PDA

View Full Version : What am I looking 4?

mk53220
06-09-10, 1:11 am
As of right now, today Im sick of my body. I just started the new routine animal pak has put together. But for a diet Im once again stuck. Im trying to drop body fat. Drop like 12-15% body fat by late august.

Im 25 I weigh 210lbs and im around 24-26% body fat (37in waist). I want to lose it all. What the hell do I do? Do I do a "cutting diet" or a "Clean Bulk Diet" or etc.... I have no idea how to diet cleanly. Please any help will be noted thank you all for your time!

mk53220
06-09-10, 1:32 am
I found this:
http://summer.stack.com/TheIssue/Article/DefaultSummer/Football/10/7404/Football_Nutrition_Plan.aspx

woody06
06-09-10, 1:35 am
Head over to the diet section and read everything. Soak it all up like a sponge!!!

C.Coronato
06-09-10, 9:40 am
I would certainly suggest a cutting diet. What is your exact diet now?

Funky
06-09-10, 9:50 am
With how much BF you currently have and what you have said go on a strict cutting diet. Stay very clean with the diet with lots of cardio you will lose it all very quickly!!

Joe J
06-09-10, 2:47 pm
Hello brother, you will definately be looking to do a 'Cutting Diet' most certainly! However, this does not involve a complete lack of calories all together as you will want to maintain an optimum amount of muscle whilst chedding you body fat! It is useful throughout this process to count calories, and measure your weight changes and alterations in your body fat percentage weekly. This can easily be done through various websites that you can find through searching into google. For example: 'Body Fat Percentage Calculator'.

Anyway, back to the real stuff! You will want to find a site which you can input your bodily details to find your daily 'maintenance'. This is how many calories your body requires daily to stay how it is. To lose your body fat, your body will need to stay in a calorie deficit. This means that the body isn't getting enough of what it needs and starts eating at your fat resources to produce energy. Typically, to do this the average male eats about 80% of his maintenence whilst cutting and maintaining muscle. However, as you become more experienced you learn just how much your body needs.

You will need to build this amount of daily calories through a particular use of proteins, fats and carbs. These need to be strategically placed throughout the day. A website such as www.fitday.com will aid you with this. However, here is a sample diet plan to help you get started:

7:30 am - 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, one cup oats + one piece of fruit
11:00 am - 8 oz chicken breast + one cup boiled vegetables
1:00 pm - 8 oz chicken breast + half cup cottage cheese
3:30 pm (pre-workout) - one can tuna + 2 tomatoes, one cup brown rice + piece of fruit
5:00 pm - (post-workout) - protein shake (if available), OR 8 oz chicken breast + 500ml orange juice
7:30 pm - 8 oz chicken breast + one cup boiled vegetables
10.00 pm - one tb peanut butter + one cup oats

As you can see, this diet consists of many small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism consistant in burning calories. (Even at rest!). Also, this diet is made up of completelt CLEAN food. This is food with pure nutritional value and no rubbish! Eating only clean food whilst cutting is extremely importrant. Also, drink water consistantly throughout the day, and remember to stay on top of training and rest!

I hoped this has helped you brother, if you need anything else just private message me!

Pizzalamp
06-09-10, 6:42 pm
what makes u think having oatmeal and peanut butter before bed is a good idea?
looks like u should be focused on fixing your own diet before u give others advice joe j

Hello brother, you will definately be looking to do a 'Cutting Diet' most certainly! However, this does not involve a complete lack of calories all together as you will want to maintain an optimum amount of muscle whilst chedding you body fat! It is useful throughout this process to count calories, and measure your weight changes and alterations in your body fat percentage weekly. This can easily be done through various websites that you can find through searching into google. For example: 'Body Fat Percentage Calculator'.

Anyway, back to the real stuff! You will want to find a site which you can input your bodily details to find your daily 'maintenance'. This is how many calories your body requires daily to stay how it is. To lose your body fat, your body will need to stay in a calorie deficit. This means that the body isn't getting enough of what it needs and starts eating at your fat resources to produce energy. Typically, to do this the average male eats about 80% of his maintenence whilst cutting and maintaining muscle. However, as you become more experienced you learn just how much your body needs.

You will need to build this amount of daily calories through a particular use of proteins, fats and carbs. These need to be strategically placed throughout the day. A website such as www.fitday.com will aid you with this. However, here is a sample diet plan to help you get started:

7:30 am - 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, one cup oats + one piece of fruit
11:00 am - 8 oz chicken breast + one cup boiled vegetables
1:00 pm - 8 oz chicken breast + half cup cottage cheese
3:30 pm (pre-workout) - one can tuna + 2 tomatoes, one cup brown rice + piece of fruit
5:00 pm - (post-workout) - protein shake (if available), OR 8 oz chicken breast + 500ml orange juice
7:30 pm - 8 oz chicken breast + one cup boiled vegetables
10.00 pm - one tb peanut butter + one cup oats

As you can see, this diet consists of many small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism consistant in burning calories. (Even at rest!). Also, this diet is made up of completelt CLEAN food. This is food with pure nutritional value and no rubbish! Eating only clean food whilst cutting is extremely importrant. Also, drink water consistantly throughout the day, and remember to stay on top of training and rest!

I hoped this has helped you brother, if you need anything else just private message me!

Joe J
06-09-10, 6:52 pm
Oats are a good source of slow release carbs, so are good to eat before the fast (sleep). Also, peanut butter does not have to fall in straight before bed time but I believe it should be slipped in somewhere in the day because of its content of natural fats. Also, maybe you should of provided some better information than myself before slating mine.

Joe J
06-09-10, 6:53 pm
Also, this is not my diet.

mk53220
06-09-10, 7:55 pm
WOAH WOAH WOAH Pizza and Joe J no need to battle a war here. Im just looking for a diet to shed this body fat guys. If you all truly think I can with this one then Im game I will do it everyday untill im happy with the fattyness.

If anyone else has anyother suggestions please post and thank you all so far.

mk53220
06-09-10, 8:06 pm
Also on this posted diet can i do 1/2 a sweet potato? I have found a new love for those instead of boiled veggies?

Joe J
06-10-10, 5:19 am
Sweet potatos are a great source of carbs whilst cutting. Although if you were to put them into your diet I would replace a source of carbs and not the boiled veggies. :)

Funky
06-10-10, 8:17 am
Everyone react differently to different food at different times for me I can not do carbs after 6 while cutting. So I load my carbs early and hit lean meat and a salad for meal after 6 then I like to hit late night shake to get in extra protein! Try some different stuff out see what works best for your body. In the end it is what works for you that matters.

Joe J
06-10-10, 1:35 pm
Everyone react differently to different food at different times for me I can not do carbs after 6 while cutting. So I load my carbs early and hit lean meat and a salad for meal after 6 then I like to hit late night shake to get in extra protein! Try some different stuff out see what works best for your body. In the end it is what works for you that matters.

Yeahh, it's all about learning your body I think. When i cut I always find it more benificial to load carbs after I've trained which is in the evening. So try a bunch of stuff out and see what works for you.

Good luck mate!

LegendKillerJosh
06-10-10, 2:25 pm
A lot of people (pro's included but don't jump down my throat about not doing what the pro's do) believe you should be eating the same foods year round, the only difference being how much you eat. Chicken, steak, eggs, oats, rice and pasta are the big staples. Start eating that. If you aren't leaning out, start eating less of those things. Go with the results.