PDA

View Full Version : what do you train for

msktyshha
06-09-10, 2:19 pm
How many of you here actually train for a purpose besides getting big. like how many of you are athletes here of some specific sport besides bodybuilding like of power lifting, boxing, MMA and so on. How did you decide that you actually wanted to be in that sport. How did you stared out.

ghost
06-09-10, 2:29 pm
Powerlifter here...
started because after my last hand surgery where they removed my pinky and half of my ring finger, they told me i wouldnt be able to lift heavy again... and after my knee surgery they told me to stop squatting... i just did static start suspended good mornings last week at 505... can static hold over 1200 lbs. and can shrug over 900.

my best competition lifts are
bench 415
squat 525
dead 495

and i only have 8.5 fingers. :)

msktyshha
06-09-10, 10:05 pm
Powerlifter here...
started because after my last hand surgery where they removed my pinky and half of my ring finger, they told me i wouldnt be able to lift heavy again... and after my knee surgery they told me to stop squatting... i just did static start suspended good mornings last week at 505... can static hold over 1200 lbs. and can shrug over 900.

my best competition lifts are
bench 415
squat 525
dead 495

and i only have 8.5 fingers. :)

impressive....I am gonna go through a shoulder surgery within next week, and hopefully after all the rehab.......I am power lifting too!!!!!!!

Crash
06-09-10, 10:07 pm
...To evolve...

Hercules
06-09-10, 10:16 pm
Like ghost, I enjoy powerlifting as well. I just began competing about a year and a half ago but it's like a drug - once you compete once you want to lift in more and more meets. I don't train to look pretty; I train for strength.

jeff00z28
06-09-10, 10:48 pm
little of this, little of that

dominatetheiron
06-09-10, 10:52 pm
come from a wrestling background training to do a BB comp and looking to get into some mma training soon.

But i train because its a part of me its who i am i never ask why im there im there because its who i am.

Girevik 69
06-10-10, 7:13 am
I train purely for functional strength, explosiveness, and health. I have no interest in adding mass, personally.

My background is originally in various martial arts and combat sports--Western fencing (foil and saber), Filipino eskrima (stick & knife fighting), and Brazilian jiu-jitsu.