PDA

View Full Version : how do you squeeze your glutes and lordosis?

mr.bump
06-04-10, 5:30 pm
Ok people so I think I have Lordosis a big curve in my lower back,Ive only just noticed this from looking at pics of my self and from the internet http://stronglifts.com/lordosis-why-it-causes-lower-back-pain-how-to-fix-it/

So am trying to fix this with birddogs bridges and fire hydrants (anything else I should do ?)

but I dont know how to use my glutes espicaly in the bridges. Ive read your suposed to tilt your pelivs back and then lift up with your glutes.

Ive also herd you use the muscles deep inside your lower abs the muscles you use to stop urinating.
So to do this do you squeez your ass cheeks together and the suck your bum in (thats what it feels like to me when I try and stop weeing)

Also any tips to fix it ?
ths is what am going to do

the exercises above 3 x a week start of with 3 x 10

try to stand more (when I do stand up should I push my hip/pelivs in so the curve goes away ?)

Does any one know if it matter that I lie more than sit up stright ? I dont sit up stright because it hurts my knee but ive been reading and these type of exercise can fix some peoples knees.

one more thing besids proberly having my bad posture do you think my leg discrepancy has anything to do with it

braves561
06-05-10, 3:33 pm
i think most people who back squat consistently develop that

intoodeep25
06-05-10, 4:35 pm
lol id have to agree. my back bends in and my butt looks like i belong in the "my humps" music video by the black eyed peas. is it causing you pain? or discomfort? or did you just notice that you had some of the symptoms? if it isnt causing you pain i wouldnt worry about it man. if it is educate yourself on tips to improve it

mr.bump
06-05-10, 4:50 pm
i think most people who back squat consistently develop that

I hardly squat(because of knee pain) and I think this is caused by bad postuerwich is also caused by knee pain because I never sit up right always slouched down with my feet up or lieing down.

lol id have to agree. my back bends in and my butt looks like i belong in the "my humps" music video by the black eyed peas. is it causing you pain? or discomfort? or did you just notice that you had some of the symptoms? if it isnt causing you pain i wouldnt worry about it man. if it is educate yourself on tips to improve it

Yeh it causes pain at the bottom of my back in between my spine and coccyxs(I have it now) and I have had knee pain for a few years so am hoping it will sort that out as well.
And I noticed from looking at pics of me and from the mirro that my ass sticks out more because of it not just because I have a big ass lol,I can tell this becausewhen I bring my hip in my ass goes and my stomache goes slightly.

Any way how do you squeeze your glutes ? do you just squeeze the ass cheeks together ?
I want to start using them more for other exercises like the deadlift and mill press I never do because I never new you were suposed to

mr.bump
06-08-10, 5:52 pm
no one ?

Offerstoff
06-08-10, 8:06 pm
I have the same problem. Went to a physical therapist and he basically outlined all the exercises that are in that link. Just keep up with those 3x a week (don't slack off when you start feeling better like I did..... =P).

If you want to try to hold your core tight when you get up and walk around, go for it, but just keeping up the exercises will work fine. Also try to keep your spin straight as often as possible. After a while you should start to walk with better form (chest out, head higher). I don't know if it helps, but if you can, try to walk with little upper body bouncing (the knee problem might make this hard). You'll notice you use your calves more and have more cyclical motion with your legs.

As for squeezing your glutes, you have it right, just pinch your ass together. Its the way they work.

Offerstoff
06-08-10, 8:14 pm
I forgot, you can also try to keep up stretching the abductor and adductor, and static hamstring stretches work too. With this kind of issue, essentially your hip flexors (and pretty much all of your hip stabilizers) are tight, along with your hamstrings. Your glutes and abs are weak. Stretching the appropriate tendons and muscles, along with strengthening the weak muscles will resolve your back pain, and correct your posture.

If you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me a pm. Hope I helped ^_^