PDA

View Full Version : partial tear shoulder

msktyshha
06-07-10, 8:48 pm
ok guys I got an MRI done for my shoulder and the doc said that i have a partial tear and a surgery is required. Hopefully next week I will be getting the surgery. Now my question is if any of you had a similar problem and then a surgery, how long did you guys stay out of gym for?

C.Coronato
06-08-10, 9:12 am
Everyone is different, a tear with surgery needed is no joke. Listen to what he says, so you dont mess it up any more ..

squattingtillipuke
06-08-10, 12:49 pm
Agree with TTL...had shoulder surgery a while back and trust me it will take time. You will be doing rehab with weight that you would normally not even approach as it is so light. For me - it took 2 months of rehab and one month of light training before I felt comfortable back in the gym. I will tell you though that going forward make sure that you loosen up the shoulders good for chest and shoulder days otherwise you will pay for it!!!!

BigTimCoats
06-12-10, 1:22 am
Check into ART (active relase technique). My gym partner tore something in his shoulder and all the docs told him he needed surgery then he started to go to an Active Release person and he is back to 100%. It beats surgery!