14-10, 6:04 pm

what a family man!

kick some ass brother!

jandirigma
09-16-10, 5:14 am
Lovin' the video blogs, House. Just stay motivated and you'll eat the competition. I know it must sometimes make ya feel so gassed out mentally to prepare for competition, lack of motivation kills. Keep stayin' hungry like you are, man!

Cole673a
09-16-10, 11:21 pm
Erik your an inspiration to me, i wish you the best of luck at the Mr O i know youve put in the work.

dannynb
09-17-10, 1:47 am

Yep....we already have our costumes picked....nothing beats a night out without the kids and some alone time with the Mrs's....just like nothing beats sneaking away with the kiddo's and forgetting we're an adult for a bit and just be with them.

One thing about all this, no matter how tough things get, or how stressed we might be....down time with the family has a way of recharging your batteries like nothing else in this world......Erik I have to send ya a new recipe for pumpkin pie (has peanut butter in it).

Steve48
09-17-10, 5:10 am
Great Job on the videos and the recent write up........sad when people question why you would compete in the Olympia. Have we really come down to "If you can't win you shouldn't compete" What happen to competing to improve - to challenge yourself - to learn what it will take to beat them the next time.

This seems like it goes back to; every one gets a trophy - everyone makes the team.
Such bullshit and it's just making us weak.

You are clearly giving your maximum effort to be the best you can be.
That's all you can ask of yourself.

naturalguy
09-23-10, 9:00 am
Volume 7, one week out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ixPrk0nEfk

BamBam
09-23-10, 12:20 pm
Volume 7, one week out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ixPrk0nEfk

The HAWK is back! lol. Awesome video... his arms look sick! I can't wait to see the whole package on stage.

Almost there bro... keep hammering and God Bless!!

IN IRON,
BB-

jandirigma
09-23-10, 10:11 pm
Almost there, House. Once again, awesome vids. Can't wait to see ya at the O!

lc_hitman
09-24-10, 7:57 pm
I know it has to feel great getting to step on that stage, the contest itself is a winning moment to be that high in the game that your at the pinacle of the competitions. As a father of eight children, twins that live out of state, four by the ex wife that live with me fulltime, and two by my current wife who should be nominated for sainthood even with her language issues for taking on so many step kids and me with my issues, lol...anyway, it is so great to see someone striving so hard to keep putting one foot in front of the other, improving always, all the while holding his family as the banner of why and how he is able to do it. I look forward everyday to my gym time, trying to do it one better each time. Always trying to work on adding that next "good and solid" pound, but absolutely love the moments riding hom from picking the kids up after school and hearing about their day, getting to check out their projects, and even better latter after gym laughing and playing the PS3 or Xbox with the kids. Good luck this weekend. I know your going to keep getting better and better. Your track record shows it.

The House
09-30-10, 8:35 pm
now that the olympia is over i am spending more time with the family. much needed family time for awhile...

dannynb
09-30-10, 9:18 pm
now that the olympia is over i am spending more time with the family. much needed family time for awhile...

.......amd it doesn't get any better than that. Hug them close Erik...better than any trophy ever could be.

jandirigma
09-30-10, 10:17 pm
Nothing better than a well-earned break wit the folks who backed you up. Enjoy your sweet time with 'em, big man.

Phil800101
10-05-10, 2:10 am
Great write up on the O, bro! Hope you're enjoying some well-earned time off.

The House
10-11-10, 7:00 am
.......amd it doesn't get any better than that. Hug them close Erik...better than any trophy ever could be.

Bro u got that right. Hope you and your family are doing great

The House
10-11-10, 7:03 am
Nothing better than a well-earned break wit the folks who backed you up. Enjoy your sweet time with 'em, big man.

Breaks are great for the mind body and soul..

The House
10-11-10, 7:05 am
Great write up on the O, bro! Hope you're enjoying some well-earned time off.

Thanks and the time off is good time off being scheduled is wonderful

dannynb
10-11-10, 7:16 pm
Bro u got that right. Hope you and your family are doing great

We're doing great...Michi and I are trying to set a date to finally have the wedding, I'm back in school and getting my own training/nutrition biz going. Man seeing you up there has gotten the fire in me going again to compete....How are the kiddo's? Kiddo's are growing...just seemed like yesterday she was born. Told ya a girl is totally different than a boy. LOL

The House
10-25-10, 8:14 pm
it my fav time of year right now... fall is awesome. halloween and pumpkin pie yeah buddy.. took the kids to trick or treat at our local zoo this past weekend and this weekend is our community trick or treat i cant wait..

JUGGERNAUT
10-26-10, 10:10 am
it my fav time of year right now... fall is awesome. halloween and pumpkin pie yeah buddy.. took the kids to trick or treat at our local zoo this past weekend and this weekend is our community trick or treat i cant wait..

Enjoy it all, all of you! ;-)

BamBam
10-26-10, 1:38 pm
Hey bro? How are things man? I'm happy for you man and that you got this break in! You def put in more hardwork than hell, anyone I know!

On a side note, I made a TON of "pumpkin" flavored things yesterday for my girl.. she loves anything pumpkin related so now I have a fridge full of pumpkin pie, fudge,muffins, etc. Time to pack on the pounds lol

Enjoy your time off bro and time with your family! Hope all is going great! God Bless

IN IRON,
BB-

The House
10-31-10, 3:24 pm
Hey bro? How are things man? I'm happy for you man and that you got this break in! You def put in more hardwork than hell, anyone I know!

On a side note, I made a TON of "pumpkin" flavored things yesterday for my girl.. she loves anything pumpkin related so now I have a fridge full of pumpkin pie, fudge,muffins, etc. Time to pack on the pounds lol

Enjoy your time off bro and time with your family! Hope all is going great! God Bless

IN IRON,
BB-

Damn I just love pumpkin stuff. Ate a whole pie yesterday

The House
10-31-10, 3:25 pm
Trick

The House
10-31-10, 3:26 pm
Or

The House
10-31-10, 3:26 pm
Treat

The House
10-31-10, 3:27 pm
Tonight lol

The House
10-31-10, 3:28 pm
Boo

BamBam
11-01-10, 1:35 pm
A whole pumpkin pie? Doin' work son! lol... I had half a pumpkin and I thought I was going to die.. but it was delicious so I'm good haha. How was trick or treat? I'm sure your crew looked awesome and you got to enjoy some of the goodies they collected as did I from my little bro. See ya soon brother and God Bless..

IN IRON,
BB-

dannynb
11-06-10, 11:48 pm
Damn I just love pumpkin stuff. Ate a whole pie yesterday

MMM.....pumpkin pie...in it's own food group. LOL

The House
11-07-10, 4:33 pm
A whole pumpkin pie? Doin' work son! lol... I had half a pumpkin and I thought I was going to die.. but it was delicious so I'm good haha. How was trick or treat? I'm sure your crew looked awesome and you got to enjoy some of the goodies they collected as did I from my little bro. See ya soon brother and God Bless..

IN IRON,
BB-

i cant turn down pumpkin pie in the offseason it is to damn good...

The House
11-07-10, 4:33 pm
MMM.....pumpkin pie...in it's own food group. LOL

the sugar group lol

The House
11-14-10, 6:04 pm
xavier had his bday party this weekend it was awesome

The House
11-14-10, 6:05 pm
we had it at a glow in the dark mini golf course it was awesome. all black lights and cool glow stuff

The House
11-21-10, 5:14 pm
thanks to everyone for coming to show and abc.. here are some pics
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=33160&id=100000343135141&l=dbab4c208d

TimCPitts
11-23-10, 12:00 pm
Great Stuff Erik.
I got to meet you in June at the MD seminar and again in July at the Hartford Europa.
Really enjoying following along this thread. Hope you have some great plans for Thanksgiving (Eating). My favorite holiday of the year! (Eating lol)
Have a great Holiday!

The House
11-28-10, 6:16 pm
Great Stuff Erik.
I got to meet you in June at the MD seminar and again in July at the Hartford Europa.
Really enjoying following along this thread. Hope you have some great plans for Thanksgiving (Eating). My favorite holiday of the year! (Eating lol)
Have a great Holiday!

thanks two great events nice meeting you also...

The House
11-28-10, 6:17 pm
thanksgiving was great got to spend time with the family. i always enjoy sitting down and eating some good food.

The House
11-28-10, 6:18 pm
this week i plan on getting some of my christmas decorations up. maybe this coming weekend i can go cut the tree down and drag it to my house... lol

The House
12-05-10, 6:09 pm
this week i plan on getting some of my christmas decorations up. maybe this coming weekend i can go cut the tree down and drag it to my house... lol

ok i cut my tree down and carried it to my house

The House
12-05-10, 6:11 pm
we got a 7 foot tree this year last year we got a ten foot one and i had to cut a foot off of it once i put it in the stand... lol it was funny

The House
12-05-10, 6:12 pm
i have to say that this time of year is awesome i love to see my kids happy...

The House
12-05-10, 6:14 pm
i been taking xavier ice skating at least once a week it is fun he plays hockey so it fun to watch him skate circles around me.. he was so excited today because he won a face off at hockey practice and cross checked a kid and the coach yelled at him but he was excited lol

Cellardweller
12-06-10, 5:02 pm
Good times. I put lights up on my house and garage and we put up our tree too. Now all that's left is the hell of holliday shopping. Have fun with those kids while they're little House.

Achilles
12-12-10, 4:31 am
House, the shirt you had on in your video that said "Be proud of who you are" where did you get that ? I want one

The House
12-12-10, 6:41 pm
Good times. I put lights up on my house and garage and we put up our tree too. Now all that's left is the hell of holliday shopping. Have fun with those kids while they're little House.

yep shopping not fun, but yes the kids are great

The House
12-12-10, 6:42 pm
House, the shirt you had on in your video that said "Be proud of who you are" where did you get that ? I want one

i got that shirt from animal...

The House
12-12-10, 6:42 pm

what video

The House
12-12-10, 6:44 pm
got some of the christmas shopping done me and the wife went last friday to do some..

The House
12-12-10, 6:50 pm
any good gift ideas for me to get the wife...

The House
12-12-10, 6:54 pm
guess what xavier wanted for christmas

The House
12-12-10, 7:49 pm
he asked for a ipad lol what happened to kid toys lol

The House
12-12-10, 7:49 pm
london wants a baby doll lol thats more like it

Achilles
12-13-10, 5:04 am
what video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnIqumqHS10&feature=player_embedded

that one, you can see the shirt clearly @ 0:09

I cant find it anywhere on the animal site

MetalHeart
12-14-10, 7:35 am
Wow, a powerHouse indeed. Major respect and salutes from Saudi Arabia mate. I hope one day I'd get to meet an inspirational man of your caliber.
Good luck in all your journeys.

Anabolik
12-24-10, 6:13 am
Merry Christmas Erik! Let the 2011 will be good for You and Your family, best physique in New Year. Best wishes from Poland, keep it going.

The House
12-26-10, 9:22 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnIqumqHS10&feature=player_embedded

that one, you can see the shirt clearly @ 0:09

I cant find it anywhere on the animal site

I think that is just a normal red animal shirt

The House
12-26-10, 9:23 am
Wow, a powerHouse indeed. Major respect and salutes from Saudi Arabia mate. I hope one day I'd get to meet an inspirational man of your caliber.
Good luck in all your journeys.

Thanks

The House
12-26-10, 9:26 am
Merry Christmas Erik! Let the 2011 will be good for You and Your family, best physique in New Year. Best wishes from Poland, keep it going.

Thanks here's to 2011

Anabolik
12-27-10, 5:30 am
I hope Your kids were satisfied with their gifts and I hope You are relaxed now. How many shows will You take part in 2011? Maybe You'll visit Poland? That'll be great.

The House
01-09-11, 8:09 pm
I hope Your kids were satisfied with their gifts and I hope You are relaxed now. How many shows will You take part in 2011? Maybe You'll visit Poland? That'll be great.

never been to poland before.... hell i never been out of the states :)

Anabolik
01-11-11, 10:55 am
Hey House, do You have any plans to contest in this year?

The House
01-23-11, 9:13 pm
Hey House, do You have any plans to contest in this year?

None as of yet going to see how the offseason treats me then decide

The House
01-30-11, 8:20 pm
xavier has been playing hockey the last few months and we have been spending a ton of time at the ice rink it is fun i enjoy skating myself...

The House
02-06-11, 8:16 pm
Big football game

The House
02-06-11, 8:19 pm
Half time and steelers not doing to great

Phil800101
02-07-11, 5:09 pm
That game sucked. Steelers outplayed GB after the first quarter, but the first quarter and those turnovers were killer. Damn Packers...

The House
02-13-11, 8:08 pm
That game sucked. Steelers outplayed GB after the first quarter, but the first quarter and those turnovers were killer. Damn Packers...

True bro ....

The Landlord
02-17-11, 4:05 pm
Tonight at 6pm please log on to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bodybuildinglounge to hear my Erik's first interview of 2011

Flash419
02-17-11, 4:48 pm
Tonight at 6pm please log on to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bodybuildinglounge to hear my Erik's first interview of 2011

Big news coming???

The House
02-27-11, 8:56 pm

How was it ?

The House
02-27-11, 8:57 pm
Big news coming???

No big news yet just trying to get huge

The House
02-27-11, 8:58 pm
Big news coming???

Is getting huge old news or new news lol

Hellisforheroes7
03-01-11, 11:22 am
just got a chance to browse through this thread. its awesome to see someone able to devote so much time to their family as well as a successful bodybuilding lifestyle. hope nothing but the best for you and your family.

Phil800101
03-07-11, 9:17 pm
Great to see you and Heather again House! Seminar on Saturday was great, definitely some things I'll be keeping in mind next time I feel like skipping the gym.

The House
03-13-11, 7:38 pm
just got a chance to browse through this thread. its awesome to see someone able to devote so much time to their family as well as a successful bodybuilding lifestyle. hope nothing but the best for you and your family.

thanks its all about family mate

The House
03-13-11, 7:39 pm
Great to see you and Heather again House! Seminar on Saturday was great, definitely some things I'll be keeping in mind next time I feel like skipping the gym.

i used it today i was like get your ass out of bed you can sleep when the work is done..

The House
03-20-11, 8:30 pm
been having a ruff time at work the last few days. i just hate how people thrive on drama...

The House
03-27-11, 8:29 pm
took the kids to chuck e cheese this weekend nothing like pizza and video games and ticket madness

The House
03-27-11, 8:31 pm
sunday was our clean the house day. heather and i were off today so we tried to clean well as much as you can when you have two kids messing it right back up after you clean it.. lol i guess thats normal

The House
04-03-11, 9:41 am
Been taking bike rides with the family. Xavier and I did a few miles yesterday. And no I dont count it as cardio. But yes it is good to keep moving

GUNS
04-03-11, 9:56 am
took the kids to chuck e cheese this weekend nothing like pizza and video games and ticket madness

You are one brave guy. CC is a nightmare!