PDA

View Full Version : "From The Ground Up"

C.Coronato
06-09-10, 2:31 pm
Whats up fellas. I'm no mentor like Vinny G and may be no pro, and i certainly am not up to the rankings of some others here but as a young, aspiring bodybuilder, i get many questions, day in and day out. I love helping people, and showing people that, if you work hard, and give it your all .. things to come true. I left HS at a soaking wet 140 lbs. This past year, just 6 years after leaving HS, i was a solid 225 lbs. Not shredded, but i was there. I never in my life thought i would climb past 200, that number came and went.

People always doubt you, and they will continue to doubt you, thats just simply something we call Life. Life is not easy, and as many young athletes will tell you, that trying to find time for everything makes it very hard. I went to college, and I got my degree. I did all that school work, and sat in my class room, learning about shit i didnt want to learn. I plan on going back to school for Physical Therapy.

One day that day will come, right now its just extra part time classes to get the Science Pre-Reqs i need to simply apply. Working two jobs and having a full time GF are thrown into the mix, add that in with competitive bodybuilding, cars, cooking, surfing, beach, and you have a well rounded TreeTrunkLegs. This is me, and my story. So ask away, ill be more than happy to help any young guns looking for some guidance. I know what it's like to be young with all the temptations, like girls, partying and drinking. Even though you're young, you can do it. I am.

Universal Rep
06-09-10, 2:40 pm
Very nice, TTL. Great to see you gettin' some props. I know a lot of young fellas look up to the IFBB pros. As pros, they gotta know what they're talkin' about right? They did it, so they have all the answers, right??? Nope. Truth is, the way they do things, what they do... Very different from what us mortals do. Truth is, a lot of the advice they give about what they do wouldn't work for us. Guys like TTL, he knows the score. Knows what it takes to be young and hungry. He knows how hard it is juggling work, girls, partying, drinking, etc. TTL is a young cat. He knows what it's like to be young and an aspiring bodybuilder. That's what its all about, ain't it? Aspirin' to something greater?

Like the title of your thread. Any reference to your cookin' and "ground" beef? Haha.

PIJW
06-09-10, 2:46 pm
Very nice TTL, you have a lot of offer these new young guns that need some answers. Hope some take the advantage of this, i know ill watch it cause i myself have asked you from time to time a few questions cause in the end i trust ya.

Universal Rep
06-09-10, 2:48 pm
Very nice TTL, you have a lot of offer these new young guns that need some answers. Hope some take the advantage of this, i know ill watch it cause i myself have asked you from time to time a few questions cause in the end i trust ya.

He's a young gun himself, haha. If anyone can understand how tough it can be as a bodybuilder and a young kid, it's TTL...

I'll start. At your age, how do you resist the temptation to go out partying all the time? When I was 18-22, it was all I did...

PIJW
06-09-10, 2:50 pm
He's a young gun himself, haha. If anyone can understand how tough it can be as a bodybuilder and a young kid, it's TTL...

I'll start. At your age, how do you resist the temptation to go out partying all the time? When I was 18-22, it was all I did...

Very True, i remember in the Marines that all they did and wondered why they struggled for the conditioning required and that's not even mentioning the strength. Like i said i hope some young kids take advantage of his knowledge.

Universal Rep
06-09-10, 2:53 pm
Very True, i remember in the Marines that all they did and wondered why they struggled for the conditioning required and that's not even mentioning the strength. Like i said i hope some young kids take advantage of his knowledge.

Agreed. Not just knowledge though... But leading by example. Though I understand TTL is a wizard in the kitchen. They don't call him the Count of the Kitchen for nuthin, haha.

PIJW
06-09-10, 2:55 pm
Agreed. Not just knowledge though... But leading by example. Though I understand TTL is a wizard in the kitchen. They don't call him the Count of the Kitchen for nuthin, haha.

Never heard that about him, would love to see some chicken recipes from him, since me and my wife kill off a farm each week of chicken, PLZ enlighting up Count of the Kitchen

Universal Rep
06-09-10, 2:57 pm
Never heard that about him, would love to see some chicken recipes from him, since me and my wife kill off a farm each week of chicken, PLZ enlighting up Count of the Kitchen

Yup. The good brother went to culinary school, among other things. A true renaissance man. Here's his thread... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=24558

He also keeps a food blog on www.UniversalUSA.com, "Seasonings" found in THE EATING section.

PIJW
06-09-10, 2:59 pm
Yup. The good brother went to culinary school, among other things. A true renaissance man. Here's his thread... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=24558

He also keeps a food blog on www.UniversalUSA.com, "Seasonings" found in THE EATING section.

time for some reading at work now when i get a chance thanks U Rep

G Diesel
06-09-10, 3:01 pm
I'll be here regularly to check in on the life and times of a good young dude with a bright future.

I'm sure it will be an educational and inspirational experience all at once. Your dedication and consistency never fails to motivate, my brother.

Answering the questions of those who seek you out will serve to help us all grow. No doubt.

Peace, G

Birdman
06-09-10, 3:08 pm
Great thread bro! I know I'll be postin up questions for ya as they come. Your a good dude.

Aggression
06-09-10, 3:11 pm
This will undoubtedly turn into a top notch, quality thread. I like it.

JUGGERNAUT
06-09-10, 3:17 pm
You are going to get what you want out of life, just for the simple fact you know what it takes and have the work ethic; to finish what you start. Props buddy.

J-Dawg
06-09-10, 3:18 pm
Awesome thread TTL. You're an inspiration to all the young guns out there. Here's a question that I got for you and one that I hear pretty frequently from guys just getting into lifting--What do you do when you're dieting around the holidays and go to relatives houses for meals? Or if you're hanging out with friends and they rest of 'em are drinking and you're on diet mode. How do you make sure you always get your meals in and aren't tempted to stray off the diet when you're just hanging out with friends/family?

Rage
06-09-10, 3:24 pm
Whats up fellas. I'm no mentor like Vinny G and may be no pro, and i certainly am not up to the rankings of some others here but as a young, aspiring bodybuilder, i get many questions, day in and day out. I love helping people, and showing people that, if you work hard, and give it your all .. things to come true. I left HS at a soaking wet 140 lbs. This past year, just 6 years after leaving HS, i was a solid 225 lbs. Not shredded, but i was there. I never in my life thought i would climb past 200, that number came and went.

People always doubt you, and they will continue to doubt you, thats just simply something we call Life. Life is not easy, and as many young athletes will tell you, that trying to find time for everything makes it very hard. I went to college, and I got my degree. I did all that school work, and sat in my class room, learning about shit i didnt want to learn. I plan on going back to school for Physical Therapy.

One day that day will come, right now its just extra part time classes to get the Science Pre-Reqs i need to simply apply. Working two jobs and having a full time GF are thrown into the mix, add that in with competitive bodybuilding, cars, cooking, surfing, beach, and you have a well rounded TreeTrunkLegs. This is me, and my story. So ask away, ill be more than happy to help any young guns looking for some guidance. I know what it's like to be young with all the temptations, like girls, partying and drinking. Even though you're young, you can do it. I am.

Here's a guy that is making something of his life and leads many down the path of the iron. Contribution through guidance, education and living the life. Always got your back brother...even though I'm an old gun : )

C.Coronato
06-09-10, 3:27 pm
Very nice, TTL. Great to see you gettin' some props. I know a lot of young fellas look up to the IFBB pros. As pros, they gotta know what they're talkin' about right? They did it, so they have all the answers, right??? Nope. Truth is, the way they do things, what they do... Very different from what us mortals do. Truth is, a lot of the advice they give about what they do wouldn't work for us. Guys like TTL, he knows the score. Knows what it takes to be young and hungry. He knows how hard it is juggling work, girls, partying, drinking, etc. TTL is a young cat. He knows what it's like to be young and an aspiring bodybuilder. That's what its all about, ain't it? Aspirin' to something greater?

Like the title of your thread. Any reference to your cookin' and "ground" beef? Haha.

haha, Always cooking references. Its constantly on my mind. Appreciate the good words U, i truly do.

Thanks brotha, i appreciate the support. I like to be open and honest to people, and help any where i can.

Well, that i guess started as a younger TTL. I am the youngest of three, and i grew up in a fairly strict home. My father wasnt around much, as we was traveling with work. Mom was good to me, and she will always be close to my heart, but once Pops came home, all hell broke loose. Im not sure why i never picked up cigs or a beer, considering most of my friends did at 13-14 years old. It didnt interest me, and sooner or later, i get the rep of the kid who didnt drink. Noone really understood it, but it kept me going. Into college i got into a semi serious health kick, and that same rep stuck with me. I trained 7 days a week, and tried to eat healthy. I wasnt into competing yet, but i loved to train. My first drink wasnt until i was 21 or so, when my best friends father passed away. That was a hard time for all of us, i had a Budweiser in honor of him. Since then i can count on one hand the amount of times i have drank. Even know, i like to be 100% in control of myself, i dont like leaving anything to outside forces or to chance. Ill always be the DD and i have no problem with that. I have seen way to many people my age die and/or end up in jail because they are reckless. Dont get me wrong, i enjoy a drink or two here and there in the offseason, but it simply wasnt something i was interested in. So i guess now that im dieting, and very strict, going out once a while and grabbing a water, is nothing new, dieting or not.

Haha, The Chef, here and at your service.

Ill get up some recipes for chicken on the blog, i actually just read a really good sounding crispy chicken one. Ill get that up ASAP.

He also keeps a food blog on www.UniversalUSA.com...

Thanks U.

I'll be here regularly to check in on the life and times of a good dude with a bright future.

I'm sure it will be an educational and inspirational experience all at once. Your dedication and consistency never fails to motivate, my brother.

Answering the questions of those who seek you out will serve to help us all grow. No doubt.

Peace, G

Thanks G. I appreciate your constant support my man.

Great thread bro! I know I'll be postin up questions for ya as they come. Your a good dude.

Awesome. Im here and ready brother.

This will undoubtedly turn into a top notch, quality thread. I like it.

Thanks for the support A. You, of all people, know how hard it is to do everything. So thanks brotha.

C.Coronato
06-09-10, 3:36 pm
You are going to get what you want out of life, just for the simple fact you know what it takes and have the work ethic; to finish what you start. Props buddy.

Appreciate it Juggs. Your someone who has been through it, and know how it goes. So thank you my man.

Awesome thread TTL. You're an inspiration to all the young guns out there. Here's a question that I got for you and one that I hear pretty frequently from guys just getting into lifting--What do you do when you're dieting around the holidays and go to relatives houses for meals? Or if you're hanging out with friends and they rest of 'em are drinking and you're on diet mode. How do you make sure you always get your meals in and aren't tempted to stray off the diet when you're just hanging out with friends/family?

Good question for sure. Well for one, if its holiday time, i TRY my best to not have to diet then. I love holidays, as i dont see family much, i want to enjoy it as best as i can. That being said, i have had many instances where i have had to skip on certain things due to the diet. For instance, last week was my GFs bday, she had cake twice. One cake i made her from scratch and we had it at her family's house. The second one was a night out at a nice club/restaurant with a bunch of friends. Both times, i had to sit out and watch. Most people understand now what im doing, and why i do it, so i dont get too much pressure from anyone. When i first got into competing and strict dieting, i actually had a very hard time sticking to the diet on my days off from work. I found my self missing meals, scrummaging and trying to find alternatives. Needless to say, my first 8 week diet, wasnt the best. Over these few years, i have learned to adapt. Weekend days are no different then the rest of the week .. I make my meals for the day and keep them with me in my car all the time. I would say 95% of my weekend meals are eaten cold and on the run. I set my phone alarm to go off 3 hours from when i finish my meal, that way i dont have to worry about thinking about it, i know when it goes off, its time to eat. And hanging out with friends who are out drinking, having snacks, ect .. it simply wasnt an issue to me. I dont get cravings for a beer or anything like that. I just know its not happening, so its out of my mind. I do crave things like fruit and CarbRite Bars though lol. I try my best to have absolutely no down time, if im busy, the day goes quick, and ill be in bed before i know it.

Here's a guy that is making something of his life and leads many down the path of the iron. Contribution through guidance, education and living the life. Always got your back brother...even though I'm an old gun : )

Your an inspiration to many of us Young Guns as well Rage. Your knowledge has helped so many people, its unbelievable. I appreciate the support my man. Keep rockin on your end, few more weeks till your back on the stage.

naturalguy
06-09-10, 3:54 pm
It's about time you got your own Q & A. I know you have a lot of knowledge to spread and you are gaining a lot of stage experience.

what is your ultimate goal with bodybuilding? Are you shooting for a pro card?

B Con
06-09-10, 4:08 pm
SUBBED for the wealth of info/knowledge from my man TTL. Good stuff.

Universal Rep
06-09-10, 4:20 pm
It's about time you got your own Q & A. I know you have a lot of knowledge to spread and you are gaining a lot of stage experience.

Hey NG, remember when you were young and aspirin' like TTL? When was that again? 1964?

c-doll
06-09-10, 4:28 pm
Subbed for this!

What foods have helped you grow the most?

naturalguy
06-09-10, 4:34 pm
Hey NG, remember when you were young and aspirin' like TTL? When was that again? 1964?

It was only a couple of years ago :)

Mr. Dead
06-09-10, 4:38 pm
I'm in, for this!!!

C.Coronato
06-09-10, 4:46 pm

Thanks brother. I take it day to day, to be honest. Im not sure my exact path. I wanted to be a Natural Pro in a Natural Organization for a while, but for the most part, i dont like there physiques, and i dont think i can or want to look like that. With the rare occasion of someone like Clarida, or Big Ant .. So im not sure. I think ill stick with Team U for now, and continue to grow .. IFBB pro card would always be nice, but with that, would of course have to come with other things ..

SUBBED for the wealth of info/knowledge from my man TTL. Good stuff.

Thanks B. Appreciate it bro.

Zinger!

Subbed for this!

What foods have helped you grow the most?

Well when i was younger and trying to put on any weight i could, when i classified myself as a "hardgainer" (which i no longer agree with the phrase, you simply dont eat enough) But when in college i would go to Costco, or some bulk place and buy a load of burgers, tuna, and bread. Lunch i would have 2-3 tuna melt sandwiches, yes with cheese and mayo. Post workout i would have 5 or 6 burgers with no buns and a weight gainer shake. Maybe it wasnt the cleanest, but it was cheap, and it packed pounds on me ..

I'm in, for this!!!

Thanks brotha.

Reacher34
06-09-10, 5:31 pm
Hey TTL, I just recently got my Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Emory University in Atlanta, GA. If you have any questions regarding that field or want advice in selecting a school, hit me up.

Glad to see you got this thread going, looking forward to it.

C.Coronato
06-10-10, 9:48 am
Hey TTL, I just recently got my Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Emory University in Atlanta, GA. If you have any questions regarding that field or want advice in selecting a school, hit me up.

Glad to see you got this thread going, looking forward to it.

Dude thats great man, Congrats! I will certainly be hitting you up for advice for sure. I have some time yet, as i still have a good amount of pre-reqs to do, as my under grad was in Food Service Management and Culinary Arts, so i dont have many Science classes .. Thanks bro.

PIJW
06-10-10, 10:03 am
Dude thats great man, Congrats! I will certainly be hitting you up for advice for sure. I have some time yet, as i still have a good amount of pre-reqs to do, as my under grad was in Food Service Management and Culinary Arts, so i dont have many Science classes .. Thanks bro.

I know the feeling TTL, i am changing my computer science to a management major in tech. and have a ton of pre-reqs that i have to do. Gotta love this one i have for the summer, Personal Wellness, HA

Beowulf
06-10-10, 10:06 am
Hey, what oils do you like cooking with?

C.Coronato
06-10-10, 10:33 am
I know the feeling TTL, i am changing my computer science to a management major in tech. and have a ton of pre-reqs that i have to do. Gotta love this one i have for the summer, Personal Wellness, HA

Ahh thats great, Currently im taking 2 accelerated online courses. Human Anatomy 1 and Human Anatomy 2. Its all well in good, except for the fact that i have to dissect a cat at home .. Not exactly my cup of tea lol. Best of luck to you brother.

Hey, what oils do you like cooking with?

While dieting, its strictly Pam. When im not dieting, i use a few different. Many times i use Pam, but sometimes ill use Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Great source for healthy fats), also, occasionally ill use Veg Oil, but its mostly Pam and EVOO.

OklahomaMuscle
06-10-10, 10:56 am
Whoa I step out for a minute and now my man's got his own Q&A? Always in for the good word mang

C.Coronato
06-11-10, 7:33 am
Whoa I step out for a minute and now my man's got his own Q&A? Always in for the good word mang

Haha, trying to do big things brotha! Making moves .. hope all is well your way my man.

Aggression
06-11-10, 8:31 am
Lemme toss out a question for ya, bud:

Well all know that 'every body is different', and that 'what works for one may not always work for another'. Through your career in BB-ing so far, have you found any foods or general diet strategies that just didn't work for you? Foods that the 'normal' BB-er usually eats but didn't work for you? Also, are there any foods that you eat that is not typically on the standard bodybuilding food list?

B Con
06-11-10, 9:22 am
I've got a question for ya...

How the hell do you stay so lean in the offseason... Haha that's tough as shit. Seriously. That seems to be one aspect that's hard as hell to maintain/control and just wondering your two cents.

C.Coronato
06-11-10, 2:45 pm
Lemme toss out a question for ya, bud:

Well all know that 'every body is different', and that 'what works for one may not always work for another'. Through your career in BB-ing so far, have you found any foods or general diet strategies that just didn't work for you? Foods that the 'normal' BB-er usually eats but didn't work for you? Also, are there any foods that you eat that is not typically on the standard bodybuilding food list?

Solid question Mr. Agression. I dont personally do well with rice in general. I dont have any during my season. I stick with Oats and Sweet Potatoes, and just recently got real into Quinoa. Google it, its super clean, good carbs, fiber and protein. Great all around food that is a nice change of pace. I usually stick with basics, eggs and oats in the AM. Chicken and Sweets through the day, Eggs again at night. Offseason i certainly like to mix it up. Ill go anywhere from steak to salmon to shrimp to ground turkey. I get very sick of things easily, as im sure many people do. By keeping it fresh, usually weekly, makes it more enjoyable.

I've got a question for ya...

How the hell do you stay so lean in the offseason... Haha that's tough as shit. Seriously. That seems to be one aspect that's hard as hell to maintain/control and just wondering your two cents.

Shit bro, i wasnt lean at all this offseason .. 220 on me was rough. I had zero abs, and had a hard time tieing my shoes lol .. I was strong as shit tho. This year ill be monitoring it much closer and keeping better tabs on my diet. Im not sure of what the exact diet will be but its not going to be out of this world. Last year one of my meals was a 1000 calorie weight gainer shake, i know that is defiantly out lol. Ill keep you guys in the loop when i map out the diet for my 9+ month offseason, my first REAL offseason.

B Con
06-11-10, 3:01 pm
Man everytime I see you you're lean... haha that's why I asked.... can't wait to see the GROWTH plan

G Diesel
06-11-10, 5:30 pm
Copping some quinoa ASAP... You've got me intrigued.

Expecting some good news from you this weekend bro and even more to come soon.

Thinking only positive thoughts of success and dominance.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
06-14-10, 9:28 am
Man everytime I see you you're lean... haha that's why I asked.... can't wait to see the GROWTH plan

Thanks brotha .. Im excited to get growing again, its always a good time for sure.

Copping some quinoa ASAP... You've got me intrigued.

Expecting some good news from you this weekend bro and even more to come soon.

Thinking only positive thoughts of success and dominance.

Peace, G

Awesome G, i dont think you will be dissapointed. I kept it simple. 2:1 Ration. 2 Cups water, 1 cup quinoa. Boiled it was a little bit of salt, once boiled, bring it to a simmer for 15 mins, or until the water is almost gone .. Hit it with a little hot sauce before eating and your all set.

Mr. Dead
06-14-10, 12:19 pm
BTW... Congrats on the name change!!! Another sign of movin' on up!!! Great stuff!!!

Aggression
06-14-10, 12:27 pm
Copping some quinoa ASAP... You've got me intrigued

Likewise. I tried looking for it in the food store this weekend but I really had no clue what I was even looking for, haha. I'll check it out again next time I hit the store.

PIJW
06-14-10, 12:32 pm
BTW... Congrats on the name change!!! Another sign of movin' on up!!! Great stuff!!!

Grats on the change but your still TTL to me

C.Coronato
06-15-10, 1:56 pm

Thanks brotha!

Likewise. I tried looking for it in the food store this weekend but I really had no clue what I was even looking for, haha. I'll check it out again next time I hit the store.

Haha, its usually in the Organic/Natural/Healthy aisle. It very small tan round grains.

Grats on the change but your still TTL to me

Thanks bro, and ill always be TTL, im still the same guy!

Optimus Prime
06-15-10, 2:25 pm
hey mr.coronoto wats a good diet for leaning out??

C.Coronato
06-15-10, 2:29 pm
hey mr.coronoto wats a good diet for leaning out??

Hey brother. Well i can give you a run down of what my diet has been, and then you will need to tweak it to your exact needs. As everyone reacts differently to carbs, fats, proteins, ect.

At 180 lbs and very low BF, as i just did a show, and i have another one in 4 weeks, i am doing this:

730am - 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup broc, 3/4 cup oats
1030am - 6oz chicken, 1/2 cup broc
130pm - 6oz chicken, 5oz sweet potatoes
430pm - 6oz chicken, 5oz sweet potatoes
730pm - 50 grams Ultra Iso Whey
930 - 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/c cup broc

PIJW
06-16-10, 10:46 am
Here's a good one for ya TTL.

How often do you work your abs(times per week). How many different exercises do you do for them and what rep range do you use for your contest prep/cutting in preparation for contest.

I'm sure a few would like to know how TTL does it.

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 11:02 am
Hey brother. Well i can give you a run down of what my diet has been, and then you will need to tweak it to your exact needs. As everyone reacts differently to carbs, fats, proteins, ect.

At 180 lbs and very low BF, as i just did a show, and i have another one in 4 weeks, i am doing this:

730am - 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup broc, 3/4 cup oats
1030am - 6oz chicken, 1/2 cup broc
130pm - 6oz chicken, 5oz sweet potatoes
430pm - 6oz chicken, 5oz sweet potatoes
730pm - 50 grams Ultra Iso Whey
930 - 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/c cup broc

ima try that thnx!

any good help for growin my wheelz?

C.Coronato
06-16-10, 11:36 am
Here's a good one for ya TTL.

How often do you work your abs(times per week). How many different exercises do you do for them and what rep range do you use for your contest prep/cutting in preparation for contest.

I'm sure a few would like to know how TTL does it.

To be 100% honest, i trained them MAYBE a handful of times during the whole 14 weeks of dieting. I should have trained them more, but i simply was too exhausted after cardio to do them. But when i do them, i do decline situps, rope crunches, oblique non weighted twists, and leg lifts, i usually superset them 4 x 15 or so.

ima try that thnx!

any good help for growin my wheelz?

Awesome bro. What i did for a while was this:

Quads:
Squat - 5 x 10
Hack Squat - 5 x 10
Leg Press - 5 x 10
Extension - 5 x 10

Hams:
Leg Curls - 5 x 15
Laying Leg Curl - 5 x 15
Standing Leg Curl 5 x 15
Lunges - 5 x 15

Calves:
Donkey Calf - 4 x 20
Standing Calf - 4 x 20
Seated Calf - 4 x 20

PIJW
06-16-10, 11:45 am
To be 100% honest, i trained them MAYBE a handful of times during the whole 14 weeks of dieting. I should have trained them more, but i simply was too exhausted after cardio to do them. But when i do them, i do decline situps, rope crunches, oblique non weighted twists, and leg lifts, i usually superset them 4 x 15 or so.

Thanks

How many times a week would you say you train them as well.

C.Coronato
06-16-10, 4:01 pm
Thanks

How many times a week would you say you train them as well.

Like i said, in those 14 weeks, i trained them maybe 5 times total. So many weeks i didnt train them at all.

PIJW
06-16-10, 4:02 pm
Like i said, in those 14 weeks, i trained them maybe 5 times total. So many weeks i didnt train them at all.

Very interesting, TY, now i don't feel too bad that i neglected them for pretty much the same reason of just being tired.

C.Coronato
06-16-10, 4:04 pm
Very interesting, TY, now i don't feel too bad that i neglected them for pretty much the same reason of just being tired.

Haha, yea man, i wouldnt recommend neglecting them, but its just something i never got around to doing. I know i should, but like i said, i was exhausted from the cardio, commuting, dieting, working, ect. And it just got left on the back burner.

PIJW
06-16-10, 4:05 pm
Haha, yea man, i wouldnt recommend neglecting them, but its just something i never got around to doing. I know i should, but like i said, i was exhausted from the cardio, commuting, dieting, working, ect. And it just got left on the back burner.

well i can tell you i never meant to neglect them it just seemed to happen was doing them one week and then i looked back and was like wow i forgot them again. But i think with my changes to when i workout they will get hit at least once maybe twice a week.

C.Coronato
06-17-10, 1:17 pm
well i can tell you i never meant to neglect them it just seemed to happen was doing them one week and then i looked back and was like wow i forgot them again. But i think with my changes to when i workout they will get hit at least once maybe twice a week.

Agreed. I would like to hit them more often, for me personally, i would say 2-3x a week should be ideal.

Universal Rep
06-17-10, 3:52 pm
How's it hangin', CC?

Tron
06-18-10, 11:39 am
Very interest on the quinoa... I googled it and your recipe sounds money... One question though, where do you find this? Is it just at natural food stores or could I find this at Walmart or Aldi?

Second question... For your in season I noticed that right now on your 4 week break you said you were keeping about a 100-150g carbs (If my memory serves me right). Have you ever thought of a higher carb dieting style? Does that not work for THE TTL?

C.Coronato
06-18-10, 1:30 pm
How's it hangin', CC?

Doing well U, thanks. How are you brotha!

Very interest on the quinoa... I googled it and your recipe sounds money... One question though, where do you find this? Is it just at natural food stores or could I find this at Walmart or Aldi?

Second question... For your in season I noticed that right now on your 4 week break you said you were keeping about a 100-150g carbs (If my memory serves me right). Have you ever thought of a higher carb dieting style? Does that not work for THE TTL?

Well i went to culinary school, and worked with it often while in school. Currently i find it in Shop Rite or Stop and Shop in the Naturals / Healthy aisle. I think thats the best bet, but im sure you can find it more and more in other stores.

Higher carbs doesnt do too well for me. Once out of the season, i will be incorporating higher carbs, but what we noticed is that anything about 150 grams, i begin to gain weight, and store it. So right now, i actually just dropped down to no more than 100. We are sticking there for the next few weeks.

Tron
06-18-10, 1:54 pm
Well i went to culinary school, and worked with it often while in school. Currently i find it in Shop Rite or Stop and Shop in the Naturals / Healthy aisle. I think thats the best bet, but im sure you can find it more and more in other stores.

Higher carbs doesnt do too well for me. Once out of the season, i will be incorporating higher carbs, but what we noticed is that anything about 150 grams, i begin to gain weight, and store it. So right now, i actually just dropped down to no more than 100. We are sticking there for the next few weeks.

Cool, thanks for the info. Goodluck at TU bro..

C.Coronato
06-21-10, 1:56 pm
Cool, thanks for the info. Goodluck at TU bro..

Absolutely bro!

C.Coronato
06-21-10, 2:00 pm
Getting right back into the grind post show was a struggle, especially with a show 4 weeks away. I have done shows back to back to back weekends, and it actually was easier to get on track. I had my chest meal Sat night and Sun morning, and then it was back on track for the rest of Sunday. The past show i felt i slacked more (which i was permitted) but i was losing motivation to go on for another 4 weeks. I was extremely exhausted and rundown, and needed to recoup. I enjoyed no training Friday-Sunday and just stuck to my cardio, switched it up a bit and hit some out door bike riding with my GF. It was very enjoyable and my head i right back in. 3 weeks until Team Universe.

mritter3
06-21-10, 3:05 pm
Getting right back into the grind post show was a struggle, especially with a show 4 weeks away. I have done shows back to back to back weekends, and it actually was easier to get on track. I had my chest meal Sat night and Sun morning, and then it was back on track for the rest of Sunday. The past show i felt i slacked more (which i was permitted) but i was losing motivation to go on for another 4 weeks. I was extremely exhausted and rundown, and needed to recoup. I enjoyed no training Friday-Sunday and just stuck to my cardio, switched it up a bit and hit some out door bike riding with my GF. It was very enjoyable and my head i right back in. 3 weeks until Team Universe.

hey great stuff man...keep working hard bud...congrats on all the success..very well deserved.

PIJW
06-21-10, 3:34 pm
Gotta love the out door bike ride, need to get my wife a bike so we can do that once the 105 heat index decides to drop some

C.Coronato
06-21-10, 11:47 pm
hey great stuff man...keep working hard bud...congrats on all the success..very well deserved.

Thanks M, i appreciate it for sure. 2.5 weeks to keep pushing. 18 weeks total is the longest i have ever dieted for .. But im doing ok ..

Gotta love the out door bike ride, need to get my wife a bike so we can do that once the 105 heat index decides to drop some

I hear ya. My GF was never that active, but now we really enjoy it. We leave out phones, wallets, everything behind. Take some cash and go. We may or may not stop for some lunch, and its just so peaceful. Ill do that every day if i could.

C.Coronato
06-24-10, 9:50 am
Tuesday was a good day. I have not seen my coach in a week and a half as he was out at Jr Nationals, and we both were busy. I felt as if i were holding some in my stomach, and was a bit nervous to go see him. I know i always rebound hard, so i just let it go and made that my theory. When i got there and went through my mandatory poses, his eyes lit up. He said my legs look like im ready to get on stage, they are dry and in. My back is set, but i am holding a bit of water, but thats fine as ill hit it with Arbuterol and pull it out no problem. I was happy to say the least. THEN, he said to go have a cheat meal. I dont get cheat meals often, i think i had 2 in 18 weeks. Which is more than im used to, as the last few show preps i had 0. Needless to say i felt good, and relaxing a bit with my GF. It was a good day, Sitting at 179 lbs and ready to rock.

C.Coronato
06-25-10, 10:26 am
The days are going by faster and faster now. 2 Weeks until prejudging. Damn, that went quick. 13 days until weigh ins. Im looking forward to a nice long clean bulking off season. I am working on my diet now, but i think its going to be almost identical to my contest prep, just with the addition of more carbs, less cardio, and a few shakes in there. The basis will be the same, as i actually enjoy what im eating now, its just not enough. Right now, 2 weeks out this where im at. Im at a steady 178, 5% or so.

5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup broc, 1 cup dry measured oats.
6oz chicken, 6oz sweets
6oz chicken, 6oz sweets
6oz chicken, 6oz sweets
6oz chicken, 1/2 cup bro
5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 cup broc

PIJW
06-25-10, 10:27 am
Getting there bro, you gonna deserve a long slow bulking season after you kick this 2nd contests ass.

C.Coronato
06-25-10, 1:58 pm
Getting there bro, you gonna deserve a long slow bulking season after you kick this 2nd contests ass.

Thanks my man, i need it. The longest i ever had an off season was 10 weeks. I plan on doing a nice clean steady bulk until Team U next year.

Mr. Dead
06-25-10, 2:02 pm
That clock is tickin'... And, I know you're makin' each second count... Nothing left, but to bring home the hardware... You got this, easy...

PIJW
06-25-10, 2:25 pm
Thanks my man, i need it. The longest i ever had an off season was 10 weeks. I plan on doing a nice clean steady bulk until Team U next year.

Sounds great, gonna have to watch that bulking session

C.Coronato
06-25-10, 3:37 pm
That clock is tickin'... And, I know you're makin' each second count... Nothing left, but to bring home the hardware... You got this, easy...

Thanks brotha. Few more weeks. Two weeks exactly to Pre-Judge .. Cant believe its this close. Biggest Stage i have ever been on.

Sounds great, gonna have to watch that bulking session

Thanks brotha.

Mr. Dead
06-25-10, 3:41 pm
Thanks brotha. Few more weeks. Two weeks exactly to Pre-Judge .. Cant believe its this close. Biggest Stage i have ever been on.

I've seen your pics, and know your drive and determination... You've got this, easy...

Big C
06-25-10, 3:44 pm
Might be a dumb ? but where is Team Universe held, bro?

Lookin forward to you doing well at this show and then see what you can do in a prolonged bulking season. You said you got up to a solid 220 I think you can even put on more solid mass than that b/c you will have more time. Time to get to "monster" status amigo.

Mr. Dead
06-25-10, 3:53 pm

Lookin forward to you doing well at this show and then see what you can do in a prolonged bulking season. You said you got up to a solid 220 I think you can even put on more solid mass than that b/c you will have more time. Time to get to "monster" status amigo.

Bergen Cty, NY
5 Mins from Manhattan

C.Coronato
06-25-10, 3:58 pm
I've seen your pics, and know your drive and determination... You've got this, easy...

Thanks brotha.

Yea man, we will see. The plan is to simply add carbs to my contest prep. With also some Steak, Torrent, Ect. No more 1000 cal gainers tho hahaa. Thats what did me dirty. 2 lbs a week until this time next year .. I think itll work well. And its actually in NJ this year, so i lucked out.

Its Bergen County Community College in Hackensack, NJ.

Bergen Cty, NY
5 Mins from Manhattan

They moved it. Its actually in GKs hometown of Hackensack, NJ.

Mr. Dead
06-25-10, 4:00 pm
Thanks brotha.

Its Bergen County Community College in Hackensack, NJ.

They moved it. Its actually in GKs hometown of Hackensack, NJ.

Bev Francis needs to update her stuff, then... *LOL*

Big C
06-25-10, 4:04 pm
Nice, so kinda in your backyard....not real familiar with Jerz haha.

Yeah man...I think that's the way to do it...the smart way, I ditched those weight gainers a long time ago and just started eating more steak, chicken, fish, eggs, oats etc.

You know what the hell your doing bro, so do it. And good luck 2 u.

C.Coronato
06-25-10, 4:21 pm
Bev Francis needs to update her stuff, then... *LOL*

haha yea i guess so, but the poster is right - http://bevfrancis.com/component/content/article/30-posters/103

Nice, so kinda in your backyard....not real familiar with Jerz haha.

Yeah man...I think that's the way to do it...the smart way, I ditched those weight gainers a long time ago and just started eating more steak, chicken, fish, eggs, oats etc.

You know what the hell your doing bro, so do it. And good luck 2 u.

Yea its about an hour and a half north of me actually, but its not bad. No planes or hotels needed. Yea well what i did was had a Real Gains shake with whole milk, Oats, PB, and a Banana lol. It was damn tasty tho, and it worked, i put weight on, and my strength was through the roof, but I made up for it in diet and cardio these past 16 weeks lol.

C.Coronato
07-06-10, 1:50 pm
Less than a week to go, and ill be standing on my first National Stage. Thats unreal to me, 2 years ago, bodybuilding wasnt even a thought in my mind. I just simply worked out and thought i ate clean. Now its the big leagues. MD video is up : http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/contests/2010-team-universe/3078-christian-coronato-2-weeks-from-team-universe-shoulders.html

I couldnt be more happy or more grateful for that. Excited to get into the offseason and take steps to progress towards my next show.

I need to nail down my diet, and make sure its something feasible $$ wise. Either way, ill be looking into some solid clean growth.

Birdman
07-06-10, 2:06 pm
Thats awesome bro, couldn't be happier for ya.
I have a quick question, how do you split your legs in your routine? I have done the legs split before and am contemplating going back to it soon but wanted your input first. Where would you put squat? I remember I had it on hamstring/glute day. Any input would be great man. Thanks!!

C.Coronato
07-06-10, 4:37 pm
Thats awesome bro, couldn't be happier for ya.
I have a quick question, how do you split your legs in your routine? I have done the legs split before and am contemplating going back to it soon but wanted your input first. Where would you put squat? I remember I had it on hamstring/glute day. Any input would be great man. Thanks!!

Thanks brotha! I def appreciate it, congrats on the coordinator badge as well!

I did a ham/calf day and then a quad day.

I didnt squat much this offseason, simply because i ddint want to add more size, as my legs are already over powering. But im going to go back to it this year. I will be running quads like this:

Extensions - 4 x 10
Lunges - 4 x 10
Squat - 4 x 10
Hack Squat - 4 x 10
Leg Press - 4 x 10

Something along those lines. I dont like squatting first, same goes with DLing, i always hit them in the middle of the workout ..

Birdman
07-06-10, 10:10 pm
That looks good man, thanks. I think hamstrings would be somethin like leg curls, straight leg deads, freak blasters, reverse v-squats. Sound solid?

C.Coronato
07-07-10, 9:37 am
That looks good man, thanks. I think hamstrings would be somethin like leg curls, straight leg deads, freak blasters, reverse v-squats. Sound solid?

Yea man that sounds awesome for sure!

Tron
07-07-10, 2:25 pm
Congrats on the vid, TTL... I'm excited to watch it this weekend, bro.

C.Coronato
07-09-10, 11:26 am
Congrats on the vid, TTL... I'm excited to watch it this weekend, bro.

Thanks my man! It was an awesome experience, hope i motivate you a bit brotha!

Razor
07-12-10, 9:19 am
Gotta question for ya C. How are you taking in your oats these days? I want to add oats to my regular diet and i'm trying to decide how i want to add them to my schedule. Just taking a quick glance i think adding it to my whey shake would be best. This would be between my meals and i'm assuming just buying a container of Quaker oats is sufficient? What do you think bro? Again congrats brother!

C.Coronato
07-12-10, 10:05 am
Gotta question for ya C. How are you taking in your oats these days? I want to add oats to my regular diet and i'm trying to decide how i want to add them to my schedule. Just taking a quick glance i think adding it to my whey shake would be best. This would be between my meals and i'm assuming just buying a container of Quaker oats is sufficient? What do you think bro? Again congrats brother!

Yo brotha!

Oats, great food for sure. On my diet, i was simply having one cup oats to 2 cups water. Mixing in some cinnamon and stevia, and a dash of vanilla extract.

What i did for a while in the offseason, was grind them up into a powder, and then add them to my shakes, they make it a good consistency and your not chewing them lol. Either way it would work. But remember, grinding them down, does increase the rate of digestion ..

Mr. Dead
07-13-10, 11:16 am
So... What will the supps, diet, and trainin' be like, during this "Growth Season"...???

C.Coronato
07-13-10, 3:45 pm
Nothing is 100% set, i dont know macros at all, i simply slightly increased what i was doing from the precontest until now, and this is what i came up with .. im going to run it for a week, and adjust accordingly.

Meal 1 - 3 whole eggs 3 egg whites, 3 slices Turkey Bacon, 1 cup oats
Meal 2 - 4oz Steak, 4oz Chicken, 6oz Sweet Potatoes
Meal 3 - 4oz Steak, 4oz Chicken, 6oz White Potatoes
Meal 4 - 4oz Steak, 4oz Chicken, 6oz Sweet Potatoes
Meal 5 - Unisyn shake with Almond Butter
Meal 6 - (not on the planned diet, but i was in the mood) - 2 cans of tuna made into a tuna melt on rye bread with provolone cheese.

** I also had misc food through out the day. Coming off the diet im just working out the cravings i had. The plan is to run a diet like the one above, with the exception of Meal 6 - most likely will be eggs and oats again. I will do that Mon-Fri on point. Sat and Sun i will plan the meals the same, make them the day before hand, but if i want to go out to dinner or something, then i will. I am not scheduling a full "cheat" day, but just if i feel i want one. We will see how it goes, it may work, it may not. Also once i am back in the gym, Unisyn will get changed out for a post workout shake.

Supplements are not set yet either. Right now im only taking Pak, Omega, Joint V, and Unisyn.

Mr. Dead
07-13-10, 3:47 pm
Nice!!! Lookin' forward to these 10 months of growth you've got goin'!!!

C.Coronato
07-13-10, 3:54 pm
Nice!!! Lookin' forward to these 10 months of growth you've got goin'!!!

Your not kiddin Mr. Dead. Looking forward to some solid progress my self! I have to make a decent dent into the Light Heavies. Those are some big boys!

N. Motta
07-14-10, 9:25 pm
Hey C. Again, big congratulations on your placing at your most recent show. I saw your pics, and all I can say as, due to our similarities in age, I can only dream of earning a physique such as yours. True inspiration.

My question is, do you feel there should be a certain level of leanness, that one should obtain BEFORE beginning to attempt a serious period of growth? I have been training/eating diligently for the past 2.5 years. I definitely know that I need to get some more thickness and development in much of my upper body, in particular. On the other hand, I think the lowest my bodyfat has been is around 11%. Be that as it may, I still did not feel that it was a "good" look. So as you may see, I feel a little conflicted.

I'm not exactly sure where I am going goal wise right now. For better or worse, I am just trying to stay consistent, and not lose any strength or size, both of which are scarce to come by for me.

boyer77
07-17-10, 12:18 am
Well, you have motivated me to do a show next spring/summer. I started a 90% clean bulk. I am at 190 and would like to get to 225+. My diet is pretty good right now. I am wondering what you would suggest for workouts. Should i stick to the basic compound movements for now? When should I start incorporating all the fancy stuff? Hopefully you get what I'm trying to ask... Thanks in advance brotha!

Birdman
07-17-10, 2:08 am
Hey TTL, any remedies for stretch marks? Treating current ones and preventing more?
Thanks bro.

C.Coronato
07-20-10, 9:42 am
Hey C. Again, big congratulations on your placing at your most recent show. I saw your pics, and all I can say as, due to our similarities in age, I can only dream of earning a physique such as yours. True inspiration.

My question is, do you feel there should be a certain level of leanness, that one should obtain BEFORE beginning to attempt a serious period of growth? I have been training/eating diligently for the past 2.5 years. I definitely know that I need to get some more thickness and development in much of my upper body, in particular. On the other hand, I think the lowest my bodyfat has been is around 11%. Be that as it may, I still did not feel that it was a "good" look. So as you may see, I feel a little conflicted.

I'm not exactly sure where I am going goal wise right now. For better or worse, I am just trying to stay consistent, and not lose any strength or size, both of which are scarce to come by for me.

Thanks my man, just keep working at it, it took a long time for me to get where i am today. Grinding day in and day out my brother. I did the "dirty bulk" thing, and it didnt work in my favor, from what i saw. It came out that i had to diet a lot longer to get into contest shape. I think you can clean up your diet and start a bulk at any time, as long as it is a clean bulk. Its alot of food, but itll be worth it, from what i have found.

Well, you have motivated me to do a show next spring/summer. I started a 90% clean bulk. I am at 190 and would like to get to 225+. My diet is pretty good right now. I am wondering what you would suggest for workouts. Should i stick to the basic compound movements for now? When should I start incorporating all the fancy stuff? Hopefully you get what I'm trying to ask... Thanks in advance brotha!

I dont use much fancy type of working out. The only thing that I have found that i liked where forced reps. Other than, i keep it very simple my man. Unless im real close to the show, ill start throwing in some dropsets.

Hey TTL, any remedies for stretch marks? Treating current ones and preventing more? Thanks bro.

Stretch marks are a sign of growth my man, almost everyone gets them, but unfortunately i do not know any remedies or ways to prevent them. Be proud of them my brother, your growing.

Birdman
07-20-10, 9:46 am
Stretch marks are a sign of growth my man, almost everyone gets them, but unfortunately i do not know any remedies or ways to prevent them. Be proud of them my brother, your growing.
According to my legs I'm growing quite fast lol. I embrace them yes, but they are quite prevalent and will definitely show up come show time. Thinkin bout looking into that bio-oil shit thats suppose to fade them..thanks as always bro.

N. Motta
07-20-10, 11:30 am
Thanks my man, just keep working at it, it took a long time for me to get where i am today. Grinding day in and day out my brother. I did the "dirty bulk" thing, and it didnt work in my favor, from what i saw. It came out that i had to diet a lot longer to get into contest shape. I think you can clean up your diet and start a bulk at any time, as long as it is a clean bulk. Its alot of food, but itll be worth it, from what i have found.

Thanks for your time and help brother.

J-Dawg
07-20-10, 11:31 am
How's the diet looking post-contest C? Curious to hear what you've learned from your previous show experiences and how you'll be treating the "offseason".

shortstack
07-20-10, 11:45 am
Hey Brother, I have a diet/cooking question for you.

I'm still 12 weeks out but using bb sauce on my chicken. I know once I get closer I'm going to have to cut it out but what do you suggest as a replacemnts or do I just suck it up and go with plain chicken.

The sauce I use only have about 15g carbs but I know to get into crazy lean shape it's going to have to go.

Thanks Brother

Jeremy

C.Coronato
07-21-10, 10:29 am
According to my legs I'm growing quite fast lol. I embrace them yes, but they are quite prevalent and will definitely show up come show time. Thinkin bout looking into that bio-oil shit thats suppose to fade them..thanks as always bro.

If you find something, let us know brotha!

Thanks for your time and help brother.

Absolutely my man!

How's the diet looking post-contest C? Curious to hear what you've learned from your previous show experiences and how you'll be treating the "offseason".

I have learned alot, thats for sure. Ill outline my diet in the next post J.

Hey Brother, I have a diet/cooking question for you.

I'm still 12 weeks out but using bb sauce on my chicken. I know once I get closer I'm going to have to cut it out but what do you suggest as a replacemnts or do I just suck it up and go with plain chicken.

The sauce I use only have about 15g carbs but I know to get into crazy lean shape it's going to have to go.

Thanks Brother

Jeremy

I use yellow mustard, or hot sauce. Both are no fat, no cal, no carb, so they are good to go! I switch between them, as well as different hot sauces through prep to keep it changing. But i never used a BBQ sauce or anything like that. The most i used with carbs or cals is Sriracha hot sauce which i think has like 5 cals.

C.Coronato
07-21-10, 10:35 am
Right now this is what its going to look like for the next few weeks. We will see how I do, i have not counted macros at all, its simply an increase of my cut diet.

1 - 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 3 slices Turkey bacon, Veg (whatever is on sale), 1 cup oats
2 - 4oz Chicken, 4 oz Steak, 7oz sweet potatoes
3 - 4oz chicken, 4oz steak, 7oz white potatoes
4 - 2 cans tuna, 1 cup brown rice
5 - LAVA (postworkout)
6 - 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, Veg, 1/2 cup greek yogurt.

Ill be making changes as I go, it could change daily, or weekly, depending on how i feel. Ill also be having some apple sauce and rice cakes in between meals as snacks.

Aggression
07-21-10, 10:51 am
Ill also be having some apple sauce and rice cakes in between meals as snacks.

interesting. I like it.

C.Coronato
07-22-10, 10:02 am
interesting. I like it.

Trying to keep the cals semi clean and on the lower end right now as i level off from the show. As soon as im comfortable ill begin adjusting and raising the carbs to where i see fit and im staying lean and growing .. All learning brotha!

C.Coronato
07-26-10, 1:33 pm
I was up in CT this past weekend, and I had the chance to train with S.Clarida. My man is an absolute freak. There are no words that can describe him. His intensity is so insane, and it was exactly what I needed to get me going again for this offseason. I dont normally train too heavy, but, im going to give it ago. Pyramids will be back into play .. Looking forward to it!

scals
07-27-10, 11:17 am
I was up in CT this past weekend, and I had the chance to train with S.Clarida. My man is an absolute freak. There are no words that can describe him. His intensity is so insane, and it was exactly what I needed to get me going again for this offseason. I dont normally train too heavy, but, im going to give it ago. Pyramids will be back into play .. Looking forward to it!

Sounds awesome bro. I trained with Shaun back in December at Diamond and experienced the same thing. Dude is absolutely nutty and is a freak!

Looking forward to seeing you progress this offseason pal.

C.Coronato
07-28-10, 10:18 am
Sounds awesome bro. I trained with Shaun back in December at Diamond and experienced the same thing. Dude is absolutely nutty and is a freak!

Looking forward to seeing you progress this offseason pal.

There are no words for that dude. Hes just a freak, and he is going to go very far in this sport, his intensity is just insane.

And yea man, looking to put on some solid lean mass, and get into that Light Heavy Weight class!

Mr. Dead
08-02-10, 1:36 pm
What's your most favorite "dirty" meal...???

C.Coronato
08-09-10, 5:22 pm
What's your most favorite "dirty" meal...???

Good question. I never go REAL dirty, not a fan of fast food or anything like that. Honestly, anything homemade by ma dukes would be a go for me. I love my moms cooking. I also do enjoy burgers, and tex-mex. I would consider myself a "foodie" going to culinary school, i really enjoy trying things out of the ordinary, and exploring different food options. There isnt much i DONT like lol.

Mr. Dead
08-09-10, 5:25 pm
Good question. I never go REAL dirty, not a fan of fast food or anything like that. Honestly, anything homemade by ma dukes would be a go for me. I love my moms cooking. I also do enjoy burgers, and tex-mex. I would consider myself a "foodie" going to culinary school, i really enjoy trying things out of the ordinary, and exploring different food options. There isnt much i DONT like lol.

I'm jealous... We used to cringe when we'd hear that mom was cooking... *LOL*

C.Coronato
08-11-10, 11:12 am
I'm jealous... We used to cringe when we'd hear that mom was cooking... *LOL*

Ahh thats no good! I love moms cooking. After every show, usually on the Sunday, she makes spaghetti and meatballs, and Irish soda bread haha. My favorite two things, its great. ill eat that for ever.

Aggression
08-11-10, 11:18 am
I dont normally train too heavy, but, im going to give it ago. Pyramids will be back into play .. Looking forward to it!

Hell yeah. Music to my ears. Let's move some fucking weight bro.

C.Coronato
08-18-10, 9:42 am
Hell yeah. Music to my ears. Let's move some fucking weight bro.

You know it. Heavy weights feel good!

C.Coronato
08-20-10, 11:56 am
Im sitting at a solid 205. Im feeling good. Weights have been increasing, everything is going good. Looking forward to the next up and coming month .. Cleveland and Vegas will be a good time for ABCs all around.

Fearless Rabbit
08-30-10, 2:54 pm
Thanks brother. I take it day to day, to be honest. Im not sure my exact path. I wanted to be a Natural Pro in a Natural Organization for a while, but for the most part, i dont like there physiques, and i dont think i can or want to look like that. With the rare occasion of someone like Clarida, or Big Ant .. So im not sure. I think ill stick with Team U for now, and continue to grow .. IFBB pro card would always be nice, but with that, would of course have to come with other things ..

Reading between lines TTL. Like your thinking. Stay clean and love your kidneys, they`ll love you back :)

S. Clarida
09-08-10, 11:53 am
One day/step at a time bro! Like myself, your young and have a whole future ahead to make decisions/changes. You have your goals in front of you, so lets focus on that one goal at task..TU!

GK

C.Coronato
09-08-10, 2:25 pm
Reading between lines TTL. Like your thinking. Stay clean and love your kidneys, they`ll love you back :)

Slowly but surely brother.

One day/step at a time bro! Like myself, your young and have a whole future ahead to make decisions/changes. You have your goals in front of you, so lets focus on that one goal at task..TU!

GK

You know it my man. Your inspire me to keep at it. So i appreciate it as always GK, im like 45 weeks out, No time to waste!

Mr. Dead
09-09-10, 4:51 pm
You know it my man. Your inspire me to keep at it. So i appreciate it as always GK, im like 45 weeks out, No time to waste!

Even at this far out, that clock is always tickin'... And, I know you'll make the most of it!!!

C.Coronato
09-23-10, 2:13 pm
Even at this far out, that clock is always tickin'... And, I know you'll make the most of it!!!

Absolutely brother. EVERY day counts.

C.Coronato
09-23-10, 2:14 pm
Headed to Vegas in a few hours for The Mr. O event. Very excited, and im looking forward to meeting up with some of the guys and lighting those fires again. One thing i love about these events is i always come home with a crazy sense of motivation.

smoothballer
09-23-10, 9:29 pm
Headed to Vegas in a few hours for The Mr. O event. Very excited, and im looking forward to meeting up with some of the guys and lighting those fires again. One thing i love about these events is i always come home with a crazy sense of motivation.

I feel ya bro! I always come home from the Arnold crazed and ready to destroy the weights for the next couple of weeks. Wish I could make it out to the O. Have a great time bro!

mass3011
09-29-10, 3:03 pm
like yourself i am a bodybuilding chef i am currently going to be working 10-2 then 6-10 i can be at my gym withong 15 mins of finishing my work i need some help on how to set out my meal???? any help would be great

C.Coronato
09-29-10, 4:14 pm
I feel ya bro! I always come home from the Arnold crazed and ready to destroy the weights for the next couple of weeks. Wish I could make it out to the O. Have a great time bro!

Thanks my man, always a good time!

like yourself i am a bodybuilding chef i am currently going to be working 10-2 then 6-10 i can be at my gym withong 15 mins of finishing my work i need some help on how to set out my meal???? any help would be great

Awesome man, rough schedule for sure, but glad you stopped by. Can you eat at work? Get any breaks, ect? What are your goals?

mass3011
09-29-10, 4:21 pm
yh its shit bro no no food or drink in kitchen no breaks apart from the 4 hour gap bettween shifts, and me goals is to become a natural freak im just bulking

C.Coronato
09-30-10, 10:12 am
yh its shit bro no no food or drink in kitchen no breaks apart from the 4 hour gap bettween shifts, and me goals is to become a natural freak im just bulking

I hear ya man. Its possible, especially starting young. What i would suggest is something like this. 3 Solid meals, and two Real Gains shakes. Its all you can do right now.

Have a nice big breakfast(before work), lunch(inbetween shifts after training), and dinner(after work). During work have a shaker with Real Gains powder in it, go to the bathroom at about half way through your shift and add water, or milk if you can get some, and drink it. Itll take 2 mins and noone will know, nor will they care. Do the same thing for both shifts!

mass3011
09-30-10, 11:06 am
I hear ya man. Its possible, especially starting young. What i would suggest is something like this. 3 Solid meals, and two Real Gains shakes. Its all you can do right now.

Have a nice big breakfast(before work), lunch(inbetween shifts after training), and dinner(after work). During work have a shaker with Real Gains powder in it, go to the bathroom at about half way through your shift and add water, or milk if you can get some, and drink it. Itll take 2 mins and noone will know, nor will they care. Do the same thing for both shifts!

I guess this could work only prob is I have no where to keep my shaker apart from my locker which is in away from toilet but I spose I alway go and get ingreadients so could suck it down en quickly

mass3011
09-30-10, 11:11 am
I guess this could work only prob is I have no where to keep my shaker apart from my locker which is in away from toilet but I spose I alway go and get ingreadients so could suck it down en quickly

Just thought I could get some protien bars n keep them in my pocket n just got to loo and scoff one do universal do mrp bars

Mr. Dead
09-30-10, 11:12 am
So... What's the diet, supp stack, and training split looking like, currently...???

C.Coronato
09-30-10, 11:36 am

Just thought I could get some protien bars n keep them in my pocket n just got to loo and scoff one do universal do mrp bars

Yea bars work too, just the shake is faster and more dense. But either way. Down two bars and your good. As long as your getting something in!

So... What's the diet, supp stack, and training split looking like, currently...???

Diet hasnt changed much, mela 1 varies tho Yesterday:

- 4 whole eggs, 4oz steak, veg, 2 servings of grits
- 4oz steak, 4oz chicken, 8oz brown rice/black beans mix, 1/4 cup nuts
- Post workout shake - 3 scoops Ultra Iso Whey, 3 Scoops CarboPlus, 2 servings EAA Stack
- 2 Cups Greek Yogurt with Fruit.

Supps:
Just finishing up Test/N1-T stack. Worked GREAT.
Pak / Omega / Nitro
100% Beef Aminos / Uni Liver
Pro and Oats (if im running late in the AM)
ZMA / Joint V at night
Agent O (new)
(i think thats it)

Training:
Shoulders
Back
Chest
Legs
Arms
(one day rest)
3-4 sessions of cardio post workout.

Weight about 210.

Aggression
09-30-10, 11:38 am
Dem dere grits, brahonie. I like it. I sometimes switch it up like that; oatmeal, grits, or even sometimes hashbrowns. Delicious.

Mr. Dead
09-30-10, 11:39 am
Nice!!! Lookin' solid, there!!! (Surprised that Agent O isn't in that mix... *LOL*)

C.Coronato
09-30-10, 11:42 am
Dem dere grits, brahonie. I like it. I sometimes switch it up like that; oatmeal, grits, or even sometimes hashbrowns. Delicious.

Yea man, I have to. I have been getting so sick of the food. Oats, Grits (just got them a few days ago) cream of wheat, ect. Gotta keep it fresh!

Nice!!! Lookin' solid, there!!! (Surprised that Agent O isn't in that mix... *LOL*)

Just updated before you wrote this. YOUR TOO QUICK! I just took an Agent O this morning!

mass3011
09-30-10, 11:42 am
Yea bars work too, just the shake is faster and more dense. But either way. Down two bars and your good. As long as your getting something in!

Diet hasnt changed much, mela 1 varies tho Yesterday:

- 4 whole eggs, 4oz steak, veg, 2 servings of grits
- 4oz steak, 4oz chicken, 8oz brown rice/black beans mix
- Post workout shake - 3 scoops Ultra Iso Whey, 3 Scoops CarboPlus, 2 servings EAA Stack
- 2 Cups Greek Yogurt with Fruit.

Supps:
Just finishing up Test/N1-T stack. Worked GREAT.
Pak / Omega / Nitro
100% Beef Aminos / Uni Liver
Pro and Oats (if im running late in the AM)
ZMA / Joint V at night
(i think thats it)

Training:
Shoulders
Back
Chest
Legs
Arms
(one day rest)
3-4 sessions of cardio post workout.

Weight about 210.

Yh I think I will go for bars to start with cus will find it hard to get shake from locker n the owner is a twat!! I will try a proten bar and then either 10 liver tabs, a pack of nitro, or some beef aminoscheers for help btw

mass3011
09-30-10, 11:43 am

Mr. Dead
09-30-10, 11:54 am
Just updated before you wrote this. YOUR TOO QUICK! I just took an Agent O this morning!

Nice!!! (I'm a bit quicker during growth season... My brain gets it's precious carbs back.. *LOL*)

C.Coronato
10-11-10, 10:29 am
JUst a quick update. Weight is around 210-215. Started regularly taking my Uni-Liver and 100% Beef Aminos - 4 each with 3 meals, putting me at 12 a day for each. Weight is increasing from that alone, so thats awesome. Pro and Oats are added in having a shake a day, either for breakfast, or for meal 3. Depending on how i am that day. Some days i need more rest, so ill have it instead of my eggs and oats. Excited for July as Team Universe comes around again. I think about it every single day, and i cant wait to get back up there.

Universal Rep
11-03-10, 1:38 pm
This Q/A thread is closed and has moved to here fellas... http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Forum/Train/Advice-From-The-Universal-Staff/C.Coronato-Q-and-A-Out-of-the-Frying-Pan#post_11631

Thanks.

C.Coronato
07-06-16, 12:44 pm
Back in action! Im here to help fellas!

Universal Rep
07-07-16, 3:47 pm
Back in action! Im here to help fellas!

You've come a long way since this thread originally started.

C.Coronato
07-07-16, 3:53 pm
You've come a long way since this thread originally started.

Doing my best to keep grinding. I guess anything in life takes time, practice, and patience. Ive grown up a lot (I like to think) in the last 7 years being part of the U!

This is 2009 - 2016

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d157/chefcorn/IMG_7969_zpsrtmylkly.jpg (http://s35.photobucket.com/user/chefcorn/media/IMG_7969_zpsrtmylkly.jpg.html)

DaveAB
07-11-16, 11:38 am
From your prep thread, I saw that you were doing cardio twice a day at the end. Did you do that so that you could keep more food in your diet? Or you just couldn't shed the fat without that extra cardio?

Also, what is going to be your approach going from your prep diet to another mass build phase? -- I'm currently deep in a fat loss diet and soon I will be making the same transition.

C.Coronato
07-11-16, 1:33 pm
From your prep thread, I saw that you were doing cardio twice a day at the end. Did you do that so that you could keep more food in your diet? Or you just couldn't shed the fat without that extra cardio?

Also, what is going to be your approach going from your prep diet to another mass build phase? -- I'm currently deep in a fat loss diet and soon I will be making the same transition.

Hey Man, thanks for following along.

So my body becomes very stubborn and its hard for me to lose the BF%. So double cardios are always necessary for me to drop. Ive never done a prep with out them unfortunately. I drop fast in the beginning but it just stalls, so we need to kick it up.

So we transitioned out, ive been slowly increasing carbs and decreasing cardio. You cant do anything drastic or you'll blow up, but if you do it to slow youre not going to benefit from the positive rebound! So i basuically just took the diet i was doing at 3 weeks out, added some more carbs, ran that for 2 weeks, then added more carbs, and ill run this for two weeks. My metabolism is still running crazy, im still so hungry so its good.

DaveAB
07-11-16, 2:30 pm
Hey Man, thanks for following along.

So my body becomes very stubborn and its hard for me to lose the BF%. So double cardios are always necessary for me to drop. Ive never done a prep with out them unfortunately. I drop fast in the beginning but it just stalls, so we need to kick it up.

So we transitioned out, ive been slowly increasing carbs and decreasing cardio. You cant do anything drastic or you'll blow up, but if you do it to slow youre not going to benefit from the positive rebound! So i basuically just took the diet i was doing at 3 weeks out, added some more carbs, ran that for 2 weeks, then added more carbs, and ill run this for two weeks. My metabolism is still running crazy, im still so hungry so its good.

Makes alot of sense. I similarly lost a good bit very quickly and have slowed to a halt almost. Currently Roman Fritz does my diet/training routine for me so I'm sure he will give me a swift German kick in the right direction very soon haha!

Thanks for the reply and best of luck in your upcoming offseason!

spartan300
07-11-16, 3:29 pm
Doing my best to keep grinding. I guess anything in life takes time, practice, and patience. Ive grown up a lot (I like to think) in the last 7 years being part of the U!

This is 2009 - 2016

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d157/chefcorn/IMG_7969_zpsrtmylkly.jpg (http://s35.photobucket.com/user/chefcorn/media/IMG_7969_zpsrtmylkly.jpg.html)

Roll the shoulder back, elevate the rib cage and for heaven sake suck in your gut! Other wise you've made some incredible progress my friend. Stay the course your fans are expecting big things from you. We all know you can deliver!

spartan300
07-11-16, 3:37 pm
Roll the shoulder back, elevate the rib cage and for heaven sake suck in your gut! Other wise you've made some incredible progress my friend. Stay the course your fans are expecting big things from you. We all know you can deliver!

... photo 6 weeks prior To this competition?

C.Coronato
07-11-16, 3:40 pm
Makes alot of sense. I similarly lost a good bit very quickly and have slowed to a halt almost. Currently Roman Fritz does my diet/training routine for me so I'm sure he will give me a swift German kick in the right direction very soon haha!

Thanks for the reply and best of luck in your upcoming offseason!

Oh ya, hell have you on track!

Awesome, got it man, thank you.

... photo 6 weeks prior To this competition?

6 weeks prior i did a qualifier show for Jr Nationals. I do have pics from there, let me find them!

spartan300
07-12-16, 11:40 am
Oh ya, hell have you on track!

Awesome, got it man, thank you.

6 weeks prior i did a qualifier show for Jr Nationals. I do have pics from there, let me find them!

C consider this a senior moment or me just talking out of my old ass, but here goes.

Your cut but appear flat. too much cardio? Talk to your guys. Carb up issues? You look dry and hard but lack fullness. I looked over your old YouTube vids you seemed to be carrying quite a bit of nice full muscle. Dieting away fat and excess water ok, pissing away hard earned muscle obviously not the way to go.

C.Coronato
08-03-16, 10:27 am
C consider this a senior moment or me just talking out of my old ass, but here goes.

Your cut but appear flat. too much cardio? Talk to your guys. Carb up issues? You look dry and hard but lack fullness. I looked over your old YouTube vids you seemed to be carrying quite a bit of nice full muscle. Dieting away fat and excess water ok, pissing away hard earned muscle obviously not the way to go.

I think potentially a mix of both. My body doesn't like to get rid of fat, so a ton of cardio is usually utilized, and then beyond that carbing up is difficult as i seem to bloat in my stomach, so its a fine line. I guess its always still learning!

spartan300
08-03-16, 3:00 pm
I think potentially a mix of both. My body doesn't like to get rid of fat, so a ton of cardio is usually utilized, and then beyond that carbing up is difficult as i seem to bloat in my stomach, so its a fine line. I guess its always still learning!

Far be it for me to give advice to a future pro like yourself. I'm sure you've made every adjustment imaginable to correct this problem. I'm stating the obvious, I know it's frustrating but when you have an arm chair quarterback making comments it makes things worse. I do believe you have incredible potential, and barring an incidents or accidents you will be a pro.

C.Coronato
08-04-16, 8:45 am
Far be it for me to give advice to a future pro like yourself. I'm sure you've made every adjustment imaginable to correct this problem. I'm stating the obvious, I know it's frustrating but when you have an arm chair quarterback making comments it makes things worse. I do believe you have incredible potential, and barring an incidents or accidents you will be a pro.

I appreciate any and all critiques to learn and get better my brother. I greatly appreciate the words, and helping me along in the journey!

spartan300
08-04-16, 10:58 am
I appreciate any and all critiques to learn and get better my brother. I greatly appreciate the words, and helping me along in the journey!

Remain humble my friend all the great ones were.

C.Coronato
08-26-16, 9:24 am
Remain humble my friend all the great ones were.

Thank you my brother

C.Coronato
12-22-16, 8:31 am
Who's got questions!